inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Why is Fred so popular on Youtube?

Written By: 80sfan on 08/21/09 at 8:24 pm

This guy is a do*che bag and I think he is so annoying. I DON'T GET WHY HE GETS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY VIEWS!

GOD, I HATE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DO I CARE ABOUT HIM? BECAUSE IF HE'S POPULAR, THAN WHAT'S WRONG WITH OUR GENERATION?

I don't even find him stupid funny, just plain stupid.

Anybody out there agree?

Subject: Re: Why is Fred so popular on Youtube?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/21/09 at 8:26 pm

He is annoying.

Written By: Red Ant on 08/21/09 at 8:28 pm

This guy is a do*che bag and I think he is so annoying. I DON'T GET WHY HE GETS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY VIEWS!

GOD, I HATE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DO I CARE ABOUT HIM? BECAUSE IF HE'S POPULAR, THAN WHAT'S WRONG WITH OUR GENERATION?

I don't even find him stupid funny, just plain stupid.

Anybody out there agree?

Who is Fred?

Ant

Written By: Brian06 on 08/21/09 at 9:05 pm

Who is Fred?

Ant

A quick google reveals that this is probably the Fred is question

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fred

Looks annoying whatever it is LMAO.

Written By: Red Ant on 08/21/09 at 10:03 pm

A quick google reveals that this is probably the Fred is question

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fred

Looks annoying whatever it is LMAO.

Oh, I know him - he did the voice for Saddam Hussein in the South Park Movie. Either that or he is the poster child for Ritalin.

Thanks for the link, I think...  ;D

Ant

Written By: whistledog on 08/22/09 at 10:05 am

Is that his real voice?  Cause if so, he'd have an awesome career as a singing Chipmunk ;D

Written By: ninny on 08/22/09 at 10:27 am

Who is Fred?

Ant

That's what I was thinking.
did some research..Fred is
Lucas Cruikshank is a 15 year old director and actor who got his start by making videos with his two cousins John and Katie and posting them on youtube. Together, they are known as JKL Productions. Recently, Lucas decided to make his videos solo and came up with the character "Fred". Fred is an annoying six year old with an uncaring mother who is most noted for his sped up voice. Lucas has said that he created the first Fred video to poke fun at video bloggers who talk about every single thing that they're doing in the video and etc. The video received tons of positive feedback, and Lucas continues to post videos in the Fred series, which he edits, directs, and acts in by himself. When not making videos, Lucas auditions for movie and TV roles and also pitches ideas to television channels. He is also a dancer and takes jazz, tap, and hip hop classes. Lucas resides in Columbus, Nebraska with his two brothers and five sisters. He is the middle child.

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/22/09 at 5:13 pm

I don't know how or why some people get so popular on YouTube.

One of them is Chris Crocker. All he/she had to do was whine about Britney Spears. I'm sorry, but I never liked Britney Spears to begin with. She is a human, but she chose the path to live and It's not my fault that her life is fudgeed-up.

And it looks like Fred will be the 2009 YouTube Man!

Written By: Womble on 08/22/09 at 10:59 pm

At first I thought he was Amy Sedaris.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/23/09 at 6:21 am

Hey!  The kid is 15, 15 is annoying, but it does show a lot of creativity, and without the voice it is kinda funny.  Cut the kid some slack and come back in 5 years.

Check for new replies or respond here...