inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you miss the 00's?

Written By: Atrue90'skid on 02/06/11 at 7:17 pm

It's 2011 and we're living in the 2010's. Does anyone here miss the 00's? I certainly don't! ;D. I like this new decade because it's gaining a dark mood (like the 90's). Pop culture is slowly becoming more mature, and stupid trends are disappearing every day. Nobody seems to care about terrorism anymore, I love some of the most recent movies I've seen, video games have awesome graphics and I have a lot of options when it comes to music and tv shows.  :) Personally, I'm glad the 00's are OVER because I hated them a lot and they sucked! The 00's is the CRAPPIEST decade humanity has ever seen.

Subject: Re: Do you miss the 00's?

Written By: RG1995 on 02/06/11 at 7:32 pm

I don't miss the 00s at all, but I don't see how we have begun a darker decade. Glee, Jersey Shore, and Electropop don't seem too dark to me. A new decade doesn't truly begin until 2012/2013 imo.

Written By: 90'skid on 02/06/11 at 7:36 pm

Glee, Jersey Shore and electropop are just holdovers from the late 00s. And you're right, the true 2010's will begin in 2012-13, but I feel this is going to be a dark decade (like the 90's). We'll just have to wait and see.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/06/11 at 7:45 pm

The 90s was not a dark decade in my opinion. It's hard for me to call it a "dark" decade when the economy was booming and there was little to worry about.

Written By: 90'skid on 02/06/11 at 7:49 pm

You didn't answer the question  ::). DO YOU MISS THE 00'S? This thread it not about the 90's.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/06/11 at 7:50 pm

God no, I don't miss the 00s!!

Written By: RG1995 on 02/06/11 at 8:30 pm

Glee, Jersey Shore and electropop are just holdovers from the late 00s. And you're right, the true 2010's will begin in 2012-13, but I feel this is going to be a dark decade (like the 90's). We'll just have to wait and see.
Possibly. If the 20 year rule goes right, it should be. The 70's were darker than the 60's and the 90's were definitly darker than the 80's. Should be interesting if the 00's receive a backlash too. The up and coming generation of youth(1993ers-1999ers or so) seem to be a generation who could be more dark than say the last dominant teen generation(1985-1992).

Written By: nintieskid999 on 02/06/11 at 8:43 pm

Late 00s culture isn't really 00s culture. The feel right now is different than when I was a teen. I'm not saying I want to go back to the 00s, just making an observation.

Written By: Mat1991 on 02/06/11 at 9:55 pm

I don't really miss the '00s because I'm very anxious for the 2010s to start up. Even though we're technically in the 2010s at this moment, it's still very much the late '00s culture-wise.

Depending on how the '10s go, I may or may not begin to miss the '00s.

Written By: Shiv on 02/06/11 at 10:45 pm

No. The 00s sucked. Cheesy decade with lowest-common-denominator pop culture.

Written By: bchris02 on 02/06/11 at 11:41 pm

I actually do miss the early '00s.  Life was so simple back then compared to now.  I kind of miss a time when the Internet was a cool tool and a luxury but didn't dominate society and every aspect of our lives as it does now. The music was better and the mood was more optimistic (this changed around the time of Katrina).  The late '00s were the worst time of my life and I doubt I will ever be nostalgic for it.

Written By: joeman on 02/07/11 at 12:53 am

I miss the 00s myself.  Started the decade when I was 15 and ended it at age 25, so this was the first real decade of living.  I did a lot of things during that time and my knowledge of living in the 00s are going to greatly benefit me during the 2010s.  It is too early to be nostalgic about things 2003-onward, however I love 2000-2002 the best.  Thanfully I didn't adopt the 00s culture as I was out of HS when the things are started to get big.  One of my favorite things about the early 00s was seeing the Tampa Bay Buccaneers win the Superbowl back in 2002.  Good times  8)

Written By: Mat1991 on 02/07/11 at 2:48 am

I don't really miss the '00s because I'm very anxious for the 2010s to start up. Even though we're technically in the 2010s at this moment, it's still very much the late '00s culture-wise.

Depending on how the '10s go, I may or may not begin to miss the '00s.

Actually, like many others have said, I do very much miss the early '00s. 2004 (the year I turned thirteen and started junior high) was the year that everything went to sh*t for me.  8-P

Written By: Emman on 02/07/11 at 3:37 am

Imagine in 10 years everyone will be saying how much they miss the early 10s. ;D :D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/07/11 at 5:28 am

What is up with all these "90's kids?"  ::)

Written By: Howard on 02/07/11 at 6:27 am

Imagine in 10 years everyone will be saying how much they miss the early 10s. ;D :D

I have a feeling it's gonna happen.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 02/07/11 at 6:27 am

What is up with all these "90's kids?"  ::)

Yeah Al What's up with that? ::)

Written By: 80sfan on 02/07/11 at 4:00 pm

Yeah Al What's up with that? ::)

I consider myself a 90s kid! I don't have any memory of the early 90s, but I do remember the rest of it.

Written By: Howard on 02/07/11 at 7:24 pm

I consider myself a 90s kid! I don't have any memory of the early 90s, but I do remember the rest of it.

I'm more of an 80's guy.

Written By: Emman on 02/07/11 at 7:38 pm

I don't know why everybody is associating electropop with the late 00s strictly, that's like saying new jack swing was strictly late 80s(even though it is mostly associated with the 90s, it lasted until 1995). I always thought the defining late 00s trends was ringtone rap and emo, electropop seems more EXTREMELY late 00s/early 10s, I mean it only started becoming dominant around 2009/2010, electropop to me just does not fit in neatly with all the other 00s trends, it will probably have a limited shelf life though(2009-2013/2014-ish maybe?). People complained about the 90s while they were going through them, people complained about the 00s while going through them, now people are complaining about the early 10s, the past seems to look rosy compared to the present for alot of people(even if they are equally crap). I miss some things about the 00s but not other things, just like the 90s. I mean if you think the 00s was a bad time to live in, wait a few years when the economy/world situation gets really bad and US living standards drop, you'll be praying for the 00s to come back. ;D

Written By: nicole1977 on 02/07/11 at 7:43 pm

I'm more of an 80's guy.

Me too.  I'm an 80s kid and early-mid 90s teen.

Written By: joeman on 02/07/11 at 9:49 pm

I don't know why everybody is associating electropop with the late 00s strictly, that's like saying new jack swing was strictly late 80s(even though it is mostly associated with the 90s, it lasted until 1995). I always thought the defining late 00s trends was ringtone rap and emo, electropop seems more EXTREMELY late 00s/early 10s, I mean it only started becoming dominant around 2009/2010, electropop to me just does not fit in neatly with all the other 00s trends, it will probably have a limited shelf life though(2009-2013/2014-ish maybe?). People complained about the 90s while they were going through them, people complained about the 00s while going through them, now people are complaining about the early 10s, the past seems to look rosy compared to the present for alot of people(even if they are equally crap). I miss some things about the 00s but not other things, just like the 90s. I mean if you think the 00s was a bad time to live in, wait a few years when the economy/world situation gets really bad and US living standards drop, you'll be praying for the 00s to come back. ;D

I agree that people complain about the decade they were in while on the decade.  Did you guys know that people hated the 90s around the Y2K era and wanted the 80s back?  Well it looks like a cycle has been developed. 

I'd put a very very strong bet that in 10 years, the Topic Poster will make a thread on how great the 2000s were.  8)

Written By: 80sfan on 02/07/11 at 9:56 pm

Just look at Egypt! :D

Written By: yelimsexa on 02/08/11 at 6:25 am

I agree that people complain about the decade they were in while on the decade.  Did you guys know that people hated the 90s around the Y2K era and wanted the 80s back?  Well it looks like a cycle has been developed.  

