inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help i.d.ing a song - "Brand New Day"?

Written By: Stinkyy on 05/27/10 at 12:53 am

Oh gosh, I feel so cheesy for asking this...

Maybe I'm confused about the lyrics, but the background singers in this early 2000s song sound like they're singing, "A brand new day, a brand new day, a brand new day," over and over and over, and over!  It almost sounds like he's saying "gravity."  And the rest of the lyrics in the song are too hard to make out.

The bass line is catchy.  Ta ta (quarter rest) ta (eighth rest) tahhhh,    Ta ta (quarter rest) ta (eighth rest) tahhhh.   Think it's bass guitar, but it sounds synthy.

C  C                      C                        C          A  A                      A                       A

Last item was that it's in some drug commercial on the news networks, maybe a stop-smoking aid or allergy med...  I first heard this song in Ireland around '03 and it was really popular, I heard it at least twice a day on the radio.  Thanks for the help and please don't hit me for being cheesy.

Oh - and it's NOT that song by Sting!  It seems like some soft rocking guy like an earlier John Mayer ...  who knows.

Subject: Re: Help i.d.ing a song - "Brand New Day"?

Written By: Bobby on 06/02/10 at 5:40 pm

Just did a search and these people/groups have released songs called 'Brand new day'.

Joshua Radin
Forty Foot Echo
Van Morrison
Fireflight

Hope something comes from this. :)

Written By: Stinkyy on 06/04/10 at 11:25 am

Awful sporting of you to try, but no dice.  Guy reminds me almost of someone like Robbie Williams (remember him?), it sounds more like a pop song than anything like Josh Radin or the others...  I'll start listening to "00s" stations for awhile and let you know if anything turns up. 

Written By: holicman on 08/02/10 at 2:38 am

There was a band called the Heavies (not sure of the spelling) that did a song called brand new day.

Check for new replies or respond here...