inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Owl City

Written By: Fireflies on 10/26/09 at 11:34 am

Anyone heard of Owl City? I'm so obsessed with his music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI4JLa0hbUw

Subject: Re: Owl City

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/26/09 at 6:31 pm

I have, but I only know the "Fireflies" song (which I see is your user name). I'm not sure how you classify his music, maybe electropop? That song kind of reminds me of Moby, that same sort of style.

Written By: whistledog on 10/26/09 at 6:55 pm

I would say Electro Pop as well.  It's not the greatest song, but it is a nice song. 

Written By: Brian06 on 10/26/09 at 7:04 pm

I quite like it, it's pretty different. I'd say it's a type of electro pop.

Written By: 90steen on 10/28/09 at 10:04 pm

Very interesting song. Like nothing I've ever heard before.

Written By: Brian06 on 10/29/09 at 9:30 am

This just hit number 1 in the USA this week!

Written By: nondiva234 on 11/01/09 at 1:25 am

I really dig the style and the sound of Owl City's music. Fireflies is a really catchy tune. :)

Written By: tv on 11/01/09 at 4:33 pm

Its sounds alot different than any #1 song on the Billboard Hot 100 that I have ever heard before. It sounds a little like 80's new wave, mid to late 00's autotone and a little bit of mid 00's EMO all mixed in together.

Written By: whistledog on 11/01/09 at 6:17 pm

Its sounds alot different than any #1 song on the Billboard Hot 100 that I have ever heard before. It sounds a little like 80's new wave, mid to late 00's autotone and a little bit of mid 00's EMO all mixed in together.

That was a good analogy of it, up until the Emo part :P

Written By: Silver Power on 11/02/09 at 9:44 am

Yeah, I've had him as a friend on MySpace for a while. He'd be one of the few people to reply to my comments.

Fireflies is great.

If you like Owl City, *coughPLUGcough*, check out my Music Myspace,  http://www.myspace.com/51redstar

And add me.

Pretty please.  ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/23/09 at 5:35 pm

Yeah, I really like him too - very new wave 80s electropop, but in a way that fits in with modern music. What's ironic is I think Fireflies is one of his WEAKER songs, most of the best ones aren't even on his album. I like "Hot Air Balloon" and "West Coast Friendship" much more.

Check for new replies or respond here...