inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Family Guy" season opener "Road to Multiverse"

Written By: woops on 09/28/09 at 3:47 am

Besides Seth McFarlane's political views (a bit hypocritical...all I'll say) and the mean spirited anti-Meg jokes, it's actually one of the best season openers I've seen and much better than that "Star Wars" parody from a few seasons back.

Liked how they changed animation styles and also liked the parodies of "Robot Chicken", "Disney" (Ironically, the female chef from Disney Pixar's "Rataouille" looks like an older Meg...though on the episode she's half octopus like Ursula from "Little Mermaid") with the pie song & full animation, flash animation, the ice age universe  (good thing Brian wagged his tail rather than using flatulence), and also where dogs owns humans as pets (sounds familiar, but don't remember the referance...).

Only seen a few episodes and this and the Lauren Conrad episode are probably the best I've seen.

Subject: Re: "Family Guy" season opener "Road to Multiverse"

Written By: ninny on 09/28/09 at 8:29 am

Besides Seth McFarlane's political views (a bit hypocritical...all I'll say) and the mean spirited anti-Meg jokes, it's actually one of the best season openers I've seen and much better than that "Star Wars" parody from a few seasons back.

Liked how they changed animation styles and also liked the parodies of "Robot Chicken", "Disney" (Ironically, the female chef from Disney Pixar's "Rataouille" looks like an older Meg...though on the episode she's half octopus like Ursula from "Little Mermaid") with the pie song & full animation, flash animation, the ice age universe  (good thing Brian wagged his tail rather than using flatulence), and also where dogs owns humans as pets (sounds familiar, but don't remember the referance...).

Only seen a few episodes and this and the Lauren Conrad episode are probably the best I've seen.

I liked it. I thought hey finally Meg is hot only to find out she still is the ugliest one on that universe

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/29/09 at 11:33 pm

Thirded.  Star Wars, followed closely by the WW2 Episode, and then by the one about the certain ornithological phenomenon... but the Multiverse beat 'em all hands-down.  Pure win.  They've finally gone from just doing whatever the manatees tell them, and are delivering a superb blend of satire, surrealism, and shock. 

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/30/09 at 3:56 pm

I liked it! It seems that it's a better improvement than last year.

But can someone explain to me what's with Seth McFarlene and Disney since that was another time he's slandered Disney for being anti-Semite?

Written By: Marian on 10/01/09 at 12:39 pm

I liked it. I thought hey finally Meg is hot only to find out she still is the ugliest one on that universe
I thought she was just one of the "uglier" ones,not the ugliest.

Written By: woops on 10/01/09 at 4:16 pm

I somewhat relate to Meg since I was (still am) a social outsider who doesn't really fit anywhere and was constantly bullied as a teenager (looked as inner-city scum by teachers  :P ) with no real friends (things I don't want to talk about here, but will admit that I lack social skills).

Though "Family Guy" is funny, I feel as it relies too much on shock value and mean-spirited "humor".

Written By: 80sfan on 10/01/09 at 6:48 pm

I somewhat relate to Meg since I was (still am) a social outsider who doesn't really fit anywhere and was constantly bullied as a teenager (looked as inner-city scum by teachers  :P ) with no real friends (things I don't want to talk about here, but will admit that I lack social skills).

Though "Family Guy" is funny, I feel as it relies too much on shock value and mean-spirited "humor".

Hope you find your place in this world, 1 karamel.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/01/09 at 7:33 pm

I'm sure I'll see it on re-run.  I'm a big fan of the show.

I always found Meg the most likable character, though I identify more with Brian.  Meg is a normal insecure teenager surrounded by idiots and sadists.  Often this happens in dysfunctional families.  The one who would be okay under better circumstances is driven to grief by the other assholes! 

It happened to me, actually
;)

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/05/09 at 2:19 am

Tonites eppy was bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
I mean, Lois on the cross! YIKES!

Written By: ninny on 10/08/09 at 6:53 am

I thought she was just one of the "uglier" ones,not the ugliest.

I must of heard wrong.

Check for new replies or respond here...