inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dancing With The Stars 9

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/24/09 at 8:22 am

Well its that time of year again, DWTS-9 premiered this week.

Anybody here have any favourites?

This week, Macy Gray (chick who sings like she has a Brillo pad stuffed down her throat) and Ashley Hamilton (the male Paris Hilton) each got the boot.

My prediction is Kathy Ireland goes next week.  When she is dancing and also when awaiting the judge's reactions, her face has a look on it like she's on an airplane, has an attack of IBS coming on, and both lavs are occupied.  :P

My early favorite?  Mya.  8)

Subject: Re: Dancing With The Stars 9

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/30/09 at 8:25 am

Indeed Kathy Ireland got tossed last night.

And Mya Harrison was smoking hot.  :P  I think she can take this thing, although Donny Osmond looks to be tough competition.

Kelly Osbourne could be next to get the axe.  :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 09/30/09 at 9:22 am

I am rooting for Donny Osmond.  I can't believe Kathy went over Tom Delay.  Tom almost dropped his partner...he should have gone.

Written By: statsqueen on 09/30/09 at 9:29 am

I am rooting for Donny Osmond.  I can't believe Kathy went over Tom Delay.  Tom almost dropped his partner...he should have gone.

Granted I haven't watched the show for a while, but it seems like some they just keep on for comic relief (George Hamilton, Cloris Leachman, Jerry Springer) and that is probably Tom's role.  Just a guess on my part!

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/30/09 at 12:43 pm

I think the voters cut Delay some slack because his fumble was due to an injured foot.  Otherwise he actually made a pretty decent showing.

Kathy Ireland, on the other hand, wasn't putting much effort into it, or at least it did not come across that way.

I do believe that Delay will be gone some time in the next couple a weeks though.

Written By: Marian on 10/01/09 at 12:37 pm

Well its that time of year again, DWTS-9 premiered this week.

Anybody here have any favourites?

This week, Macy Gray (chick who sings like she has a Brillo pad stuffed down her throat) and Ashley Hamilton (the male Paris Hilton) each got the boot.

My prediction is Kathy Ireland goes next week.  When she is dancing and also when awaiting the judge's reactions, her face has a look on it like she's on an airplane, has an attack of IBS coming on, and both lavs are occupied.  :P

My early favorite?  Mya.  8)I thought kathy ireland a bit boring myself.

Written By: Dagwood on 10/01/09 at 7:04 pm

Kathy Ireland, on the other hand, wasn't putting much effort into it, or at least it did not come across that way.

You're right, but I like her and wanted her to do well.  Oh well.  Just a tv show.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/07/09 at 2:05 pm

Well, dancer Debi Mazar got the axe last night.  As was the case with the prior ejectees, she simply did not seem to be "into it" and that's a buzzkill with the voters.

Tom "The Hammer" Delay had to withdraw from the competition due to stress fractures in both feet.  He was not all that bad (no way he woulda won the contest) and seemed to enjoy himself and try hard.  Kudos to him.

Mya Harrison for the third straight week was SMOKIN' hot.  If it were not for the fact that some people here would be offended, I might say that I'd party with her...  :P

I think that Mya is gonna take all this season.  8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/14/09 at 2:21 pm

Well extreme fighter Chuck Liddell got the axe this week.   :-Aaron Carter, who has been pretty much of a wuss this season, who can't seem to take the criticism from the judges.  I woulda whacked him this week.

Mya Harrison, as always, was screaming hot.   :P

I was just thinking, maybe next season they can have extreme fighter Kimbo Slice come on board.  That would be awesome.  8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/28/09 at 3:46 pm

Last night they had a "Double Elimination", where the last place couple gets whacked, then the next two have a danceoff, loser also gets the boot.

Last night Melissa Hart got knocked out as the lowest vote-getter, and then snowboarder Louie Vito lost in the danceoff.  Michael Irvin prevailed in the danceoff and lives to fight another day.  8)

I was OK with Melissa Hart, she had a good attitude throughout the competition.  :)  Louie Vito struck me as a jagoff and so I was not unhappy to see him get the heave-ho.  What Michael Irvin lacks in technique, he makes up for in attitude and hustle.  8) That said, I expect him to get cut within the next two weeks unless he really kicks butt.  :-\\

It is interesting that DWTS has uber-conservatives Melissa Hart and Tom "The Hammer" Delay on the show.  I wonder if next season they will have ultraliberals to even out the score? ???

Mya Harrison  :-*  is still my favorite to take all, but Donny Osmond is right on her tail.

Written By: nondiva234 on 11/01/09 at 1:32 am

I'm Team Donny, Team Mya, and Team Aaron, in that order. :D

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/18/09 at 7:17 am

The field has been winnowed down to three finalists.  Last night, bodacious Playboy model Joanne Krupa got vited off.

The finalists are Kelly Osbourne, Donny OSmond, and Mya Harrison  :-*

Written By: whistledog on 11/18/09 at 6:08 pm

The field has been winnowed down to three finalists.  Last night, bodacious Playboy model Joanne Krupa got vited off.

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

I got that Issue of PB and even put a picture of her as my ZUNE wallpaper.  She is gorgeous and I liked watching her shake her booty

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/18/09 at 10:40 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

I got that Issue of PB and even put a picture of her as my ZUNE wallpaper.  She is gorgeous and I liked watching her shake her booty

Yeah, she definitely has party potential...  :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/24/09 at 6:01 pm

Tonite we will finally find out who will win the coveted Mirror Ball Trophy.

My money is on Mya.  :-*

Written By: Dagwood on 11/25/09 at 7:44 am

Congrats to Donny!

Check for new replies or respond here...