inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which new shows of Fall 2009 are you enjoying?

Written By: snozberries on 09/24/09 at 5:40 pm

You can vote for as many shows as you want... I just want to know what your opinion of the new shows is....
also you can edit the poll so if you change your mind you can come back and change it.

So far I really like the Good Wife.
The Forgotten is okay but not very original. Its basically CSI meets Cold Case meets something else. But I like this type of drama so I'll keep watching it.
Eastwick is like Desperate Housewives with less comedy. I'm intrigued.
Of the ABC comedies Cougar Town was the only one I could stomach..its not great but I may watch it to see if it finds its rhythm (this why I will continue to watch Community as well)

Mercy is like some decided to transplant the characters from Showtime's Nurse Jackie and put them in NBC's hour long Drama.... Nurse Jackie is 100 times better- its better written and better acted.  Also Mercy made me miss ER..... Trauma will probably make me miss Third Watch.

I have high hopes for Flashforward tonight but I have a hard time seeing it as series. Although the creator said (at an event I attended) they  have already broken the next 5 years....it means they have a plan for 5 seasons- this is really, really rare-  

finally.... Glee is starting to grow on me. Wonder what kind of licensing deal they've made for the music rights for DVD... this a show fans should be saving just in case the DVD rights are held up due to copyrights.....  

Subject: Re: Which new shows of Fall 2009 are you enjoying?

Written By: Tam on 09/24/09 at 5:43 pm

I haven't had the chance to take in all of the shows I want to, although most are on the DVR.

I am not sure if I am going to follow 90210 this season. I managed to get caught up last season, but this one started out rough and it didn't hold me.

Flashforward starts tonight doesn't it?

I will probably get caught up this weekend, so I will be able to give my full report by Monday I hope! 8)

(Great thread Q !!!)

Written By: snozberries on 09/24/09 at 5:45 pm

I haven't had the chance to take in all of the shows I want to, although most are on the DVR.

I am not sure if I am going to follow 90210 this season. I managed to get caught up last season, but this one started out rough and it didn't hold me.

Flashforward starts tonight doesn't it?

I will probably get caught up this weekend, so I will be able to give my full report by Monday I hope! 8)

(Great thread Q !!!)

thanks Tam....

yeah Flashforward starts tonight. It repeats (tomorrow I think)

Written By: karen on 09/24/09 at 5:52 pm

I understand that Flashforward is based on a book

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/24/09 at 6:08 pm

I've been enjoying the new panel-discussion format on The Insider.  8)

It is sort of a McLaughlin Group, except this one is focused exclusively on Hollywood gossip news, and is chaired by the luscious Lara Spencer.  :P

Written By: snozberries on 09/24/09 at 6:15 pm

I've been enjoying the new panel-discussion format on The Insider.   8)

It is sort of a McLaughlin Group, except this one is focused exclusively on Hollywood gossip news, and is chaired by the luscious Lara Spencer.   :P

here's the event I went to for ABC fall shows. David Goyer is trying to explain the concept of Flashforward and he breaks it down for Patricia Heaton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3jk_oQHrd0&feature=related

Written By: Tam on 09/24/09 at 6:29 pm

I understand that Flashforward is based on a book

hmmm..... I thought it was just ABC coming up with a new concept since this January will be the last season for LOST. :-\\

Written By: karen on 09/24/09 at 7:10 pm

hmmm..... I thought it was just ABC coming up with a new concept since this January will be the last season for LOST. :-\\

On another message board I belong to someone was discussing UK Channel 5's 13-part dramatisation of Robert Sawyer's sci fi novel, first published in 1999.  Further on in the discussion someone mentions that it's an American production.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/24/09 at 8:40 pm

Glee, Modern Family and Community.

Written By: statsqueen on 09/25/09 at 7:46 am

I have missed many of these.  I need a tv guide *sigh*

Last night I watched CSI instead of FlashForward.  Mistake.

Watched The Forgotten.  It wasn't bad.  Can't remember what I chose over Good Wife, but I think I regretted it.  Sorry, lack of sleep is making my mind fuzzy.

When is Hank on, Q?  See, I need a tv guide so I can quit bugging you with scheduling questions.

