inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tiger - The Saga Continues

Written By: danootaandme on 12/08/09 at 7:36 am

His wifes mother or sister, don't know which on yet.

www.airamerica.com/entertainment/12-08-2009/unconscious-woman-taken-tiger-woods-house/

Subject: Re: Tiger - The Saga Continues

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/08/09 at 8:06 am

Tigggggggger, you gon't some xplaining to do!

Written By: 80sfan on 12/08/09 at 8:07 am

Holy crap!  :D

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/08/09 at 8:25 am

I read in the paper yesterday that at this point NINE :o women have come forward, claiming to have been jumpoffs for Tiger.  (The reports cite ten, but one of them denies the story).

At this point, Tiger's gonna have to do some damage control... or at least triage... to preserve his image.  His endorsement sponsors have no problem ignoring a peccodillo or two, but when you start getting well into double digits, the "ick factor" starts to kick in.  8-P

Fortunately we have not heard of any "love children" or "sex tapes".  Let's hope it stays that way too.

Written By: Jessica on 12/08/09 at 9:40 am

His wifes mother or sister, don't know which on yet.

www.airamerica.com/entertainment/12-08-2009/unconscious-woman-taken-tiger-woods-house/

They said it was an older woman, so I'm thinking it was Elin's mom.  Maybe she overexerted herself beating the shyt out of Tiger. :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/08/09 at 10:55 am

Tiger is just having a REALLY BAD week.

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 12/08/09 at 12:22 pm

It's been confirmed that it's Tiger's mother-in-law.

I stand by my theory that she got winded smacking him around.

Written By: Frank on 12/08/09 at 12:34 pm

The stress level in that household must be enormous. 

...and Tiger is still keeping quiet.

Note to Tiger: THIS ISN'T GONNA BLOW OVER QUICK!

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/08/09 at 2:21 pm

Note to Tiger: THIS ISN'T GONNA BLOW OVER QUICK!

I donno.  If in fact he had all those lovelyt lasies on the side, that may be exactly what happened.  ;D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/08/09 at 8:16 pm

Great Googly Moogly.

The story just won't die! LOL.  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/08/09 at 10:08 pm

I'd hit it...  ;D ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/08/09 at 11:06 pm

So, he also nailed his soon-to-be-ex-wife's mom?  Sounds like everyone had a hell of a tweekend.  And bonus kink points for...

I'd hit it...  ;D ;D

Cat o' nine tails, two cats o' two tails, whatever.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/safewurd.jpg

Tiger Woods: A true caliber pimp.

Written By: Jessica on 12/08/09 at 11:24 pm

So, he also nailed his soon-to-be-ex-wife's mom?  Sounds like everyone had a hell of a tweekend.  And bonus kink points for...

A Tiger that hunts Cougars.  Eeeeenteresting......

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/08/09 at 11:36 pm

A Tiger that hunts Cougars.  Eeeeenteresting......

I just wanted to learn how to f*ckin' golf.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__XTdRTLvHyQ/SKe_p6AOgqI/AAAAAAAAA80/hknC6npIC8k/s320/Apocalypse_Now_Redux_USA_2001_B02.jpg

Never get outa the boat cart...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/08/09 at 11:49 pm

and the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
and he's watching us all with the eye of the tiger

so what gets me is why do these women so easily reveal that they got it on with Tiger. who finds these women? How do they contact them? are they kissin' & tellin' just for the hopes of money or is this sordid 15 min of fame the reason? I'm guessin' it's $ cash motivated.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/08/09 at 11:55 pm

I just wanted to learn how to f*ckin' golf.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__XTdRTLvHyQ/SKe_p6AOgqI/AAAAAAAAA80/hknC6npIC8k/s320/Apocalypse_Now_Redux_USA_2001_B02.jpg

Never get outa the boat...

Karma for reference to one of my fave lines from from Apocalypse!
;D

I'm just surprised there aren't more jokes about clubs, and balls, and holes, and driving, and...well, the possibilities are endless....