I'd put a very very strong bet that in 10 years, the Topic Poster will make a thread on how great the 2000s were.   8)

That's how inthe80s.com got started in the first place, and that was 1995, not the Y2K era! But I don't miss this decade because to me it symbolizes when technology enslaved us for good (even though the '90s were definately starting to change that society). I mostly nostalgize for life before the Internet still as it just seems much more special compared to a time when approval ratings were low; the developing countries starting to outpase the Western nations for growth, the CRAPPY music as most of the supposedly good indie stuff is buried like needles in a haystack, and simply because the '00s are WAY too recent to really enjoy the nostalgia (even the late '90s still feel a bit too recent for me as it was still in the Internet Era). But it's obvious that the '00s were clearly a below average decade outside of East Asia and Brazil: stocks were DOWN for the decade, the first time since the 1930s! Way too many Hollywood remakes and sequels and many best picture films were only aimed at limited/specialized audiences, plus the celebrities of the '00s are/were very trashy compared to previous decades, and the media emphasis was clearly style over substiance. I'm glad the '00s are in the rear view mirror!

Written By: DJ Blaze on 02/08/11 at 8:41 pm

The 00s were the decade I grew up in. Of course I miss them!

Written By: Shiv on 02/08/11 at 9:58 pm

The 00s were the decade I grew up in. Of course I miss them!

So did I. 9 in 2000, 18 in 2009. And I still don't.

Maybe I will in another 5 years, but right now the 00s are still too recent, and the pop culture never clicked with me (I did and still do think the whole bling bling grillz/emo era was cheesy)

Written By: Creeder on 02/09/11 at 2:53 pm

I really miss the early 00s,  but middle-late 00s were not that good.
Its probably too soon.

Written By: nicole1977 on 02/09/11 at 3:35 pm

That's how inthe80s.com got started in the first place, and that was 1995, not the Y2K era! But I don't miss this decade because to me it symbolizes when technology enslaved us for good (even though the '90s were definately starting to change that society). I mostly nostalgize for life before the Internet still as it just seems much more special compared to a time when approval ratings were low; the developing countries starting to outpase the Western nations for growth, the CRAPPY music as most of the supposedly good indie stuff is buried like needles in a haystack, and simply because the '00s are WAY too recent to really enjoy the nostalgia (even the late '90s still feel a bit too recent for me as it was still in the Internet Era). But it's obvious that the '00s were clearly a below average decade outside of East Asia and Brazil: stocks were DOWN for the decade, the first time since the 1930s! Way too many Hollywood remakes and sequels and many best picture films were only aimed at limited/specialized audiences, plus the celebrities of the '00s are/were very trashy compared to previous decades, and the media emphasis was clearly style over substiance. I'm glad the '00s are in the rear view mirror!

And also in the 2000s, we've lost a whooooooooooole lot of legends in music and in Hollywood.  That's one of the reasons why I hate the 2000s.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/09/11 at 7:25 pm

The reason why I don't miss the 00s was because my personal life went down the poo hole.  ::)

Written By: bchris02 on 02/10/11 at 9:47 pm

True.  The first half of 2009 still had quite a bit of ringtone rap (Halle Berry! Halle Berry!).  Electropop was rising but didn't become dominant until the summer of 2009.  I agree that it will be a short-lived fad, lasting until 2013-14 at the latest.  2011 will be the year that determines if electropop has any real staying power because most of the big names have big releases happening this year.

Written By: Brian06 on 02/11/11 at 10:44 am

Yeah I agree, late '00s was more snap music and emo. Then towards the very end of the '00s (2009) this electropop club thing took. Gangsta rap is totally dead, rap is like the opposite of gangsta at this point. The watering down of rap has been going on for years now.

Written By: Brian06 on 02/11/11 at 10:52 am

I miss some things about the '00s, now I mainly focus on the early - mid '00s since that's now a while ago. You know I think about high school sometimes, tbh I kinda hated school but as it fades away into the past you miss it some. It's kinda hard to believe how old the mid '00s are getting but it does feel a while back now.

Written By: tv on 02/11/11 at 4:08 pm

I really miss the early 00s,  but middle-late 00s were not that good.
Its probably too soon.
Yeah I miss 2003early/-mid 2007. Past that I don't miss the 00's. The late 00's sucked except for the New York Giants winning the Super Bowl in 2008 against the Patriots. I liked Pro Basketball in the late 00's better than in the mid 00's but thats about it.

Written By: joeman on 02/11/11 at 4:28 pm

Yeah I miss 2003early/-mid 2007. Past that I don't miss the 00's. The late 00's sucked except for the New York Giants winning the Super Bowl in 2008 against the Patriots. I liked Pro Basketball in the late 00's better than in the mid 00's but thats about it.

You have to admit though, the Patriots kicked ass during 07-08 going undefeated.

Written By: tv on 02/11/11 at 4:40 pm

You have to admit though, the Patriots kicked ass during 07-08 going undefeated.
Yeah they did with Brady and Moss back then.

Written By: bchris02 on 02/11/11 at 6:09 pm

Yeah I agree, late '00s was more snap music and emo. Then towards the very end of the '00s (2009) this electropop club thing took. Gangsta rap is totally dead, rap is like the opposite of gangsta at this point. The watering down of rap has been going on for years now.

I remember when the song "Air Force Ones" by Nelly became big in 2003, a lot of people complained about how watered down and soft rap was getting. 

As for electropop, as I've said before we'll see what kind of staying power it has.  Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, David Guetta, Black Eyed Peas, Britney, etc may have already hit their peak.  I will say historically electronic music fads in the US have not lasted more than just a few years.

Written By: ProfS on 03/01/11 at 11:49 pm

I don't miss the 00s at all. It was such a dark time period compared to the 90s when things seemed to be going well. The 00s were marked by not only terrorism, a much different presidential ministration (please don't start a political rant on this, I'm not taking a position on that), and lousy pop culture. The music seemed to be nothing but rap and some teeny bopper stuff and TV was nothing nothing but reality programming. 90s shows like The Simpsons and Friends which remained on the air tanked in the 00s. Even Saturday Night Live, which had a renaissance in the 90s had tanked at this time. The Disney Renaissance of the 90s was over as well. That being said there were some good movies, I'm not sure which ones define the decade though. In the 10s we are seeing some better TV shows and a little bit better music. What seems strange to me is that fashion has not changed all that much since the 90s. I also think worldwide the events in the Middle East and North Africa will have some major changes in the world, much like the end of communism in Europe in the 80s to 90s transition. 

Written By: 80sfan on 03/02/11 at 12:23 am

I don't miss the 00s at all. It was such a dark time period compared to the 90s when things seemed to be going well. The 00s were marked by not only terrorism, a much different presidential ministration (please don't start a political rant on this, I'm not taking a position on that), and lousy pop culture. The music seemed to be nothing but rap and some teeny bopper stuff and TV was nothing nothing but reality programming. 90s shows like The Simpsons and Friends which remained on the air tanked in the 00s. Even Saturday Night Live, which had a renaissance in the 90s had tanked at this time. The Disney Renaissance of the 90s was over as well. That being said there were some good movies, I'm not sure which ones define the decade though. In the 10s we are seeing some better TV shows and a little bit better music. What seems strange to me is that fashion has not changed all that much since the 90s. I also think worldwide the events in the Middle East and North Africa will have some major changes in the world, much like the end of communism in Europe in the 80s to 90s transition. 

