inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Price Marker

Written By: Spirit of 76 on 10/05/09 at 1:32 am

Post Removed

Subject: Re: Inflation Tracker

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/06/09 at 4:30 pm

Bus Fare has inflated over the past few years. Sure, I have a Drivers License...but I have no car. Look how much I had to pay to ride the bus the past three years....

2006-$.60
2007-$.75
2008-$.85
2009-$1.00

And that's on a Disabled/Senior Pass.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/06/09 at 4:42 pm

I bought a sheet of 4' x 8' x 3/4" plywood today for $18.97 a sheet.  Same sheet at same store cost me $21.99 four years ago.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/07/09 at 6:27 am

For those who missed it, our economy collapsed a year ago.  We woke up one morning and our money wasn't any good anymore.  You can go before that, though.  Instead of doing what the Argentinians did in the 70's, when everyone woke up and they were told that the value of the money they had was half of what it was the night before(like a dollar bill being worth only $.50), they are slowly escalating prices to reflect the worth of the dollar.  The "incursion" into Iraq is a big part of the problem. The funding for Iraq was "monies outside of the budget", in other words money we didn't have, so they printed and minted fake stuff to use here while sending the real stuff over there. Check out the nickel, pennies, and quarters, that were being minted after our entry into Iraq.  It is monopoly money.  
The recession is not over, and won't be for a long time. The monetary chaos which the bush administration ushered us into is going to take decades to undo.

Oh, and about the oil, well, that just about says it all.

I bought a sheet of 4' x 8' x 3/4" plywood today for $18.97 a sheet.  Same sheet at same store cost me $21.99 four years ago.

That is because they are probably near out of business and selling just to unload.  We are doing some major repairs to my house and the lumber yards are in deep dung because there isn't any construction going on.  They are bursting with inventory, none of it going out.

Check for new replies or respond here...