inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone see This is it yet???

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/28/09 at 8:57 pm

I went and saw it today and I was thinking the place would be packed but, I went in the daytime and the kids are in school.  There were like 8 people there with me and my friend and let me just say this... It was amazing!  MJ was such a performer and Im glad I saw it.  I am far from a die hard fan but, being that Im 36, I am a lifelong fan.  I can remember being 10 when Thriller came out and how I wished I was the PYT in the song PYT... I can remember my mom racing to get me to day care and hearing Off the Wall on the radio... I loved Rock with You... Sat mornings watching the Jackson 5 cartoon and he is now what he was to me then.... A great performer... I doubt had he lived ,he would be as big alive as he is in death, at least in the U.S.  but... all around the world... it would have been what it was to me , a great swan song!
I think ANYONE who saw this film would appreciate his craft and enjoy it... maybe you wouldnt clap, sing, and crack up out loud like I did... I cried alot too... Got goose bumps a few times, but, you would be entertained and that is what he was ..... He could entertain!
Watching him perform Billie Jean was the best......... Stick around till all the credits roll, theres a cute lil treat!
Ill shut up NOW!
Whew!

Subject: Re: Anyone see This is it yet???

Written By: 80sfan on 10/28/09 at 10:04 pm

I went and saw it today and I was thinking the place would be packed but, I went in the daytime and the kids are in school.  There were like 8 people there with me and my friend and let me just say this... It was amazing!  MJ was such a performer and Im glad I saw it.  I am far from a die hard fan but, being that Im 36, I am a lifelong fan.  I can remember being 10 when Thriller came out and how I wished I was the PYT in the song PYT... I can remember my mom racing to get me to day care and hearing Off the Wall on the radio... I loved Rock with You... Sat mornings watching the Jackson 5 cartoon and he is now what he was to me then.... A great performer... I doubt had he lived ,he would be as big alive as he is in death, at least in the U.S.  but... all around the world... it would have been what it was to me , a great swan song!
I think ANYONE who saw this film would appreciate his craft and enjoy it... maybe you wouldnt clap, sing, and crack up out loud like I did... I cried alot too... Got goose bumps a few times, but, you would be entertained and that is what he was ..... He could entertain!
Watching him perform Billie Jean was the best......... Stick around till all the credits roll, theres a cute lil treat!
Ill shut up NOW!
Whew!

I LOVE Michael! No one comes close to him. I didn't know you were a Michael Jackson fan.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/28/09 at 10:21 pm

Yes I am and I think the movie was awesome but I was so sad to know he never lived long enough to get on tour.  His life really was so sad and he made so many happy.  I hope he gets the peace he was looking for in death.
I hope the media leaves his kids alone and they have a chance to just be kids... Their dad rocked though! It would be cool to see how artistic they become .

Written By: Dagwood on 10/28/09 at 10:46 pm

I hope the media leaves his kids alone and they have a chance to just be kids.

Amen to that.  He kept them out of the limelight for a reason and I hope people respect his wishes and let them be kids.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/29/09 at 12:30 am

It looked really good, I probably won't see it though unless the put it on t.v. eventually.  It's not my hubby's kind of movie so...

I agree that he was an amazing performer but it just makes me sad to know what could have been but for the greed and stupidity of others.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/29/09 at 5:18 pm

I know I must post in here! ( ;D )

I saw the movie yesterday and it was pandemoniun in my theathre. People were shoulder to sdhoulder, packed in. And it was like being at a real Michael Jackson concert. Poeple were screaming and yelling and clapping and dancing. It was awesome. Single handedly the best expierience of my life. As a fan it just warmed my heart to see Michael's creative side. To see the things he did, his thought process the clothes he wore, it was all so mind boggling. I didn't cry. I knew Michael didnt want his fans to cry. I was just so elated. I just dont think there's enough words in the English language to describe acurately the adoration and happiness and love I feel. There are no words. Words fail me, and fail to describe the magnitude of what I saw and shared with everyone in the theatre.

(And I'm going back tomorrow night to see it again! )

http://mjjgallery.free.fr/2009/thisisit/trailers/140.jpg

Michael, in the movie. Looks PRETTY DARN GREAT to me!  :)

IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT, YOU'RE MISSING OUT. IF YOU CAN, GET A TICKET! GET A TICKET! GET A TICKET!!!!!!    

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/29/09 at 8:13 pm

Not yet, but will pretty soon.

Written By: whistledog on 10/29/09 at 8:46 pm

I will wait until it's on TV before I watch it.  It would be a good movie to see, but not the kind to pay $9 to see on a big screen.  I will save that for the big blockbuster films with all the special effects.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/29/09 at 9:06 pm

I saw TII at 2 different theatres

Tinseltown: 4.50
Hollywood: 7.75

It didn't really phase me. I scared the hell out of my friend. She jokingly said tickets were 100 dollars. You shoulda heard the silence on her end of the phone when I said "Ok... and?"  ;D I'd go to every showing if I could, but dammit, it sold it!

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/30/09 at 12:03 am

Wow... Sounds like everyone is responding to this film.  i agree... It was so much like being at one of his concerts... That tour would have been AWESOME!  I loved Earth Song... gave me chills and I cried, I lost it when I saw the Polar Bears... LOL... I just love them.
Man, who will step up and carry on his message ??? Not many stars out there taking a stand.

Check for new replies or respond here...