inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: House

Written By: Tam on 09/23/09 at 4:31 pm

Who watched the 2 hour season premier?

I DVR'd it and watched it last night. It was completely different from what I expected and yet it touched me and made me cry twice!

Thoughts on how this season will go?
And I guess thoughts on each episode as they pass... ;)

Subject: Re: House

Written By: Jessica on 09/23/09 at 5:01 pm

I bawled at the beginning during his detox.  It was so real.

I bawled in the middle when he took his super hero friend out for a day at the carnival and with what happened afterwards.

I bawled at the end when he actually asked for help.

So yeah, two hour weep fest going on there, interspersed with chuckles at the doctor who one upped him.  I adore this show, and I'm hoping that it will get back up to snuff after last season's disappointments (there were quite a few episodes that I could have done without).

Written By: danootaandme on 09/23/09 at 5:02 pm

One of my favorite shows.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 09/23/09 at 6:10 pm

Loved it. Am I the only one hoping for Alvie to make a surprise visit to the hospital  ;D

he makes an entrance into the room announcing he's Houses friend. Everyone is dumbfounded that house would know Him. He'll they're just shocked house has a friend.  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 09/23/09 at 6:51 pm

House, the character, is so cool!!  :)

Written By: karen on 09/23/09 at 9:15 pm

I was busy on Monday night so we are waiting for it to get onto Fox on demand or hulu

Written By: snozberries on 09/24/09 at 6:31 am

I was busy on Monday night so we are waiting for it to get onto Fox on demand or hulu

Season 6 episodes will be available on Hulu starting Sept. 29.

sorry Karen- hulu's turn around isn't as quick as I thought it would be.  :-\\

Written By: karen on 09/24/09 at 7:14 am

Season 6 episodes will be available on Hulu starting Sept. 29.

sorry Karen- hulu's turn around isn't as quick as I thought it would be.  :-\\

My next dilemma is whether next Monday's ep will be on hulu the next day or the following week.  :-\\

I can't decide whether to watch Monday's when it is broadcast and then watch the premiere or watch them both on-line.  But will I ever catch up that way?  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 09/24/09 at 1:31 pm

My next dilemma is whether next Monday's ep will be on hulu the next day or the following week.   :-\\

I can't decide whether to watch Monday's when it is broadcast and then watch the premiere or watch them both on-line.  But will I ever catch up that way?   ;D

the premiere is about houses journey but it's kind of  a stand alone episode. Honestly I think you'll be fine watching them out of order and I never want to watch anything out of order.

Written By: gibbo on 09/24/09 at 4:08 pm

Here's a question ....relating to House and just about every other American TV show since the 70's.  I have noticed that characters in US TV are mostly called by their Surnames. Is it the same way in real life over there...or just a thing on TV?  The show is called House...and everyone just then calls him House.

I noticed the same thing in many other shows where only the Surname is used. NCIS...it's Gibbs (which I don't mind as that's my name too)..

Written By: snozberries on 09/24/09 at 5:09 pm

Here's a question ....relating to House and just about every other American TV show since the 70's.   I have noticed that characters in US TV are mostly called by their Surnames. Is it the same way in real life over there...or just a thing on TV?  The show is called House...and everyone just then calls him House.

I noticed the same thing in many other shows where only the Surname is used. NCIS...it's Gibbs (which I don't mind as that's my name too)..

tts not the same with every person or every profession... it is true in places like law enforcement and the military. It becomes common place to refer to people in those positions by their last name (perhaps because its written clearly on their uniform shirts so you often know them by their last name before you ever learn their first name.

while no one calls me by my last name some of our dispatchers are referred to by theirs.  And almost every officer I work with is called by their last name more often than by their first.

Written By: Tam on 10/06/09 at 9:32 pm

James Earl Jones!
I am sitting here watching last nights House and Oh My Goodness! JEJ is just amazing! And what a topic for the series to take on! Genocide. I am half way through and can only imagine where it is leading to...

8)

Written By: danootaandme on 10/07/09 at 6:13 am

James Earl Jones!
I am sitting here watching last nights House and Oh My Goodness! JEJ is just amazing! And what a topic for the series to take on! Genocide. I am half way through and can only imagine where it is leading to...