I think that the 00s was weird. Not really terrible, but just plain weird! Especially the pop culture.  ::)

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 03/02/11 at 5:33 am

i will only miss the early 00s!!! best time to grow up!!! .... and yes i grew up in the 00's since i spend most of my lifetime there.... i was 6 in 2000 and 15 in 2009

YES i notice theres this dark pattern like every 2 decades... starting the 50s, 70s , 90s, and probably already creeping to the early 10s....

i do agree that 00s was actually a very multi mixed somewhat blurry in terms of pop culture...

yes fashioned hasnt changed muchrather they are inspired by the past!!....

whatever thepolitical stuff... the music and everything... i grew up in a confusing time... no wonder so many youth of today are confused.... oh wait did i just hear a revolution bell??... YES i believe this decade and the next we will experience these new revolutions that no one have witness.... and its going global

i am missing the 90s... i'd rather grow up back then...

yeah i'll probably miss the 00s... but i dont think i'll ever like the 00s much...

Written By: tv on 03/03/11 at 5:33 pm

The 90s was not a dark decade in my opinion. It's hard for me to call it a "dark" decade when the economy was booming and there was little to worry about.
Well in 1990-1992 the economy wasn't good

Written By: joeman on 03/03/11 at 5:57 pm

Well in 1990-1992 the economy wasn't good

Agreed.  The economy was good around 1997-2003, but for some reason people associate the 90s having a good economy when it wasn't the case int he early-mid 90s.

Written By: tv on 03/03/11 at 6:20 pm

I miss the 00s myself.  Started the decade when I was 15 and ended it at age 25, so this was the first real decade of living.  I did a lot of things during that time and my knowledge of living in the 00s are going to greatly benefit me during the 2010s.  It is too early to be nostalgic about things 2003-onward, however I love 2000-2002 the best.  Thanfully I didn't adopt the 00s culture as I was out of HS when the things are started to get big.  One of my favorite things about the early 00s was seeing the Tampa Bay Buccaneers win the Superbowl back in 2002.  Good times  8)
Yeah my uncle who lives in Florida and grew up there he used to call the Bucaneers the "Yucaneers" because I guess they sucked so bad for so long back in the early 90's

Written By: tv on 03/03/11 at 6:22 pm

Oh yeah the "Redeem team" with Chris Paul and D-Wade was good too in 2008.

Written By: popguru85 on 03/03/11 at 11:28 pm

At times, I miss it. the early 00's were always associated with my High School years and I would love to go back and try to keep in touch with some people in that era. The Mid-Late 00's will be defined as College/Real World to me. I still keep in touch with a lot of those people but things didnt really start looking up until I graduated and got started doing stand up a couple of years ago. The music not so much. by 2002 I was raiding my parents cd collection of Zeppelin, the Beatles, Lennon, AC/DC, The Police, Hendix, The Doors, etc. and rarely listened to any Nelly, NSYNC, Brittney, emo, etc.
so to answer the topic sometimes.

Written By: Howard on 03/04/11 at 6:37 am

Agreed.  The economy was good around 1997-2003, but for some reason people associate the 90s having a good economy when it wasn't the case int he early-mid 90s.

Then the economy plummeted after that.

Written By: tv on 03/04/11 at 2:36 pm

Then the economy plummeted after that.
No I thought the economy was good from 1994-mid 2008 until the financial crash in September 2008.

Written By: Howard on 03/04/11 at 7:41 pm

No I thought the economy was good from 1994-mid 2008 until the financial crash in September 2008.

and a lot of things became more expensive like gas prices,fare hikes and transportation.

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 03/05/11 at 1:11 am

and a lot of things became more expensive like gas prices,fare hikes and transportation.

and china's economy is growing faster than ever since then....

Written By: joeman on 03/05/11 at 8:09 am

Yeah my uncle who lives in Florida and grew up there he used to call the Bucaneers the "Yucaneers" because I guess they sucked so bad for so long back in the early 90's

The Bucs, especially when they were in Yellow and Orange were crap until they got a new jersey and a new coach!  We also called them the Succaneers, and used to wear bags over our heads whenever they played before the late 90s lol.

Written By: Milkof1996 on 03/05/11 at 11:05 am

The only part of the 2000s I miss is the Early to Mid 00s. The late 00s was HORRIBLE. The 10s however, are great for me so far.

Written By: Kitkat1991 on 03/05/11 at 6:04 pm

I miss 2000-2004. 2005 was cool. The late 00s  were dumb and  HORRIBLE.  My mom died on my 18th b-day in early 2009. I hate the late 00s.

Written By: MrCleveland on 03/09/11 at 1:17 pm

I have one word and one word only...

NO!

It seemed that after 9/11, everything went ape-sheesh! The 90's (For Gen Yers) were our childhood years and once 9/11 came, our childhood ended and we wound-up with crappy music, sold-out TV, remakes and sequels for movies, No New Technology that was revolutionary, and the only thing that was our Comic Relief was...yep...the 43rd President...George Walker Bush!

Thw 2010's are still on the wrong foot for me now, but it may change in 12/21/2012 (No, I don't think the world be over by then...), but so far I'm seeing older shows on TV, indie music that's playable (and probably a new form of music coming soon), we just need an economic boost and be more inter-dependent as a Nation.

Written By: Shiv on 03/09/11 at 2:28 pm

It seemed good on the surface, but Americans' debt just went up and up and up and continues to go up. America simply doesn't have the amount of good-paying jobs it used to and isn't adapting well to the changing times.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/09/11 at 2:51 pm

It seemed good on the surface, but Americans' debt just went up and up and up and continues to go up. America simply doesn't have the amount of good-paying jobs it used to and isn't adapting well to the changing times.

Hasn't our dept been going up sharply since the Reagan era circa 1981?  ??? We've been in debt even before the 80s, but starting at the Reagan era it went up like crazy!!

Written By: FrankDank on 03/09/11 at 2:54 pm

No New Technology that was revolutionary
Dude are you kidding me? You mean to tell me you think there no revolutionary technology in the 00's at all? So right now, you'd rather be using computers, phones, GPS systems and TV from 1998?

I mean yeah, maybe no new revolutionary things were invented, but existing technology got about 500 times better.

Written By: tv on 03/09/11 at 5:23 pm

Hasn't our dept been going up sharply since the Reagan era circa 1981?  ??? We've been in debt even before the 80s, but starting at the Reagan era it went up like crazy!!
Actually half of the national debt has happened since Bush W.'s second term in office. Reagan and Clinton presidency's were better than Bush's(W's.) second term in office and Obama's lone term in office so far.

Written By: tv on 03/09/11 at 5:29 pm

What are you talking about personal debt or the national debt? As for good paying jobs and not adpating well to the changing times I think the recession has some to do with with those 2 factors it but not all of it. We must also after we get out of this economic downturn lower our cooperate tax rate I mean America's coorperate tax rate is 35% which is too high to compete. Thats actually something both Obama and The Republicans in Congress agree on is to lower the US cooperate tax rate.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/09/11 at 7:09 pm

Actually half of the national debt has happened since Bush W.'s second term in office. Reagan and Clinton presidency's were better than Bush's(W's.) second term in office and Obama's lone term in office so far.

Karma for the information.

Wow, I didn't know our debt went up so much since about 2005!

Hope we can decrease debt somehow.

Written By: Howard on 03/09/11 at 7:21 pm

I think Cleveland is right,Everything went crazy outta control after September 11th,But if it never had happened I would've probably missed it more.

