inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mark Wahlberg apologizes for The Happening

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/22/10 at 6:01 pm

Wahlberg now joins J.D. Shapiro, the writer of Battlefield Earth, Michael Caine, the actor of the films, The Swarm and Jaws The Revenge, Halle Berry, Shia LaBouef and Sandra Bullock, in the "I Agree, My Movie Sucked Hall of Fame", for the movie, The Happening.

“We had actually had the luxury of having lunch before to talk about another movie and it was a bad movie that I did. She dodged the bullet. And then I was still able to … I don’t want to tell you what movie … all right, The Happening. **** it. It is what it is. ****** trees, man. The plants. **** it. You can’t blame me for not wanting to try to play a science teacher. At least I wasn’t playing a cop or a crook.”

http://www.avclub.com/articles/mark-wahlberg-acknowledges-that-the-happening-suck,48067/

Now if we can only get Nicholas Cage, to apologize for making the film, The Wicker Man.

;D

Subject: Re: Mark Wahlberg apologizes for The Happening

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/10 at 7:52 pm

Wahlberg has nothing to apologize for. M Night Shamalin should be apologizing for every single movie he's done since the Sixth Sense.  >:(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/22/10 at 9:07 pm

Wahlberg has nothing to apologize for. M Night Shamalin should be apologizing for every single movie he's done since the Sixth Sense.  >:(

I liked Unbreakable, The Village was ok and so was Signs, however, Lady In The Water, was so meh, it's not funny.

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/10 at 9:37 pm

I liked Unbreakable, The Village was ok and so was Signs, however, Lady In The Water, was so meh, it's not funny.

Sorry but unveeakable was a mess. Signs was boring and unoriginal. And the village was completely predictable. I figured out the "surprise" ending very early into the film.
I didn't bother to see lady in the water.  I watched the happening because I thought ' it's an apocalypse movie how can he possibly screw it up?'. Don't know how he did it but he did.

Written By: whistledog on 11/22/10 at 11:28 pm

Actually, he should even apologize for Sixth Sense.  When I watched again, all that was there when I first saw it, no longer was.

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/10 at 1:48 am

Actually, he should even apologize for Sixth Sense.  When I watched again, all that was there when I first saw it, no longer was.

But that's the genius of it. It only works in the first screening but it was effective.

Problem is he tried it with the village too but he wasn't as clever. It was obvious (to me) that vernacular the vilkagers were speaking was off. It was tainted with modern day day contractions and speak.  Plus the sound of a helicopter is embedded in the soundtrack. I kept hearing this stupid helicopter thruogh out the movie and I was like dude. If you wanted to surprise me ya shouldve embedded that a little or muted it a little more.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/23/10 at 1:53 am

Why did it take him so long?

Written By: Howard on 11/23/10 at 6:31 am

He's not a great actor,He's ok. He's better as a New Kid On The Block.

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/10 at 10:40 am

He's not a great actor,He's ok. He's better as a New Kid On The Block.

Mark was never in New Kids, that was his brother Donny.... he was, however, he was leader of the funky bunch. 

Written By: Howard on 11/23/10 at 9:05 pm

Mark was never in New Kids, that was his brother Donny.... he was, however, he was leader of the funky bunch. 

I keep getting one of the Wahlbergs mixed up.

Written By: whistledog on 11/24/10 at 9:23 am

This is false :P

Mark was a member of New Kids, but he left before they got a record deal

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/10 at 9:49 am

well that doesn't count.  :P 

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 11/24/10 at 12:05 pm

I wanted to like The Happening because of Mark, but truly, the movie just plain sucked...  8-P

Written By: Howard on 11/24/10 at 9:08 pm

and went on to be a big movie star.

Written By: JaxRhapsody on 12/17/10 at 6:27 pm

Plant pharamones making people commit suicide, all it was missing as an Audrey II for a leader.

Written By: Howard on 12/17/10 at 7:00 pm

Can he apologize for being in New Kids On The Block? ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...