Written By: Jessica on 09/25/09 at 9:43 am

On another message board I belong to someone was discussing UK Channel 5's 13-part dramatisation of Robert Sawyer's sci fi novel, first published in 1999.  Further on in the discussion someone mentions that it's an American production.

It is based on a book, albeit loosely.  I think it is more based on the CONCEPT that Sawyer dreamed up, rather than the actual story.  I'm waiting to get the book from the library, but it'll be another three weeks or so. :o

I watched FlashForward.  It ruled.

Written By: snozberries on 09/25/09 at 10:09 am

I have missed many of these.  I need a tv guide *sigh*

Last night I watched CSI instead of FlashForward.  Mistake.

Watched The Forgotten.  It wasn't bad.  Can't remember what I chose over Good Wife, but I think I regretted it.  Sorry, lack of sleep is making my mind fuzzy.

When is Hank on, Q?  See, I need a tv guide so I can quit bugging you with scheduling questions.

Hank is on Wed at 8pm

You watched the Forgotten instead of Good Wife and I think Good Wife was better.... remember abc puts virtually everything online while CBS is selective so better to choose an alternate network and catch up with ABC later....

CSI over Flashforward?!?  :o  Woman I should throttle you! I've been telling you to watch Flashforward for two weeks and you watch a show that hasn't been good in years?  What the heck!

Of course you'll probably be otherwise engaged tonight and will miss the repeat of the Flashforward pilot- it airs on ABC tonight at 8.

Written By: snozberries on 09/25/09 at 2:06 pm

BTW Hank starts this coming Wednesday.

Written By: statsqueen on 09/25/09 at 2:11 pm

Hank is on Wed at 8pm

You watched the Forgotten instead of Good Wife and I think Good Wife was better.... remember abc puts virtually everything online while CBS is selective so better to choose an alternate network and catch up with ABC later....

CSI over Flashforward?!?  :o  Woman I should throttle you! I've been telling you to watch Flashforward for two weeks and you watch a show that hasn't been good in years?  What the heck!

Of course you'll probably be otherwise engaged tonight and will miss the repeat of the Flashforward pilot- it airs on ABC tonight at 8.

I'm sorry, I was lured by the commercials....I was bamboozled.  :-\\    I promise I am not going to jazz tonight and will watch the repeat of the pilot tonight at 8.  I will also switch to Good Wife.  Hank will be a problem because I'm starting a Zumba class Wednesdays 7-8p so won't be home til 8:30-8:45.

Written By: Tam on 09/25/09 at 6:58 pm

Well, I have been catching up with my faithfuls. Watched Grey's just now - thought it was awesome.

I might just check out a new show on the DVR or I might catch up with 90210 or The Vampire Diaries... not sure which ;)

Written By: snozberries on 09/25/09 at 7:23 pm

I'm sorry, I was lured by the commercials....I was bamboozled.  :-\\    I promise I am not going to jazz tonight and will watch the repeat of the pilot tonight at 8.  I will also switch to Good Wife.  Hank will be a problem because I'm starting a Zumba class Wednesdays 7-8p so won't be home til 8:30-8:45.

I will give you that the opening of CSI was awesome but that's about it...

I must teach you how to use your vcr.... or is it broken I forget.

Written By: Tam on 09/25/09 at 8:52 pm

I have watched Eastwick, Mercy and now starting FlashForward.

Eastwick looks pretty great! Mind you, I am a tried and true Charmed fan, so Eastwick is up my alley!

Mercy - I am not too sure I am going to like this one. I don't particularly like the whole Iraq/extramarital affair premise... I might give it a few more episodes before I fully decide.

FlashForward - just starting it up right now! ;)

eta:
OMFG!!! FlashForward is brilliant!!! Joseph - ggggrrrrooowwwllllll. I am definitely going to be hooked to this one!
And did anyone else notice the billboard before the whole chase scene? It was promoting Oceanic Airlines! ;D 8)

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/26/09 at 2:52 am

Well, still to new to tell what I like alot but so far, I love Flashforward < or Lost 2 as I call it>
I also liked Eastwick... Super charming... reminds me of Stars hollow from Gilmore Girls... I like some of the characters... Hope they stay on long enough for me to see what makes the show tick... then again, if I like it, Its as good as cancelled!