Written By: Shiv on 03/09/11 at 7:39 pm

What are you talking about personal debt or the national debt? As for good paying jobs and not adpating well to the changing times I think the recession has some to do with with those 2 factors it but not all of it. We must also after we get out of this economic downturn lower our cooperate tax rate I mean America's coorperate tax rate is 35% which is too high to compete. Thats actually something both Obama and The Republicans in Congress agree on is to lower the US cooperate tax rate.

Personal debt.

Written By: tv on 03/10/11 at 12:36 pm

I think Cleveland is right,Everything went crazy outta control after September 11th,But if it never had happened I would've probably missed it more.
Well Britney and Reality TV was popular before 9/11.

Written By: Howard on 03/10/11 at 12:38 pm

and NSYNC too.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/10/11 at 2:13 pm

I think that the reality tv boom started with Survivor in 2000.

Written By: tv on 03/10/11 at 2:25 pm

Yeah I agree with that.

Written By: MrCleveland on 03/10/11 at 2:44 pm

Yeah I agree with that.

What show will cause the Reality TV Show Bust? (I know for Variety Shows, it was "Pink Lady and Jeff"....)

Written By: tv on 03/10/11 at 3:04 pm

What show will cause the Reality TV Show Bust? (I know for Variety Shows, it was "Pink Lady and Jeff"....)
I don't even watch network TV shows anymore. I just know whats going on from looking up things that have to with pop culture on the net.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/10/11 at 3:41 pm

I don't think reality tv will go down until 2025.

Written By: sonikuu on 03/11/11 at 12:08 am

There are certain aspects of the early and mid 00s that I miss, but I wouldn't go back to that era.  2010 was the best year of my life thus far and 2011 is shaping up to be even better.  All my university dreams (study abroad being chief among them) are coming true one after another.  I'll definitely miss the early 10s in ten years.

Written By: Howard on 03/11/11 at 6:28 am

Yeah I remember when Survivor started,I watched it but after the other seasons I lost interest.

Written By: Howard on 03/11/11 at 6:29 am

I don't think reality tv will go down until 2025.

Who knows what we'll be watching in 2025.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/11/11 at 9:33 am

Who knows what we'll be watching in 2025.

As you can tell I could only guess.  ;D

That's a while down the road.

Written By: Howard on 03/11/11 at 7:02 pm

As you can tell I could only guess.  ;D

That's a while down the road.

like 15 years down the road.

Written By: ProfS on 03/12/11 at 4:34 pm

I think the cause of reality TV's decline will be when/if Survivor and American Idol get canceled. Those will be big shoes to fill and if they can get replaced with sitcoms that will help speed a decline. Reality TV will never go away, just like talk shows and game shows haven't, but I think if some of the big ones can get canceled and replaced with sitcoms it will help.

Written By: Howard on 03/12/11 at 6:56 pm

I think the cause of reality TV's decline will be when/if Survivor and American Idol get canceled. Those will be big shoes to fill and if they can get replaced with sitcoms that will help speed a decline. Reality TV will never go away, just like talk shows and game shows haven't, but I think if some of the big ones can get canceled and replaced with sitcoms it will help.

I don't think American Idol and Survivor will ever get canceled,people enjoy those shows,I used to watch them myself.

Written By: Shiv on 03/13/11 at 3:12 am

I don't think American Idol and Survivor will ever get canceled,people enjoy those shows,I used to watch them myself.

They will. Everything eventually runs its course.

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 03/13/11 at 6:58 am

X Factor is replacing American Idol i think ;) simon cowell is in it and the franchise of the show is everywhere now and its big in UK

its basically the same thing as idol except its more lavish, any age (above 16 yo) can enter and groups can enter as well

survivor... mehhh never liked it.... idk... reality tv show use to be good but bored after a while...

AMAZING RACE IS AWESOME HOWEVER!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/11 at 7:03 am

X Factor is replacing American Idol i think ;) simon cowell is in it and the franchise of the show is everywhere now and its big in UK

its basically the same thing as idol except its more lavish, any age (above 16 yo) can enter and groups can enter as well

survivor... mehhh never liked it.... idk... reality tv show use to be good but bored after a while...

AMAZING RACE IS AWESOME HOWEVER!!!
It's the same meat covered with gravy.

Written By: Howard on 03/13/11 at 7:35 am

They will. Everything eventually runs its course.

Then if it does what will people watch? ???

Written By: RG1995 on 03/13/11 at 3:17 pm

Then if it does what will people watch? ???
Other shows...

Written By: tnf on 03/16/11 at 3:19 am

To be honest: I miss some aspects of the first half of the 00s.

-The natural sound of much of the (popular) music.
-The simpleness (compared to now), especially when it comes to electronical stuff. I often can's see the wood for the trees anymore.
-Less superficiality/materialism (of course it was already there, but it has become a lot worse, last couple of years). The right image has become TOO important.

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 03/16/11 at 7:28 am

-The simpleness (compared to now), especially when it comes to electronical stuff. I often can's see the wood for the trees anymore.
-Less superficiality/materialism (of course it was already there, but it has become a lot worse, last couple of years). The right image has become TOO important.

i know!!! i thought this was a hip thing to do!!!

everything is ironic now... we are more aware of environment yet were using more resources than ever

Written By: tv on 03/16/11 at 2:53 pm

Really? I don't watch TV or listen to todays music much but there was alot more materilism in the rap era(2003-early 2006, 2007-mid 2008) than there is now in my opinion. I do agree though there was better music in the early to mid 00's than there is now even with the materialism invloved if that makes any sense.

Written By: Shiv on 03/16/11 at 11:09 pm

Really? I don't watch TV or listen to todays music much but there was alot more materilism in the rap era(2003-early 2006, 2007-mid 2008) than there is now in my opinion. I do agree though there was better music in the early to mid 00's than there is now even with the materialism invloved if that makes any sense.

The great recession and the "going green" movement killed most of it.

Our pop culture is still pretty "style over substance" though. Its a 2000s hangover and hopefully will start to go away soon.

Written By: Howard on 03/17/11 at 6:21 am

Our pop culture is still pretty "style over substance" though. Its a 2000s hangover and hopefully will start to go away soon.

So does that mean we're going to have "green music"?

Written By: 80sfan on 03/17/11 at 2:25 pm

That'll be cool. As long as it's good music though.  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 03/17/11 at 3:12 pm

Much of today's music does make me "sick"

Written By: 80sfan on 03/17/11 at 3:51 pm

Sea sick, air sick, land sick, etc.?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/17/11 at 3:52 pm

Sea sick, air sick, land sick, etc.?
home sick ?

Written By: 80sfan on 03/17/11 at 4:16 pm

home sick ?

Some songs do make me feel that, especially when I'm traveling and sitting on an airplane.  :-\\

Home home on the range....  ;D

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 03/18/11 at 4:31 am

lol that gives me the whole impression that current timeline of music is like being in the club at 2-4 am where the party is still going.... the hangover i think is starting next year :p where it will be once again return to the dawn towards the middle of this decade :)

Written By: Howard on 03/18/11 at 6:38 am

I agree.

Written By: youngerderek on 04/21/11 at 2:29 pm

economic recessions and major revolutions do tend to change the feeling of a time. the 2000s wasn't exactly an economic boom-time, but i do think the Great Recession is a large part of what made it shift towards the 2010s.

Written By: lucky2003 on 04/25/11 at 4:48 am

As I already stated, I do miss 2001-2004. I will never miss 2005-2011 however. And I don't miss the 90s at all, they were as crappy as the late 00s.

