inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Flashforward (ABC)

Written By: snozberries on 09/25/09 at 10:17 am

I enjoyed the hell out of the pilot and am intrigued where the show is going to go.

Subject: Re: Flashforward (ABC)

Written By: Marian on 09/25/09 at 1:41 pm

I liked it too.

Written By: snozberries on 09/25/09 at 2:06 pm

they pretty much showed all the interesting places you could be during the blackout---- driving, flying, surfing, committing suicide, operating, (wonder if the patient who was knocked out experienced anything---assuming he survived the surgery) and having sex....

it would have been interesting to see a live studio audience at a talkshow react to the "blackout" but pretty much they covered it all. I still can't wait to see the story unfold.... can you change your future if its a shared experience with someone else?  if someone who, supposedly should be dead in 6months manages to survive how does that change the future.... basically is the future a set thing -  or will it be created because people make choices (trying to avoid that future) choices which ultimately lead to that future anyway.... oy it makes my head hurt.

Written By: statsqueen on 09/25/09 at 2:12 pm

they pretty much showed all the interesting places you could be during the blackout---- driving, flying, surfing, committing suicide, operating, (wonder if the patient who was knocked out experienced anything---assuming he survived the surgery) and having sex....

it would have been interesting to see a live studio audience at a talkshow react to the "blackout" but pretty much they covered it all. I still can't wait to see the story unfold.... can you change your future if its a shared experience with someone else?  if someone who, supposedly should be dead in 6months manages to survive how does that change the future.... basically is the future a set thing -  or will it be created because people make choices (trying to avoid that future) choices which ultimately lead to that future anyway.... oy it makes my head hurt.

:o    lol  That didn't do anything to help my headache, that's for sure!  ;D

Written By: Midas on 09/25/09 at 2:48 pm

I also enjoyed the pilot. :)  It will be interesting to see how they figure out the cause of the blackout/flashforward and why it happened.

Written By: Dagwood on 09/25/09 at 10:12 pm

I loved it.  I want to know what is up with the kangaroo, though.

Written By: Tam on 09/25/09 at 10:16 pm

I completely enjoyed the pilot!
Like I said in the other thread, I 'teehee'd' when I saw the billboard promoting Oceanic Airlines.

I am completely intrigued. I need to figure out who the one actor is though, because I recognized him immediately but can't place him at all. He didn't have a major role in the pilot, just a minor one but still.

I am pretty sure that I am going to be hooked!

eta:
I went to imdb and the actor isn't listed there!!! Gah!
I am sure he is from commercials - I don't think I have seen him in a movie or other tv show, but then again I could be completely wrong!!!
Q ! Help me! He is one of the FBI agents, cute as a button. Very young with short, almost black hair. I think he is in 2 scenes. He might've had 2 lines....

Written By: karen on 09/25/09 at 10:19 pm

cast list

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1441135/

I didn't know Jack Davenport was in it

Written By: Tam on 09/25/09 at 10:21 pm

cast list

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1441135/

I didn't know Jack Davenport was in it

Thanks Karen! I was updating while you were posting! ;D
But he isn't there! :(

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 10:49 am

I loved it.  I want to know what is up with the kangaroo, though.

that's what I was wondering!

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 10:51 am

I completely enjoyed the pilot!
Like I said in the other thread, I 'teehee'd' when I saw the billboard promoting Oceanic Airlines.

I am completely intrigued. I need to figure out who the one actor is though, because I recognized him immediately but can't place him at all. He didn't have a major role in the pilot, just a minor one but still.

I am pretty sure that I am going to be hooked!

eta:
I went to imdb and the actor isn't listed there!!! Gah!
I am sure he is from commercials - I don't think I have seen him in a movie or other tv show, but then again I could be completely wrong!!!
Q ! Help me! He is one of the FBI agents, cute as a button. Very young with short, almost black hair. I think he is in 2 scenes. He might've had 2 lines....

the black guy? Lee Thompson Young? The famous Jett Jackson... that guy? he also did a tostino's or some food wrap cheesy cuisine I don't eat.... and a McDonald's Commercial. 

