inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dr. Drew's "Sex Rehab" On VH-1

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/02/09 at 4:30 pm

OK, so Dr. Drew has already hosted "Celebrity Rehab 1 and 2" on VH1, where all sorts of B-list, C-list, and even D-list celebrities come to get cured of their various substance abuse problems.

Now there is "Sex Rehab", which premiered last night.

Is there such a thing as an E-list celebrity?  ??? As best I could make out from Episode 1 last night, this show consists of a group of 8 or so people whom nobody ever heard of (except for Amber Smith, a celebrity by virtue of her participation in Celebrity Rehab 2 and Sober House).  One of the celebrities is some sort of surf boogie-board champ, who seems first to have the most severe case of hyperactivity I have ever seen, and seems to be an all-out head case.  I suspect he has fallen and hit his head quite a few times over the years.  As an aside, when he was checked in, Dr. Drew diagnosed an HPV tumor on boogie board boy's uvula.

Another participant is some guy who played for the band Skid Row, and is unapologetic about the estimated 3000 women with whom he has, uh, "partied serious".   :o  This guy is right up there in the big leagues with Wilt Chamberlain (20,000) and Johnny Wadd (14,000), but he has a long way to go to knock them off the top.   :P

Most of the participants confide in Dr. Drew (and a few million viewers, I suppose) that they spend their days, *ahem*, playing solitaire, or out at the clubs trolling for a quickie, all to the neglect of family and career.

As opposed to the Celebrity Rehab entries, I found myself quite bored with this show and I suspect that it will get old quickly.   :-\\

Anybody here watch the premiere?  And if so, what say you? ???

Subject: Re: Dr. Drew's "Sex Rehab" On VH-1

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 11/03/09 at 9:10 am

My curiousity is piqued only because I want to know how you "recover" from sex addiction... If you are an alcoholic, you can NEVER drink again, same with drugs, gambling, etc.  Does this mean you can NEVER have sex again?  No thanks!

Written By: BrandyBlue on 11/03/09 at 12:49 pm

These people sound like they spend a lot of time on the "F" list.

Written By: Midas on 11/03/09 at 2:11 pm

My curiousity is piqued only because I want to know how you "recover" from sex addiction... If you are an alcoholic, you can NEVER drink again, same with drugs, gambling, etc.  Does this mean you can NEVER have sex again?  No thanks!

Do you have an addiction? :D

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 11/04/09 at 9:05 am

Do you have an addiction? :D
Sadly, no :(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/06/09 at 12:34 am

Not my problem.  I don't get to hab it in the first place!
:-[

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/06/09 at 7:23 pm

Not my problem.  I don't get to hab it in the first place!
:-http://redriverautographs.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/get_smart-tv.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/07/09 at 10:56 pm

You mean not even with Agent 99? ???

http://redriverautographs.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/get_smart-tv.jpg

Not since Chaos started tapping her IUD!

:P

Check for new replies or respond here...