inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jay Brannan

Written By: Italian_hunk on 10/18/09 at 2:38 pm

I think Jay Brannan is the best thing that happened in 00s music after 2005. He sings, plays the guitar and writes his own songs.
He is gay, but he is not showing off with that unlike some others. He said he would prefer to be taken as a musician who happens to be gay,
than as 'gay icon'. Kudos to him! By the way I'm not gay, but I think he's very tallented. Way m,ore than some overrated singers like Justin Timberlake and James blunt.
I hope thatB Jay makes it big one day, he deserves it for being a singer that happens to be gay rather than being a gay, who happens to be a singer. There IS a difference - the second type use their sexuality for marketing.
All he needs is a chance.

Subject: Re: Jay Brannan

Written By: Italian_hunk on 10/18/09 at 2:47 pm

http://www.culdesacmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/jaybrannangoddamned.jpg

By the way (if you're wondering) - I'm not gay. I hate all those stereotypes like 'Oh, look, he listens to that gay guy, then he must be a gay, too!'.
Such things look pretty dumb in the 21st century. That's like those dumb guys that say dance music was gay. I just happen to like good music. Jay actually sings, unlike other singers popular now that rely heavily on autotune. His music has soul.

Have you heard something from him?

Written By: whistledog on 10/18/09 at 6:27 pm

Is he a popular singer?  I know my music, but this name I do not recognize

Written By: Italian_hunk on 10/19/09 at 9:42 am

Well, his songs are kinda indie+pop blend. They have a guitar sound, which I like. I prefer hearing real instruments.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/19/09 at 10:38 am

Don't think, that I ever heard of him. But then again, I kind of like Michael Buble, one of my favorite singers of the moment.

Check for new replies or respond here...