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/09/09 at 12:05 am

so the news is that he's bagged ten women thus far?  if it ends up being 18 that would be priceless

What an incredible Cinderella story, this unknown comes outta no where to lead the pack, at Augusta. He's on his final hole, he's about 455 yards away - he's gonna hit about a two-iron I think. Oh he got all of that one! The crowd is standing on its feet here, the normally reserved Augusta crowd - going wild - for this young Cinderella, he's come outta no where, he's got about 350 yards left, he's gonna hit about a five-iron, don't you think? He's got a beautiful backswing - that's - Oh he got all of that one! He's gotta be pleased with that, the crowd is just on its feet here, uh - He's the Cinderella boy, uh - tears in his eyes I guess as he lines up this last shot, he's got about 195 yards left, he's got about a - its looks like he's got about an eight-iron. This crowd has gone deathly silent, the Cinderella story, outta no where, a former greenskeeper now - about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac - It's in the Hole!  

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S0204uPR9LirMAwXWjzbkF/SIG=12j1gac8i/EXP=1260424878/**http%3A//assets.espn.go.com/media/pg2/2001/0626/photo/caddy_i.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/09/09 at 12:19 am

so the news is that he's bagged ten women thus far?  if it ends up being 18 that would be priceless

Under 18 would be the problem!
:o

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/09/09 at 12:32 am

Under 18 would be the problem!
:o
things can always get worse, that's for sure.  let's hope not.

now let's see if his caddy comes forward as number 11 claiming that Tiger made him wash his balls
???

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020oNRR9LyHYAeUGjzbkF/SIG=12t4ufdcd/EXP=1260426893/**http%3A//www.austads.com/austads/assets/product_images/PABBAAODIJHHKCAA.jpg

Written By: danootaandme on 12/09/09 at 5:56 am

so what gets me is why do these women so easily reveal that they got it on with Tiger. who finds these women? How do they contact them? are they kissin' & tellin' just for the hopes of money or is this sordid 15 min of fame the reason? I'm guessin' it's $ cash motivated.

From what I gather, the one he voicemailed got 5mil to keep her mouth shut about the rest.  As soon as that happened it was like popcorn in a hot pan.  I'm thinking a lot are trying to cash in and would be wary of the number. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/09/09 at 9:35 am

I'm thinking a lot are trying to cash in and would be wary of the number. 

Last account I read, the tally had risen to 359 women claiming to have allowed Tiger to get all the way to the putting green.

They're now erecting one of those old McDonald's signs outside the mansion to keep track of the number, which at the current rate will be replaced with one that says "Billions and Billions Served".

;D ;D

Written By: Frank on 12/09/09 at 6:56 pm

Tiger's got nuthin on Wilt the Stilt.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/09/09 at 7:16 pm

Tiger's got nuthin on Wilt the Stilt.

Yeah, Wilt racked up 20,000 scores over, let's say, 20 years.  That works out to 2.73 "baskets" per day, I guess that did not leave him alot of time for any pregame warmup or overtime play.

I wonder if that's why they called him "Wilt" ?    ;D ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/09/09 at 10:31 pm

Karma for reference to one of my fave lines from from Apocalypse! ;D

I'm just surprised there aren't more jokes about clubs, and balls, and holes, and driving, and...well, the possibilities are endless....

I'm just surprised I didn't think of "Never get outa the cart" until tonight.
/facepalm

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/10/09 at 1:44 pm

Yeah, Wilt racked up 20,000 scores over, let's say, 20 years.  That works out to 2.73 "baskets" per day, I guess that did not leave him alot of time for any pregame warmup or overtime play.

I wonder if that's why they called him "Wilt" ?    ;D ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5IE3dQ4Euo

Written By: ninny on 12/10/09 at 1:49 pm

How will this affect cheetah Tigers game um play golf game. Do you think the crowds will support him?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/10/09 at 1:54 pm

How will this affect cheetah Tigers game um play golf game. Do you think the crowds will support him?