Written By: lucky2003 on 04/25/11 at 5:24 am

I just want to add that one of the few songs from the late 2010s I like is "Skinny genes" by Eliza Doolittle.
It sucks that she's not as popular as Selena and Justin! That song of hers sounds so retro and the video is so 70s/80s.
Pretty good for a 2010 song! ;)

Written By: tv on 04/25/11 at 3:45 pm

As I already stated, I do miss 2001-2004. I will never miss 2005-2011 however. And I don't miss the 90s at all, they were as crappy as the late 00s.
Why do you hate the 90's?

Written By: Louise1978 on 04/30/11 at 6:34 am

I only miss the early 00's.Not so much the mid to late 00's yet.The early 00's were good.I loved being in my early 20's.Then with the September 11 terrorist attack,that decade went from bad to worse and the world completely changed after that.

I don't miss the 00's as much as I do the 80's and 90's.I grew up in both those era's so those decades are more special to me and I enjoyed the music,tv shows and movies more from those era's than I did from the 00's.Overall,the 00's were a pretty bad decade.I hope the 10's are better.

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/01/11 at 11:55 pm

OBL is dead.

The jury will be out for a while, but remember this day.  Dark decadologists named Donald may remember May 1, 2011 as the day the '00s (9/11/01-5/1/11) ended.

No, I will not miss the '00s.

Written By: Howard on 05/02/11 at 6:42 am

OBL is dead.

The jury will be out for a while, but remember this day.  Dark decadologists named Donald may remember May 1, 2011 as the day the '00s (9/11/01-5/1/11) ended.

No, I will not miss the '00s.

It's weird how he died on May 1st,Mayday. Is that a coincidence or what?  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/02/11 at 6:47 am

It's weird how he died on May 1st,Mayday. Is that a coincidence or what?  :o
Not weird, it was planned!

Written By: Howard on 05/02/11 at 7:30 am

Not weird, it was planned!

and a good plan I'd say.

Written By: Midas on 05/03/11 at 11:01 pm

I had some great times from 2003 on.  But I don't necessarily miss it.  Things keep getting better.

Written By: yelimsexa on 05/04/11 at 6:43 am

I think people nowadays may be laughing the '00s off (similar to how the '70s got laughed off in the early '80s). People just want to leave the darkness of perhaps known as the time between 9/11 and Osama Bin Laden dead and move forward. When the '00s (likely disguised as "turn of the millenium" or thereabouts) makes a comeback, it probably won't be a significant as earlier decade revivals.

Written By: Shiv on 05/04/11 at 10:20 am

I think people nowadays may be laughing the '00s off (similar to how the '70s got laughed off in the early '80s). People just want to leave the darkness of perhaps known as the time between 9/11 and Osama Bin Laden dead and move forward. When the '00s (likely disguised as "turn of the millenium" or thereabouts) makes a comeback, it probably won't be a significant as earlier decade revivals.

I think we are a few months to a year away from the beginning of a huge 00s backlash...imo

Written By: 80sfan on 05/04/11 at 12:33 pm

I had some great times from 2003 on.  But I don't necessarily miss it.  Things keep getting better.

My personal life is getting better.  :(

Written By: Howard on 05/04/11 at 7:15 pm

I think we are a few months to a year away from the beginning of a huge 00s backlash...imo

What is this "backlash"? ???

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/05/11 at 11:01 pm

What is this "backlash"? ???

Backlash?  It's the first track on A Split Second's 1990 Kiss of Fury album, but that's not important right now.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_i2c_9pu-z7U/TPWGO3l8MCI/AAAAAAAAAZA/CUAu_WQLqwI/s1600/Leslie-Nielsen-Airplane.3.jpg

Written By: Creeder on 05/29/11 at 8:58 am

I hate the early 10s, but who knows maybe I'll miss them.

Written By: Howard on 05/29/11 at 1:10 pm

I hate the early 10s, but who knows maybe I'll miss them.

Just wait another 10 years you'll be complaining.

Written By: Anonymous on 07/20/11 at 12:20 pm

Ill only miss the early 2000s (00-06)
07 and so one were terrible!
I really didn't quite get the trends.

Written By: Labella1991 on 09/24/11 at 9:48 am

I  miss the early 00s to about 2004. 2005 was decent 2006-2009 was just sh*tty.

Written By: Bobby on 09/24/11 at 10:00 am

Hmmmmm....The 00's were quite challenging. After I split from my ex I went into what I call 'The Wilderness years' (the years you make loads of mistakes and feel like you're stumbling about in the dark). I remember the '00s as the decade of independence.  :)

Written By: Jesse D. on 03/19/12 at 4:29 pm

LABELLA, I couldn't agree more with your comment of:

"I  miss the early 00s to about 2004. 2005 was decent 2006-2009 was just sh*tty"

Loved 2001-to 2003. 04 and 05 were okay, but not as good. Still good things were going on. Then 06 came, and I could tell the country was headed in a bad way. Everyone I talked to knew, something bad was coming in the U.S. but didn't know when or what...and boy have we found out these past couple of years that something horrible was indeed headed at us. Pete Schiff was laughed at. But he was right.

I remember telling my dad and grandfather, the job market was junk with fast food, Block Buster, and Rent A Center to work at. Then I was told by my grandfather, "There were more jobs now (back in 2006) then there have ever been!" Yeah, except for all those jobs that had gone overseas or started to pack up.

Also, with 06, I think the "Thug" image became mainstream and music like "FALLOUT BOY" AND "PANIC AT THE DISCO" became big. No THANKS!!! My girlfriend loved them. I know a guy at work, 4 years younger then me, told me back in 06' his G/F loved that stuff too, but he hated it. So I don't feel like an old coot, I'm only 25, when I say I hated 06 and pretty much beyond. Starting with 06,every year after that just seemed to get harder/ life got stupider.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 03/19/12 at 4:41 pm

In reply to what you said Jessa
Everyone has the same view as  2006 was the last 00's year  aside from 2008 ending it with the stock market crashing and Dance muisic.
I would say late 2006 like November-Dec 2006  but def not Jan 2006- Oct 2006  if that makes anysense.

LABELLA, I couldn't agree more with your comment of:

"I  miss the early 00s to about 2004. 2005 was decent 2006-2009 was just sh*tty"

Loved 2001-to 2003. 04 and 05 were okay, but not as good. Still good things were going on. Then 06 came, and I could tell the country was headed in a bad way. Everyone I talked to knew, something bad was coming in the U.S. but didn't know when or what...and boy have we found out these past couple of years that something horrible was indeed headed at us. Pete Schiff was laughed at. But he was right.

I remember telling my dad and grandfather, the job market was junk with fast food, Block Buster, and Rent A Center to work at. Then I was told by my grandfather, "There were more jobs now (back in 2006) then there have ever been!" Yeah, except for all those jobs that had gone overseas or started to pack up.

Also, with 06, I think the "Thug" image became mainstream and music like "FALLOUT BOY" AND "PANIC AT THE DISCO" became big. No THANKS!!! My girlfriend loved them. I know a guy at work, 4 years younger then me, told me back in 06' his G/F loved that stuff too, but he hated it. So I don't feel like an old coot, I'm only 25, when I say I hated 06 and pretty much beyond. Starting with 06,every year after that just seemed to get harder/ life got stupider.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 03/19/12 at 5:22 pm

I don't miss the 2007-09 era. It's still too recent.

