inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Michelle Duggar Gives Birth To 19th Child Via C Section

Written By: ninny on 12/13/09 at 9:43 am

Michelle Duggar welcomed baby number 19 Thursday — earlier than expected..

“Michelle, who has been in the hospital recovering from a gallstone, was taken to the OR for an emergency C-section,” a rep for TLC, which airs her reality show “18 Kids and Counting,” told TMZ Friday morning.

Adds the rep, “The most important thing right now is for Mom and baby Josie to get as much rest as possible. The family is grateful for all the prayers and well wishes during their recovery.”

Josie weighed in at a tiny 1lb 6 ounces. Michelle Duggar was airlifted to a hospital in Little Rock, Arkansas last week after experiencing gallstones.

The C-Section is not Duggar’s first, but the majority of her pregnancies
have ended in a “natural” birth.

The Duggars belive that every child is a gift from God and do not use any contraception

Lets hope the baby is going to be fine and she finally sees this as a sign not to have any more.

Subject: Re: Michelle Duggar Gives Birth To 19th Child Via C Section

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/09 at 9:55 am

Michelle Duggar welcomed baby number 19 Thursday — earlier than expected..

“Michelle, who has been in the hospital recovering from a gallstone, was taken to the OR for an emergency C-section,” a rep for TLC, which airs her reality show “18 Kids and Counting,” told TMZ Friday morning.

Adds the rep, “The most important thing right now is for Mom and baby Josie to get as much rest as possible. The family is grateful for all the prayers and well wishes during their recovery.”

Josie weighed in at a tiny 1lb 6 ounces. Michelle Duggar was airlifted to a hospital in Little Rock, Arkansas last week after experiencing gallstones.

The C-Section is not Duggar’s first, but the majority of her pregnancies
have ended in a “natural” birth.

The Duggars belive that every child is a gift from God and do not use any contraception

Lets hope the baby is going to be fine and she finally sees this as a sign not to have any more.

honestly... I think they are doing it for the TV show now... when that show started it was 17 and counting...that means they've had two more babies since getting on TV  ::)

Written By: Tia on 12/13/09 at 9:55 am

there might be a call in the medical community for combining C-section technology with ZipLoc bag technology to facilitate frequent opening and closing.

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/09 at 10:00 am

there might be a call in the medical community for combining C-section technology with ZipLoc bag technology to facilitate frequent opening and closing.

At this point her eldest could've gone to med school and could be their to deliver their youngest sib.... now that's just tooo much!!!

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/13/09 at 10:04 am

The Duggars .... do not use any contraception

Who woulda thunk it? ???

;D ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/09 at 10:07 am

Who woulda thunk it? ???

;D ;D ;D

damn... they've given us like 19 more voting republicans....stupid duggars!  >:(

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/13/09 at 10:30 am

She is over 40.  Carrying the latest kid has taken it's toll on her body.  Perhaps it's God's way of saying "Ok enough is enough".  I also don't like the fact that the older kids have the burden of raising the younger ones because Mom is too busy popping out another sibling.  I don't think they'd be voting Republican Party, they'd make up their own party.  Wonder what would happen if one of those kids rebelled and said they had doubts about their faith.  Was having that kid be considered a mistake?

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/13/09 at 10:32 am

For some odd reason I am thinking about driving a Volkswagen through an airplane hangar.

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/09 at 10:33 am

She is over 40.  Carrying the latest kid has taken it's toll on her body.  Perhaps it's God's way of saying "Ok enough is enough".  I also don't like the fact that the older kids have the burden of raising the younger ones because Mom is too busy popping out another sibling.  I don't think they'd be voting Republican Party, they'd make up their own party.  Wonder what would happen if one of those kids rebelled and said they had doubts about their faith.  Was having that kid be considered a mistake?

I was wondering about the faith question too because it I bet questioning faith in that household is not allowed!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/13/09 at 10:35 am

I was wondering about the faith question too because it I bet questioning faith in that household is not allowed!

It may happen.  Any exposure to the real world could trigger it.  One can only hope it happens . . . for the sake of progress.

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/09 at 10:37 am

It may happen.  Any exposure to the real world could trigger it.  One can only hope it happens . . . for the sake of progress.

just so long as the girls don't go popping out 19 and the boys don't make their wives pop out 19.... oy can you imagine marrying one of the boys  8-P  I'd be like- up front....no babies popping out of here... you want one...or 19....you figure out how you're gonna have them!  here watch the movie Junior for research!  :P

Written By: danootaandme on 12/13/09 at 10:37 am

The untold truth is that after this many kids her uterus has turned pretty much into Jello.  She has, or will have a condition known as uterine prolapse, where the uterus slips out of place, and in some cases pops out and has to be reinserted.  No more mall shopping for you!

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/09 at 10:40 am

The untold truth is that after this many kids her uterus has turned pretty much into Jello.  She has, or will have a condition known as uterine prolapse, where the uterus slips out of place, and in some cases pops out and has to be reinserted.  No more mall shopping for you!

thanks for the visual!  8-P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/13/09 at 10:41 am

just so long as the girls don't go popping out 19 and the boys don't make their wives pop out 19.... oy can you imagine marrying one of the boys  8-P  I'd be like- up front....no babies popping out of here... you want one...or 19....you figure out how you're gonna have them!  here watch the movie Junior for research!  :P

Their whole existence revolves around popping out as many kids as possible without considering the health of the woman or the mental health of the kids.  The fact that TLC does a show on them is really disturbing.  Btw the men wouldn't even remotely think of having kids. ::)

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/09 at 10:43 am

Their whole existence revolves around popping out as many kids as possible without considering the health of the woman or the mental health of the kids.  The fact that TLC does a show on them is really disturbing.  Btw the men wouldn't even remotely think of having kids. ::)

Seems to be the going thing now... their show... table for 12 and the gosselins... I saw something that said Kate says the kids are having a hard time coping with the cameras gone...  ::)  I wonder when they grow up to be drug addicted, holy terrors will we blame reality tv or the parents?

Written By: Jessica on 12/13/09 at 11:04 am

honestly... I think they are doing it for the TV show now... when that show started it was 17 and counting...that means they've had two more babies since getting on TV  ::)

They started at 15, I thought.  I remember "15 and Counting" for some reason.

The eldest son is married already and they've both said they only want two or three kids, no more.

Oh yeah:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/Funny/vaginastil128548681261234176.jpg

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/13/09 at 11:25 am

Seems to be the going thing now... their show... table for 12 and the gosselins... I saw something that said Kate says the kids are having a hard time coping with the cameras gone...  ::)  I wonder when they grow up to be drug addicted, holy terrors will we blame reality tv or the parents?