8)

Fantastic show.  Actually opening up serious ethical questions during prime time, and not in a condescending preachy way.  This was one(of many) GREAT episode.

Written By: KKay on 10/07/09 at 8:03 am

I have been loving it.  I have to watch it on Hulu so I'm behind an episode but it's a great season.  I am happy that there is new tension among the characters and the premier episode
gave us some great Hugh Laurie acting.  I think all the changes were smart- so far.  I hope he returns to work, and I look forward to all the stress it causes the staff.  For me the show is all about stress- and how happy I am that I'm me and not Cuddy.  Or Foreman....

Written By: danootaandme on 10/07/09 at 8:21 am

I have been loving it.  I have to watch it on Hulu so I'm behind an episode but it's a great season.  I am happy that there is new tension among the characters and the premier episode
gave us some great Hugh Laurie acting.  I think all the changes were smart- so far.  I hope he returns to work, and I look forward to all the stress it causes the staff.   For me the show is all about stress- and how happy I am that I'm me and not Cuddy.  Or Foreman....

......or anyone else within earshot of him  :)

Written By: Tam on 10/07/09 at 10:36 am

Fantastic show.  Actually opening up serious ethical questions during prime time, and not in a condescending preachy way.  This was one(of many) GREAT episode.

Exactly! I sat throughout most of the episode with my mouth open!
And the ending!!! I didn't see that coming at all. Chase... and the man crying in the morgue... I think he is his son... :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 10/07/09 at 3:18 pm

It was a great episode.

Written By: KKay on 10/08/09 at 7:36 am

aaah!!!!  I'm not listening.  I have to watch them a week behind.  I better read this thread a week after each episode too. :)

Written By: Tam on 10/19/09 at 8:35 pm

I can't believe I didn't write about last weeks episode!!!

This season is definitely making up for last season. I am really enjoying the team being together again, and I am rather fond of seeing a different side of Chase.

Back on... will post soon

Written By: Tam on 10/19/09 at 8:48 pm

So as I was saying, I am drawn in by House again. The whole human, getting better House is just plain sexy to me. (And Hugh Laurie isn't too bad either.) ;)

Chase going to the Priest... coming home drunk... this isn't going to end will for him I don't think.

One episode without 13 and I actually kind of miss her. And of course I miss Cutthroat B!tch.

Does it not come back until November now? Taking the break for baseball?

Written By: snozberries on 10/20/09 at 3:45 am

aaah!!!!   I'm not listening.  I have to watch them a week behind.  I better read this thread a week after each episode too. :)

and now I'm a week behind because like an idiot I recorded the east coast feed and the game went over so I only got half of the episode recorded.  >:(

Written By: danootaandme on 10/20/09 at 5:48 am

I fell asleep!!!!!  OH NO!  I hope they replay it sometime on the weekend, that happens frequently.  It was looking very good, but I closed my eyes for just a second during the commercial.  :(

Written By: karen on 10/20/09 at 7:46 am

I forgot it was on.  :-[

I caught the last few minutes because it over-ran (or rather the game over-ran beforehand).  It looks worth checking out via hulu or Fox on-demand

Written By: snozberries on 10/20/09 at 11:29 am

I forgot it was on.   :-[

I caught the last few minutes because it over-ran (or rather the game over-ran beforehand).  It looks worth checking out via hulu or Fox on-demand

sadly I don't get on-demand but I'm upgrading to HD after the first of the year and that will come with on demand.
Hulu and Fox.com are both still showing last weeks eps.  >:(

Written By: Tam on 10/20/09 at 11:43 am

sadly I don't get on-demand but I'm upgrading to HD after the first of the year and that will come with on demand.
Hulu and Fox.com are both still showing last weeks eps.   >:(

I don't think the episode will be up until Next Tuesday... :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 10/20/09 at 12:51 pm

see that's why I hate baseball!  >:(

Written By: danootaandme on 10/20/09 at 3:06 pm

see that's why I hate baseball!  >:(

But what a game!

