inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Name Of A Television News Reporter?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/18/10 at 7:49 pm

Hi Everyone!

I was hoping that one of you could help me with the name of this TV reporter. I'll try to tell you what I remember about him. He used to be on one of those new nagazines, like NBC Nightly news or one of them--it was on a local station, that I remember. He was White with dark hair and these amazing   blue eyes that seemed to look right through you. He was between 30-40 years old.
Sometime in the early 00's he was reporting on location in Afgahnistan or Iran or Iraq--one of the warring counties--and got blown up. But he survived. I remember seeing him on Oprah with his wife and talking about how long and hard his rehabilitation process was.

If anyone can remember this man and knows his name, please tell me!

Thank you!

Subject: Re: Name Of A Television News Reporter?

Written By: Brian06 on 05/18/10 at 8:24 pm

You're probably talking about Bob Woodruff, it actually happened in 2006 I believe. Him and Elizabeth Vargas were cohosting ABC World News Tonight back then, only shortly after they started this unfortunate incident happened while he was doing a story in Iraq.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/18/10 at 9:17 pm

KARMA!

Brian you are a doll! Thank you so much! Trying to remember his name has been bothering me forever!  Thank you so much! Yay!

Written By: danootaandme on 05/19/10 at 7:28 am

Bob Woodruff is one of my favorites.  Last year we went to Good Morning America and he was there.  Jake got this and an autograph.  He is a wicked nice guy.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t121/Def-Tedandme/CIMG0841.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...