inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rap music and it's followers

Written By: Dexter on 07/16/11 at 11:48 am

It's been written that most people who enjoy rap music are

1) More likely to curse more often than other people
2) Usuaully are strong willed and rebel against authority
3) Have weaker morals and poor godly standards
4) Are self-centered and egotistical
5) Are rude, bossy, and get into an argument just for the sake of it
6) Will "die" arguing and fighting for a cause even if it means hurting others because they think they are right.

Subject: Re: Rap music and it's followers

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/16/11 at 1:22 pm

Pu-lease!  The same things were said about punk and metal.

Written By: snozberries on 07/16/11 at 2:55 pm

Pu-lease!  The same things were said about punk and metal.

yeah....but in those cases it's true.....  I'm not falling into this dudes trap... he's a troll and if he can't be bothered (or allowed) to register for an account he's just wasting space...let's go find someone less cowardly to play with!  ;)

Written By: 80sfan on 07/16/11 at 3:39 pm

Yo yo yo!  8)

Written By: gibbo on 07/16/11 at 4:18 pm

.... and he left out that they have no taste!  :P

Written By: Howard on 07/16/11 at 7:27 pm

or they can't sing for peanuts.  :P

Written By: whistledog on 07/16/11 at 7:44 pm

5) Are rude, bossy, and get into an argument just for the sake of it

I don't listen to rap music, jerkface.  What's that say about me, you pompous ass.

(And for those who didn't get that, I was of course joking)

Written By: Shiv on 07/16/11 at 8:55 pm

People who let rap influence their behavior are morons to begin with. Its just entertainment.

Written By: Brian06 on 07/16/11 at 10:36 pm

It's just music dude. I know plenty of fine people that like hip-hop...don't judge.  ::)

Written By: 80sfan on 07/16/11 at 11:09 pm

I don't listen to rap music, jerkface.  What's that say about me, you pompous ass.

Oh, I get it, you're trying to prove a point!  ;D

Written By: Henk on 07/17/11 at 1:05 am

I know I shouldn't be feeding the trolls, but this guy's been here before, posting basically the same unfounded crap.

I'm surprised he didn't include "will shoot anyone within a 30 foot radius with their .44 Magnum", or something of the same tenor... ::)

Written By: snozberries on 07/17/11 at 1:20 am

that's why I didn't bite Henk.... I'm tired of all this crap and these people who have nothing better to do than stir the pot just because they are no-life-having-losers....

.... and he left out that they have no taste!  :P

this offends me....you know I generally have a good sense of humor but I love rap and I think it requires a lot of talent to do it. Not all rap is great but not all of any genre is great... I, personally, hate country music but I have never judged another member of these boards because they like it...also I try to go out of my way to not bash it because I know people like it. I respect that we have different tastes and just because it's not my style doesn't make it not music or less quality in my eyes.

I will say I bashed death metal earlier today and I will profess that I don't get it and would rather listen to someone yodel (or Opera - which I also detest) than that death metal lets scream and call it music crap but I don't bash the people who listen to it. >:(

Written By: Henk on 07/17/11 at 1:48 am

that's why I didn't bite Henk.... I'm tired of all this crap and these people who have nothing better to do than stir the pot just because they are no-life-having-losers....

Dexter...Will he ever see the light? Watch Season 6 to find out! :D

Or, even less subtly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RijB8wnJCN0

Written By: gibbo on 07/17/11 at 3:13 am

this offends me....you know I generally have a good sense of humor but I love rap and I think it requires a lot of talent to do it. Not all rap is great but not all of any genre is great... I, personally, hate country music but I have never judged another member of these boards because they like it...also I try to go out of my way to not bash it because I know people like it. I respect that we have different tastes and just because it's not my style doesn't make it not music or less quality in my eyes.

I will say I bashed death metal earlier today and I will profess that I don't get it and would rather listen to someone yodel (or Opera - which I also detest) than that death metal lets scream and call it music crap but I don't bash the people who listen to it. >:(

Sincerest apologies Q for any perceived offence given.  :(  I'll admit that I don't get the whole rap genre and am amazed that it is still alive. I don't even count it as music ... though I don't mind some songs that use it sparingly (as an effect). Country music can be in that same category (to me). I'm talking about the 'dyed in the wool' old country songs that the likes of people named Conway Twitty would sing. I don't mind some of the 'cross over' stuff though...