Written By: Shiv on 03/20/12 at 9:32 am

I'm starting to miss the 2004-2007 period. the early 00s were bland and the late 00s were too similar to today's current pop culture but the mid 00s had a unique vibe.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 03/20/12 at 11:14 am

I'm starting to miss the 2004-2007 period. the early 00s were bland and the late 00s were too similar to today's current pop culture but the mid 00s had a unique vibe.

it was almost neo 90s

Written By: Rafael on 03/20/12 at 1:49 pm

i miss the 2000-2005 this period feel old today because was before
social media
hd tv
wii, kinect videogames
autotune
disney teen pop
tv shows and movies about musicals
1980s revival in fashion

Written By: thenewtattoo on 03/20/12 at 4:00 pm

i miss the 2000-2005 this period feel old today because was before
social media
hd tv
wii, kinect videogames
autotune
disney teen pop
tv shows and movies about musicals
1980s revival in fashion

I member  the 1980s starting to creep in around December 2005 . At the time I was working at Gadzooks where we were getting these rollingstone tees and checkerboard leggings.  Although it was an afterthought in 2005. Except for maybe Madonnas confessions which came out.  2005-2006 is like the end of an era.
So iI would say 2000-2006.  Speaking of video games  ps4 and xbox 720 should have hit the market .  LMAO 2005 is when 360 came out

Written By: ExtremeMan8 on 03/25/12 at 2:35 pm

Yes!!! :) I would do anything to go back! I loved the 2000s so much. It's the decade I grew up in. It's my favorite decade out of all of them. I hate how people use 911 as a reason to why the decade is bad. Not everyone lives in the U.S. and not everyone got affected! The recession was the only big downfall that affected the world in the 2000s. But other than that, it was overall a great decade with lot's of cool inventions and great music.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 03/25/12 at 3:51 pm

nope

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 03/25/12 at 6:34 pm

Yes!!! :) I would do anything to go back! I loved the 2000s so much. It's the decade I grew up in. It's my favorite decade out of all of them. I hate how people use 911 as a reason to why the decade is bad. Not everyone lives in the U.S. and not everyone got affected! The recession was the only big downfall that affected the world in the 2000s. But other than that, it was overall a great decade with lot's of cool inventions and great music.

the 1990s have better revolutions and inventions just saying... the 00's came second but only because of the technological explosion in the scene.... it's a nice decade overall I must say but I'm not going to miss them badly... I do however love the classic songs of 2000s and TV show do become awesome in the 2000s (the beginning of awesomeness was from the 1990s though)

Written By: Bobby on 03/25/12 at 7:16 pm

Not really. My standard of living was so much better in general in comparison to the 1990s but I was emotionally and mentally immature during this decade and made some big mistakes as a result. On a positive note, I probably wouldn't have progressed emotionally and mentally without them as I am in a much better place in the 2010's.  :)

Written By: Howard on 03/26/12 at 7:01 am

I don't miss the 00's, I was in and out of vocational programs one in the city and the other one in Queens. Both were horrible.

Written By: Brian06 on 03/26/12 at 12:39 pm

I miss some things and other things I don't miss like any other era.

Written By: bchris02 on 04/06/12 at 5:46 pm

I miss anything before 2009.  2009 was the year my life went completely down the crapper and everything before it seems good looking back.

Written By: ilovethe90s on 05/13/12 at 8:27 am

I somewhat miss the early and mid 00s. I hate the late 00s. To me, being a kid in the 90s was the best time of my life so I have more nostalgia for the 90s than for the 00s, even though I conciously experienced more of the 00s decade. I miss the middle of the decade. I had a phase where I would tape music videos when i was 13-15 in 2003-2005, so I remember when Maroon 5, Natasha Bedingfield, Mario, Busted, Cheeky Girls and so on were popular. To me, thats what I associate musically with the 00s, since that was when I was most interested in music. Tv wise I remember Big Brother and so on but I was never a huge fan of that type of TV. I prefer 90s shows to 00s shows.

Written By: Elk on 06/07/12 at 6:42 pm

hated the 00's, just for lack of culture 9seemingly) really, there seemed to be the expectation and potential for some really positive, international cultural mixing, but nothing actually happened (might;ve just been me since I was still young).
the late 00's seemed to have some sort of identity, entertainment-wise I think some better TV started to appear (excluding glee/high school musical/ gimkicks, which would probably balance out the tv comparison). (compared to early 00's),  quality dance music was dead (or starting to move back out of the underground - depending on how you see it). For me it seemed more distinct as it's own kind of decade.
some people said the 2010's had a dark tone? is that something I'm just not paying attention to? (was it maybe the North korea, revolutions in middle east, economic downturn stuff?)

Written By: TakaWuKid91 on 07/09/12 at 9:44 pm

I miss anything between '00 and '02 and I few things in the mid 00s but outside of that not really. I miss the mid/late 90s more than the mid/late 00s.

Written By: ExtremeMan8 on 07/09/12 at 9:46 pm

hated the 00's, just for lack of culture 9seemingly) really, there seemed to be the expectation and potential for some really positive, international cultural mixing, but nothing actually happened (might;ve just been me since I was still young).
the late 00's seemed to have some sort of identity, entertainment-wise I think some better TV started to appear (excluding glee/high school musical/ gimkicks, which would probably balance out the tv comparison). (compared to early 00's),  quality dance music was dead (or starting to move back out of the underground - depending on how you see it). For me it seemed more distinct as it's own kind of decade.
some people said the 2010's had a dark tone? is that something I'm just not paying attention to? (was it maybe the North korea, revolutions in middle east, economic downturn stuff?)

I don't think it's really a lack of culture, I just think we don't notice it enough yet because it is too recent.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 07/10/12 at 11:29 am

I don't think it's really a lack of culture, I just think we don't notice it enough yet because it is too recent.

the 2000s had potential to be amazing  & failed.
The only good times of the 00s are the mids

Written By: elr on 07/10/12 at 11:35 am

Nah.

Written By: sonikuu on 07/10/12 at 11:42 am

There are some elements of 00s pop culture I definitely miss and others that I'm glad are dead or mostly dead.  I guess the same could be said for any other era.  I will say that the most nostalgic period is 2000-pre9/11 2001 and 2004-2007. 

That said, I would much rather take my life in the 2010s over my life in the 00s.  So from that perspective, I don't really miss the 00s that much.  I think there has to be a personal connection to an era to truly miss it.  The 2010s have been a great decade for me so far.  This decade definitely has some great potential.  It all comes down to how 2013 works out (I FINALLY graduate university in December 2012). 

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 07/10/12 at 11:44 am

I miss 2000-2004.

The last 4.5 years of 'having to ask my parents first'.

You always want those things you currently haven't.

Written By: elr on 07/10/12 at 1:42 pm

When I think of "culture" I think of something meaningful that was contributed to society.  What did the 00's contribute that enriched society?  The 00's did have an identity, though a quite empty one.

Written By: TakaWuKid91 on 07/10/12 at 1:49 pm

When I think of "culture" I think of something meaningful that was contributed to society.  What did the 00's contribute that enriched society?  The 00's did have an identity, though a quite empty one.

It was a weird mixture of 80s nostalgia, which I really didn't care for. The 90s from what I can remember had a some 60s/70s influences but had a much better and more memorable identity than the 00s.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 07/10/12 at 2:17 pm

There are some elements of 00s pop culture I definitely miss and others that I'm glad are dead or mostly dead.  I guess the same could be said for any other era.  I will say that the most nostalgic period is 2000-pre9/11 2001 and 2004-2007. 

That said, I would much rather take my life in the 2010s over my life in the 00s.  So from that perspective, I don't really miss the 00s that much.  I think there has to be a personal connection to an era to truly miss it.  The 2010s have been a great decade for me so far.  This decade definitely has some great potential.  It all comes down to how 2013 works out (I FINALLY graduate university in December 2012).

the mid 2000s were kind of the late 90s part 2 obv not the 90s  (compare it to batman films) it was like  Bat man 1  awesome  Batman returns amazing!  Batman forever  still good          then Batman and robin (arnold movie) ehhhhhh

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 07/10/12 at 2:23 pm

The 90s from what I can remember had a some 60s/70s influences but had a much better and more memorable identity than the 00s.

