inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Adam Lambert peformance.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/26/09 at 9:15 am

Did you see it, this week, and if so what was your thoughts on it?

???

Subject: Re: The Adam Lambert peformance.

Written By: Silver Power on 11/26/09 at 9:28 am

I'm an Adam Lambert fan. He was the best on American Idol, and should have won.

He's a performer. If you don't want your kids to see the unexpected, don't let them watch a live show.

I have no problem with guys kissing guys, and the simulated 'bj' thing was something that you can see elsewhere on TV, not just in that performance.

It's like Adam said "I'm a performer, not a babysitter".

Written By: whistledog on 11/26/09 at 9:43 am

Alot pf people criticized what CBS did because they had no problems that one year showing Madonna and Britney Spears kissing.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/26/09 at 9:55 am

I never noticed how broadway his voice was!  :o

I didn't like the performance though I like Adam Lambert. Thought the song ruined the performance and his singing was off.

Written By: Jessica on 11/26/09 at 10:10 am

He had a point about double standards when talking about it on the CBS Early Show.  When showing his performance on the AMAs, they censored the image.  Yet a few minutes later, they showed the Britney/Madonna kiss without blocking the image.  WTF?  Are people still that wigged out by guys kissing?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/26/09 at 10:14 am

I know, it was just a performance qat a awards show.

::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/26/09 at 11:32 am

He did it purposely to get attention, as I assume that he did not feel that his singing talent was sufficient.  Ditto with the goofy eyeliner and woman's hair do. 

Want to get my attention as a singer? Do it with your VOICE instead of simulated BJ's and all that rot.

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/09 at 12:02 pm

I never noticed how broadway his voice was!  :o

that's all I noticed....his B'way sound and the lack of talent of the other singers is why I stopped watching halfway thru the season.

He had a point about double standards when talking about it on the CBS Early Show.  When showing his performance on the AMAs, they censored the image.  Yet a few minutes later, they showed the Britney/Madonna kiss without blocking the image.  WTF?  Are people still that wigged out by guys kissing?

yes but the fantasy has always been hot girl on hot girl...reality be damned... stupid homophobes can't handle boy on boy... or two ugly girls making out. 

Written By: Red Ant on 11/26/09 at 2:02 pm

Want to get my attention as a singer? Do it with your VOICE instead of simulated BJ's and all that rot.

Yep.

Ant

Written By: snozberries on 11/27/09 at 8:39 am

The View talked about this on Wed.... apparently Barbara Walters interviewed him on Tuesday...he said that if Madonna had done the same performance no one would say anything...  they probably won't now- like Sherri said- "He's no Madonna or Janet; he hasn't earned the right yet"

but I say... have we all forgotten the backlash Madonna got for Truth or Dare, her sex book and the Like a Prayer video/pepsi commercial?

Written By: 80sfan on 11/27/09 at 8:43 am

The View talked about this on Wed.... apparently Barbara Walters interviewed him on Tuesday...he said that if Madonna had done the same performance no one would say anything...  they probably won't now- like Sherri said- "He's no Madonna or Janet; he hasn't earned the right yet"

but I say... have we all forgotten the backlash Madonna got for Truth or Dare, her sex book and the Like a Prayer video/pepsi commercial?

I agree 100%. Back in 1992 Madonna's "Sex" book really ruined sales for her then album Erotica. Erotica sold 1.96 million in America, but it could've sold more if it wasn't for the Sex book. Madonna was also called a slut during her Live Aid performance in 1985 by a bunch of guys at the beggining of her performance. Later they got tired of calling her names and those guys just stopped. Also Madonna jokes were made reguarding how dirty she was back in the 80's and early to mid 90's.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/27/09 at 8:47 am

Adam Lambert obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. People talked about Madonna ALOT when she did those things during her time. And yup, I am a Madonna fan so I know ALOT about Madonna.  ;)  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...