I was thinking more along the lines of a religious point of view.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiverfull  This is what some claim is their religion.  Funny thing is if this kind of radicalism were in an Islamic family they would be deported.

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/09 at 11:26 am

The eldest son is married already and they've both said they only want two or three kids, no more.

nope its worse than that... according to IMDB the first show was.....

14 Children and Pregnant Again!  ::)

Written By: ninny on 12/13/09 at 11:31 am

Oh yeah:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/Funny/vaginastil128548681261234176.jpg

Son Jackson who is child # 15 was the first one whose birth was aired on Discovery Health.
This may scare the daughters into not having as many kids as mom did.

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/09 at 11:35 am

I was thinking more along the lines of a religious point of view.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiverfull  This is what some claim is their religion.  Funny thing is if this kind of radicalism were in an Islamic family they would be deported.

reading that made me quiver  ;D

I was just thinking what if one or more them questioned the existence of god period...or decided they like Muslim, Buddhism, or Judaism to the religion they were raised in?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/13/09 at 11:43 am

reading that made me quiver  ;D

I was just thinking what if one or more them questioned the existence of god period...or decided they like Muslim, Buddhism, or Judaism to the religion they were raised in?

They would most likely be disowned.  One thing that puzzles me is the bible suggests numerous times that a person be humble and not involved themselves in "worldly" things.  I think the Duggars are not above hypocrisy.  Amish families are quite large but you don't see them having their own show or be on the cover of People magazine. 

Written By: ninny on 12/13/09 at 11:53 am

I was thinking more along the lines of a religious point of view.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiverfull  This is what some claim is their religion.  Funny thing is if this kind of radicalism were in an Islamic family they would be deported.

I see Andrea Yates was a member of this movement. What would happen if Ma Duggar suddenly lost it.

They would most likely be disowned.  One thing that puzzles me is the bible suggests numerous times that a person be humble and not involved themselves in "worldly" things.  I think the Duggars are not above hypocrisy.  Amish families are quite large but you don't see them having their own show or be on the cover of People magazine. 

The Duggars have changed since the first appearance, they now take the kids rock climbing,playing laser tag, bowling and even got the girls facials..I believe these are "wordly" things.

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/09 at 12:05 pm

the first 15 were for religious reasons...the last four were for ratings... nothing biblical about that.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/13/09 at 12:07 pm

I see Andrea Yates was a member of this movement. What would happen if Ma Duggar suddenly lost it.The Duggars have changed since the first appearance, they now take the kids rock climbing,playing laser tag, bowling and even got the girls facials..I believe these are "wordly" things.

If Ma Duggar ever lost it, Quiverfull would be investigated and probably considered a cult by the FBI.  They didn't do anything when Yates when on her rampage.  Having kids when you're forced to lose your own identity and you have no outlet leads to disaster.  Their religion doesn't address that, let alone care.  Yes, the Duggars are worldly and get 1.5million from the T.V. show a year.  Which is why they can be called hypocrites.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/13/09 at 12:10 pm

the first 15 were for religious reasons...the last four were for ratings... nothing biblical about that.

Someone needs to pull the plug on those people.  Wonder what would happen if they lost everything?  Would the 19 kids still be considered a blessing? 

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/09 at 12:15 pm

Someone needs to pull the plug on those people.  Wonder what would happen if they lost everything?  Would the 19 kids still be considered a blessing? 

oh no... can you consider the welfare for that!  :o

I wonder how much the kids each get paid per ep. Since that money can't be touched  by mom and dad that means the kids are probably set up to go do something with their lives or do absolutely nothing...  :-\\

Written By: Red Ant on 12/13/09 at 12:26 pm

1lb 6 oz? How premature was the baby?

I dunno why there's all the hype for the Duggar family - I've known a fair number of people who were one of 10+ children. My grandmother was one of 13.

Ant

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/09 at 12:29 pm

I dunno why there's all the hype for the Duggar family - I've known a fair number of people who were one of 10+ children. My grandmother was one of 13.

Ant

I'm just one...can't imagine sharing with another one let alone +10

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/13/09 at 1:08 pm

Ant

My Mom was the oldest of 8.  I think it's the whole thing of back in your grandmother's day people didn't make a big production out of having a large family.  No TV shows, no multimillion dollar contracts and kids weren't put out their like an oddity.  I can see where you're coming from though.  My Mom has said she loved having 7 younger siblings.  My Grandmother babysat every kid in her neighborhood for years up until her death.  She loved kids but she wasn't attention seeking about that love.  If she was they would have done a TV series about her.  I guess I don't like the whole motive of the Duggars putting their whole family out on display for cash and fame.  Even if they do claim it's all done for God.

Written By: ninny on 12/13/09 at 1:26 pm

Ant

The baby was due March 18th

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/09 at 1:34 pm

My Mom was the oldest of 8.  I think it's the whole thing of back in your grandmother's day people didn't make a big production out of having a large family.  No TV shows, no multimillion dollar contracts and kids weren't put out their like an oddity.  I can see where you're coming from though.  My Mom has said she loved having 7 younger siblings.  My Grandmother babysat every kid in her neighborhood for years up until her death.  She loved kids but she wasn't attention seeking about that love.  If she was they would have done a TV series about her.  I guess I don't like the whole motive of the Duggars putting their whole family out on display for cash and fame.  Even if they do claim it's all done for God.

my mom is one of 6 girls...they had 3 and then 3 (there's a brother in the middle of the two sets of three but he fell out of a tree and died or something)  anyway... the first set of three each had 6 kids... the second set of three... my mom's group had: 0, 1 and 1  ;D  wonder how badly they felt shafted to not have a lot of kids  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Jessica on 12/13/09 at 1:56 pm

Ant

My dad is one of 14.  Holidays are rather interesting when the whole family is gathered....

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/13/09 at 1:59 pm

My mom was one of 7 (coming from same mom but 3 differant fathers).  It's always a nice time getting together, everybody works together.
I only had one brother and while we're close, he is very reclusive and introverted (even worse then I am).  I think I sort of missed having someone be my friend and just care about me no matter what.  

I have watched the Duggars occasionally for years now.  It's very... fascinating to say the least.  Both the size of the family but also the religious aspect of the upbringing.  The oldest Duggar kid got married last year (I think) and had a kid this year.  

So I'm just babbling now, but I wish the family well and I hope the baby is healthy and grows to be strong.  And who knows, once the Duggars get old there will be plenty of people to take care of them (which is kind of a perk).

