inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Theory about the 2000s Culture that might fudge with your mind

Written By: thenewtattoo on 05/27/12 at 4:53 pm

2000s culture

Anyone ever think  the 80s type of me me me attitude and the less than stellar snap rap + 50 cent
was suppose to happen in order for us to appreciate the  upbeat music we have now? I am saying in
a context if you think about it  its like  pop culture got sheeshty as hell for a bit until returning to normal.
Now granted the 2008 rescission is no return to former prosperity but in terms of pop culture bit im talking in terms of
we didnt know what we lost until Pop stars came back in the limelight.

Subject: Re: Theory about the 2000s Culture that might fudge with your mind

Written By: Inertia on 06/02/12 at 8:38 am

Honestly, it seems like the majority of people are so quick to complain about the 00's, but in reality the 00's had both its up and downs like any decade does.

The music and pop culture of the time was not "sheeshty" as you put it. Whatever the hell that is supposed to mean. It just didn't appeal to you personally. There are positives and negatives to everything.

Written By: ExtremeMan8 on 06/02/12 at 7:55 pm

Yeah every decade has different culture. There is nothing wrong with the 2000s. I enjoyed growing up in the 2000s when technology was slowly rising to what it is today.

Written By: elr on 06/20/12 at 10:26 pm

The 00's was king when it came to everything that completely sucked.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/21/12 at 10:53 am

I wish I could karma you! LOL.  ;D

Written By: singer on 06/25/12 at 6:14 pm

Actually, I think 2006-2012 suck way more than 2000-2005. Back then we didn't have sh**y stars like the ones we have now. I no longer listen to music these days. Teens back then were not the spoiled brats that lose too much time being in front of the PC all day long.

Written By: elr on 06/25/12 at 6:55 pm

Actually, I think 2006-2012 suck way more than 2000-2005. Back then we didn't have sh**y stars like the ones we have now. I no longer listen to music these days. Teens back then were not the spoiled brats that lose too much time being in front of the PC all day long.

IMO, There were still s**y stars back then, but I do agree that it was 2006 is when things got worse. 

Written By: elr on 06/25/12 at 6:56 pm

I wish I could karma you! LOL.  ;D

Thanks karma to you too.

Written By: Inertia on 06/27/12 at 12:54 pm

::) Not everything about the 00's sucked. Lmao

You can look at any decade and find negative aspects about it be it the music, fashion, excessive drug use, political unrest, wars, economic issues, or whatever. Why are you so bitter?

Written By: elr on 06/28/12 at 1:26 pm

::) Not everything about the 00's sucked. Lmao
Why are you so bitter?

Well that was meant to be toungue in cheek  ::).  And I'm not bitter,  but not going to give personal assurance to unwarranted optimism either.

Written By: Inertia on 06/28/12 at 3:33 pm

Well that was meant to be toungue in cheek  ::).  And I'm not bitter,  but not going to give personal assurance to unwarranted optimism either.

Tongue in cheek or otherwise it's difficult to tell a difference through computer mediated communication as there is a lack of non-verbal cues which are present in face-to-face situations.

Regardless, you don't have to display unwarranted optimism, but there's no reason to act like a Debbie Downer either.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 06/28/12 at 5:03 pm

The 2000s sucked  89% of the time

Written By: Inertia on 06/29/12 at 6:34 pm

The 2000s sucked  89% of the time

Clearly this statistic is based on solid evidence and factual data. ::) 

....NOT.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 06/29/12 at 11:03 pm

i have a pie chart

Written By: Henk on 06/30/12 at 5:33 am

i have a pie chart

Anyone can make (up) a pie chart.

Written By: singer on 06/30/12 at 5:54 am

Well for me the 2000s had their ups and downs, but generally they were better than the early 2010s for me; especially the early/mid part of the decade. I was just a teen enjoying my life; Now I'm out of college and I struggle with finding a job.

2001-2004 inclusive (save for the second part of 2002) was the best time in my life so far and I miss it with all my heart. 2000 was like the 90's but it still was way better than 2005-2012. 9/11 sucked but my life changed for the better in early 2001 when I changed schools. I found cool new friends and enjoyed the appearance of then-new cars (God, I miss Japanese/Korean cars from 2001-2005). Now all new cars look like designed by Europeans and I never liked European design in cars. 8-P

I also prefer early/mid 00's music to 2005-present one.

My personal and social life changed for the worse in early 2005 and even for worse in 2007. It's the same ever since. I'd trade my soul to the devil to go back to, say, 2003-2004. ;)

Written By: Inertia on 06/30/12 at 7:49 pm

Anyone can make (up) a pie chart.

Lmao! Yeah you can make one of those in Microsoft Office even.

It takes no real effort. XD

Written By: bchris02 on 07/11/12 at 4:11 pm

Honestly, it seems like the majority of people are so quick to complain about the 00's, but in reality the 00's had both its up and downs like any decade does.

The music and pop culture of the time was not "sheeshty" as you put it. Whatever the hell that is supposed to mean. It just didn't appeal to you personally. There are positives and negatives to everything.

Agreed.  I really liked pop culture through most of the '00s.  I even liked the late '00s dance pop before everything started sounding like the Disney Channel.  '00s music defintely > Call Me Maybe.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 07/11/12 at 5:16 pm

Agreed.  I really liked pop culture through most of the '00s.  I even liked the late '00s dance pop before everything started sounding like the Disney Channel.  '00s music defintely > Call Me Maybe.

i beg to differ

Check for new replies or respond here...