inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Plax gets Two Years

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/22/09 at 12:29 pm

NFL star wide receiver Plaxico Burress was sentenced today for his role in shooting himself at a New York nightclub.

Plax got two years, which with good behavior can end up as only 20 months.  :-\\

Subject: Re: Plax gets Two Years

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/22/09 at 6:19 pm

Only two years?

:o

Subject: Re: Plax gets Two Years

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/23/09 at 2:31 am

Im sorry, I think 2 yrs is alittle much... i mean NYS has tough gun laws, he did something stupid but 2 yrs... i live in NYS and every other week I get newsletters about pedophiles being released in our community and doing UNSPEAKABLE crimes that serve less than what Plaxico got.... and they are free right in areas filled with children.
Yes, his gun went off,, hit him only and he could have killed or hurt others but, as a victim of UNSPEAKABLE abuse myself, a SURVIVOR I like to call myself...... With a gun, if ur shot and die, its over... for victims of other crimes, U die over and over day after day.
Im NOT saying he should be free, and yes he was and still is a fav athlete of mine, he made a mistake, he clearly needs help but. 2 yrs?? Or even 20 months.... RIDICULOUS!
Thats NYS for u.....
::)

Check for new replies or respond here...