inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Amazing Race 15 *SPOILER* Don't read if you haven't watched

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/09 at 8:06 pm

First impressions:

Brian and Ericka, married 2 yrs from Nashville. I like them they make a cute couple

Lance and Carrie, engaged Salem Mass.... I don't like him he seems abrupt. Attny or not he annoys me already

Maria and Tiffany prof. Poker players... after watching Annie Duke on Celeb apprentice  I wonder what schemes these two bring to the table

Zev and Justin, BFFs from LA. one has asberger syndrome...oh this'll be fun  ::)

Mika and Kanan newly dating from Tennesse.  Christians couple... I hate when the christians pray to win like its all god has to focus on  ::)

Flight time and Big Easy- Harlem Globetrotter team mates.  AWESOME!!!!

Sam and Dan... brothers from Missouri. both christian both gay...that's cool

Gary and Matt- father and son. Farmers from somewhere.... no impression just bored

Eric and Lisa married yoga teachers... Eric is a tool  he can leave right now

Garrett and Jessica dating on and off from Nor Cal... they are gonna break up during this race  ;D

Marcy and Ron dating from San Fran. Met on internet. they seem like a fun couple. I like em.

Megan and Cheyne (shane) dating from San Diego. They met in kindergarten  8-P  they are tooo  8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P

that's it that's my synopsis on first meet without any other info.

Subject: Re: Amazing Race 15

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/09 at 8:07 pm

based on this I am down with

Brian and Ericka
Marcy and Ron
or the Globe trotters.  :)

oh I like Sam and Dan too.

Subject: Re: Amazing Race 15

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/09 at 8:08 pm

Oh crap...what a twist! someone is being eliminated at the starting line... I will not give it away now...  for those of you in the west coast.  :)

Subject: Re: Amazing Race 15 *SPOILER* Don't read if you haven't watched

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/09 at 8:34 pm

Oh crap...what a twist! someone is being eliminated at the starting line... I will not give it away now...  for those of you in the west coast.  :)

screw it I can't wait... gonna make 15 posts so my spoilers are on the second page....  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/09 at 8:36 pm

why are they showing a scene from the NBC show Southland at the start of the CBS show Amazing Race  ::)

Phil opens talking about how the La river is a spot where famous films have been filmed...like the race in Greece...then they show two police cars in a chase...one of the other....

anyway- I remember that from Southland. Very clearly identified it as a scene from the last ep of Southland last season.  love that show!

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/09 at 8:37 pm

I don't get the appeal of Japanese game shows... they're just strange...

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/09 at 8:37 pm

Ooh...eating a Wasabe bomb? I couldn't do it...wassabe is too hot for me!  :o

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/09 at 8:38 pm

that one chick- one of the poker ones had to do it two times in a row  :o :o :o

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/09 at 8:39 pm

screw it I can't wait... gonna make 15 posts so my spoilers are on the second page....  ;)

changed my mind again  can't wait for 15 posts... you have had enough warning...  :)

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/09 at 8:40 pm

First impressions:

Eric and Lisa married yoga teachers... Eric is a tool  he can leave right now

when I wrote the above... I had no idea about the early elimination but you can imagine that I was pleased with the outcome!!!

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/09 at 8:48 pm

oh noes....my favorite team is last- I want the annoying couple to get lost so my team isnt last...  this is the break up couple

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/09 at 8:49 pm

bummer they made it...

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/09 at 8:53 pm

whew....non elimination round with the poker chicks getting a two hour penalty for not getting all 20 peeps across the finish line...

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/09 at 8:55 pm

whew....non elimination round with the poker chicks getting a two hour penalty for not getting all 20 peeps across the finish line...

crap I was so busy typing I missed my couple crossing the finish line--- they were last in the challenge but came in 6th in the race....THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/09 at 8:55 pm

I love this show!!!

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/09 at 10:05 pm

damn that was a close finish. glad it worked out in my favor!!!  YAY!

Written By: Dagwood on 09/29/09 at 6:17 pm

I love this show, too.  I am so rooting for the Globetrotters.  I would have loved for the yoga teachers to have stayed just to see how they would have handled the sushi.  Or even better, further on down the line in a gross food roadblock.  I'm evil like that.

Written By: snozberries on 09/29/09 at 11:47 pm

I love this show, too.  I am so rooting for the Globetrotters.  I would have loved for the yoga teachers to have stayed just to see how they would have handled the sushi.  Or even better, further on down the line in a gross food roadblock.  I'm evil like that.

I suspect they could've handled the wasabi. Maybe a meat challenge tho that wouldVe been fun.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 09/30/09 at 1:20 am

Go Sam & Dan and Zev and whoever his partner is. . .though I also like the interacial couple and the Globetrotters. . .