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/13/09 at 3:54 pm

That happened to one of my friends.  No joke.  I can't even fathom.

As for the Duggars...I noticed that the kids were wearing buttons in the photo.  Do you think it's so that the parent's can remember the kids names?

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/13/09 at 4:03 pm

I wonder if there is any way that the doctors could shim it up? ???

Written By: danootaandme on 12/13/09 at 5:04 pm

Yeah, they can do that, something like a diaphragm that has inserted, but has to be changed and sterilized on a daily basis.  Surgical repair is probably something that would have to wait until she is done baby-making.

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/09 at 5:04 pm

Yeah, they can do that, something like a diaphragm that has inserted, but has to be changed and sterilized on a daily basis.  Surgical repair is probably something that would have to wait until she is done baby-making.

so when she's what... 70?

Written By: danootaandme on 12/13/09 at 5:06 pm

so when she's what... 70?

How old is she now, by the way.  How many more years of this do those poor kids have to endure?

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/09 at 5:06 pm

How old is she now, by the way.  How many more years of this do those poor kids have to endure?

lol... she I'm guessing 40s

Written By: danootaandme on 12/13/09 at 5:07 pm

So this could go on for another 10 years, give or take.

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/09 at 5:08 pm

lol... she I'm guessing 40s

Holy crap! She's just a year older than me... that's just wrong.. I mean I can't imagine having one kid... 19 seems even more absurd now!

DOB 9/13/66

Written By: whistledog on 12/13/09 at 6:27 pm

They need to change the name of this show to "That woman who can't keep her legs closed".  I mean seriously, 19 kids?  It's unfair to the other kids. 

The Duggars ain't rich, so what happens come Christmas time?  18 kids, small inexpensive gifts?  Merry Christmas!  Here's a ...

- 6 pack of no. 2 pencils
- Calendar from 1984 with Mr. T on it!
- Ribbon for a dot matrix printer
- Paper airplane
- Bottle of Water
- Kevin Federline CD
- Blank VHS Cassette
- Blank Audio Cassette Tape
- 10 pack of Paper Plates
- Atari 2600 Game Cartridge
- Pokemon Sticker Set
- Shoelaces
- Used trophy that reads "1991 World Champion of Fly Swatting"
- Water Bottle that reads "Niagara Galls" (misprint)
- Package of Thumb Tacks
- 45 RPM record:  'The Most Beautiful Girl in the World' by Charlie Rich
- Book:  '101 Bug Jokes'
- Twix Chocolate Bar

Don't fight over the Twix :D

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/09 at 6:30 pm

they probably just make each other gifts...  wrap the good hand me downs or draw for secret santas

Written By: ninny on 12/13/09 at 6:51 pm

they probably just make each other gifts...  wrap the good hand me downs or draw for secret santas

I don't think that they are that bad off, they own commercial real estate and rent out property. They pay for everything with cash or debit cards and owe no money so they are not in debt.They manage to travel all across the country and I'm sure are paid soundly for appearances I know the oldest son own his own used car dealership and the family has at least 3 or more vehicles in the driveway every episode.I believe they spend over $ 2,000 a month in groceries alone.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/13/09 at 6:54 pm

I'm just one...can't imagine sharing with another one let alone +10

I'm just one of two, so I know what it's like to have a sibling.

I would go insane if I had more sisters/brothers.

Written By: Jessica on 12/13/09 at 7:18 pm

The Duggars ain't rich, so what happens come Christmas time?

Where did you get that from?  As ninny pointed out, they do have real estate and such and rent it out.  Jim Bob and Michelle are both real estate agents, so I'm assuming they're savvy with those rental investments.  I'm assuming they also get paid for the show and appearances and the books they write, etc.

That is one thing I do admire them for, they are debt free and they aren't squandering the money they make from everything, except on having kids. :D

Written By: Dagwood on 12/13/09 at 8:34 pm

That is one thing I do admire them for, they are debt free and they aren't squandering the money they make from everything, except on having kids. :D

I also like that we aren't supporting them..**cough,octomom,cough**

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/09 at 11:06 pm

I also like that we aren't supporting them..**chough,octomom,cough**

http://www.engageselling.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/bender-applause.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/14/09 at 12:53 am

thanks for the visual!  8-P

I've seen photos of the actual condition in medical textbooks.  Quite a sight to behold, I must say!

It was not uncommon 200 years ago for a woman to give birth 10, 12, even 16 times.  Most of them died as infants or small children.  Perhaps 3 in a family of 10 would survive to adulthood. 

This last one was a C-section.  in 1709, and perhaps even 1909, that woulda been curtains for mom.  A lot of mothers died in childbirth too. 

Then once obstetrics became safe and reliable and contraception became readily available folks were happy to settle for the 2-5 kids they would have had survive to adulthood in the old days.  Heck, when you don't need 'em as farm hands, what's the point?

Occasionally in our times you get:
a. People who love to screw and don't know what those little rubber things are, or
b. People afflicted with a birthing fetish, like these two clowns!
::)

Written By: ninny on 12/14/09 at 5:07 am

Quiverful religion: motivations
Missionary effort

Quiverfull's principal authors and its adherents also describe their motivation as a missionary effort to raise up many Christian children to affect the world for the cause of the Christian religion. Its distinguishing viewpoint is to eagerly receive children as blessings from God, eschewing all forms of contraception, including natural family planning and sterilization.

*Missionary Effort + Missionary postion ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/14/09 at 6:00 pm

I don't think that they are that bad off, they own commercial real estate and rent out property. They pay for everything with cash or debit cards and owe no money so they are not in debt.They manage to travel all across the country and I'm sure are paid soundly for appearances I know the oldest son own his own used car dealership and the family has at least 3 or more vehicles in the driveway every episode.I believe they spend over $ 2,000 a month in groceries alone.

I can appreciate being debt free and not owning credit cards.  That takes skill . . . a lot of it.  I wonder if they would sell or rent property who is not a Christian.  One would hope that they don't expect people to be like them or they won't do business with them.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/14/09 at 7:13 pm

Missionary effort

Quiverfull's principal authors and its adherents also describe their motivation as a missionary effort to raise up many Christian children to affect the world for the cause of the Christian religion. Its distinguishing viewpoint is to eagerly receive children as blessings from God, eschewing all forms of contraception, including natural family planning and sterilization.

*Missionary Effort + Missionary postion ;D

LOL...  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/15/09 at 8:17 pm

Missionary effort

You mean the so-called "rhythm method"?  That's the one the Catholic church finally said was okay -- because it's bound to fail sooner or later.