IMO the 00's have a very special identity, and that's basically technology in a lot of aspects. The 00's is the first decade I would definetly associate completely with the information age and the start of 'being connected always and everywhere' which was not the case in the 90's.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 07/10/12 at 2:33 pm

IMO the 00's have a very special identity, and that's basically technology in a lot of aspects. The 00's is the first decade I would definetly associate completely with the information age and the start of 'being connected always and everywhere' which was not the case in the 90's.

00s sucked regardless

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 07/10/12 at 2:44 pm

00s sucked regardless

Why?

Written By: thenewtattoo on 07/10/12 at 5:30 pm

It was a weird mixture of 80s nostalgia, which I really didn't care for. The 90s from what I can remember had a some 60s/70s influences but had a much better and more memorable identity than the 00s.

The 00s had the 80s come back around 2005/2004  No doubt its my life and Gwens solo album  it was good the  80s came back but it came back in a neo way. Myspace is a big reason why the 00s middle era was nostalgic . I wasnt to crazy with technology it was the right balance And it is that which i think everyone  is so nostalgic for it      because ppl actually went outside .  The Mall was still a hang out place. Yes it was a joke compared to 90s and 80s  but ppl still hung out at the mall circa 2002- late 2006 .  Mid 2000s is that  balance between social media and  primitive 80s 90s things. High School as well had this kinda of Jungle vibe to it.  If you went to highschool during 2002-2007 era you will know what i mean

Written By: TakaWuKid91 on 07/10/12 at 5:38 pm

The 00s had the 80s come back around 2005/2004  No doubt its my life and Gwens solo album  it was good the  80s came back but it came back in a neo way. Myspace is a big reason why the 00s middle era was nostalgic . I wasnt to crazy with technology it was the right balance And it is that which i think everyone  is so nostalgic for it      because ppl actually went outside .  The Mall was still a hang out place. Yes it was a joke compared to 90s and 80s  but ppl still hung out at the mall circa 2002- late 2006 .  Mid 2000s is that  balance between social media and  primitive 80s 90s things. High School as well had this kinda of Jungle vibe to it.  If you went to highschool during 2002-2007 era you will know what i mean

I enter HS in 2005, I enjoyed freshman year a lot, well, really the first semester. People weren't as distracted as then as they are now. I didn't like the 80s vibe, didn't interest me much at all.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 07/10/12 at 5:47 pm

I enter HS in 2005, I enjoyed freshman year a lot, well, really the first semester. People weren't as distracted as then as they are now. I didn't like the 80s vibe, didn't interest me much at all.

The 80s vibe didnt really take off  until 2007  although there is traces of it in 2005
When you were a freshman i was a senior  in 2006 as i stayed back  and came back
the 2006/2007 year for an extra  5th year of highschool which means ive experienced the early 00s  mid 00s and late 00s
in 1 hs  environment lol . 2002 def felt like the 90s it was more fun.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 07/10/12 at 6:03 pm

Why?

it was wasted time

Written By: kingofpain on 07/10/12 at 7:03 pm

IMO, it's FAR too early for any kind of 00s nostalgia.......I mean, the decade has JUST ended a few years ago.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 07/10/12 at 7:23 pm

IMO, it's FAR too early for any kind of 00s nostalgia.......I mean, the decade has JUST ended a few years ago.

Not true the mid 2000s and early 2000s were a different time the exact opposite of the 2010s .
not the late 2000s but the mids.

Written By: TakaWuKid91 on 07/10/12 at 7:29 pm

I really don't get why people like 2003-2006 very much. 2005 was the only decent year of the mid-2000s, IMO.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 07/10/12 at 7:33 pm

I really don't get why people like 2003-2006 very much. 2005 was the only decent year of the mid-2000s, IMO.

because 2006 is the only lasting memory of the classic 2000s  it ended in November of 2006
its been debated and proven 2003-to late 2006 is the mid 2000s math wise and from a culture
view.  2005 was good though there is no denying it.  although I would say  The fall of 2005  to the summer of 2006
was the peak of the 2000s .

Written By: Howard on 07/10/12 at 7:34 pm

Now people today are more connected and that would include Facebook and Twitter.

Written By: Howard on 07/10/12 at 7:35 pm

Just wait another 5-10 years.

Written By: TakaWuKid91 on 07/10/12 at 8:03 pm

because 2006 is the only lasting memory of the classic 2000s  it ended in November of 2006
its been debated and proven 2003-to late 2006 is the mid 2000s math wise and from a culture
view.  2005 was good though there is no denying it.  although I would say  The fall of 2005  to the summer of 2006
was the peak of the 2000s .

2005 and summer of 2006 was fine, the music wasn't all that great though, I'm talking about the music of '06. 2003/2004 was so corny and gimmicky, all the boys in my school were wearing that crappy clothing like Phat Farm, Sean John, etc. And the music was awful too.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 07/10/12 at 8:22 pm

2005 and summer of 2006 was fine, the music wasn't all that great though, I'm talking about the music of '06. 2003/2004 was so corny and gimmicky, all the boys in my school were wearing that crappy clothing like Phat Farm, Sean John, etc. And the music was awful too.

2004 was gimmicky VERY gimmicky . Although late 2004 was better than earli 2004. By october of 2006 you could sense a change was coming. 2005-2006 is def the peak. Summer 2006 was very very hot as well as summer 2005 like 104 degrees hot.  I remember using my  neighbors internet in 2005 because they were  2 stupid to put a password on it  ( this when wi fi got big) I didnt have a machine to use internet until Nov of 2005  so  when i first got it it was amazing .

Written By: TakaWuKid91 on 07/10/12 at 8:31 pm

2004 was gimmicky VERY gimmicky . Although late 2004 was better than earli 2004. By october of 2006 you could sense a change was coming. 2005-2006 is def the peak. Summer 2006 was very very hot as well as summer 2005 like 104 degrees hot.  I remember using my  neighbors internet in 2005 because they were  2 stupid to put a password on it  ( this when wi fi got big) I didnt have a machine to use internet until Nov of 2005  so  when i first got it it was amazing .

2004 made me dislike Usher and Outkast so much. I'm so glad that's over...

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 07/10/12 at 9:11 pm

In response to the OP, not really. Maybe up through about '05, I do. Fall of '05 through Spring of '09 were my high school years and I didn't really feel like I made the most of those. I bet I will miss them when I'm older though.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 07/10/12 at 9:14 pm

In response to the OP, not really. Maybe up through about '05, I do. Fall of '05 through Spring of '09 were my high school years and I didn't really feel like I made the most of those. I bet I will miss them when I'm older though.

musta been weird for u to start off hs  in the snap rap era  and end with the elctro era  in HS

Written By: kingofpain on 07/10/12 at 11:05 pm

Just wait another 5-10 years.

Maybe in 10 years minimum we can seriously think about reminiscing over that decade.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 07/10/12 at 11:25 pm

musta been weird for u to start off hs  in the snap rap era  and end with the elctro era  in HS

I honestly don't really remember what was going on pop culturally (or musically, rather) when I started high school. I've never actually been into pop music that much, especially back then. I do recall though that when I was graduating, that's right about when Lady Gaga was gaining momentum. Not that I was much of a fan.

Written By: ExtremeMan8 on 07/11/12 at 12:32 am

Not true the mid 2000s and early 2000s were a different time the exact opposite of the 2010s .
not the late 2000s but the mids.