Written By: Dagwood on 09/30/09 at 9:25 am

Go Sam & Dan and Zev and whoever his partner is. . .though I also like the interacial couple and the Globetrotters. . .

I forgot about Zev and Justin.  I would love to see them go far, too.  So far Zev seems to be doing pretty well.  It is a good thing he has Justin, I think if he does have a problem Justin will be able to calm him down.  And, heck, who doesn't love the Duck Whisperer? ;D

Written By: Below Average Dave on 09/30/09 at 11:48 am

I forgot about Zev and Justin.  I would love to see them go far, too.  So far Zev seems to be doing pretty well.  It is a good thing he has Justin, I think if he does have a problem Justin will be able to calm him down.  And, heck, who doesn't love the Duck Whisperer? ;D

Yeah, he had me when he gave that Vietnamese guy the jacket off his back, that was just really cool. . .he also seems genuinely funny and Justin adds good balance.

Sam & Dan are unique as two brothers who are both Christian and gay, just not something you see often, and they just seem like they are having a lot of fun.

The girl in the interracial couple is funny. . .so many quotes from her "Shake a duck feather", "You know what I'm having for dinner tonight" (as she looks at the last duck she's trying to get in on her third try) and she and her lover are fighters. . .then of course the Globetrotters who are funny, witty and just all around entertaining.

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/09 at 12:05 pm

yeah its a pretty good group. I bet if Erica did eat duck that night that it was the best duck she ever tasted  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/09 at 8:12 pm

aw I kinda fell sorry for what's his name and his friend.... that's a hell of a way to go out...

But what's up with CBS giving us the ending in the promos I mean had the found the passport and continued on that would have been okay but to set up the teaser with no surprise ending? that sux!

Oh and What the Hell....so Jackie O is a Cambodian Princess? that's just shameful!

Written By: Dagwood on 10/13/09 at 10:19 pm

That ending sucked the big one.  I was rooting for Zev and Justin.  Guess it is just the Globetrotters for me now.

Written By: snozberries on 10/19/09 at 10:31 pm

Ding Dong the ass is gone!!!!  8)  I was sooooooo happpy with this weeks ending I wanted to watch it again.  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 10/20/09 at 6:13 pm

Ding Dong the ass is gone!!!!  8)  I was sooooooo happpy with this weeks ending I wanted to watch it again.  ;D

I totally missed it because it was pre-empted for football.  I am glad they are gone, though. 

Written By: snozberries on 10/20/09 at 10:16 pm

I totally missed it because it was pre-empted for football.  I am glad they are gone, though. 

I was smart enough to hit my DVR for an hour over

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/21/09 at 2:08 pm

That ending sucked the big one.  I was rooting for Zev and Justin.  Guess it is just the Globetrotters for me now.

I was SO sad to see Zev and Justin go - they were definitely one of my favorites. 

Yeah, he had me when he gave that Vietnamese guy the jacket off his back, that was just really cool. . .

I couldn't agree more.  That was so cool!

I am all in for the Globetrotters now.  Not only is it their team name, it's literally true!

The last 15 minutes were cut off from our recording, but we were SO happy to hear they went home.  That guy was SUCH a jerk!

Written By: snozberries on 10/21/09 at 2:29 pm

I was SO sad to see Zev and Justin go - they were definitely one of my favorites. 

I couldn't agree more.  That was so cool!

I am all in for the Globetrotters now.  Not only is it their team name, it's literally true!

The last 15 minutes were cut off from our recording, but we were SO happy to hear they went home.  That guy was SUCH a jerk!

My top three are the globetrotters, the brothers and the interracial couple cuz they crack me up!  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/21/09 at 2:41 pm

I'm starting to like Malibu Barbie and Ken too.  I think they seem like pretty nice people.

Written By: snozberries on 10/21/09 at 2:45 pm

I'm starting to like Malibu Barbie and Ken too.  I think they seem like pretty nice people.

I was afraid they were going to be like that one family (the religious family who prayed for wins) they aren't so I like them too..  :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/21/09 at 2:47 pm

I was afraid they were going to be like that one family (the religious family who prayed for wins) they aren't so I like them too..   :)

Oh, not the people from Nashville.  The singers?  I can't stand them!  They are so rude!  The guy was totally yelling at the cab driver in Dubai for not understanding English.  Why on earth should he know English?  You are in HIS country!  That was such crap. 

I mean the couple from San Diego.  That did the race car thing.  I like them. 

Written By: snozberries on 10/21/09 at 2:50 pm

Oh, not the people from Nashville.  The singers?  I can't stand them!  They are so rude!  The guy was totally yelling at the cab driver in Dubai for not understanding English.  Why on earth should he know English?  You are in HIS country!  That was such crap. 