Now, let's have a ding-dong, shall we?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kJHQpvgB8

Written By: ninny on 12/16/09 at 5:58 am

You mean the so-called "rhythm method"?  That's the one the Catholic church finally said was okay -- because it's bound to fail sooner or later.

Good one..I come from a Catholic background, but my parents didn't have "rhythm" because I only have one sister. ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/16/09 at 7:44 am

I'm thinking Mr. Duggar has plenty 'o' rhythm.  And possibly a pair of snow shoes too.    ;)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/16/09 at 2:43 pm

God has blessed them so much, they can't afford to keep them. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/16/09 at 11:13 pm

God has blessed them so much, they can't afford to keep them. 

I love the follow-up sketch:

Harry Blackitt: Look at them, bloody Catholics, filling the bloody world up with bloody people they can't afford to bloody feed.
Mrs. Blackitt: What are we dear?
Harry Blackitt: Protestant, and fiercely proud of it.
Mrs. Blackitt: Hmm. Well, why do they have so many children?
Harry Blackitt: Because... every time they have sexual intercourse, they have to have a baby.
Mrs. Blackitt: But it's the same with us, Harry.
Harry Blackitt: What do you mean?
Mrs. Blackitt: Well, I mean, we've got two children, and we've had sexual intercourse twice....
:P

Written By: ninny on 12/17/09 at 6:51 am

I love the follow-up sketch:

Harry Blackitt: Look at them, bloody Catholics, filling the bloody world up with bloody people they can't afford to bloody feed.
Mrs. Blackitt: What are we dear?
Harry Blackitt: Protestant, and fiercely proud of it.
Mrs. Blackitt: Hmm. Well, why do they have so many children?
Harry Blackitt: Because... every time they have sexual intercourse, they have to have a baby.
Mrs. Blackitt: But it's the same with us, Harry.
Harry Blackitt: What do you mean?
Mrs. Blackitt: Well, I mean, we've got two children, and we've had sexual intercourse twice....

;D

Written By: ninny on 12/17/09 at 6:53 am

* Update:
The Duggar family's 19th child, Josie Brooklyn, who was born nearly three months premature weighing less than 2 pounds, is giving her famous family something to smile about these days: She's taking breast milk.

Freda Ruark, sister of mom Michelle Duggar, said that after three breast milk feedings, Josie Brooklyn was able to keep down two.

"The baby is doing great," said Ruark, who has spoken to her sister and her sister's husband, Jim Bob, every day since her niece was born.

"Josie is holding her own. As long as she can get some of that breast milk, that will help build up her immune system."

Jim Bob Duggar sent an e-mail to ABCNews.com earlier today about his wife's and daughter's condition. "Hello from the Duggar Family," he wrote. "We are so grateful for all of the prayers and emails of support for our family since Josie Brooklyn Duggar was born 12-10-09. Michelle is from the emergency c-section and is doing better. Josie is beautiful and in stable condition."

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/17/09 at 4:35 pm

"Jim Bob"?

Isn't there enough confusion around that house without daddy having two names?

:-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/17/09 at 4:57 pm

"Jim Bob"?

Obviously, Max, you would not have fit in with the Waltons family.    ;D

They had not only a Jim Bob but also a John Boy and a Mary Ellen.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/17/09 at 7:25 pm

Obviously, Max, you would not have fit in with the Waltons family.    ;D

They had not only a Jim Bob but also a John Boy and a Mary Ellen.

Well, the Appalachians had only a few names to play around with, so you might have two Susans in your family, so one says "Who me?" and the grandpa says, "No Susan Ellen

Written By: ninny on 12/18/09 at 6:37 am

"Jim Bob"?

Jim Bob that's a good ole boy name. They actually  have three kid with two names..John- David, Joy-Anna &Jordyn-Grace
I see December is a big month for them 5 of the kids have birthdays. Jinger December 21,1993..Jedidiah &Jeremiah Dec 30,1998
Jordyn-Grace Makiya December 18,2008 and Josie Brooklyn December 10,2009

Written By: danootaandme on 12/18/09 at 6:55 am

What does it say about this family that all the names start with J as in Jim, but none with M as in Michelle?  That, to me, is the most telling-odd-warped vision of a sick sorry relationship.

Written By: ninny on 12/18/09 at 7:40 am

What does it say about this family that all the names start with J as in Jim, but none with M as in Michelle?  That, to me, is the most telling-odd-warped vision of a sick sorry relationship.

From what I remember they named the first 3 with J names and just went from there. I see that eldest son Josh first baby is Mackynzie  maybe he will use the M initial.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/18/09 at 12:58 pm

This is what their religious views call for.  It's the purist for of Patriarchy I've seen in a long time.  Michelle has no real life of her own.  Sad thing is that she has accepted this.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/18/09 at 9:39 pm

From what I remember they named the first 3 with J names and just went from there. I see that eldest son Josh first baby is Mackynzie  maybe he will use the M initial.

Mackynzie?  That's a stripper name.  Talk about your whyteé trayäsh!

8-P

Written By: ninny on 12/19/09 at 3:07 am

8-P

Yeah I think they got it from a cousin, who had that name but spelled it different.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/19/09 at 9:49 am

8-P

....or a passive aggressive "fudge you dad".

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/19/09 at 2:24 pm

Yeah I think they got it from a cousin, who had that name but spelled it different.

I knew a guy named Rick, but he didn't spell it Rick, he spelled it Ryq.

It's even funnier when guys do the funny-spelling names game!
;D

Written By: ninny on 12/19/09 at 3:06 pm

It's funny how they went from naming there kids bible names Joshua,Joseph,Josiah, Jedidiah, Jeremiah,James,Johannah to the last one who is Josie Brooklyn, are they trying to be hip with Brooklyn.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/19/09 at 3:41 pm

It's funny how they went from naming there kids bible names Joshua,Joseph,Josiah, Jedidiah, Jeremiah,James,Johannah to the last one who is Josie Brooklyn, are they trying to be hip with Brooklyn.

New York is heathen and possibly hell bound.  She's named for a target for their holy crusade.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/19/09 at 5:42 pm

New York is heathen and possibly hell bound.  She's named for a target for their holy crusade.

They've been to New York several times now to be on the "Today Show", perhaps they are following the trend of some celebrities (such as Ron Howard) who have named their children where they'd been conceived.  :D :o ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/19/09 at 6:24 pm

I knew a guy named Rick, but he didn't spell it Rick, he spelled it Ryq.

It's even funnier when guys do the funny-spelling names game!
;D

Slyq Ryq ?