Written By: ninny on 09/26/09 at 9:20 am

thanks Tam....

yeah Flashforward starts tonight. It repeats (tomorrow I think)

I wanted to watch that, but are local ABC showed the NY Yankees game, hope to catch it next week.

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 10:32 am

I have watched Eastwick, Mercy and now starting FlashForward.

Eastwick looks pretty great! Mind you, I am a tried and true Charmed fan, so Eastwick is up my alley!

Mercy - I am not too sure I am going to like this one. I don't particularly like the whole Iraq/extramarital affair premise... I might give it a few more episodes before I fully decide.

FlashForward - just starting it up right now! ;)

eta:
OMFG!!! FlashForward is brilliant!!! Joseph - ggggrrrrooowwwllllll. I am definitely going to be hooked to this one!
And did anyone else notice the billboard before the whole chase scene? It was promoting Oceanic Airlines! ;D 8)

oh that's an awesome spot!  Tam... I missed it but now I will go online and look for it.... Chuck (on NBC) referenced Lost in its pilot too.

I understand where you're coming from with Mercy- I can see where the mid east thing could rub you the wrong way.... Have you seen Nurse Jackie (on Showtime) Edie Falco plays a tough as nails nurse - she's more convincing than the blonde chic on Mercy... there is a bald gay nurse with attitude! and a naive young nurse who wears cutesy scrubs.... seriously... Its like the Nurse Jackie characters were transplanted into Mercy but the writing is way worse and the acting is not as good... I love Michelle Trachtenberg (cuz buffy) but she has nothing on the naive nurse on Nurse Jackie...hands down one of the best new characters of the year!  I highly recommend this show if you haven't seen it catch the reruns or wait for dvd!

I love Charmed too.... how come I didn't know that about you... the whole time I'm watching the opening I'm thinking that Lindsay Price totally reminds me of Phoebe!  Next thing you know I'll be screaming for LEO!!!!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 10:33 am

Well, still to new to tell what I like alot but so far, I love Flashforward < or Lost 2 as I call it>
I also liked Eastwick... Super charming... reminds me of Stars hollow from Gilmore Girls... I like some of the characters... Hope they stay on long enough for me to see what makes the show tick... then again, if I like it, Its as good as cancelled!

I was wondering as I watched it if it was shot at Warner Bros cuz the town looks like stars hollow.

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 10:34 am

I wanted to watch that, but are local ABC showed the NY Yankees game, hope to catch it next week.

here you go ninny... http://abc.go.com/watch/flashforward/235637/235587/no-more-good-days

Written By: ninny on 09/26/09 at 11:08 am

here you go ninny... http://abc.go.com/watch/flashforward/235637/235587/no-more-good-days

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 11:15 am

I figure its good if you watch it online because they starting to count online views as well.... and I don't want this show to get canceled.

Written By: Tam on 09/26/09 at 11:30 am

oh that's an awesome spot!  Tam... I missed it but now I will go online and look for it.... Chuck (on NBC) referenced Lost in its pilot too.

I understand where you're coming from with Mercy- I can see where the mid east thing could rub you the wrong way.... Have you seen Nurse Jackie (on Showtime) Edie Falco plays a tough as nails nurse - she's more convincing than the blonde chic on Mercy... there is a bald gay nurse with attitude! and a naive young nurse who wears cutesy scrubs.... seriously... Its like the Nurse Jackie characters were transplanted into Mercy but the writing is way worse and the acting is not as good... I love Michelle Trachtenberg (cuz buffy) but she has nothing on the naive nurse on Nurse Jackie...hands down one of the best new characters of the year!  I highly recommend this show if you haven't seen it catch the reruns or wait for dvd!

I just checked and Showtime on Demand has the entire season of Nurse Jackie - so I think I am going to check it out that way. ;)

I love Charmed too.... how come I didn't know that about you... the whole time I'm watching the opening I'm thinking that Lindsay Price totally reminds me of Phoebe!   Next thing you know I'll be screaming for LEO!!!!  ;D

Gah! I saw every single episode of every single season!
And I was so mad at the finale.