I mean the couple from San Diego.  That did the race car thing.  I like them. 

naw there are two religious couples... I'm thinking of the abstinence couple... the dude with the bandana on his head Cheyne not Canaan.  I dislike Canaan and would like to see him go next...

Written By: snozberries on 10/21/09 at 2:55 pm

these guys
http://wwwimage.cbs.com/cms/files/images/primetime/amazing_race/15/bios/meghan_cheyne.jpg

not these guys
http://wwwimage.cbs.com/cms/files/images/primetime/amazing_race/15/bios/mika_canaan.jpg

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/21/09 at 2:59 pm

naw there are two religious couples... I'm thinking of the abstinence couple... the dude with the bandana on his head Cheyne not Canaan.  I dislike Canaan and would like to see him go next...

I thought the Nashville couple were the abstinence couple.  No? They are the bottom picture?  Mika and Cannan.  I don't like them. 

I consider the people in the top picture - both in the blue shirts - to be Barbie and Ken. 

Written By: snozberries on 10/21/09 at 3:03 pm

I thought the Nashville couple were the abstinence couple.  No? They are the bottom picture?  Mika and Cannan.  I don't like them. 

I consider the people in the top picture - both in the blue shirts - to be Barbie and Ken. 

Mika and Canaan could be the abstinece couple- I wasn't paying much attention that day- but I remember on the first ep both couples id'd themselves as religious....

anyway- I was on the same page as you I knew you were talking about Cheyne and whatshername when you said barbie and ken.

I'm sick of these cookie cutter couples tho.. I mean- except for personality they really could pass for one another.  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/21/09 at 3:10 pm

Mika and Canaan could be the abstinece couple- I wasn't paying much attention that day- but I remember on the first ep both couples id'd themselves as religious....

anyway- I was on the same page as you I knew you were talking about Cheyne and whatshername when you said barbie and ken.

I'm sick of these cookie cutter couples tho.. I mean- except for personality they really could pass for one another.   ;D

I couldn't agree more!  I always root for people who are different.

Written By: snozberries on 10/21/09 at 3:17 pm

I couldn't agree more!  I always root for people who are different.

sooooo that's why you like me!  ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/24/09 at 5:47 pm

sooooo that's why you like me!  ;)

One of many reasons.

Written By: snozberries on 10/24/09 at 5:48 pm

One of many reasons.

better late than never  ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/25/09 at 5:13 pm

better late than never  ;)

That should be stamped on my forehead!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/25/09 at 5:29 pm

That should be stamped on my forehead!   ;D

okay!  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/25/09 at 5:33 pm

okay!  ;D

Only 2.5 more hours until the next installment.  (3.5 for you.) 

Written By: snozberries on 10/25/09 at 5:35 pm

Only 2.5 more hours until the next installment.  (3.5 for you.) 

actually I get it at 5 pm because I have east coast CBS but I have to wait because I'm not off duty until 530 so I'll watch it at 6.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/25/09 at 5:56 pm

actually I get it at 5 pm because I have east coast CBS but I have to wait because I'm not off duty until 530 so I'll watch it at 6.

:P

Written By: snozberries on 11/03/09 at 8:55 pm

Damn, I actually felt sorry for the poker gals... what the hell... I could have smashed the hell out of that bell thing but I would never been able to eat the herring..

Loved, loved, loved the Globetrotters this week!!!! LOVED THEM!!! My mom said Erika was getting on her nerves but I still like them both.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/15/09 at 9:09 pm

Loved, loved, loved the Globetrotters this week!!!! LOVED THEM!!!

I was just CRYING with laughter while I was watching them run around in the traditional Dutch clothing.  Actually the white hats looked hilarious on everyone, but those two were definitely the funniest.  When they were joking about turning the dance into Soul Train?  Classic!  They way they both just embraced the tasks and their happy attitude was intoxicating.  They are definitely my favorites.  :D

Written By: snozberries on 11/16/09 at 10:50 am

Are you a candle-leh-bra?
;D

sorry but that was just funny.
I was sorry to see them go tho- I really want the young couple (cheyne and what's her name) to go

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/20/09 at 4:41 pm

Are you a candle-leh-bra?
;D

sorry but that was just funny.
I was sorry to see them go tho- I really want the young couple (cheyne and what's her name) to go

I was really sad too.  They were genuinely nice people.

I am all about the Trotters now.  I don't really care about anyone else. 

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/09 at 11:52 am

I was really sad too.  They were genuinely nice people.

I am all about the Trotters now.  I don't really care about anyone else. 

hee hee....looks like another good one tonight! I'm so sad its almost over!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/22/09 at 2:57 pm

hee hee....looks like another good one tonight! I'm so sad its almost over!