Or was someone else?  maybe not him...  although I was very disappointed when I was at the MUSEUM OF TV AND RADIO and no one there was familiar with the Famous Jett Jackson. 

Written By: Tam on 09/26/09 at 11:16 am

the black guy? Lee Thompson Young? The famous Jett Jackson... that guy? he also did a tostino's or some food wrap cheesy cuisine I don't eat.... and a McDonald's Commercial. 

Or was someone else?  maybe not him...  although I was very disappointed when I was at the MUSEUM OF TV AND RADIO and no one there was familiar with the Famous Jett Jackson. 

No, he is a white guy. :-\\
I might go back through it and get his quotes - aargh!! It is bothering my beyond belief!!! ;D

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 11:22 am

No, he is a white guy. :-\\
I might go back through it and get his quotes - aargh!! It is bothering my beyond belief!!! ;D

please do... or if you can remember the specific scene... I am watching Househusbands of Hollywood right now but If I have time I will watch FF again today.

Written By: Tam on 09/26/09 at 11:31 am

please do... or if you can remember the specific scene... I am watching Househusbands of Hollywood right now but If I have time I will watch FF again today.

I willg o check it out right now. I don't think I will be able to give you the time count to the scene, but I will definitely give you the set up. ;)

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 11:33 am

I willg o check it out right now. I don't think I will be able to give you the time count to the scene, but I will definitely give you the set up. ;)

excellent.

Written By: Tam on 09/26/09 at 11:42 am

Ok, here is the set up...

The Dr. Olivia is splashed in the face by the cutting of the little boys chest in order to get him to breath... you hear "still not breathing..."
Scene cuts to FBI - Det. Benford, Wedeck and the cute white guy come walking around a corner. Wedeck is asking for explanations and cute guy says:

"Nasa is checking into more exotic...solar bursts..." etc.

I would say it is about 45 mins in, including commercials.

Good luck. I know his face, I just can't put where the heck I have seen him!!!

Written By: ninny on 09/26/09 at 11:43 am

I'm watching it now very exciting.I didn't really expect to see Seth McFarlane(Family Guy) that was cool.

Written By: Tam on 09/26/09 at 11:48 am

I'm watching it now very exciting.I didn't really expect to see Seth McFarlane(Family Guy) that was cool.

YOU JUST ANSWERED MY QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

It is totally Seth! I am a dweeb!!!
Thanks Girl! karma +1

Written By: ninny on 09/26/09 at 11:51 am

YOU JUST ANSWERED MY QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

It is totally Seth! I am a dweeb!!!
Thanks Girl! karma +1

I was wondering if that was who you were talking about. That's great. :)

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 11:57 am

excellent spot... I wasn't paying attention!

Written By: Tam on 09/26/09 at 11:58 am

I was wondering if that was who you were talking about. That's great. :)

For real!
You chimed in at the exact right time!
I was seriously going crazy trying to figure out who the heck the guy was and why I couldn't get his name out of my head or place him! I was so excited that you said it, that I immediately got on the phone and tried to call Q, but she didn't answer!! ;D ;D

Thank you for taking me out of my misery!!! 8)

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 12:01 pm

For real!
You chimed in at the exact right time!
I was seriously going crazy trying to figure out who the heck the guy was and why I couldn't get his name out of my head or place him! I was so excited that you said it, that I immediately got on the phone and tried to call Q, but she didn't answer!! ;D ;D

Thank you for taking me out of my misery!!! 8)

I was going to answer but the stupid officer on duty decided that that was when he wanted to pull over a vehicle LOL

Written By: Tam on 09/26/09 at 12:04 pm

I was going to answer but the stupid officer on duty decided that that was when he wanted to pull over a vehicle LOL

It's cool Girl. I didn't think about you being at work anyway... my bad!

