inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What are you still a "virgin" of technologically of items from the '00s?

Written By: yelimsexa on 04/06/10 at 7:53 am

As of today, there are many things released (and became big) in the 00s yet I've never not just owned one, nor even used one. I am a technological virgin of:

-The iPOD! (Never used one)
-XBOX (regular and 360!)
-Playstation 3
-iTunes
-PDAs (let alone smartphones!)
-A piece of recorded music with Auto-tune
-Purchasing a ringtone
-Writing a blog entry (yes it started in the late '90s, but everybody seemed to write one in the '00s)
-DVR recording
-Blu-Ray
-TEXTING!!!  ;D

Subject: Re: What are you still a "virgin" of technologically of items from the '00s?

Written By: Frank on 04/06/10 at 10:50 am

I don't use any of these.
Also: Don't have a cell phone (actually no one in my family has one) , don't have a car, don't have a laptop, don't have a blackberry, don't have cable TV, but many of these are choices I have made not to have them.

Subject: Re: What are you still a "virgin" of technologically of items from the '00s?

Written By: gibbo on 04/06/10 at 8:36 pm

As of today, there are many things released (and became big) in the 00s yet I've never not just owned one, nor even used one. I am a technological virgin of:

-XBOX (regular and 360!)
-Playstation 3
-iTunes
-Purchasing a ringtone
-Writing a blog entry (yes it started in the late '90s, but everybody seemed to write one in the '00s)
-DVR recording
-Blu-Ray
-TEXTING!!!  ;D

I don't know about these items also. ....and I'm not really inclined to learn either. I do own a mobile/cell  phone...but it's a 2003 model and it's always switched off...only immediate family has the number (not that that helps...because it's always off). Basically, used for emergency only...

Written By: nupur on 04/06/10 at 9:22 pm

Hmmm I'm a virgin of very few things, technologically speaking. I guess the main two things would be DVR and smartphones, though I may be getting an iPhone in the near future.

Written By: ladybug316 on 04/06/10 at 9:49 pm

I am in love with my ipod!  I haven't used anything else on the list. either.

Written By: nally on 04/06/10 at 10:11 pm

-XBOX (regular and 360!)
-Playstation 3
-iTunes
-Purchasing a ringtone
-DVR recording
-Blu-Ray
-TEXTING!!!  ;D

I have not used or done anything from this list...and I don't intend to.

Written By: nupur on 04/06/10 at 10:15 pm

I am in love with my ipod!  I haven't used anything else on the list. either.

Yeah, I couldn't live without my iPod!!

Written By: Brian06 on 04/07/10 at 3:06 am

I've used all those things, though some rather infrequently. I am a "tech person" so I definitely try pretty much everything technologically. I love technology!

Written By: joeman on 04/07/10 at 7:33 am

I have a Zune, does that count?
-XBOX (regular and 360!)
-Playstation 3
Believe it or not, I stopped playing video games around the mid-00s
-iTunes
I have other ways of doing the same stuff as ITunes, and Zune provides a similiar program
Never cared much for cellphones
Can't stand that kind of music
-Purchasing a ringtone
I use the free wifi option on my phone to downnload ringtones
I write on this forum, which is the same
-DVR recording
I do DVD burning
-Blu-Ray
I downloaded files that are either in 720p format or 1080p format
-TEXTING!!!  ;D
Didn't text until the late 00s when I had a job required me to text

Written By: nondiva234 on 04/07/10 at 5:45 pm

I am a virgin when it comes to PVRs. Never used them. Other than that, I'm a technology whore! :D Can't live without my iPod or cell phone!

Written By: whistledog on 04/07/10 at 5:56 pm

I wanted an mp3 player, but not an iPod because to me, Apple technology is garbage, so I got a Microsoft Zune.

