inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Articles about the 2000's in review

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/09/09 at 7:39 am

Here are some interesting reads of articles in Yahoo reviewing the first decade of the 21st century. Here is the link:

http://news.yahoo.com/decade

The articles range from events of the decade to technology.

Subject: Re: Articles about the 2000's in review

Written By: Starde on 12/10/09 at 10:55 am

Those 9 year olds giving their review on the 2000s make me feel old. :P

Written By: joeman on 12/10/09 at 11:01 am

Weird isn't it?  They most likely can't remember 9/11, which is interesting.  I wonder how schools are teaching the subject today.

Written By: 435wtr on 12/10/09 at 4:18 pm

Those poor kids don't even know what their missing, if someone had asked me what global warming was when I was 9 in 1999 I would have no clue whatsoever. This new generation of children seem to know far more about world issues than mine, but I'm also glad that I had the luxury of experiencing childhood without war, terrorist, and the constant news cycle.

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/11/09 at 8:56 pm

Weird isn't it?  They most likely can't remember 9/11, which is interesting.  I wonder how schools are teaching the subject today.

For every topic, there exists at least one XKCD strip. 

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/scary.png

This time, the joke's on us. 

1940s: 4 years after accepting Japan's delayed invitation, a generation of Americans showed up fashionably late to the party and helped took down Nazi Germany.
1960s: 3 years after the Russians put a satellite in orbit, a generation of American engineers spent 8 years to fly to the moon.
2000s: 9 years after 9/11, and the best we can do is a 9/11 Memorial Hole, even though it's been three years since the punchline was written. 

It's all a joke...  A big fracking joke...

Check for new replies or respond here...