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 12:06 pm

It's cool Girl. I didn't think about you being at work anyway... my bad!

well I can understand your confusion what with my announcement of my watching Househusbands of Hollywood right now!  ;D

Written By: Tam on 09/26/09 at 12:08 pm

well I can understand your confusion what with my announcement of my watching Househusbands of Hollywood right now!  ;D

Yeah, I did think you were at home! But I should know better, when you have access to the interwebs 24/7! ;D 8)

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 12:08 pm

Yeah, I did think you were at home! But I should know better, when you have access to the interwebs 24/7! ;D 8)

yeah but I should be working right now...  ;)

Written By: Tam on 09/26/09 at 12:12 pm

yeah but I should be working right now...  ;)

Well, I tried to help out by giving karma - but the stupid thing says I have to wait until the 24 hours is up! Dang it!!!

At any rate, the show is fantastic and I plan on watching every single episode. ;)

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/09 at 12:20 pm

Well, I tried to help out by giving karma - but the stupid thing says I have to wait until the 24 hours is up! Dang it!!!

At any rate, the show is fantastic and I plan on watching every single episode. ;)

me too...twice.. once on air and once online.  8)

Written By: statsqueen on 09/28/09 at 11:00 am

Which is how I got Q's text that was supposed to go to Tam  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 09/28/09 at 12:07 pm

Which is how I got Q's text that was supposed to go to Tam   ;D

yep... sorry tam I was cursing you for not answering me then I found out an hour or two later why you didn't!  ;D

Written By: Tam on 09/28/09 at 1:12 pm

Which is how I got Q's text that was supposed to go to Tam   ;D

yep... sorry tam I was cursing you for not answering me then I found out an hour or two later why you didn't!  ;D

Haha!
Q... you are famous for doing that! I got one from you that was supposed to go to someone else as well a while ago! ;)

Written By: statsqueen on 09/28/09 at 1:29 pm

Haha!
Q... you are famous for doing that! I got one from you that was supposed to go to someone else as well a while ago! ;)

lol  If I had known she was cursing you, I would have replied earlier!  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 09/28/09 at 10:07 pm

Haha!

yeah but that one I sent really early in the am... I couldn't be bothered to see who I was sending it too I was half asleep.  ;D

Written By: Tam on 10/01/09 at 10:00 pm

Watched tonight.
Some interesting information... but I won't say anything until everyone else has watched! 8)

Written By: Dagwood on 10/01/09 at 11:20 pm

Watched tonight.
Some interesting information... but I won't say anything until everyone else has watched! 8)

Definitely.  And it confirmed my suspicions from last week. 8)

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/09 at 1:40 am

so here are my questions...

and I admit I listened but didn't watch as closely as I should have....

1) why doesn't the father of the boy remember her?  figured this part out... but.....
                                                                                                        (what a tool why would she fall for some guy who can't be bothered to take an interest in his son)

2) is the agent's kid psychic or something? she seems to know too much.

3) did I miss the part where the agent (the korean guy) talks about what his fiance saw? I mean that would have confirmed his suspicions and obviously the chances are high that she'd be aware of what happens to him.

4) now that he has a date can he avoid his future or is it set.... hmmm what else.

how great (and freaky) was that scene about Courtney B. Vance flashforward?  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/09 at 1:43 am

Definitely.  And it confirmed my suspicions from last week. 8)

funny I just scanned all the posts and the only post I found from you was the mention of the kangaroo....what suspicions were confirmed?

Written By: Dagwood on 10/02/09 at 8:49 am

funny I just scanned all the posts and the only post I found from you was the mention of the kangaroo....what suspicions were confirmed?

I think the father of the autistic kid had something to do with the blackouts.  The lady doctor remembers him but he doesn't remember her.  She said he didn't see her, but he turned around enough to see his face.  I think he could have seen her.  I think he wasn't asleep so he didn't have a "memory".  My gut tells me he is the guy in the baseball stadium. 

I don't know about the little girl, but I really want to know what she saw. 

