inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cold Case TV Show

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/25/12 at 7:44 pm

Any fans of the TV show, Cold Case? I love that show so much, I still DVR the reruns of it. It ran from like 2003 to around 2010. I especially loved the music they used for each show. I often wondered why they haven't brought it to DVD to purchase, but read somewhere that (like The Wonder Years) there were too many copyright issues with all of the popular music they used on each episode. I wish it would have lasted longer!

Subject: Re: Cold Case TV Show

Written By: snozberries on 04/25/12 at 10:47 pm

Yeah it's sad it will never be on DVD or if they do put it on DVD they may have to change some songs.  I ultimately made a spread sheet of every case and suspect and victim to track how many times it was a family member.....happened a lot. I didn't do the math on it but pretty safe to guess it's a family member and you'd be right 4 out of 5 times probably lol

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/26/12 at 12:07 am

I loved that show and was kinda looking forward to maybe seeing the police headquarters that they have in the show while we were in Philadelphia.  I still watch reruns too.  At least we got to see the courthouse that they use in the series.

I really liked the backstories of the characters. 

Do you have a favorite episode or storyline of one of the main characters?

It really got me interested in real life stories of cold cases.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/26/12 at 8:18 am

Yeah it's sad it will never be on DVD or if they do put it on DVD they may have to change some songs.  I ultimately made a spread sheet of every case and suspect and victim to track how many times it was a family member.....happened a lot. I didn't do the math on it but pretty safe to guess it's a family member and you'd be right 4 out of 5 times probably lol

That's pretty cool, Q. Now that you mention it, it does seem like it is usually a family member!

I loved that show and was kinda looking forward to maybe seeing the police headquarters that they have in the show while we were in Philadelphia.  I still watch reruns too.  At least we got to see the courthouse that they use in the series.

Patty, I don't think I have a favorite, it seems like every episode pulls you in, once you start watching it. There have been some really sad episodes though, I find myself actually crying. The backstories are really neat. I love how they show the people when they were younger, while they are talking to them in the present day. They do a really good job with getting actors/actresses that resemble the person too!

Written By: Henk on 04/26/12 at 9:16 am

Patty, I don't think I have a favorite, it seems like every episode pulls you in, once you start watching it. There have been some really sad episodes though, I find myself actually crying. The backstories are really neat. I love how they show the people when they were younger, while they are talking to them in the present day. They do a really good job with getting actors/actresses that resemble the person too!

Yes they did, didn't they? That was one of the reasons why I got hooked. Not because of the main characters...No matter how hard I tried, I kept feeling they could've done a much better job there (both in story lines as well as in actors).

FTR: Cold Case isn't aired over here anymore.

Written By: karen on 04/26/12 at 10:39 am

I was just trying to think whether it was still shown in the UK.  :-\\  Perhaps when 5 USA has run out of CSI episodes!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/26/12 at 11:47 am

It ended in 2010, and I didn't see it on TV for awhile, now they are starting to air the reruns again (thankfully!).

Written By: snozberries on 04/26/12 at 7:33 pm

Patty the head quarters, at least the interiors, were shot in a sound stage in Hollywood. they did some external shots for some eps in Philly but about 90% of the show was shot on the Warner Bros lot and the LA area.

My favorite eps is the Season 2 premeire... The Badlands... they return to the case Lily was about to investigate in the pilot before getting called off to  begin investigating the "Skakel" case.

Another one I really love is Fireflies (Season 4) the one with the two girls who are friends, (one is black the other white) and one of the girls goes missing..... great episode.

Strange Fruit (season 2) the lynching ep, always makes me cry.

Mind Hunters... Season two....that was a straight up Criminal minds ep  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/26/12 at 7:36 pm

Yes they did, didn't they? That was one of the reasons why I got hooked. Not because of the main characters...No matter how hard I tried, I kept feeling they could've done a much better job there (both in story lines as well as in actors).

I liked the main cast....except for Danny Pino... I hated Danny Pino (and hate him on SVU)  but I liked everyone else...their personal stories weren't terribly interesting or well developed tho.

anyone watch The Killing?  Cold Case exec Producer Veena Sud is also EP of The Killing

Written By: snozberries on 04/26/12 at 7:38 pm

It ended in 2010, and I didn't see it on TV for awhile, now they are starting to air the reruns again (thankfully!).

for a few years it aired really late on CBS...like maybe 1am.  The reruns are edited and it's annoying but I still watch them

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/26/12 at 9:23 pm

I liked the main cast....except for Danny Pino... I hated Danny Pino (and hate him on SVU)  but I liked everyone else...their personal stories weren't terribly interesting or well developed tho.

anyone watch The Killing?  Cold Case exec Producer Veena Sud is also EP of The Killing

Speaking of SVU, I can hardly watch it now...it sucks so bad.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/27/12 at 2:25 am

Speaking of SVU, I can hardly watch it now...it sucks so bad.

Never liked SVU.  Eliot was.....I don't know.....annoying, and Olivia is worse, and for some reason I find her face hard to look at. A friend of mine said her facial expressions were like cold lasagna, and I knew what he meant.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/08/12 at 2:15 am

Never liked SVU.  Eliot was.....I don't know.....annoying, and Olivia is worse, and for some reason I find her face hard to look at. A friend of mine said her facial expressions were like cold lasagna, and I knew what he meant.  ;D

Criminal Intent is WAAAAAY worse than SVU.  It's  Law & Order, POS.  It's turning it a cross between Starskey and Hutch and the X-Files!  Plus they've got like the Francoise Kevorkian remix of the Law & Order theme which keeps crashing in during the scenes...
:P

As for Cold Case, this is the kind of cold case Maxwell likes:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vdD6PQUKqtk/TkHH_fxM1zI/AAAAAAAABpc/4zCzRNZo4n4/s1600/Sam%2BAdams%2B-%2B12pk.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/11/12 at 1:00 pm

There was something about Elliot (Christopher Meloni, specifically, lol) that made me want to jump him! :D Maybe it was because I saw his naked body on the TV show, OZ. I dunno. :P :D

Written By: kellygoo72 on 05/15/12 at 12:17 am

I miss Stabler but, SVU is still watchable, at least in my book :)

Check for new replies or respond here...