Early 2000s was very similar to late 90s and that is most definitely nostalgic. 2005 is nostalgic to me as well. It is far too early to be nostalgic and miss the 2000s as a whole because like someone just said, it just ended. It is not much different now to the late 2000s. It's just to early to be nostalgic for the whole decade. People in 2002 were not nostalgic about 1999 which was the "Great 90s" then that everyone keeps talking about today. They had nicer memories from the early 90s like 1990-1992 which usually associated to 80s stuff. It was too recent to miss the late 90s. So it's the same now and people go on and on about how good the 90s is but not the 2000s because it is just too early. No way people will be crying to go back (especially 2000s kids) to the 2000s when 2018 arrives and it will become like any other decade and it will be very nostalgic just because people will miss being younger, their childhood and memories.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 07/11/12 at 1:09 am

1999 which was the "Great 90s then that everyone keeps talking about today"

People who think that 1999 was the 'great 90's' are mostly those who were very very young at the end of the 90's. It comes from those who have their only 90's and 20th century-memories from that year. Personally, I don't associate '99 with the rest of the 90's - and definetly not with the 'great' 90's.

They had nicer memories from the early 90s like 1990-1992 which usually associated to 80s stuff.

No and no. Especially in 2002 when I thought about the early 90's, that was my real association with the 90's. That people clinch it with the 80's is something what I first noticed during the last years.

Written By: ExtremeMan8 on 07/11/12 at 2:57 am

No and no. Especially in 2002 when I thought about the early 90's, that was my real association with the 90's. That people clinch it with the 80's is something what I first noticed during the last years.

Alright well thanks for correcting me. I was too young then to really know anyway  ;D I do notice now though that many people associate early 90s stuff with the 80s.

Written By: kingofpain on 07/11/12 at 6:19 am

Alright well thanks for correcting me. I was too young then to really know anyway  ;D I do notice now though that many people associate early 90s stuff with the 80s.

Really? Do people seriously associate grunge with the 80s? Or are you mainly talking about 1990ish stuff?

Written By: Howard on 07/11/12 at 6:40 am

Maybe in 10 years minimum we can seriously think about reminiscing over that decade.

In about 10 years from now 2020-2022 we'll start reminiscing about the decade.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 07/11/12 at 11:11 am

Really? Do people seriously associate grunge with the 80s? Or are you mainly talking about 1990ish stuff?

People generally aren't including Grunge when they say that. Didn't grunge not really take off until late '91 anyway? That's almost 2 years into the decade. If you look at the songs that hit number one in 1990 they still have the 80s sound. Or just look at a 1990/91 movie like Child's Play 2 or Thelma & Louise and you'd swear it was 80s.

http://www.sparksummit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/thelma-and-louise1.jpg
^acid-wash mom jeans!

Written By: thenewtattoo on 07/11/12 at 12:55 pm

In about 10 years from now 2020-2022 we'll start reminiscing about the decade.

I could never see ppl having a fondness for the 2000s  like the 80s and 90s get

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 07/11/12 at 1:46 pm

Maan, the 2000's are over for just 2.5 years. Why should somebody feel nostalgic about them already. Just wait until 2020 and we'll see...  ::)

Written By: elr on 07/11/12 at 1:55 pm

As long as there's a penchant for dumbed-down, dull-as-dishwater, "culture".  There will always be a market.  8-P 

Written By: ExtremeMan8 on 07/11/12 at 4:53 pm

That's like saying you're new car will never run as good as you're old one just because you like the design better. In the future, the 2000s will be missed, no question. 2000s kids and people who grew up in the 2000s will have nostalgia over it (When they grow up and realize they grew up in the 2000s and not the 90s.) It's only two years since the decade has ended. Just give it some time, in the future people will miss it very much. It's just a big cycle. Next it will be 2010s, 20s, 30s, etc. that will be missed.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 07/11/12 at 5:18 pm

That's like saying you're new car will never run as good as you're old one just because you like the design better. In the future, the 2000s will be missed, no question. 2000s kids and people who grew up in the 2000s will have nostalgia over it (When they grow up and realize they grew up in the 2000s and not the 90s.) It's only two years since the decade has ended. Just give it some time, in the future people will miss it very much. It's just a big cycle. Next it will be 2010s, 20s, 30s, etc. that will be missed.

It was so bad though  there isnt anything to be fond of.  911  economy  school shootings  its 2 much to  wear rose colored glasses and ignore 

Written By: ExtremeMan8 on 07/11/12 at 6:01 pm

It was so bad though  there isnt anything to be fond of.  911  economy  school shootings  its 2 much to  wear rose colored glasses and ignore

80s had more racism, sexism and homophobia. (Not saying it didn't happen in the 2000s or it doesn't happen now, but it was more common then) 911 only happened in the U.S. same as Bush being the president. And both 80s and 90s had numerous shootings and murderers. Technology brought in more ways to find treatments for diseases and the Internet brought people to become more knowledgeable and educated about the world. 2000s brought in many positive things to look back on. Sure it is not neon clothes or the grunge look. But I'm sure some people remember and miss the emo and gangster look in the future and people who grew up then, will generally miss their childhood memories from the 2000s regardless of pop culture because that's when they had good memories form being a kid.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 07/11/12 at 7:23 pm

80s had more racism, sexism and homophobia. (Not saying it didn't happen in the 2000s or it doesn't happen now, but it was more common then) 911 only happened in the U.S. same as Bush being the president. And both 80s and 90s had numerous shootings and murderers. Technology brought in more ways to find treatments for diseases and the Internet brought people to become more knowledgeable and educated about the world. 2000s brought in many positive things to look back on. Sure it is not neon clothes or the grunge look. But I'm sure some people remember and miss the emo and gangster look in the future and people who grew up then, will generally miss their childhood memories from the 2000s regardless of pop culture because that's when they had good memories form being a kid.

False,  9 11 affected the world as a whole .  I do agree about the technology bringing ppl together yes that is true. There is no way you can forget about 911 or an economy that made everyones job get effected in some way.

Written By: Howard on 07/11/12 at 7:32 pm

I don't know what's so great about the 2000's.

Written By: bchris02 on 07/11/12 at 7:34 pm

The economy in the 2000s was actually pretty good up until the final two years of the decade.  From my memory, there were more school shootings in the '90s than the '00s, or maybe they just got more media attention in the '90s. 

Written By: thenewtattoo on 07/11/12 at 7:41 pm

The economy in the 2000s was actually pretty good up until the final two years of the decade.  From my memory, there were more school shootings in the '90s than the '00s, or maybe they just got more media attention in the '90s.

Yeah the Economy was 90s ish  until 2008      every year the economy would dip more and more    so if 2002 it was like a 99%  2004 75%  2006  59%  2007 29 %  until the economy just stopped        etc    it was pretty good  until the forecloses. Every time i look at pics though from the 2000s i see this SMUG vibe  like if you only knew what was coming after 2008  lol

Written By: singer on 07/12/12 at 9:49 am

I was a 90's kid and a 00's teen and I already miss the early-mid 2000's like 2001-2004. 2000 was too much like the late 90's and 2005 was so-so, but it sucked.

Written By: Creeder on 07/12/12 at 4:28 pm

I'm a 90s kid and 00s teen and I already miss the 2000s. I didn't follow the pop culture, but I just miss those good times in my life.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 07/17/12 at 6:59 pm

I was a 90's kid and a 00's teen and I already miss the early-mid 2000's like 2001-2004. 2000 was too much like the late 90's and 2005 was so-so, but it sucked.

2005 was not bad

Check for new replies or respond here...