inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Will people avoid talking about this decade for years to come ?

Written By: 435wtr on 12/01/09 at 7:16 pm

With magazines and blogs already(and IMO rightfully so) talking about how horrible the past 10 years have been, will people just avoid talking about the 00s all together ? I was a 90s kid but whenever my parents or someone else talked about the 80s it was never a "those were the good times" kind of discussion. Since this decade obviously wasn't good times how do you think people will discuss the 00s in say, 2013 ?

Subject: Re: Will people avoid talking about this decade for years to come ?

Written By: Abe on 12/01/09 at 7:23 pm

i know i will
i grew up during the 2000s!
its my childhood memories!

Written By: whistledog on 12/01/09 at 7:27 pm

No, but I will avoid posting in this thread

No, but I will avoid posting in this thread

DAMN IT!

DAMN IT!

ARGH!  DAMN IT AGAIN!

Written By: 80sfan on 12/01/09 at 7:28 pm

Sometimes it's just a trend to hate something that's modern or just past.

But this time we actually mean it when we say the 00's suck!  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 12/01/09 at 7:28 pm

POOP

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/01/09 at 7:33 pm

2000's decade... Good times !

Written By: 435wtr on 12/01/09 at 7:35 pm

Sometimes it's just a trend to hate something that's modern or just past.

But this time we actually mean it when we say the 00's suck!  ;D

I know I'll mean it !

Written By: joeman on 12/01/09 at 7:43 pm

With magazines and blogs already(and IMO rightfully so) talking about how horrible the past 10 years have been, will people just avoid talking about the 00s all together ? I was a 90s kid but whenever my parents or someone else talked about the 80s it was never a "those were the good times" kind of discussion. Since this decade obviously wasn't good times how do you think people will discuss the 00s in say, 2013 ?

Give it another 10-20 years.  I graduated with HS in 03 and spend my young adult years in the 00's.  I will definitely tell my kids how much fun I had with the 00'.

Apparently, everyone goes through a phase in their young adult life about hating their teenage years and want nothing to do with them.  Once you get older, you start hating them less.  In my case, my years is the late 90's/early 00's era.  I hated that era in the 00's but now I am more accepting it.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/01/09 at 7:53 pm

Give it another 10-20 years.  I graduated with HS in 03 and spend my young adult years in the 00's.  I will definitely tell my kids how much fun I had with the 00'.

Apparently, everyone goes through a phase in their young adult life about hating their teenage years and want nothing to do with them.  Once you get older, you start hating them less.  In my case, my years is the late 90's/early 00's era.  I hated that era in the 00's but now I am more accepting it.

I don't like pop culture after 1998 and 10 years later I still don't! No offense to you for liking it.

Written By: joeman on 12/01/09 at 7:58 pm

I don't like pop culture after 1998 and 10 years later I still don't! No offense to you for liking it.

None given, but it wasn't all about about fashion and music.  I hated high school life and thought I made irreversible mistakes that affected me through out my life.  Adolescent years basically is just a taste what is to come throughout your whole life, and music and rebellion greatly influences it.

Edit:  What is fudge?  I just got one now and dunno if that is a good or bad thing.  I guess I can try to make an impact on this forum and get as much fudge as I can lol.

Written By: Red Ant on 12/01/09 at 8:05 pm

Since this decade obviously wasn't good times how do you think people will discuss the 00s in say, 2013 ?

Topic locked:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=32990.0

Ant

Check for new replies or respond here...