Cole... I love Cole... I don't care that he was evil! He tried everything to win Phoebe back, and I was rooting for him so hard! Hard - hahaha! And Leo... he makes me purrrrrrrrrrrr. When Chris entered the scene, I will admit that I couldn't stand him. Not until we found out what his real story line was, but even still he seemed to be a bad guy. Eventually he grew on me. The Son loves Alyssa Milano and so he watched only to see her I think! ;D And Rose McGowan - absolute hottie and I miss Paige!! Ah... if only the show were still on.

I think I am going to enjoy Eastwick for sure. And of course I plan on watching them on time or at least before 3 days after, because I want the ratings to keep the show on! Unlike my Lipstick Jungle - although it couldn't be on now since Lindsay is now on Eastwick... but you know. ;)

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 11:31 am

I just checked and Showtime on Demand has the entire season of Nurse Jackie - so I think I am going to check it out that way. ;)

Gah! I saw every single episode of every single season!
And I was so mad at the finale.

Cole... I love Cole... I don't care that he was evil! He tried everything to win Phoebe back, and I was rooting for him so hard! Hard - hahaha! And Leo... he makes me purrrrrrrrrrrr. When Chris entered the scene, I will admit that I couldn't stand him. Not until we found out what his real story line was, but even still he seemed to be a bad guy. Eventually he grew on me. The Son loves Alyssa Milano and so he watched only to see her I think! ;D And Rose McGowan - absolute hottie and I miss Paige!! Ah... if only the show were still on.

I think I am going to enjoy Eastwick for sure. And of course I plan on watching them on time or at least before 3 days after, because I want the ratings to keep the show on! Unlike my Lipstick Jungle - although it couldn't be on now since Lindsay is now on Eastwick... but you know. ;)

I'm so envious of that On Demand!!!!  :P   BTW dexter starts Sunday!!!

I know I was hoping Lifetime would pick up lipstick Jungle... but not now!  ;)

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/27/09 at 1:01 am

I was wondering as I watched it if it was shot at Warner Bros cuz the town looks like stars hollow.

It sure does look like Stars Hollow... Wonder if they can catch a cup of coffee at Lukes!?

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/27/09 at 4:21 am

I just watched the first episode of the Cleveland Show and it was hilarious! Of course you can't go wrong with Seth McFarlane's humor. At the same time, I think I might miss having Cleveland on Family Guy. The first few minutes of the pilot looked like a regular Family Guy episode since it had the Griffins, Joe, and Quagmire as Cleveland announces he is leaving Quohag.

Written By: Tam on 09/27/09 at 2:36 pm

I'm so envious of that On Demand!!!!  :P   BTW dexter starts Sunday!!!

I know I was hoping Lifetime would pick up lipstick Jungle... but not now!  ;)

I know right!
I have finished Nurse Jackie and I must say that I love this show!!! Now I have to wait until next summer!!! >:(

Dexter - I tried to watch but just cannot get into the dark side of it. 4 episodes and I was pretty much distracted in each of them. I guess it isn't my cup of tea. ;)

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/09 at 2:46 pm

I know right!
I have finished Nurse Jackie and I must say that I love this show!!! Now I have to wait until next summer!!! >:(

Dexter - I tried to watch but just cannot get into the dark side of it. 4 episodes and I was pretty much distracted in each of them. I guess it isn't my cup of tea. ;)

I'm glad you love Nurse Jackie.
I was hoping you'd love Dexter as much as I do. but oh well.

Written By: Tam on 09/27/09 at 2:56 pm

I'm glad you love Nurse Jackie.
I was hoping you'd love Dexter as much as I do. but oh well.

I honestly tried Girl. ;)

Ash is the same way with Sookie Stackhouse. She really wanted me to read the books, and I tried, but I just couldn't do it. However, I have watched both seasons of True Blood and absolutely enjoyed it - weird how that works huh?