Anyway...while I don't like rap ... I would defend your right to listen to it (and secretly hope you liked normal music as well) ;)  But , after saying all that...  you know I probably won't be able to help myself and WILL open my big mouth sometime again in the future. I'd better save this post somewhere.... :-\\

Written By: Howard on 07/17/11 at 6:50 am

People who let rap influence their behavior are morons to begin with. Its just entertainment.

singers are trying to entertain you,that's all.

Written By: Howard on 07/17/11 at 6:50 am

I listen to old school rap.

Written By: Shiv on 07/17/11 at 6:56 am

The thing I find funny about rap is originally it was a rebellion against top 40 pop and mainstream culture. Look what it is today...

Written By: snozberries on 07/17/11 at 11:19 am

Dexter...Will he ever see the light? Watch Season 6 to find out! :D

Or, even less subtly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RijB8wnJCN0

;D 

IOU K

Written By: Howard on 07/17/11 at 12:19 pm

The thing I find funny about rap is originally it was a rebellion against top 40 pop and mainstream culture. Look what it is today...

rap used to have fun lyrics now they contain loads of obscenities.

Written By: snozberries on 07/17/11 at 1:37 pm

rap used to have fun lyrics now they contain loads of obscenities.

rap music has always had obscene lyrics....not all rap music but a good portion of it.... likewise there is plenty of rap music today that has little or no swearing.

Written By: Henk on 07/18/11 at 5:35 am

;D 

IOU K

Thanks! :)

I was temted to post "How I Could Just Kill A Man" by the same artists (all in jest, of course), but people might get a wrong impression of me. ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/18/11 at 6:18 am

rap music has always had obscene lyrics....not all rap music but a good portion of it.... likewise there is plenty of rap music today that has little or no swearing.

How about the rap between 1980-1985?

Written By: snozberries on 07/18/11 at 7:16 am

;D 

IOU K

Paid!

Thanks! :)

I was temted to post "How I Could Just Kill A Man" by the same artists (all in jest, of course), but people might get a wrong impression of me. ;)

;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/18/11 at 7:16 am

How about the rap between 1980-1985?

what about it?

Written By: Howard on 07/18/11 at 1:08 pm

what about it?

the explicit lyrics back then wasn't as crazy as it is now.

Written By: whistledog on 07/18/11 at 8:24 pm

What expicit lyrics?

Written By: snozberries on 07/18/11 at 9:39 pm

That goes for everything Howard. Rap, movies, tv.  The climate of the culture changed and along with it the levels of acceptable cursing. I remember how you couldn't say God damn on tv but I noticed that I've heard it several times this week.

Look at how much they curse on reality tv. They just bleep it out now but a few yrs ago it wouldn't make the air at all.

Movies that would once be considered R are now PG-13 and movies that were considered PG-13 are PG  times change and entertainment changes with it.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/19/11 at 1:00 am

Rap is the reason for our degenerate and deprave culture.  >:(

No no, just kidding. Just kidding.  ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/19/11 at 1:24 am

Hey, some of it is still a rebellion against top 40 pop and mainstream culture.  Look what it is today...

fhuUM3uvhwI

- Jace Hall ft. YTCracker, LOL Money

And it even comes with a Beastie Boys tribute halfway through.  What's not to like?

Written By: Howard on 07/19/11 at 6:41 am

What expicit lyrics?

words like bitch or damn.

Written By: Howard on 07/19/11 at 6:42 am

That goes for everything Howard. Rap, movies, tv.  The climate of the culture changed and along with it the levels of acceptable cursing. I remember how you couldn't say God damn on tv but I noticed that I've heard it several times this week.

Look at how much they curse on reality tv. They just bleep it out now but a few yrs ago it wouldn't make the air at all.

Movies that would once be considered R are now PG-13 and movies that were considered PG-13 are PG  times change and entertainment changes with it.

or even god damn mother****er,I remember that was said in the late 70's,early 80's.

Written By: tv on 07/19/11 at 8:58 am

That goes for everything Howard. Rap, movies, tv.  The climate of the culture changed and along with it the levels of acceptable cursing. I remember how you couldn't say God damn on tv but I noticed that I've heard it several times this week.

