inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Summer of 2009

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/07/09 at 9:51 am

Okay, Labor Day is the unofficial end of Summer. To some...you get summer by the end of October or November, but to some the Summer ends. Like that song "Suddenly, Last Summer"...'One Summer never ends and one summer never begins'.

Well...mine NEVER began and as a matter of fact, I didn't go to the big three things that I would go to this summer. I would go to two car shows and a family reunion...but I did none of the three.

I just had the worst summer ever! 8-P

Subject: Re: Summer of 2009

Written By: 80sfan on 09/07/09 at 10:42 am

Okay, Labor Day is the unofficial end of Summer. To some...you get summer by the end of October or November, but to some the Summer ends. Like that song "Suddenly, Last Summer"...'One Summer never ends and one summer never begins'.

Well...mine NEVER began and as a matter of fact, I didn't go to the big three things that I would go to this summer. I would go to two car shows and a family reunion...but I did none of the three.

I just had the worst summer ever! 8-P

I did horrible in my classes in the Spring and my mother was mad at me the whole summer. It was a horrible summer.
Not only that, the music on the radio sucked and there's nothing interesting in pop culture right now. I can't even escape to tv. The only show I like is NCIS.

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/07/09 at 10:58 am

I did horrible in my classes in the Spring and my mother was mad at me the whole summer. It was a horrible summer.
Not only that, the music on the radio sucked and there's nothing interesting in pop culture right now. I can't even escape to tv. The only show I like is NCIS.

I can understand the pop culture thing REAL well.

That's why I hated the 00s...not only they were bad years (most of them) but there was no good TV, Movies, or Music. They even took the reruns off of TV!

I just wish for the best for the 10s.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/07/09 at 11:43 am

I can understand the pop culture thing REAL well.

That's why I hated the 00s...not only they were bad years (most of them) but there was no good TV, Movies, or Music. They even took the reruns off of TV!

I just wish for the best for the 10s.

To be honest, I think the first half of the 2010's will suck (2010-2015), but by mid-decade, pop culture will get better.

Written By: Davester on 09/07/09 at 3:17 pm

Summer ain't what it used to be.  I still have to work and I get two weeks vacation per year, which isn't really two weeks but more like ten days...

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/07/09 at 3:27 pm

Summer was boring.  I'm glad Fall will be here shortly. :)

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/07/09 at 8:10 pm

The summer of 2009 had good and bad, but overall could have been a lot better. The summer of 2008 was a lot better. This summer the weather was crappy and it was the beginning of my marital problems which lead to a divorce (which in the long run will be a good thing, I hope). As for movies, there were a few good ones such as Star Trek, Terminator Salvation, and a few others. As for music however, I don't know what happened. The spring had some good new music, but the last few months the Billboard Charts have been unchanged (or the webmaster hasn't updated them). I mean I think its about time for someone besides the Black Eyed Peas to have the #1 spot, since their "I Gotta A Feeling" song is ok but not that great, and I can't stand "Boom Boom Pow!" I'm also getting tired of all the wanna-be T-Pain artists with the autotune singing and dance beats. Why can't they make good R&B music anymore, like Jodeci?

Written By: 90steen on 09/07/09 at 8:17 pm

I had a pretty good summer. This summer is a big change for me. This is the first whole summer where I was married with child. Celebrated her first birthday August 16th  :) spent a lot of time with a 17 year old nephew who's having problems at home, stayed with my dad back in my hometown for a little, even partied a little at my sister's wedding reception. Also, like the rest of you, had a lot of nostalgia for summers from my youth.

Written By: Starde on 09/25/09 at 7:57 pm

Well, let's take a look back at my summer.

I graduated from high school.
My favorite singer died.
I went to college.

Yep, that's pretty much it. Oh, and I took a 3 days trip to Los Angeles. Overall, I did not have a happy summer.

Written By: mooster on 09/25/09 at 8:40 pm

I think it was good ! It ended so long ago  ::)

Written By: tv on 09/26/09 at 4:46 pm

Summer of 2009 did alot of things.

Went to the Jersey Shore a few times including Atlantic City once. I went to the Philadelphia Zoo too and went to go see comedian Mark Curry last weekend.

Written By: Kyle 230 on 12/01/09 at 8:38 pm

The summer of 2009 had good and bad, but overall could have been a lot better. The summer of 2008 was a lot better. This summer the weather was crappy and it was the beginning of my marital problems which lead to a divorce (which in the long run will be a good thing, I hope). As for movies, there were a few good ones such as Star Trek, Terminator Salvation, and a few others. As for music however, I don't know what happened. The spring had some good new music, but the last few months the Billboard Charts have been unchanged (or the webmaster hasn't updated them). I mean I think its about time for someone besides the Black Eyed Peas to have the #1 spot, since their "I Gotta A Feeling" song is ok but not that great, and I can't stand "Boom Boom Pow!" I'm also getting tired of all the wanna-be T-Pain artists with the autotune singing and dance beats. Why can't they make good R&B music anymore, like Jodeci?

It looks like we have been having a writers strike in music like it was on the TV.  For most of this year, we seen a lot of the same artists go on for months without getting many songs, and the songs are mediocre and slapped together songs.  Boom Boom Pow was very catchy at the start, but it sounds like your generic black eyes peas song... the my humps feel to it definetely.  I liked it when Fergie was solo, she made better music than the BEP themselves.  This fall it looks like the writers strike was over and there is a lot of variety on the top 40 right now.

Written By: whistledog on 12/01/09 at 8:42 pm

I don't even know what I did Summer of this year.  I work so many hours, I barely have time to sleep these days.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/02/09 at 6:29 am

Out of work, my mother died,  my brother died, got sick for a week on clams, gained weight.  It just sucked.

Written By: Stompgal on 12/05/09 at 7:23 am

The Summer of 2009 was a mixed bag for me. Although it was lovely to spend Summer Vacation with my family and their dog, I still had my moments such as being anxious around kids during my holiday in Wales and missing my Key Worker when she was in Ireland. I enjoyed having a break from the hustle and bustle of London too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/05/09 at 7:31 am

What summer, I never saw one here.

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/06/09 at 11:07 am

What summer, I never saw one here.

Me neither, Did it rain in England this year?

If so...then I had your weather too!

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/06/09 at 11:10 am

Me neither, Did it rain in England this year?

If so...then I had your weather too!
I think that rain is the best word for it.

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/07/09 at 3:21 pm

I think that rain is the best word for it.

Yep. All this summer it just rained, not like those passing Summer Showers, more like a drizzle and it didn't get hot until August and it was only for one weekend! When we had our Church Picnic and we had people run on a 90 Degree Day!

Other than that...The Summer of 2009 (as well as the whole damn year) was a wash-up and I feel 2010 will be the same or worse. :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...