inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Six Juveniles Beat Viciously Beat Man;Still Play Pop Warner

Written By: danootaandme on 09/03/09 at 6:37 am

For all those who wonder why athletes think they can get away with murder, here is why. These "good kids", as their coach likes to call them, beat this man severely because he is an immigrant.  The six juveniles in this story are now on the Pop Warner football team!  They are taught from a very young age that what goes on off the field doesn't matter, as long as you can play.  I tried to find a picture to post of the guy, it is sad, in a hospital with all kinds of tubes running in and out, unconscious. Go to the website and you can see what these "good kids" did. 

Suspects in Savage Beating Playing Youth Football
Reporting
Dawn Hasbrouck
LYNN (WBZ) ―

As his mother wipes tears, Alfredo Pojoy is having a tough time talking about his brother who lies in a rehab center with a severe brain injury.

"I thought he would die," says Alfredo Pojoy.

His brother is 30-year-old Damian Merida, described as a hardworking Guatemalan immigrant.

Damian was asleep in a Lynn park on July 22, when six boys, between 11 and 14-years-old, attacked him.

They were arrested and charged with assault with intent to murder, but souces say 5 of them have been released before trial because their coach testified that they've been good kids who should be allowed to play Pop Warner football.

The team wouldn't comment, but a friend of the victim's family is outraged.

"Why the judge allowed them to be released and go back to school or play sports is beyond me," says Nancy Pye.

Nancy has set up the Damian Merida medical fund at Sovereign Bank to help pay the $17,000 in medical bills.

Alfredo and his heartbroken mother want the suspects to pay, not play football.

"I don't feel good because the kids are supposed to stay in jail," says Alfredo.

The Superintendent of schools in Lynn intends to suspend the boys once school starts next week.

Subject: Re: Six Juveniles Beat Viciously Beat Man;Still Play Pop Warner

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/03/09 at 7:31 am

Throw them all into juvenile hall, at least then they may have a chance before becoming cold blooded killers.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/03/09 at 7:38 am

Throw them all into juvenile hall, at least then they may have a chance before becoming cold blooded killers.

They are already cold blooded, the only reason the aren't killers is because the guy is hanging on(by a thread). 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/03/09 at 8:04 am

They are already cold blooded, the only reason the aren't killers is because the guy is hanging on(by a thread). 

Good point, juvi then jail for attempted murder.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/03/09 at 8:13 am

Click in to see what these "good kids" did

www.wbztv.com/local/suspects.playing.pop.2.1160802.html

Written By: Jessica on 09/03/09 at 11:03 am

I want to cry or hurl.  I don't know which.

Do you have any information on how to contribute to this guy's family?  I don't have a lot of money, but I'd like to help with their bills as much as I can.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/03/09 at 11:54 am

I want to cry or hurl.  I don't know which.

Do you have any information on how to contribute to this guy's family?  I don't have a lot of money, but I'd like to help with their bills as much as I can.

Sovereign Bank here in Massachusetts has set up an account in the Name of his cousin Alfredo Pojoy, checks made out to "The Damian Merida Medical Fund"  I am giving.  The prognosis is not good, he will need care for the rest of his life because of extensive brain injury.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/03/09 at 11:57 am

My god how can kids be that savage?  Good kids my ass. >:(

Written By: danootaandme on 09/03/09 at 12:01 pm

There are six of them ages 11 to 14. I cannot imagine who, or what, raised these kids.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/03/09 at 2:53 pm

There are six of them ages 11 to 14. I cannot imagine who, or what, raised these kids.

Drunken wife-beating dads who listen to Howie Carr every day.

Oh, and if six Guatemalan immigrant kids beat up a Pop Warner boy in that same field, Howie would talk like it was the crime of the century!
::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/03/09 at 5:53 pm

We have an 11-year-old here in Picksburgh who callously took a 20-gauge shotgun and blew away his father's girlfriend and unborn child.  It was premeditated and he did an extensive coverup to hide his guilt.

This was NOT a case of a cruel mother or abuse.  He simply did not like the fact that the girl was cutting into his face time with good old Dad.

Now all the bleeding hearts are saying "he was just a kid" and how harsh the system is on him.

Meanwhile the DA is charging him with two counts of 1st Degree murder as an adult.  "Kid"'s been in the slammer for like 6 months.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/03/09 at 9:16 pm

Think that's sick? Then check this out....

>:(

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/690259

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/04/09 at 7:46 pm

We have an 11-year-old here in Picksburgh who callously took a 20-gauge shotgun and blew away his father's girlfriend and unborn child.  It was premeditated and he did an extensive coverup to hide his guilt.

This was NOT a case of a cruel mother or abuse.  He simply did not like the fact that the girl was cutting into his face time with good old Dad.

Now all the bleeding hearts are saying "he was just a kid" and how harsh the system is on him.

Meanwhile the DA is charging him with two counts of 1st Degree murder as an adult.  "Kid"'s been in the slammer for like 6 months.

I wonder how often Dad visits him.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/05/09 at 5:46 am

The National Pop Warner stepped in and told the coaches that the kids are off of the team, so the kids are off of the team.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/05/09 at 3:50 pm

I wonder how often Dad visits him.

Almost every day from what the newspaper reports...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/05/09 at 8:31 pm

The National Pop Warner stepped in and told the coaches that the kids are off of the team, so the kids are off of the team.

Thank god the organization has some sense.  It's sickening how the National had to TELL the coaches to kick the kids off the team!

Written By: danootaandme on 09/06/09 at 5:47 am

Thank god the organization has some sense.  It's sickening how the National had to TELL the coaches to kick the kids off the team!

I would have thought the parents of the other kids on the team wouldn't have wanted those kids beside them on the field.  From what I understand this team is has been a winning team, and to them that is all that counts.  One parent is quoted as saying the oft repeated, "but they are really good kids" .  What world are they living in?

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/06/09 at 9:01 am

One parent is quoted as saying the oft repeated, "but they are really good kids" .  What world are they living in?

That's the standard refrain when people want to defend their favorite criminals, adult and child alike.  Cr@p talk like:

"He was just turning his life around"
"He used to mow my lawn when I was sick"
"He helped little old ladies cross the street"
"People just don't understand him"
"Who are we to judge"

Written By: danootaandme on 09/06/09 at 9:19 am

That's the standard refrain when people want to defend their favorite criminals, adult and child alike.  Cr@p talk like:

ooooooh! My all time fave    ::)  Around what is the question  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/07/09 at 12:59 am

I would have thought the parents of the other kids on the team wouldn't have wanted those kids beside them on the field.  From what I understand this team is has been a winning team, and to them that is all that counts.  One parent is quoted as saying the oft repeated, "but they are really good kids" .  What world are they living in?

Well, right, you should see what the other kids in the neighborhood get up to!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/violent5.gif

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/07/09 at 3:09 pm

"He used to mow my lawn when I was sick"
"He helped little old ladies cross the street"
"People just don't understand him"
"Who are we to judge"

You forgot the "he's never acted like this before, it must have been the other guys fault.  (blaming the victim)

Check for new replies or respond here...