I live near an urban area... You talk about the funny-spelling names game, I've seen it all, most of it just phonetic gibberish...

And I have a former coworker who has named each of her sons after a different brand of 18-wheeler truck.  Yep, they have a kid named Autocar and another named Kenworth.  Don't know why they haven't had a Mack yet.

Written By: ninny on 12/19/09 at 7:33 pm

They've been to New York several times now to be on the "Today Show", perhaps they are following the trend of some celebrities (such as Ron Howard) who have named their children where they'd been conceived.   :D :o ;D

Have to look into that, they claim she got pregnant on fathers Day.. I wonder where there were

Slyq Ryq ?

I live near an urban area... You talk about the funny-spelling names game, I've seen it all, most of it just phonetic gibberish...

And I have a former coworker who has named each of her sons after a different brand of 18-wheeler truck.  Yep, they have a kid named Autocar and another named Kenworth.  Don't know why they haven't had a Mack yet.

Good God if I would pick any of those names Mack would of been my first choice.

Written By: Jessica on 12/19/09 at 7:57 pm

Well, after hearing that my friend lost her premature baby the day after Michelle Duggar pez-ed out another human being that was also premature, I just can't bring myself to care about the Duggars anymore.  I just keep thinking to myself how totally unfair the Universe can be at times, where a woman who has ten trillion kids can give birth to another one and get cheers and support from perfect strangers, while my friend loses her firstborn, who actually weighed more and was further along than the other baby, and no one beyond her friends or family give a damn.

That's not to say that I wish something had happened to Duggar #19, I just think the fate/god/whatever sucks right now.

I don't know if I explained that right, but yeah.  Life can be shyt at times. :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/19/09 at 10:56 pm

Slyq Ryq ?

And I have a former coworker who has named each of her sons after a different brand of 18-wheeler truck.  Yep, they have a kid named Autocar and another named Kenworth.  Don't know why they haven't had a Mack yet.

Kenworth, you just call him Ken, no prob.  Autocar better learn to beat up every kid on the playground so he can be at peace from the jokes.  That happens to kids with funny names sometimes.  There was a kid in my school named Lee Richards.  His real name was Cleon, which is a cool name -- Athenian statesman, kicked Spartan ass -- but not when you're in fifth grade.  "Hey there, Klingon!"  So it was an open secret that Lee Richards' real name was Cleon, but if you called him Cleon, he'd clean your clock!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/buck.gif

Anyway, Sarah Palin wanted to have a kid and name him Zamboni.  You know, after the famous brand of hockey rink resurfacer.  She said so herself.  It's a little late in the pregnancy game for Sarah, but there's always adoption.  Zamboni Koho Palin.  I like that!

Written By: ninny on 12/20/09 at 5:12 am

Well, after hearing that my friend lost her premature baby the day after Michelle Duggar pez-ed out another human being that was also premature, I just can't bring myself to care about the Duggars anymore.  I just keep thinking to myself how totally unfair the Universe can be at times, where a woman who has ten trillion kids can give birth to another one and get cheers and support from perfect strangers, while my friend loses her firstborn, who actually weighed more and was further along than the other baby, and no one beyond her friends or family give a damn.

That's not to say that I wish something had happened to Duggar #19, I just think the fate/god/whatever sucks right now.

I don't know if I explained that right, but yeah.  Life can be shyt at times. :-\\

Sorry to hear that. :\'(

Written By: ninny on 12/20/09 at 5:17 am

Kenworth, you just call him Ken, no prob.  Autocar better learn to beat up every kid on the playground so he can be at peace from the jokes.  That happens to kids with funny names sometimes.  There was a kid in my school named Lee Richards.  His real name was Cleon, which is a cool name -- Athenian statesman, kicked Spartan ass -- but not when you're in fifth grade.  "Hey there, Klingon!"  So it was an open secret that Lee Richards' real name was Cleon, but if you called him Cleon, he'd clean your clock!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/buck.gif

Anyway, Sarah Palin wanted to have a kid and name him Zamboni.  You know, after the famous brand of hockey rink resurfacer.  She said so herself.  It's a little late in the pregnancy game for Sarah, but there's always adoption.  Zamboni Koho Palin.  I like that!

When my son was in high school I asked what names would he pick when he has kids, he picked Augustus & Julius Caesar. Now he is in college and that has changed to the names of people on Scrubs..pretty soon it will be House. ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/20/09 at 8:03 am

Well at least its not a name like Chlamidia or V'Gina, both names for kids in my town.  ::)

Written By: nondiva234 on 12/23/09 at 2:14 am

Well at least its not a name like Chlamidia or V'Gina, both names for kids in my town.  ::)

Oh dear.... :o I'll try hard not to laugh...

Written By: ninny on 01/12/10 at 12:35 pm

Well Josie is now over a month old and seems to be doing well, I haven't heard anything about birth defects yet.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/13/10 at 7:25 am

I was at the beach this summer and a woman was calling her kids "Lexus!... Diamante!)    ::)

Written By: ninny on 01/13/10 at 10:32 am

I was at the beach this summer and a woman was calling her kids "Lexus!... Diamante!)    ::)

She likes J names so Jeep Wrangler maybe ;D

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/13/10 at 11:21 am

The untold truth is that after this many kids her uterus has turned pretty much into Jello.  She has, or will have a condition known as uterine prolapse, where the uterus slips out of place, and in some cases pops out and has to be reinserted.  No more mall shopping for you!

That happened to one of my friends.  No joke.  I can't even fathom.

I've seen photos of the actual condition in medical textbooks.  Quite a sight to behold, I must say!

I had this after 3 (not complete, only partial) so I can't imagine how bad hers is after 19 :o  Yes, it can be "shimmed" (nice visual, LB ;) )with something called a "pessary"(sp?), but Danoota is right, they won't do it if you're planning on having more kids because the damage would be irreparable.  The other alternative is a hysterectomy, which I'm sure she wouldn't consent to unless her life was in danger.  And no, Maxwell, it's NOT pleasant.

Written By: snozberries on 01/13/10 at 6:29 pm

Oy!  ;D

Written By: ninny on 01/19/10 at 11:35 am

On Sunday January 31st they will broadcast the birth of Josie on TLC at 8:00pm.

Written By: ninny on 01/28/10 at 1:53 pm

Baby Josie Brooklyn Duggar is said to be doing well. In a report from the Insider, it appears as if Michelle and Jim Bob are speaking out about their seven week old premature daughter.

At birth, Josie weighed 1 pound 6 ounces. She now weighs 2 pounds 3 ounces, which is still tiny but at least she is gaining weight.