The call to the Korean guy at the end about his murder made no sense.  I could have sworn last week that he talked to his fiancee last week and she said she saw him in her vision, it was at their wedding. 

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/09 at 10:43 am

I think the father of the autistic kid had something to do with the blackouts.  The lady doctor remembers him but he doesn't remember her.  She said he didn't see her, but he turned around enough to see his face.  I think he could have seen her.  I think he wasn't asleep so he didn't have a "memory".  My gut tells me he is the guy in the baseball stadium. 

I don't know about the little girl, but I really want to know what she saw. 

The call to the Korean guy at the end about his murder made no sense.  I could have sworn last week that he talked to his fiancee last week and she said she saw him in her vision, it was at their wedding. 

maybe the fiance lied to him. But I don't remember that conversation...

good catch on the father of the boy. That totally makes sense and explains his douchebaggery.  ;D

yeah I'm sort of dying to know what the girl saw too.. actually what both kids saw since the boy knew the doctor as they were wheeling him in and since the girl seems really attached to the boy....

Written By: Dagwood on 10/02/09 at 3:01 pm

maybe the fiance lied to him. But I don't remember that conversation...

It was a quick convo in the first episode.  I think he was on the phone with her.  He asked what she saw and she said their wedding and she saw him.  It is possible she lied....

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/09 at 5:04 pm

It was a quick convo in the first episode.  I think he was on the phone with her.  He asked what she saw and she said their wedding and she saw him.  It is possible she lied....

I think, since the flash forward events take place at 10 at night she had to be lying...who gets married at 10pm (1030 at night?)

Written By: karen on 10/02/09 at 5:53 pm

I think, since the flash forward events take place at 10 at night she had to be lying...who gets married at 10pm (1030 at night?)

Depends where she was getting married.  It was 10 in the morning somewhere in the world!  ;)

Written By: Tam on 10/02/09 at 6:16 pm

I played through the show again with super fast forward on. The scene is at the end where they show scenes for the upcoming episodes. Gabrielle Union plays his fiance. He asks her what she saw and she said "Our Wedding" and he asks "Was I there?" and she said "Yes".

So it wasn't an actual scene, we don't know if it is going to be an actual sequence, or if it could be Noh's dream, or if it could be for something else.

They left if very cryptic for us. ;) 8)

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/09 at 6:38 pm

Depends where she was getting married.  It was 10 in the morning somewhere in the world!  ;)

touche!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/09 at 6:40 pm

I played through the show again with super fast forward on. The scene is at the end where they show scenes for the upcoming episodes. Gabrielle Union plays his fiance. He asks her what she saw and she said "Our Wedding" and he asks "Was I there?" and she said "Yes".

So it wasn't an actual scene, we don't know if it is going to be an actual sequence, or if it could be Noh's dream, or if it could be for something else.

They left if very cryptic for us. ;) 8)

oh good I didn't miss it then I never watch upcoming scenes!  :)

and I FREAKIN' LOVE GABRIELLE UNION!!!!

Written By: Tam on 10/09/09 at 7:46 pm

If you haven't watched this weeks episode, please do not read any further! ;)

So, it was full of a lot of information and no information at all.
Gabrielle's vision... she said it was their wedding, but I think it was a memorial for Det. Noh.
Introduction of a few new charaters as well.

Anyway, I am going to do some speculating here. My first theory was that the blackouts were in conjunction with either Locke time travelling or Benjamin time travelling. Ties to Lost right? I mean, they already showed the Oceanic billboard, and in this episode they were flying on Oceanic... then at the end of the episode where they find out the crow population took a nose dive in 1991 - could be tied as well, whent he hatch blew up or other incident. Now it would have to be only a minor incident for it to only happen in Somalia... whereas if they blow up The Orchid with an A-Bomb... that could affect the entire world. But then again, I could just be going off in the cmpletely wrong direction :D

As for the guy's daughter and her remains testing positive to be her... I wonder if they only tested part of the ruins? If the daughter say, lost and arm, or a leg, then yes, the remains will test positive, but that does not mean that she is actually dead. What they found of her might only be an arm or a leg... doesn't mean she is in fact dead!

