inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: First, Fort Knox..... Then the world!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/19/09 at 7:41 pm

After conquering New York City, Tim Horton's is now opening at Fort Knox. Take that Dunkin' Donuts!

In your face, Krispy Kreme!

;D

http://www.financialpost.com/story.html?id=2095939

Subject: Re: First, Fort Knox..... Then the world!

Written By: ninny on 10/19/09 at 8:19 pm

After conquering New York City, Tim Horton's is now opening at Fort Knox. Take that Dunkin' Donuts!

In your face, Krispy Kreme!

;D

http://www.financialpost.com/story.html?id=2095939

There are lots of Tim Horton's in Western & Central NY, all of the Krispy Kreme's have shut down

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/19/09 at 8:54 pm

There are lots of Tim Horton's in Western & Central NY, all of the Krispy Kreme's have shut down

:o

Yes! Revenge is a donut served cold!  ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/19/09 at 9:53 pm

Personally, I'm a Krispy Kreme guy - but I live within driving distance of one where I can get 'em fresh outa the oil, and chow down a free hot one while I'm waiting for my 12 really warm ones to get plucked out of the oil.  Nothing like it.

But for those who haven't experienced Tim's, you've gotta try a Tim Horton donut. 

And if you're not a Krispy Kreme fan, you've really gotta do Horny Tim's, because they're pretty much the perfection of the non-Krispy-Kreme style of heavy-on-the-yeast-raised donuts.

Allow this cat to illustrate the point:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/lajimi/donut.jpg

Also, where else but in Canada, could you build a successful business empire on the name of a hockey player who - ten years later- would die in a DUI at more than 100 miles an hour, and you keep the name and the company continues to flourish without so much as batting an eye?  (I don't endorse DUI, but I do enjoy a damn-the-torpedoes style of business management.  The donuts stand on their own, just as Tim's hockey record stood on its own, regardless of how he went out in the '70s)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/19/09 at 10:05 pm

I just happen to love their Timbits, alot.

Written By: karen on 10/19/09 at 10:08 pm

There's a few Tim Horton's near us; never actually tried one though.  Never seen a Krispy Kreme anywhere.

Written By: ninny on 10/20/09 at 7:31 am

There's a few Tim Horton's near us; never actually tried one though.  Never seen a Krispy Kreme anywhere.

From what I see from the web site, they have a few stores around CT,NY,OH,PA

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/20/09 at 9:02 am

From what I see from the web site, they have a few stores around CT,NY,OH,PA

I heard about that too.

Also, on yesterday's episode of How I Met Your Mother, a scene took place at Tim Horton's. Barney (the charecter played by the always awesome, Neil Patrick Harris), even commented how great the coffee was.

It was the best episode, ever!

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/20/09 at 1:56 pm

Is this the first volley in a mass Canadian infiltration on American culture? ???

;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/20/09 at 2:22 pm

Is this the first volley in a mass Canadian infiltration on American culture? ???

;D

You ruined surprised!

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...