Written By: snozberries on 10/27/09 at 11:19 pm

and you were right... you know it sucks they make you wait a week- all other shows are available the next day... do they think it builds up suspense or something? It just pisses me off..

but finally I got to watch House tonight and it was good but I'm holding a grudge that I had to wait so long to view it.

Written By: snozberries on 11/07/09 at 12:55 pm

Woo Hoo... House is back next week.. I'm going to be out of town for training.... Who knows if I will get to watch it on Monday- at least I'm recording it so I won't have to wait two freakin' weeks to watch it on Hulu.

Written By: Tam on 11/07/09 at 1:02 pm

Woo Hoo... House is back next week.. I'm going to be out of town for training.... Who knows if I will get to watch it on Monday- at least I'm recording it so I won't have to wait two freakin' weeks to watch it on Hulu.

Here's hoping there isn't a speech from the President or someone else that might pre-empt it! :D ;)

Written By: snozberries on 11/07/09 at 1:08 pm

Here's hoping there isn't a speech from the President or someone else that might pre-empt it! :D ;)

I know right! Don't jinx me!!!

Written By: Tam on 11/24/09 at 6:25 pm

After I get caught up with Dex tonight (one episode left) I am going to get caught up with House.
I have to watch last weeks online and then I will watch the one on the dvr. 8)

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/09 at 6:27 pm

After I get caught up with Dex tonight (one episode left) I am going to get caught up with House.
I have to watch last weeks online and then I will watch the one on the dvr. 8)

good, good so you'll see them in order...  :)

Written By: Tam on 11/24/09 at 6:29 pm

good, good so you'll see them in order...  :)

Only because of your recommendation 8)

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/09 at 6:30 pm

Only because of your recommendation 8)

its good... there's an evolution that you'd miss if you watched out of order....otherwise I'd say don't bother...

Written By: Tam on 11/24/09 at 8:02 pm

its good... there's an evolution that you'd miss if you watched out of order....otherwise I'd say don't bother...

About to start House online...

Written By: Tam on 11/24/09 at 8:56 pm

Umm...

good thing I tossed all my cookies yesterday - Dude's liver is full of worms! 8-P 8-P

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/09 at 9:08 pm

I have to get this off my chest....

CHASE IS PISSING ME OFF!  >:(

Written By: Tam on 11/24/09 at 9:19 pm

So this episode did reveal an awful lot.
Cameron came clean about loving House. My jaw dropped on that one. I mean, I knew she had an attraction to him and all but I never thought in a million years she would ever outwardly admit it.

And you know, House definitely has an addictive personality. Whether it is to morphine or Cuddy or his old team, he has to have something that does feel comfortable and normal to him. That's why the game playing in order to get the team back together.

And I see Q where you said that Chase is pissing you off - I actually think that last weeks episode finally gave him some cojones. Of course I still have to watch this weeks.

Funny thing - I always sit here hoping to hear Hugh's British Accent come through. lol I am a moron I know. ;D

Off to the next epi.

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/09 at 10:00 pm

So this episode did reveal an awful lot.
Cameron came clean about loving House. My jaw dropped on that one. I mean, I knew she had an attraction to him and all but I never thought in a million years she would ever outwardly admit it.

And you know, House definitely has an addictive personality. Whether it is to morphine or Cuddy or his old team, he has to have something that does feel comfortable and normal to him. That's why the game playing in order to get the team back together.

And I see Q where you said that Chase is pissing you off - I actually think that last weeks episode finally gave him some cojones. Of course I still have to watch this weeks.

Funny thing - I always sit here hoping to hear Hugh's British Accent come through. lol I am a moron I know. ;D

Off to the next epi.

yeah I didn't expect her to admit it either... and I thought she had a crush on him I didn't think she was in love with him.

Chase is growing, finally, some cojones...but given the choice between Chase or Cameron on the time I would choose Cameron.

Written By: Tam on 11/24/09 at 10:27 pm

yeah I didn't expect her to admit it either... and I thought she had a crush on him I didn't think she was in love with him.

Chase is growing, finally, some cojones...but given the choice between Chase or Cameron on the time I would choose Cameron.

Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree. ;)
I love me some Chase. 8)

This epi. was pretty good. House is obviously never going to give up on Cuddy, and she knows that. I don't know why she just doesn't give it a go with him - other than the fact that she thinks she will then be his drug of choice. And Chase punching House in the face! Priceless. And then Taulb? using the picture with his wife - claiming he punched out House! Hilarious. Gah! I love this show so dang much!!!

Written By: gibbo on 11/24/09 at 10:42 pm

I love me some Chase. 8)

This epi. was pretty good. House is obviously never going to give up on Cuddy, and she knows that. I don't know why she just doesn't give it a go with him - other than the fact that she thinks she will then be his drug of choice. And Chase punching House in the face! Priceless. And then Taulb? using the picture with his wife - claiming he punched out House! Hilarious. Gah! I love this show so dang much!!!

Hey ...steady on...those episodes haven't aired over here yet!  >:(  ;) ;D  ....and of course you like Chase...he's an Aussie!  8)

Written By: Tam on 11/24/09 at 10:48 pm

Hey ...steady on...those episodes haven't aired over here yet!  >:(   ;) ;D   ....and of course you like Chase...he's an Aussie!  8)

For sure!!! 8)
And if all Aussie's are like Chase................ Bring 'Em On!!! Hahaha! :P 8)

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/09 at 11:08 pm

I love me some Chase. 8)

the only problem with a Cuddy/House hook up is the baby.... I don't know that House has the capacity or interest in being a daddy... i know they did that one ep a few years ago about the pregnant lady and House went all soft when that little hand grabbed him but that was just one moment... Cuddy has to wonder what his influence would be like on his daughter.... nurturing isn't exactly in his vocab!  ;D

We can disagree.... we disagreed about Quinn and eventually you came over to my way of thinking... I can wait for this one too  ;)

I just find Cameron more interesting...always have.

How awkward must the last two years have been for those two actors since they broke up in real life but had to act as a couple for so long

Written By: Tam on 11/24/09 at 11:23 pm

How awkward must the last two years have been for those two actors since they broke up in real life but had to act as a couple for so long

I learn something new everyday!
I had no idea they broke up!

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/09 at 11:34 pm

I learn something new everyday!
I had no idea they broke up!

yeah right around the time House was searching for a new team.

Written By: Tam on 11/24/09 at 11:39 pm

yeah right around the time House was searching for a new team.

Fabulous!!!

Written By: danootaandme on 11/25/09 at 8:15 am

I love me some Chase. 8)

She has already.  They slept together once.  Then she went to his place and caught him with a hooker, then he announced to the whole hospital waiting room that he had slept with her.  House is a genius, but he is an emotional train wreck and nothing is going to cure that.  He wants her until he has her, the only way she can keep him is to walk away.  Let's face it, we have all been there.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/18/10 at 7:30 am

:o

OMFG!!!!!

Did you guys see it last night?!

Written By: karen on 05/18/10 at 9:03 am

OMFG!!!!!

Just before he said he thought he might be hallucinating my daughter asked if he was hallucinating!

Written By: Jessica on 05/18/10 at 9:40 am

OMFG!!!!!

Yes.  Oh Lord, yes.  It was an epic episode.  I'll admit I bawled my eyes out when he was telling that girl about his leg.

Just before he said he thought he might be hallucinating my daughter asked if he was hallucinating!

I said the same thing! ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/18/10 at 10:23 am

OMFG!!!!!

It was sooooo freaking good!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 05/18/10 at 10:26 am

I said the same thing! ;D

I knew he wasn't because her face said it all when they looked at each other when he was in the ambulance.... and when she looked at him when he realized he would have to amputate...  oh man... I love this ep.

This season is gonna be on blu ray and I think I might do it for this ep alone.... 

Written By: danootaandme on 05/19/10 at 6:20 am

ME TOO!

Sometimes television comes through with something brilliant.  Very rare, but this was brilliant  :)  Now we have to see how they manage keeping House on the edge.  After all, it is all about House and the edge.

Check for new replies or respond here...