Anyway, the episode was great of course. 8)
I am loving this show!!!

Written By: snozberries on 10/10/09 at 4:02 pm

If you haven't watched this weeks episode, please do not read any further! ;)

So, it was full of a lot of information and no information at all.
Gabrielle's vision... she said it was their wedding, but I think it was a memorial for Det. Noh.
Introduction of a few new charaters as well.

Anyway, I am going to do some speculating here. My first theory was that the blackouts were in conjunction with either Locke time travelling or Benjamin time travelling. Ties to Lost right? I mean, they already showed the Oceanic billboard, and in this episode they were flying on Oceanic... then at the end of the episode where they find out the crow population took a nose dive in 1991 - could be tied as well, whent he hatch blew up or other incident. Now it would have to be only a minor incident for it to only happen in Somalia... whereas if they blow up The Orchid with an A-Bomb... that could affect the entire world. But then again, I could just be going off in the cmpletely wrong direction :D

As for the guy's daughter and her remains testing positive to be her... I wonder if they only tested part of the ruins? If the daughter say, lost and arm, or a leg, then yes, the remains will test positive, but that does not mean that she is actually dead. What they found of her might only be an arm or a leg... doesn't mean she is in fact dead!

Anyway, the episode was great of course. 8)
I am loving this show!!!

wow tam you've been doing some deep thinking on this!  ;D 

I like the OCeanic references but I hope FF isn't tied so closely to Lost that the blackouts are linked to something going on on the island.

Heroes did something like this.. in season one Hiro was in Vegas and went to a casino there called the Montecito this is (was) the casino featured in the other NBC show Las Vegas  but they didn't make the connection any deeper than that. 

Lost is hard enough to follow- with out having to worry about cross over eps now too...

plus... Penelope (from Lost) plays the doctor- so if things are that closely related they are gonna have some fast talking to do to explain that one away.  ;) 

Written By: Tam on 10/10/09 at 8:49 pm

wow tam you've been doing some deep thinking on this!  ;D 

I like the OCeanic references but I hope FF isn't tied so closely to Lost that the blackouts are linked to something going on on the island.

Heroes did something like this.. in season one Hiro was in Vegas and went to a casino there called the Montecito this is (was) the casino featured in the other NBC show Las Vegas  but they didn't make the connection any deeper than that. 

Lost is hard enough to follow- with out having to worry about cross over eps now too...

plus... Penelope (from Lost) plays the doctor- so if things are that closely related they are gonna have some fast talking to do to explain that one away.  ;) 

That's true about Penelope... and Charlie is going to appear on FlashForward as well. (Hopefully not as Charlie though) ;)

Ya, it was just some deep thoughts at that moment. I hope it isn't closely linked as well. 8)

Written By: snozberries on 10/24/09 at 4:22 pm

so now I'm wondering if Gabrielle Union dies too... because she seemed unsure about the whole wedding thing...

He's all what did you see? her us at the wedding

Her why what did you see? him  oh I saw us at the wedding too.... .then there was that look on her face.

Written By: snozberries on 10/24/09 at 4:23 pm

Just watched the ep from two weeks ago- How awesome was that bus crash and that shot of all the crap going on in the city and the skyline...

LOVED IT!

Written By: Tam on 11/01/09 at 12:07 pm

The Son and I caught up the last two weeks last night.
It is getting better and better, although some of the stuff tends to be a little far fetched...

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/09 at 2:09 pm

all caught up....

this is gonna be one of those shows- if it stays on for its full run- that you're gonna have to go back and watch from the beginning once you know how it ends.  ;D

Written By: Midas on 12/04/09 at 8:56 am

Not back until MARCH?!?!? :o

Last night's episode was pretty good.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/04/09 at 9:35 am

Not back until MARCH?!?!? :o

Last night's episode was pretty good.

Sounds like they are doing what V did...waiting until after the Olympics. 

Check for new replies or respond here...