Of course they will.  He can't help it if he's a playah!

;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/11/09 at 8:56 am

so the news is that he's bagged ten women thus far?  

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/page/idhitit-48147.jpg

Written By: danootaandme on 12/11/09 at 9:02 am

Gotta separate the artist from the man.  If you didn't you couldn't listen to music, read a book, look at a painting, and on and on.

Written By: gumbypiz on 12/11/09 at 2:47 pm

Tiger Woods Wife Outrun  :D ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/12/09 at 9:08 am

Yesterday, Tiger announced that he's going to let his putter take a rest for a while.

http://web.tigerwoods.com/news/article/200912117801012/news/

In this announcement he pretty much admits to, uh, "driving off the fairway".

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/14/09 at 1:10 am

Yesterday, Tiger announced that he's going to let his putter take a rest for a while.

http://web.tigerwoods.com/news/article/200912117801012/news/

In this announcement he pretty much admits to, uh, "driving off the fairway".

Oh, c'mon!  He's acting like he's O.J. or something.  All he's gotta do is say he's sorry and it won't happen again and he's changing his ways, and start going to church (I mean get filmed going to church a couple of times), and then give out toys to poor boys and girls this year, and he'll be right back on top o' the game.  Tiger's taking this all rather hard (please, no jokes).
;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/14/09 at 8:06 am

I see that consulting house (and center of corporate douchbaggery supreme) Accenture has announced that they are dumping Tiger.

My thoughts?  This is very poor form.  They did not have to do an announcement.  All they had to do was to pull the ads.

"Announcing" that Tiger was no longer appropriate for them was just cowardly. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/14/09 at 11:06 am

I have to say this:

This whole thing is just so ridiculous. I can see the fact that he had an accident being news. But the fact that he has 13 girlfriends (or however many) to me is just NOT newsworthy. So, the guy is getting it on with a bunch of bimbos-WHO THE F*** CARES!!?? I turned on Countdown on Friday and it turned into the Tiger Wood's hour. The guy didn't commit any crimes. The only person this whole episode effects is his wife.

And yeah, I have noticed that he seems to like his blonds.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/14/09 at 7:01 pm

I have to say this:

This whole thing is just so ridiculous. I can see the fact that he had an accident being news. But the fact that he has 13 girlfriends (or however many) to me is just NOT newsworthy. So, the guy is getting it on with a bunch of bimbos-WHO THE F*** CARES!!?? I turned on Countdown on Friday and it turned into the Tiger Wood's hour. The guy didn't commit any crimes. The only person this whole episode effects is his wife.

And yeah, I have noticed that he seems to like his blonds.

Cat

Yeah, I was noticing the same thing.  He prefers white chocolate fo sho.  ;D

The episode DOES however affect his sponsors, because they bought into his image as this clean-cut professional.  So it's understandable that Accenture and Gillette (and a number more that simply have not accounced it) gave him the heave 'ho.

On a final note, I read an article today that apparently Tiger was not using condooms when he was, uh, "out on the links" with his bimbos.  I wonder if Elin has gone to the free clinic yet to get tested for STD's? ???

Written By: karen on 12/14/09 at 9:32 pm

Do Gillette do a razor with a setting to keep the '5 o'clock shadow' look?  That would go with Tiger's not-so-clean-cut image!

Written By: Jessica on 12/14/09 at 10:38 pm

The only person this whole episode effects is his wife.

And his children.  Maybe not now because they are so young, but when they get into school and the kids find out that their dad is Tiger "diddle anything that moves" Woods....yeah, I can see them being affected.

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/15/09 at 12:05 am

The only person this whole episode effects is his wife.

affects.  (Sorry, pet peeve.)  But other than that (there there, little peeve, back in your cage!), yes, absolutely right.

I see that consulting house (and center of corporate douchbaggery supreme) Accenture has announced that they are dumping Tiger.

Well, you nailed it in your later post - they signed him on because he was a perceived as a clean-cut straight-shootin' guy, exactly what Arthur Andersenccenture needed after the Enron scandals that shut down the original company and prompted them to change the surviving company's name.