Written By: Bobby on 01/30/10 at 5:29 pm

It seems this lady took the 'children are an inheritance from God' scripture literally, hoping to cash in at a later date, lol.

Is Michelle Duggar a Catholic? I know they don't condone contraception and just read that it's because the pill doesn't stop the egg from fertilising, it only stops it from planting which, in their eyes, would be classed as an abortion. If the man used a condom then wouldn't that stop the sperm reaching the egg, therefore fertilisation would not take place?

Written By: danootaandme on 01/31/10 at 5:17 am

It seems this lady took the 'children are an inheritance from God' scripture literally, hoping to cash in at a later date, lol.

Is Michelle Duggar a Catholic? I know they don't condone contraception and just read that it's because the pill doesn't stop the egg from fertilising, it only stops it from planting which, in their eyes, would be classed as an abortion. If the man used a condom then wouldn't that stop the sperm reaching the egg, therefore fertilisation would not take place?

Actually, strict Catholic doctrine says that sex is for procreation only.  If you are doing it just because you like it, well they are saving you a hot seat down where all sinners go. 

Written By: ninny on 01/31/10 at 6:44 am

They are conserative Baptist who endorse the Quiverfull movement and the teachings of Bill Gothard.

Written By: Bobby on 01/31/10 at 10:45 am

Actually, strict Catholic doctrine says that sex is for procreation only.  If you are doing it just because you like it, well they are saving you a hot seat down where all sinners go. 

Hmmmm. Now I don't get that. It says in the bible that God is love and it also acknowledges pleasure in sexual matters within the confines of marriage .

For God to create a body designed for sexual pleasure and then deprive his creation of that pleasure isn't showing love, he is being cruel. That's like creating fruit trees and telling his creation they can eat from it but can't enjoy it. Yes, I am sure there are religious people out there having sex saying to themselves; "No, I'm not enjoying this. I am determined not to have an orgasm" yet, like in Michelle Duggar's case, she can't be finding the whole thing that awful if she has had 19 kids as a result of it.

Written By: Bobby on 01/31/10 at 10:58 am

They are conserative Baptist who endorse the Quiverfull movement and the teachings of Bill Gothard.

I did a little research on Bill Gothard, maybe someone could help deny/validate these quirks.

In 1986, he taught that the highly popular Cabbage Patch Dolls were causing strange and destructive behavior in children that could only be alleviated when the dolls were removed or destroyed.

At his Advanced Seminars in 1983, Gothard introduced sex regulations based upon Old Testament commands. Under the session titled “Six Purposes, Principles, and Keys To Fulfillment In The Marriage Relationship,” he told married couples to abstain from physical relations: 1. During the wife’s menstrual cycle; 2. Seven days after the cycles; 3. 40 days after the birth of a son; 4. 80 days after the birth of a daughter; and 5. The evening prior to worship.

Gothard suggests that a man keep track of his wife’s menstrual cycle and use it as a reminder of the sufferings and death of Jesus, then quotes Isaiah 53:4-5. This is unnecessary as Jesus already gave us the reminder of his suffering and death by the ordinance of The Lord’s Supper (1 Corinthians 11:26).

Gothard launched his campaign against contemporary musical artists in two published booklets: Notice of Complaint Against The Unrecognized Enemy of The Church and Contemporary Christian Music: Ten Reasons Why the Rock Beat is Evil In Any Form. He again sought to bolster his point of view through a collection of witnesses who testified to the validity of his position.

Written By: ninny on 01/31/10 at 11:10 am

I did a little research on Bill Gothard, maybe someone could help deny/validate these quirks.

In 1986, he taught that the highly popular Cabbage Patch Dolls were causing strange and destructive behavior in children that could only be alleviated when the dolls were removed or destroyed.

At his Advanced Seminars in 1983, Gothard introduced sex regulations based upon Old Testament commands. Under the session titled “Six Purposes, Principles, and Keys To Fulfillment In The Marriage Relationship,” he told married couples to abstain from physical relations: 1. During the wife’s menstrual cycle; 2. Seven days after the cycles; 3. 40 days after the birth of a son; 4. 80 days after the birth of a daughter; and 5. The evening prior to worship.

Gothard suggests that a man keep track of his wife’s menstrual cycle and use it as a reminder of the sufferings and death of Jesus, then quotes Isaiah 53:4-5. This is unnecessary as Jesus already gave us the reminder of his suffering and death by the ordinance of The Lord’s Supper (1 Corinthians 11:26).

Gothard launched his campaign against contemporary musical artists in two published booklets: Notice of Complaint Against The Unrecognized Enemy of The Church and Contemporary Christian Music: Ten Reasons Why the Rock Beat is Evil In Any Form. He again sought to bolster his point of view through a collection of witnesses who testified to the validity of his position.

I never did any research on him,so I can't verify anything. I do know that the Duggars don't believe in dancing and do listen to Christian music,on one show they went to an Ethiopian restaurant and there were people performing a dance and you could tell the Duggar's were quite embarrassed by the whole thing.

Written By: ninny on 01/31/10 at 11:18 am

Hmmmm. Now I don't get that. It says in the bible that God is love and it also acknowledges pleasure in sexual matters within the confines of marriage .

For God to create a body designed for sexual pleasure and then deprive his creation of that pleasure isn't showing love, he is being cruel. That's like creating fruit trees and telling his creation they can eat from it but can't enjoy it. Yes, I am sure there are religious people out there having sex saying to themselves; "No, I'm not enjoying this. I am determined not to have an orgasm" yet, like in Michelle Duggar's case, she can't be finding the whole thing that awful if she has had 19 kids as a result of it.

Well I grow up Catholic and I don't remember any of my relatives telling me that once I got married I need to procreate, I do remember being fearful of an angry God if I had sex before getting married (that fear went away at 24 when I wasn't getting to many proposals)
I also remember when I was a teenager hearing my parents..um and I know they weren't looking to make any more kids

Written By: Bobby on 01/31/10 at 11:42 am

I never did any research on him,so I can't verify anything. I do know that the Duggars don't believe in dancing and do listen to Christian music,on one show they went to an Ethiopian restaurant and there were people performing a dance and you could tell the Duggar's were quite embarrassed by the whole thing.

Ha ha. Poor Duggar's. How are they gonna do it if you really don’t want to dance by standing on the wall?

Written By: ninny on 01/31/10 at 11:56 am

Ha ha. Poor Duggar's. How are they gonna do it if you really don’t want to dance by standing on the wall?

The kids did a lot of rolling their eyes,the parents were more polite and said they were not use to such things.

