inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What's the deal with Em?

Written By: STUCKONYOU on 11/02/09 at 11:20 am

Only performed once in the last 4 years??  and it's gonna be this Voodoo joint that i never even heard of? All I know is its in New Orleans. I wonder if its' gonna be on tv. I also wonder if he's clowning and hes really gonna perform again this year... anybody know what's up with him and this show?

Subject: Re: What's the deal with Em?

Written By: whistledog on 11/02/09 at 2:46 pm

Who is Em?

Written By: gibbo on 11/02/09 at 3:04 pm

Who is Em?

Might be Eminem??

Written By: ninny on 11/02/09 at 3:05 pm

Might be Eminem??

That's what I thought.

Written By: whistledog on 11/02/09 at 4:45 pm

If it is Eminem, then I suddenly realized why I don't care what the deal is :D

Written By: snozberries on 11/02/09 at 6:27 pm

Hey Eminem is an amazing artist!

for the original poster... If you are talking about Eminem, since he was pretty vocal about taking a break from the business I don't see what you're complaining about.. its great that he's going to do a show...maybe that's his plan for easing back into it... a little "em" is better than no "em" at all... 

Written By: gibbo on 11/03/09 at 3:10 pm

Hey Eminem is an amazing artist!

for the original poster... If you are talking about Eminem, since he was pretty vocal about taking a break from the business I don't see what you're complaining about.. its great that he's going to do a show...maybe that's his plan for easing back into it... a little "em" is better than no "em" at all... 

Sorry Q ... but I'm with whistle on this one. Arguably, he has sold more CD's than anyone in the past decade....and I'm proud to say... I didn't buy any!  :P  C- rap is NOT poetry...and it's NOT music!  8)

Written By: 80sfan on 11/03/09 at 4:08 pm

Sorry Q ... but I'm with whistle on this one. Arguably, he has sold more CD's than anyone in the past decade....and I'm proud to say... I didn't buy any!  :P  C- rap is NOT poetry...and it's NOT music!  8)

Sorry, but I absolutely disagree. Eminem is a great artist and it actually takes a fast mind, intelligence and wit to rap. It's okay if you don't care about Eminem though, but that doesn't mean I don't.

Sorry, but I couldn't think of a great rap if I tried. Eminem is genius and I stand by it.

Hey Q, I'm on your side! Lol.

Written By: snozberries on 11/03/09 at 5:15 pm

Sorry, but I absolutely disagree. Eminem is a great artist and it actually takes a fast mind, intelligence and wit to rap. It's okay if you don't care about Eminem though, but that doesn't mean I don't.

Sorry, but I couldn't think of a great rap if I tried. Eminem is genius and I stand by it.

AWESOME!

Slim is an amazing lyricist... If people took time to listen to the words....all of them not  just choice excerpts they might actually be surprised.

Written By: whistledog on 11/03/09 at 7:05 pm

Eminem is good with the words, but with most rap music, it's just some dude talking in rhyme while music plays.  I don't mind rap music, but only when there's a little something more to it.

Written By: snozberries on 11/03/09 at 7:08 pm

Eminem is good with the words, but with most rap music, it's just some dude talking in rhyme while music plays.  I don't mind rap music, but only when there's a little something more to it.

I disagree because he has to keep beat and twist the words to fit the music... he changes cadence in his songs and octaves...

to me it closer to music than that crap where some ass gets up and just starts screaming into a microphone... 

Written By: whistledog on 11/03/09 at 7:50 pm

to me it closer to music than that crap where some ass gets up and just starts screaming into a microphone... 

That I will agree with you on 8)

Written By: snozberries on 11/03/09 at 8:37 pm

That I will agree with you on 8)

well that's something...  ;D

Written By: STUCKONYOU on 11/05/09 at 4:19 pm

Yeah sorry bout the confusing terminology. but you guys got it i was talking about Eminem.. and i just found out that his voodoo performance is going to be on tv tomorrow night if anyone is interested.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u1Jkux1jZQ I'm goning to have to set my dvr because i got things to do while its on

Written By: snozberries on 11/05/09 at 6:20 pm

Yeah sorry bout the confusing terminology. but you guys got it i was talking about Eminem.. and i just found out that his voodoo performance is going to be on tv tomorrow night if anyone is interested.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u1Jkux1jZQ I'm goning to have to set my dvr because i got things to do while its on

what channel? what time? details man...where are the details?

Written By: karen on 11/05/09 at 6:25 pm

It might be 9.30 tonight but no idea what channel or even what time zone!

Written By: gibbo on 11/05/09 at 6:27 pm

Is Aunty Em not well? Better tell Dorothy.... :-\\

Written By: whistledog on 11/05/09 at 7:42 pm

;D

Written By: gibbo on 11/05/09 at 8:05 pm

;D

Your new avatar has a mesmerizing effect....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/06/09 at 1:11 am

You spiled it for me!  I was gonna say, she and Uncle Henry lost the farm house in Kansas...you heard anything else?

:D

Written By: Midas on 11/06/09 at 9:20 am

Funny Flashback Em Thread :D

Written By: karen on 11/06/09 at 9:41 am

Funny Flashback Em Thread :D

That was funny!  lots of names long gone though  :\'(

Written By: whistledog on 11/06/09 at 9:52 am

Did you know Eminem's name spelled backwards is Men I Me.  Is there something he's trying to tell us? :D

Written By: Midas on 11/06/09 at 9:56 am

Did you know Eminem's name spelled backwards is Men I Me.  Is there something he's trying to tell us? :D

That's in the Flashback thread link I posted!  Check out my slick rhymeskillz, yo  8)

Written By: Midas on 11/06/09 at 9:58 am

That was funny!  lots of names long gone though  :\'(

cs and Jonman are on spacebook!  :D  I think some others from that group are too...goldie etc.

Written By: STUCKONYOU on 11/06/09 at 11:53 am

Its on the Fuse network.. You going to have to check your local listings for the channel number and its on 10pm/9c

Written By: snozberries on 11/06/09 at 2:29 pm

Its on the Fuse network.. You going to have to check your local listings for the channel number and its on 10pm/9c

thanks!

Check for new replies or respond here...