inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cash Cab

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/04/09 at 5:55 pm

I know this was a UK show before it was made for the U.S., but has anyone else seen this show?  I love it.  It makes me want to come to NYC and take taxis everywhere just on the chance that I'd get to play the game.  I adore trivia anyway. 

Subject: Re: Cash Cab

Written By: coqueta83 on 12/04/09 at 7:15 pm

I love this show!  I watch it whenever I have the chance.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 12/04/09 at 8:28 pm

I know this was a UK show before it was made for the U.S., but has anyone else seen this show?  I love it.  It makes me want to come to NYC and take taxis everywhere just on the chance that I'd get to play the game.  I adore trivia anyway.   

I've seen it a couple of times... it looks like a lot of fun...

Written By: 80sfan on 12/04/09 at 8:30 pm

I would so fail at the questions if I accidentally was in the Cash Cab!  ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 12/05/09 at 1:12 am

Better Cash Cab than HBO Taxi Confessions!

I've seen it, CC that is, and it's okay. I'll watch if nothing else is on.

Ant

Written By: nondiva234 on 12/05/09 at 1:51 am

I like Cash Cab. It's a good Discovery Channel Canada made a local version set in Toronto. I really don't think I'd survive, despite my vast aptitude of general knowledge.

Written By: ninny on 12/05/09 at 5:30 am

I love this show!  I watch it whenever I have the chance.   :)

Me too :)

Written By: Bobo on 12/05/09 at 6:50 am

The UK version of the show is certainly very charming. While the entire show is, of course, an elaborate set-up (the players and the drivers alike know the journey they are to be taking), the host of the UK show (a genuine cab driver by the name of John Moody) is an accomplished, stylish, and knowledgeable, presenter. I remember watching the show every day when I was able to.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/05/09 at 7:04 am

I've never heard of (and thus have never seen) Cash Cab .

Is it anything like Bang Bus ? ???

;D

Written By: Midas on 12/05/09 at 8:22 am

I've never heard of (and thus have never seen) Cash Cab .

Is it anything like Bang Bus ? ???

;D

Uhhh...no.

My dad & stepmom turned me on to Cash Cab when they came to visit a few years ago.  I don't watch it regularly but it's one of the better game shows out there.

Check for new replies or respond here...