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/09 at 2:58 pm

I honestly tried Girl. ;)

Ash is the same way with Sookie Stackhouse. She really wanted me to read the books, and I tried, but I just couldn't do it. However, I have watched both seasons of True Blood and absolutely enjoyed it - weird how that works huh?

that's alright I still love ya!  ;) 

my boss wants me to read the books too. Actually she told me a couple years ago she thought I should read them and get a script going about them....guess I missed that boat huh  ;D

Written By: Tam on 09/27/09 at 3:17 pm

that's alright I still love ya!  ;) 

my boss wants me to read the books too. Actually she told me a couple years ago she thought I should read them and get a script going about them....guess I missed that boat huh  ;D

Did you ever!!! Haha!
But somethings just aren't for everyone. ;) Like Twilight for example ;D ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/09 at 3:26 pm

Did you ever!!! Haha!
But somethings just aren't for everyone. ;) Like Twilight for example ;D ;D ;D

true... but at least I had the pleasure of experiencing twilight with my friends! I would have probably hated it watching it alone.  (maybe that's what you're missing with Dexter...clever insight from your buddy...  ;)

Written By: Tam on 09/27/09 at 3:30 pm

true... but at least I had the pleasure of experiencing twilight with my friends! I would have probably hated it watching it alone.  (maybe that's what you're missing with Dexter...clever insight from your buddy...  ;)

Hmm... good point.
Perhaps that is how I should try it ??? 8)

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/09 at 3:35 pm

Hmm... good point.
Perhaps that is how I should try it ??? 8)

maybe- it is a dark show but the characters are so good.

Like Dexter is a serial killer but he's somehow likable- I attribute that to the writing and Michael Hall's acting.
the sister is brash but still you want her to succeed
the LT is tough but fair
Dokes - well Dokes (hes the sgt) he's another issue altogether that I can't go into until season two
Rita is more than just a single mom/victim of an abusive husband

the show is just complex... anyway- its okay if you don't like it I won't hate you.... I'll call you crazy but I won't hate you.  ;)

Written By: Tam on 09/27/09 at 3:38 pm

maybe- it is a dark show but the characters are so good.

Like Dexter is a serial killer but he's somehow likable- I attribute that to the writing and Michael Hall's acting.
the sister is brash but still you want her to succeed
the LT is tough but fair
Dokes - well Dokes (hes the sgt) he's another issue altogether that I can't go into until season two
Rita is more than just a single mom/victim of an abusive husband

the show is just complex... anyway- its okay if you don't like it I won't hate you.... I'll call you crazy but I won't hate you.  ;)

Haha! It's all good - I can handle crazy!!! ;)

I will try it again just for you.

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/09 at 3:38 pm

Haha! It's all good - I can handle crazy!!! ;)

I will try it again just for you.

don't focus on the blood and the killing....watch the characters and listen to the story.  ;)

Written By: woops on 09/28/09 at 3:33 am

"Titan Maximus" on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim''  :D

Quite entertaining... pretty much "Voltron" or "Power Rangers"  meets "Robot Chicken"

Written By: Tam on 09/28/09 at 7:47 pm

don't focus on the blood and the killing....watch the characters and listen to the story.  ;)

w00t!!!

You will be happy to know that I have successfully completed the First Season of Dexter!!!

I must now say that I am ADDICTED!!!! ;D
So, yeah, after giving it a second try, I find that I thoroughly enjoy the show and I am going to commence watching the second season!!
Shocker though, I never in a million years predicted Rudy to be Dexter's older brother or that Dex would actually kill him! Brilliant!!! 8)

Written By: snozberries on 09/28/09 at 10:03 pm

w00t!!!

You will be happy to know that I have successfully completed the First Season of Dexter!!!

I must now say that I am ADDICTED!!!! ;D
So, yeah, after giving it a second try, I find that I thoroughly enjoy the show and I am going to commence watching the second season!!
Shocker though, I never in a million years predicted Rudy to be Dexter's older brother or that Dex would actually kill him! Brilliant!!! 8)

hard to believe but it just keeps getting better!  8)

Written By: Fairee07 on 09/29/09 at 6:56 pm

Other: 9...0...2...1...0

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/09 at 12:33 pm

Other: 9...0...2...1...0

90210 isn't new this season but Melrose place is.

Written By: snozberries on 10/03/09 at 11:47 am

Just watched Trauma....its like Third Watch meets CHiPs!  ;D

edited to add.... .and that's a good thing.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...