Movies that would once be considered R are now PG-13 and movies that were considered PG-13 are PG  times change and entertainment changes with it.
Yeah  In my opinion shows like these Housewives Shows give women a little bit of a bad reputation because of the way they act with the cursing they do. I know they are crazy women out there like these women on these housewives shows but luckily they don't make up a big population of women. I also don't like women acting like fools with punching each other on TV and pointing their fingers at each other and screaming. Thats not a way for women to act.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/19/11 at 9:00 am

Yeah  In my opinion shows like these Housewives shows give women a little bit of a bad reputation because of the way they act with the cursing they do. I know they are crazy women out there like these women on these housewives shows but luckily they don't make up a big population of women. I also don't like women acting like fools with punching each other on TV and pointing their fingers at each other and screaming. Thats not a way for women to act.

I agree 100% with you. Some of the fights are too intense.

Written By: Shiv on 07/19/11 at 11:36 am

That goes for everything Howard. Rap, movies, tv.  The climate of the culture changed and along with it the levels of acceptable cursing. I remember how you couldn't say God damn on tv but I noticed that I've heard it several times this week.

In just a decade or two the f word has gone from taboo to casually used in regular conversation, basically.

Written By: snozberries on 07/19/11 at 11:48 am

Yeah  In my opinion shows like these Housewives Shows give women a little bit of a bad reputation because of the way they act with the cursing they do. I know they are crazy women out there like these women on these housewives shows but luckily they don't make up a big population of women. I also don't like women acting like fools with punching each other on TV and pointing their fingers at each other and screaming. Thats not a way for women to act.

I don't consider the real housewives shows reality tv. I was thinking of Hell's Kitchen. They curse a lot on HK & yet every year they seem to step it up more.

Written By: snozberries on 07/19/11 at 11:49 am

That's because they are scripted to be

Written By: snozberries on 07/19/11 at 11:51 am

In just a decade or two the f word has gone from taboo to casually used in regular conversation, basically.

Yeah I'm fudgeing aware of that fudgeing fact  ;)

It still took Tv awhile to permeate into primetime tv.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/19/11 at 12:20 pm

If someone from 1954 came to 2011, they'd be shocked by all the cussing!  :o

Written By: 80sfan on 07/19/11 at 12:21 pm

That's because they are scripted to be

Yes.  :D

Written By: 80sfan on 07/19/11 at 12:21 pm

Yeah I'm fudgeing aware of that fudgeing fact  ;)

It still took Tv awhile to permeate into primetime tv.

I'm not a big cusser, but I don't have a problem with people who do.

Written By: snozberries on 07/19/11 at 2:33 pm

I think people in 54 cussed more than we think they did.

I fudgeing cuss all the goddamn fudgeing time!  The more comfortable I am w/ u the more likely I am to motherfudge you up one side and down the other  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 07/19/11 at 4:11 pm

I'm sure someone from 1954 would be shocked at a lot of things.  Like female doctors, coed colleges, openly gay people, readily available birth control, the list goes on and on. 

Written By: snozberries on 07/19/11 at 4:30 pm

I'm sure someone from 1954 would be shocked at a lot of things.  Like female doctors, coed colleges, openly gay people, readily available birth control, the list goes on and on. 

Black people at the front of the bus oh.....and ...... Barack Obama!!!

Written By: Howard on 07/19/11 at 7:21 pm

such as Jersey Shore,Real Housewives and some MTV teen shows.

Written By: Howard on 07/19/11 at 7:22 pm

whatever happened to pleasant conversation these days?  ???

Written By: Howard on 07/19/11 at 7:24 pm

cussing runs in my family.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/19/11 at 7:34 pm

Black people at the front of the bus oh.....and ...... Barack Obama!!!

Apartheid was the law of the land, as ugly and insidious as anything we see anywhere.

Written By: whistledog on 07/19/11 at 9:12 pm

words like bitch or damn.

I do not consider bitch or damn as swears because I grew up hearing these words on 'The Golden Girls', and since swearing is not allowed on Prime Time, they cannot be swears lol

Written By: snozberries on 07/20/11 at 2:08 am

I do not consider bitch or damn as swears because I grew up hearing these words on 'The Golden Girls', and since swearing is not allowed on Prime Time, they cannot be swears lol

hell, when James Evans died Florida said Damn! DAMN! DAMN!!! that was like 1975 or something.

Written By: Howard on 07/20/11 at 6:43 am

how do you know?  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...