You sign a guy on as a billboard for ethical practices, you're allowed to kick him off just as publicly. 

Public Relations is a contact sport, even if Golf isn't.

MaxwellSmart's right - if Tiger came out and said something appropriately contrite about Jesus, rehab, or some combination of the two, he'd be able to save his career. 

Having said that, I admire the fact that Tiger's still got the personal integrity not to play that game.  His commercial sponsorship career is over, but he'll still have a few tens of millions in the bank even after the eventual divorce, and I'd like to see him golf again, even if he's just doing it for the love of the damn game.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/15/09 at 12:41 pm

Personally, I couldn't care less who Tiger sleeps with.  I can't believe it's still in the news.  

That being said, I did hear a pretty funny joke today:

What's the difference between Tiger Woods and Santa Claus?

Santa stops at three Hos.  

;D

Written By: danootaandme on 12/15/09 at 12:47 pm

;D

;D ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 12/15/09 at 12:48 pm

I want to know how they confirmed the number of women involved?  Anyone can jump in and say "Me too!"

Written By: karen on 12/15/09 at 1:26 pm

I want to know how they confirmed the number of women involved?  Anyone can jump in and say "Me too!"

Me too

meaning I also want to know how they've confirmed the number of women involved...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/15/09 at 4:32 pm

And his children.  Maybe not now because they are so young, but when they get into school and the kids find out that their dad is Tiger "diddle anything that moves" Woods....yeah, I can see them being affected.

You're right.

affects.  (Sorry, pet peeve.)  But other than that (there there, little peeve, back in your cage!), yes, absolutely right.

Oops.  :-[  You're right, too.

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 12/15/09 at 4:49 pm

Personally, I couldn't care less who Tiger sleeps with.  I can't believe it's still in the news.  

That being said, I did hear a pretty funny joke today:

;D

I heard a terrible one.

Q: What do Tiger Woods and a baby seal have in common?

A: They've both been clubbed by Scandinavians.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/15/09 at 5:25 pm

I wonder if any MEN will come out and claim to have helped Tiger "putt out of the rough", if you know what I mean...    ;) ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/15/09 at 6:54 pm

so I read the number of women is now up to 14. thus far, no allegations of women saying they were forced, all consensual. still waiting for that one.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/16/09 at 11:20 pm

Now there are accusations of Tiger using performance-enhancing drugs.  So I gotta ask, which kind of performance?
???

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/17/09 at 10:58 am

Now there are accusations of Tiger using performance-enhancing drugs.  So I gotta ask, which kind of performance?
???

I have not heard any accusations about The Wood on this.  Just that his doctor has been charged with administering PE drugs to some ath-a-letes.  But no mention of Tiger.

That said, I imagine many golfers would be interested in an elixir that can improve their stroke.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/18/09 at 7:01 am

so I read the number of women is now up to 14. thus far, no allegations of women saying they were forced, all consensual. still waiting for that one.

Seems he was paying some of them to the tune of 20,000 a month.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/18/09 at 7:19 am

There's a word for that.  We're just discussing price.
::)

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/19/09 at 6:57 pm

I ain't sayin' they were gold diggers...
He keeps it up he gon'... no wait, that first bit's exactly what I'm sayin.

There's a word for that.  We're just discussing price. ::)

http://cliqueclack.s3.amazonaws.com/tv/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/southpark-alien2-425x312.png

Do you know what I am saying?

(Why yes, I believe you do.  Why is everybody so hard-of-hearing in this business? :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/19/09 at 10:57 pm

I ain't sayin' they were gold diggers...
He keeps it up he gon'... no wait, that first bit's exactly what I'm sayin.

http://cliqueclack.s3.amazonaws.com/tv/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/southpark-alien2-425x312.png

Do you know what I am saying?

(Why yes, I believe you do.  Why is everybody so hard-of-hearing in this business? :)

That was the best episode of the season!

Check for new replies or respond here...