Me too.  It's one of the only shows that I consistently watch on the night it's on.  Most shows pile up on my DVR but that one never does. 

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/09 at 3:08 pm

Me too.  It's one of the only shows that I consistently watch on the night it's on.  Most shows pile up on my DVR but that one never does. 

me too...in the hotel last sunday I didn't even mind that I was watching in real time and couldn't fast forward commercials or pause to go to the bathroom..yep I held it for an hour because I didn't want to miss a thing!  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/22/09 at 3:09 pm

me too...in the hotel last sunday I didn't even mind that I was watching in real time and couldn't fast forward commercials or pause to go to the bathroom..yep I held it for an hour because I didn't want to miss a thing!  ;D

That is true dedication.  And I'm not being sarcastic!!!

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/09 at 3:10 pm

That is true dedication.  And I'm not being sarcastic!!!

I know you aren't and it is... it was a really good week.

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/09 at 8:35 pm

Man! That was tense!!!! so glad its not an elimination round and I am so ready for the bickering bitch brothers to go home.... or Cheyne and Meghan

Written By: Dagwood on 11/22/09 at 8:37 pm

No kidding.  I loved the heck out of the Opera Man, though.  When Cheyne brought that first instrument and his reaction was "Ah ha ha ha ha...No!" ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/09 at 8:48 pm

No kidding.  I loved the heck out of the Opera Man, though.  When Cheyne brought that first instrument and his reaction was "Ah ha ha ha ha...No!" ;D

and how he was eating that sandwich while Erika was looking  ;D

Written By: karen on 11/23/09 at 8:01 am

I thought the brothers were going to start using those oars as weapons!

Written By: Dagwood on 11/23/09 at 9:23 am

That would have been funny.  I think it serves them right....they were all cocky about how easy it would be for them to do that challenge then they couldn't.

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/09 at 11:58 am

;D

now that would have been really good TV!!!

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/09 at 12:01 pm

That would have been funny.  I think it serves them right....they were all cocky about how easy it would be for them to do that challenge then they couldn't.

Wish  they'd tried just one more attempt!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/24/09 at 11:32 am

I couldn't believe they didn't man up after stealing the cab.  If you have the cojones to steal it, at least look Erika and (I can't remember the husbands name) in the face afterwards.  Sooooo lame.

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/09 at 1:42 pm

I couldn't believe they didn't man up after stealing the cab.  If you have the cojones to steal it, at least look Erika and (I can't remember the husbands name) in the face afterwards.  Sooooo lame.

Brian... she yells it about as much as meghan yells Cheyne  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/26/09 at 12:41 am

Brian... she yells it about as much as meghan yells Cheyne  ;D

I don't know...Meghan might have her beaten on that front... ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/09 at 9:43 am

I don't know...Meghan might have her beaten on that front... ;D

Okay.. Meghan wins that one two... Ericka comes in a close second tho  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/02/09 at 12:48 am

Already had this convo with Ash via text but...

DAMN!!!!! I hate that the Globetrotters are out... I was really hoping they'd pull it off.

I hate, detest and despise the brothers Sam and Dan... they are evil and should have not gotten their Gullam approved by the rabbi... it had a broken arm for craps sake... that still wouldn't have saved the trots but maybe Bryan and Erika could've pulled ahead.

hmmmm

NRZAF

how many possible combos could it be... assuming you believe the brother when he tells you it starts with F... (amazing he didn't lie about that)

FNRZA
FNRAZ
FNZRA
FNAZR
FNARZ
FARNZ
FANZR
FANRZ
FZARN
FZANR
FZNRA
FZNAR
FZRAN

you get the point....

eventually he would've stumbled upon FRANZ...  ::)  and Ash is right, it wouldn't have taken him (we hope) four hours to do so...

Gotta say- between this and the watch challenge a few eps back its screams that our public school system sucks more than we could ever imagine.

Written By: snozberries on 12/06/09 at 11:45 pm

great episode!  very intense.  not really happy with the outcome but very happy the brothers didn't win!!!

Written By: Dagwood on 12/06/09 at 11:52 pm

They were the two out of the final three I wanted to win.  I was totally rooting for the Globetrotters, though.

Kudos to the three that did the rapelling off of Mandalay Bay face first.  That type of challenge is the reason I could never do the Amazing Race.  :o

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/10/09 at 1:23 pm

great episode!  very intense.  not really happy with the outcome but very happy the brothers didn't win!!!

I agree with everything.

I'm fine with those guys winning though.  They did a good job.  Erika's meltdown at the Cirque du Soleil (sp?) kinda did her in for me.  She is so bratty!

Check for new replies or respond here...