inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Spike.com's 20 Worst Bands/Artists of the 2000's

Written By: woops on 10/07/09 at 11:40 am

Spike.com's 20 Worst Artists of the past decade

There were so many crappy bands and artists to emerge in the last 10 years that it’s hard even to keep count. From watered-down pop to soulless rock, we're proud to bring you the 20 worst artists of the decade! Get ready to cover your ears, people

Too many glaring omissions from Ja Rule, Fallout Boy, Lady GaGa, Gym Class Heroes, Nelly, My Chemical Romance, Lil' Jon, Miley Cyrus, Regina Specktor, Slipknot, etc.

Honestly, Black Eyed Peas has a few decent songs, though their recent are pretty much... blech with the autotune

Madonna and U2 were much better in the 1980's to early '90's

20. Kid Rock

19. Brooke Hogan

18. Britney Spears

17. Jonas Brothers

16. Madonna

15. Baha Men

14. U2

13. The Pussycat Dolls

12. Good Charlotte

11. Tokio Hotel

10. T-Pain

9. James Blunt

8. Paris Hilton

7. Nickelback

6. Black Eyed Peas

5. Limp Bizkit

4. Creed

3. Akon

2. Ashlee Simpson

1. Soulja Boy Tell 'Em

Subject: Re: Spike.com's 20 Worst Bands/Artists of the 2000's

Written By: woops on 10/07/09 at 12:33 pm

How can they forget Coldplay  ::)

Written By: Tam on 10/07/09 at 2:14 pm

Well, obviously the guy who wrote the article has personal issues with each of the bands. He should have actually said "My 20 worst bands of the 2000's" instead of Spike.com's! The main problem with even doing a chart like this is that everybody has their own opinion of music, their own favorites, and it doesn't matter if they don't measure up during this decade... they made their followers in previous decades.

I will agree with a few of the choices, but definitely not all of them!

Written By: whistledog on 10/07/09 at 9:33 pm

11 - Tokio Hotel.  Spike is probably just angry that they never had a hit in the States LOL

Alot of these TV networks and magazines, etc know f*ck all about music and often will rate good bands bad and vice versa.  It all boils down to personal opinion.  What one person may hate, might be loved by someone else.

It's like that Maxim list that voted 'We Built This City' by Starship the worst song ever made.  I love that song, and though I can sort of see how some people might not like it, I could name atleast 10,000 songs on the spot that would actually qualify among the worst songs of all time

Written By: 80sfan on 10/08/09 at 4:53 am

11 - Tokio Hotel.  Spike is probably just angry that they never had a hit in the States LOL

Alot of these TV networks and magazines, etc know f*ck all about music and often will rate good bands bad and vice versa.  It all boils down to personal opinion.  What one person may hate, might be loved by someone else.

It's like that Maxim list that voted 'We Built This City' by Starship the worst song ever made.  I love that song, and though I can sort of see how some people might not like it, I could name atleast 10,000 songs on the spot that would actually qualify among the worst songs of all time

"We built this city" is a GREAT song TO ME! Whoever doesn't like it is jealous of something! Lol.

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/08/09 at 2:37 pm

I can't believe they forgot Kanye West!

Maybe he's an honorable mention....

Written By: Brian06 on 10/09/09 at 12:48 am

Well this is all an opinion thing. Like I would personally disagree with your Lady GaGa mention and might say Debbie Gibson is the worst artist of all time, but that's all opinion and not worth arguing. That being said there's nobody that really screams to me in this particular list that "they shouldn't be on here".

Written By: Midas on 10/09/09 at 9:11 am

Too many glaring omissions from Ja Rule, Fallout Boy, Lady GaGa, Gym Class Heroes, Nelly, My Chemical Romance, Lil' Jon,...etc.

WHAT?!?

OKAY!!!

SKEET! SKEET! SKEET! SKEET!

:D

Written By: whistledog on 10/09/09 at 9:50 am

To me, the worst band of the 2000s is the Canadian hardcore group Alexisonfire.

They had a BIG hit called No Transitory that features the singer screaming vocals in a very heavy demonic like voice.  That's not music.  It's Satan calling

Some of their songs start off good, and are seemingly catchy for the type of rock music that it is, but then Satan comes in and ruins it.  If they got rid of him, they might be worth listening to LOL

Written By: Midas on 10/09/09 at 9:55 am

To me, the worst band of the 2000s is the Canadian hardcore group Alexisonfire.

They had a BIG hit called No Transitory that features the singer screaming vocals in a very heavy demonic like voice.  That's not music.  It's Satan calling

Some of their songs start off good, and are seemingly catchy for the type of rock music that it is, but then Satan comes in and ruins it.  If they got rid of him, they might be worth listening to LOL

Satan ruins a lot of good things ;D

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/09/09 at 2:16 pm

WHAT?!?

OKAY!!!

SKEET! SKEET! SKEET! SKEET!

:D

Lil' John, eh? I know another Lil' John....

http://nibstar.14035madison.com/Ajohnrinaldi.jpg

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/10/09 at 11:59 am

Yes, finally, someone who agrees with me that T Pain sucks!

Check for new replies or respond here...