inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do any of you remember the MySpace music scene?

Written By: nintieskid999 on 10/30/11 at 4:05 pm

That was one of the best places to get music in the 2000s. MySpace bands and internet radio were really big.

Subject: Re: Do any of you remember the MySpace music scene?

Written By: 80sfan on 10/30/11 at 4:28 pm

Yes, it was VERY underground though. It was also a very mid-00s thing.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 10/30/11 at 5:49 pm

Yes, it was VERY underground though. It was also a very mid-00s thing.

It was very big in 05/06 and a lot of it was definitely underground. I used MySpace a lot for music and I'm so glad I did. I found many great songs and had good musical memories. I sometimes wonder how many others did the same. It was nice that the Internet gave us a new alternative for finding music.

Written By: 80sfan on 10/30/11 at 5:59 pm

It's too bad it didn't last longer. I wonder why things changed?  ???

Written By: nintieskid999 on 10/30/11 at 6:06 pm

It's too bad it didn't last longer. I wonder why things changed?  ???

I think it's because MySpace changed. It used to be a lot more customizable. It's also because MySpace became less popular and Facebook became the social networking site people raved about. I really miss how easily you could find new songs you loved via the internet.

Written By: joeman on 10/30/11 at 9:45 pm

I didn't use Myspace to listen to music, but I did check out tour dates with bands I did like.  Also, a lot of bands got popular through Myspace.

Written By: tnf on 10/31/11 at 10:27 pm

I think it's because MySpace changed. It used to be a lot more customizable. It's also because MySpace became less popular and Facebook became the social networking site people raved about. I really miss how easily you could find new songs you loved via the internet.

Nowadays, there are new ways to find them. Mixcloud, Soundcloud... If you search for an obscure song (especially if it's urban or dance/electronic), there's a chance I will find it there. And not to mention Spotify. :)

Written By: sonikuu on 11/04/11 at 11:37 am

The Myspace music scene was pretty big at my school.  My school was a little weird in that a lot of the preppy kids listened to a ton of Emo music (alongside Hip-Hop of course), so it wasn't just an "emo kid" thing.  A lot of the kids who tried forming bands at my school promoted their music through Myspace.  That said, many of the Myspace music bands were Emo or Pop-Punk, so it was a very mid-00s thing. 

Written By: Creeder on 11/04/11 at 1:48 pm

Can you name some of the bands that actually got famous through Myspace ???

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/04/11 at 1:51 pm

Can you name some of the bands that actually got famous through Myspace ???

One Republic?

Check for new replies or respond here...