Written By: Bobby on 01/31/10 at 12:14 pm

Well I grow up Catholic and I don't remember any of my relatives telling me that once I got married I need to procreate, I do remember being fearful of an angry God if I had sex before getting married (that fear went away at 24 when I wasn't getting to many proposals)
I also remember when I was a teenager hearing my parents..um and I know they weren't looking to make any more kids

According to what I understand from Danoota, it's not the need to procreate but if you do have sex that's the only reason why.

I really want to be open-minded about religion and a theological debate seems a little off-topic here but I was bought up a Jehovah's Witness and that has some rather interesting quirks to it too. What I do know, and this is a logical statement not a theological one, that God not only is a God of love but also a God of justice and it mentions in the same verse shortly afterwards (to words of this effect); 'but the offspring of the wicked ones will be cut off'. It doesn't mention torture or torment, cut off simply means the wicked will be removed from him.

When God has dealt justice to the wrong-doers in the bible (Adam and Eve, Pharoah and the Egyptians, The days of Noah, Sodom and Gomorrah - Lot's wife looked back and turned into salt,  etc etc) the end result is usually death, no torment. Ironically, the only person that springs to mind who was tormented horribly in the bible was God's own Job and that wasn't by God, that was Satan the devil who argued that Job only loved him because of what he could get. God had to allow Satan to do his dirty work to test Job's faith to see if his argument stood. Job remained faithful despite everything, proving Satan wrong and God blessed Job with more than he had before. Job died a satisfied man.

So now we understand God to be a God of love and justice, it seems ludicrous to believe that even if we sin all our lives (say for example up to 80 or 90 years old), torture and torment for eternity from God is neither loving or just.

Written By: Bobby on 01/31/10 at 12:16 pm

The kids did a lot of rolling their eyes,the parents were more polite and said they were not use to such things.

Heard 'Get down on it' by Kool and the Gang? I was quoting the song.  ;D

Awww, it seems so unbalanced that a woman can have 19 kids and yet not allowed to dance.

Written By: ninny on 01/31/10 at 2:12 pm

Awww, it seems so unbalanced that a woman can have 19 kids and yet not allowed to dance.

Yes,I think a lot of people who are home schooled have the same views.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/31/10 at 4:39 pm

The Horizontal Bop?  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 01/31/10 at 5:00 pm

The Horizontal Bop?   ;D

Ha ha, yeah she can do the bedroom bang all right.  ;D

Written By: ninny on 02/01/10 at 7:23 am

I watched the show last night.The baby was so tiny but she must be a fighter, she'll be 2 months on the 10th.

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/02/10 at 8:55 pm

Is Michelle Duggar a Catholic?

No, way farther off the deep end than a that.  She's an inspiration to the Quiverfull movement, which is a purely Protestant invention.

Not content to view their offspring as tomorrow's spiritual soldiers (which just about every religious group has done from time to time), the QF folks - to update their quiver/arrow/bow analogy for modern times - view their offspring not even as as soldiers, but as bullets.  In their defense, their metaphor officially considers "the home" to be both the magazine and the gun, rather than some part of human anatomy.  At least in polite company.

Crazy SOB, isn't he? :)

When everyone from Daily Kos and In These Times and Talk2Action, to a (judging from their Statement of Belief) mainstream Evangelical Christians like the ones behind PFO are smelling smoke, there's fire.

And no, Bill Gothard wouldn't qualify as "polite company" with regards to the rather tame version of the metaphor I laid out up there.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/03/10 at 7:48 am

In their defense, their metaphor officially considers "the home" to be both the magazine and the gun, rather than some part of human anatomy.  At least in polite company.

OHHHHHH MANNNNNN!!!!!  QUIVERFULL!  ;D  You can't make this stuff up!!!!    ;D ;D ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/05/10 at 11:37 pm

OHHHHHH MANNNNNN!!!!!  QUIVERFULL!   ;D   You can't make this stuff up!!!!    ;D ;D ;D

Any pun you could make is too obvious.  You have to rely on the Jon Stewart shrug and eye roll!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nixweiss.gif

Written By: Bobby on 02/06/10 at 6:55 am

No, way farther off the deep end than a that.  She's an inspiration to the Quiverfull movement, which is a purely Protestant invention.

Not content to view their offspring as tomorrow's spiritual soldiers (which just about every religious group has done from time to time), the QF folks - to update their quiver/arrow/bow analogy for modern times - view their offspring not even as as soldiers, but as bullets.  In their defense, their metaphor officially considers "the home" to be both the magazine and the gun, rather than some part of human anatomy.  At least in polite company.

Crazy SOB, isn't he? :)

When everyone from Daily Kos and In These Times and Talk2Action, to a (judging from their Statement of Belief) mainstream Evangelical Christians like the ones behind PFO are smelling smoke, there's fire.

And no, Bill Gothard wouldn't qualify as "polite company" with regards to the rather tame version of the metaphor I laid out up there.

Strange, the only reason why I deal with the Jehovah's Witnesses is they don't deal in one man, they have an organisation made up of hundreds of people and even then I question those people from time to time. Blind faith is dangerous and fortunately the Witnesses don't encourage it. I think I said the above statement because it would be wrong for me to say this group is off-kilter when my religion has been accused of the same.

According to Gothard, with so many conditions when sex is not right it makes you wonder how the Duggar's reached 19, lol.

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/08/10 at 9:37 pm

According to Gothard, with so many conditions when sex is not right it makes you wonder how the Duggar's reached 19, lol.

Consider the converse:  If they're living up to the strictest possible interpretation of their religious code, then for at least 8 months at a time, there shouldn't be anything sexual going on in that house. 

Written By: apollonia1986 on 02/08/10 at 10:00 pm

I couldn't imagine have 19 children. I'd run out of names and probably  tie my tubes myself. I'd like to have 2 children, one of each. And that's at the most.

I'm not planning on having my kids sing and dance to support me.  ;D But if the Duggars could sing pop music, they'd blow the Osmonds out the water! LOL.  :)

Written By: Bobby on 02/09/10 at 4:29 pm

Consider the converse:  If they're living up to the strictest possible interpretation of their religious code, then for at least 8 months at a time, there shouldn't be anything sexual going on in that house. 

The parents must be begging for a powercut. Any excuse...  ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/10/10 at 9:22 pm

The parents must be begging for a powercut. Any excuse...  ;D

Nope.  Doesn't matter if the lights are on or not.  Plenty of nookie from now until the next cycle, but no nookie from the positive pregnancy test for the next 9 months until #20 pops out.