I don't own a cellphone, nor will I ever because the way people abuse them in today's world just makes me sick.  People doing everything on their phone but making calls, talking and texting while driving, and/or calling into their service provider to demand free credits or service for the stupidest shit

Written By: nally on 04/07/10 at 6:44 pm

I don't own a cellphone, nor will I ever because the way people abuse them in today's world just makes me sick.  People doing everything on their phone but making calls, talking and texting while driving,

Makes me sick too. I use mine in the traditional manner (ie, communicating orally with people).

Written By: ladybug316 on 04/08/10 at 7:26 pm

Makes me sick too. I use mine in the traditional manner (ie, communicating orally with people).

Communicate orally  ;D

Written By: nally on 04/08/10 at 7:48 pm

Communicate orally  ;D

Uh...yeah... ;)

Written By: Davester on 04/08/10 at 10:21 pm

-XBOX (regular and 360!)
-Playstation 3
-iTunes
-Purchasing a ringtone
-DVR recording
-Blu-Ray
-TEXTING!!!  ;D

I don't know what auto-tune is...

I have posted two or three blog entries on myspace.  I've recorded stuff onto blank DVD recordable and rewritable discs, if that's what you mean.  And I've sent only a handful of text messages on my cell phone several years ago...

And that's it...

"I'm an idiot because I don't know how to make a lamp.?!"
  "No, you're a genius because you don't know how to make a lamp..!"

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/09/10 at 1:15 am

One thing I'm a virgin to is DVR and Ti-Vo.

Written By: nally on 04/09/10 at 1:15 am

One thing I'm a virgin to is DVR and Ti-Vo.

Me too...and there are times I wish I had those gadgets.

Written By: lola669 on 04/09/10 at 8:17 am

I've used or owned any of these...

-XBOX (regular and 360!)
-Playstation 3
-Blu-Ray

I do use my kids iPods on occasion. 

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/15/10 at 12:09 pm

I really want a high-definition TV but I'm holding out until the 3-D technology becomes more common and less expensive.

Written By: tv on 04/18/10 at 11:52 am

-XBOX (regular and 360!)
-Playstation 3
-iTunes
-Purchasing a ringtone
-DVR recording
-Blu-Ray
-TEXTING!!!  ;D
Never did any of these things except a text or 2.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/19/10 at 3:32 am

Never had an iPod. Creative Zen or Zune is better.
-XBOX (regular and 360!)
I've played xbox, and owned a PS2.
-Playstation 3
I'm a PS3 virgin
-iTunes
Awful software.
Maybe I'll get a smartphone in 2010
-Purchasing a ringtone
Waste of money.
Every blog I start ends up abandoned. Maybe this could be extended to myspace/facebook/twitter. I had a myspace around 2006, currently use facebook mainly for family & close friends and twitter don't really see the point, apart from following/stalking certain famous people
-Blu-Ray
I'm stuck in the DVD watching past
-TEXTING!!!
Texting would be easier on a smartphone with built in keypad, 'cause I hate texting on ordinary phones.

Written By: Kryllith on 04/20/10 at 10:55 am

-Never had an ipod, though I did own an mp3 player for a very brief time before it was stolen from my car... it didn't work anyway.
-Own both an XBOX, a 360, PS2/3, and various others although I'm still missing a Wii.
-I used iTunes maybe once, because it was some free promotion. iTunes wants to convert all my other music files into a format for itself, and it didn't even bother asking me if I wanted it to do it so... deleted.
-Never owned a cell phone, although my wife has one. Simply not a huge priority for me.
-Don't own any auto-tune music that I know of, although I've heard some.
-Had a blog, got bored with it.
-Had a DVR, and used it often, but I recently dropped cable so it's gone as well.
-Blu-Ray (see PS3)
-Most of my texting was in the 90s with various IM programs. Since I don't own a cell phone it's not really a concern. Besides, I primarily used texting because calling was too expensive 15 years ago. That's not an issue anymore.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/07/10 at 1:15 pm

Well, I sure could have used a lot of that technology when I was still a virgin!
;)

Check for new replies or respond here...