Written By: snozberries on 02/10/10 at 10:20 pm

I couldn't imagine have 19 children. I'd run out of names and probably  tie my tubes myself. I'd like to have 2 children, one of each. And that's at the most.

I'm not planning on having my kids sing and dance to support me.  ;D But if the Duggars could sing pop music, they'd blow the Osmonds out the water! LOL.  :)

lets see...

Michael
Prince
Michelle
Princess
Michael 2
Michael 3
Prince 2
Prince 3

welll you get the point  :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/13/10 at 11:40 pm

I dunno if they run outta names, but three things they don't run out of are, apparently, time, energy, ova, and baby batter! 

"Be fruitful and multiply" worked when 15 of 19 children died before the age of five.  When the number of your children starts approaching and exponential equation, perhaps the Lord will allow you to tie a knot in it!
::)

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 02/14/10 at 7:48 am

The stray, wild cat that I try to feed and has had three litters this year would look at this woman in amazement!  :D

Written By: Bobby on 02/14/10 at 11:05 am

The stray, wild cat that I try to feed and has had three litters this year would look at this woman in amazement!  :D

Ha ha, nice one 80sTrivMeister.

Written By: ninny on 04/11/10 at 7:27 am

*Update*..Baby Josie has finally left the hospital:  Micropremie Josie Duggar Leaves Hospital

After nearly four months in neonatal intensive care, Duggar baby No. 19, Josie Brooklyn, is finally leaving the hospital.

"We're grateful for the prayers of thousands," Jim Bob Duggar tells PEOPLE as he and wife Michelle left Arkansas Children's Hospital on Tuesday with Josie. "We are so happy," adds Michelle. "We are so excited, we are running on adrenaline. I have been getting into the routine of every three hours feeding, diapering and taking her temperature. We are so encouraged that she is doing so well."

As they drove away from the hospital, her physician, Dr. Robert Arrington said, "This is the first time Josie has seen sunlight." She was born on Dec. 10 via emergency C-section at just 25 weeks' gestation. Weighing just 1 lb. 6 oz., the micropremie fought for her life, surviving a bowel perforation at only 8 days old.
Today, Josie weighs 4 lbs. 9 oz., is breathing without oxygen, eating every three hours and stable enough to go home, says Arrington. It's a bittersweet day for the staff. "I will miss being around the baby and the family," Arrington says. "They are very nice people. But they've told me they will stay in touch and come by the nursery to let us see her."

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/11/10 at 10:07 pm

19 kids?!?  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Even Ron Jeremy could do her and it'd still be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway.  :P

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/15/10 at 7:58 pm

Even Ron Jeremy could do her and it'd still be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway.  :P

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr84/GreenM500/hotdog_hallwayMedium.jpg

Somebody rang?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/15/10 at 10:39 pm

More like throwing a Slim Jim down the Lincoln Tunnel!

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/16/10 at 12:43 am

More like throwing a Slim Jim down the Lincoln Tunnel!

I'll see your Slim Jim and Lincoln tunnel and raise (or is that descend?) you a Vienna Sausage into Valles Marineris!

Written By: Midas on 04/16/10 at 9:47 am

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr84/GreenM500/hotdog_hallwayMedium.jpg

Somebody rang?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/22/15 at 9:38 pm

Their whole existence revolves around popping out as many kids as possible without considering the health of the woman or the mental health of the kids.  The fact that TLC does a show on them is really disturbing.  Btw the men wouldn't even remotely think of having kids. ::)

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--2dIxrA12--/1263953643769723536.jpg

Wrong!  At least one of the men in the Duggar family didn't just think about having kids, he had at least four of 'em.  Bonus points, they were his own younger sisters! 

So that was 2010.

I wonder what's happened since then on the Touching Little Children channel...

http://micahjmurray.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/gothardhobbylobby.jpg

Meet Bill Gothard!  He's back after a stint with the Hobby Lobby Case about religious freedom!  By 2014, it had come out that Quiverfull Creepazoid Bill Gothard and his Institute for Basic Life Principles were part of a sex abuse scandal, in which Gothard is accused of approching at least 34 women, abusing four, and at least one was underage...

...but we're not reading this because of Gothard's own kinks.  We're reading this thread because it's a Duggar thread.

And what have the Duggars been up to?  Well, there's been a whole lot of skullduggary - and some outright duggary (which is totally not as bad as buggery, because buggery is with a dude, and duggary is only about groping your sisters when they're asleep) that's been going on in the background.

Near as I can figure out, the timeline goes something like this:

19 kids, all raised up in a Jesus-fearin' household, and one of 'em starts groping the sisters.  Do we call the police?

Hell no.  We call the church.  The church sends us a friendly state trooper, like Trooper Joseph T. Hutchens!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/21/15/28F148ED00000578-3091071-image-a-23_1432217199894.jpg

In 2005, Trooper Hutchens he "counseled" wayward Josh about the offenses.  But why does Trooper Hutchens look like he's having his mugshot taken?

Oh, that's right!  Because Hutchens is serving 60 years for child porn after a 2007 conviction and a 2010 parole violation!

Raise a child up in the way in which he will go, and when he is an adult he will not depart from it... although I don't think that's what any God worth worshipping actually had in mind.

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/duggarwalker.png

No, wait, that was a couple of days ago.

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/duggarhuckabee.png

Praise Jesus!

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/duggarsantorum.png

Tear down the wall between Church and State!

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/duggarcruz.png

That's right, candidates.  Get up there, front and freaking center, with a guy who, at age 14, felt up more than one of his sisters, the oldest of whom would have been 11.

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/duggardobson.png

Family Research Council indeed.

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/duggarbenhambros.png

Keep on researchin' those Family Values, whatever the cost.

If Ma Duggar ever lost it, Quiverfull would be investigated and probably considered a cult by the FBI.  They didn't do anything when Yates when on her rampage.  Having kids when you're forced to lose your own identity and you have no outlet leads to disaster.  Their religion doesn't address that, let alone care.  Yes, the Duggars are worldly and get 1.5million from the T.V. show a year.  Which is why they can be called hypocrites.

And this is why we care about the Duggars.  Because not only have they've harbored a criminal who offended against their own family in order to keep the fame and money coming in, they've used that fame and glory to leverage themselves and their creepy brand of religious fundamentalism to advance themselves amongst of people who seek the highest office in the land - and more terrifyingly, vice versa.  Mike Huckabee is on record earlier today as defending the Duggars' decision to knowingly let their daughters be victimized.

But hey.  Let's look at the important thing.  At least they weren't gay.

Check for new replies or respond here...