inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Reality/Talent Show Singers

Written By: whistledog on 08/09/12 at 8:29 am

It seems like more and more, contestants who gained fame on shows like American Idol are becoming quite popular with hits in the charts.

Got any favourites?

I really enjoy Cher Lloyd, Carly Rae Jepsen and Olly Murs. 
Murs never had a Top 40 hit in North America, but his single 'My Heart Skips A Beat' featuring Rizzle Kicks did reach #97 in Canada, and everytime I go into HMV, I hear it.

Subject: Re: Reality/Talent Show Singers

Written By: snozberries on 08/09/12 at 1:08 pm

With the exception of Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson- I find that I've not spent a lot of time taking interest in the contestants once the shows are over.

I like Jordin Sparks and look forward to seeing her in Sparkle but I can't name one song she's done outside of No Air....but I regularly listen to her version of I Who Have Nothing - I think that song solidified her win on Idol.

I heard that Mabye something song on the radio for the first time on the radio two days ago and heard the name Carly Rae Jepsen playing Song Pop on Facebook.... I had no idea who she was until she was mentioned here... then again when have I ever seen Canadian Idol  :D

I will say, my anti country ass, kind of likes Before He Cheats but it took about 5yrs to warm up to it.  ;D

I liked Fantasia - but never thought she should have won.. I was hoping for JHud or Latoya London that season.  And I thought Tamyra Gray should've been up against Kelly Clarkson Season One---having said that I never actively sought out Tamyra Gray or Latoya London, tho I have seen Tamyra's few attempts at acting which, as I recall were okay but not great.

After watching season one of Xfactor (US) I admit I was interested in Melanie Amora and thought I might seek out her music but her woe-is-me tweets when Whitney died seriously turned me off so now she has to find me.

I am looking forward to someday finding Astro's music I think the kid is crazy talented but his talent isn't as great as his ego so I don't intend to try too hard to find him.

I love little rachel crow and want to watch her rise to fame - i hope she doesn't go all lohan on us... will I buy her music? probably not but I will watch her movies  :)

I think I was excited about the prospect of a Crystal Bowersox album but the further I got away from that season of idol the less excitement I felt.

Written By: Howard on 08/09/12 at 2:01 pm

I enjoyed Taylor Hicks's music. His act was very impressive.

Written By: whistledog on 08/09/12 at 5:40 pm

I like Jordin Sparks and look forward to seeing her in Sparkle but I can't name one song she's done outside of No Air....but I regularly listen to her version of I Who Have Nothing - I think that song solidified her win on Idol.

Sparkle looks good.  I am hoping that Philip Michael Thomas and/or Irene Cara will make cameo appearances in it.  Gotta have an hommage to the 1976 original in there somewhere

Jordin Sparks really cranked it out on American Idol.  She was fantastic!

Written By: gibbo on 08/09/12 at 5:44 pm

With the exception of Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson- I find that I've not spent a lot of time taking interest in the contestants once the shows are over.

I heard that Mabye something song on the radio for the first time on the radio two days ago and heard the name Carly Rae Jepsen playing Song Pop on Facebook.... I had no idea who she was until she was mentioned here... then again when have I ever seen Canadian Idol  :D

I will say, my anti country ass, kind of likes Before He Cheats but it took about 5yrs to warm up to it.  ;D

I liked Fantasia - but never thought she should have won.. I was hoping for JHud or Latoya London that season.  And I thought Tamyra Gray should've been up against Kelly Clarkson Season One---having said that I never actively sought out Tamyra Gray or Latoya London, tho I have seen Tamyra's few attempts at acting which, as I recall were okay but not great.

After watching season one of Xfactor (US) I admit I was interested in Melanie Amora and thought I might seek out her music but her woe-is-me tweets when Whitney died seriously turned me off so now she has to find me.

I am looking forward to someday finding Astro's music I think the kid is crazy talented but his talent isn't as great as his ego so I don't intend to try too hard to find him.

I love little rachel crow and want to watch her rise to fame - i hope she doesn't go all lohan on us... will I buy her music? probably not but I will watch her movies  :)

You know Q ... I also thought Latoya London  should have won!

I think I was excited about the prospect of a Crystal Bowersox album but the further I got away from that season of idol the less excitement I felt.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/09/12 at 11:25 pm

David Cook, Taylor Hicks, Chris Daughtry, Ryan Malcolm, Kalan Porter, and Melissa O'Neil.

Written By: snozberries on 08/09/12 at 11:42 pm

Sparkle looks good.  I am hoping that Philip Michael Thomas and/or Irene Cara will make cameo appearances in it.  Gotta have an hommage to the 1976 original in there somewhere

Jordin Sparks really cranked it out on American Idol.  She was fantastic!

I would love to see Irene Cara in a cameo...I haven't seen or heard from her in years! 

what I'm not looking forward to is all the Whitney Houston dust up that's gonna happen in the press junket for the film...Whitney's dead must we really hear it all again???

Written By: snozberries on 08/09/12 at 11:43 pm

You know Q ... I also thought Latoya London  should have won!

saved ya from the quote box!

Hey this may be the first thing we agreed about in 2012!!!  :D O0  8)

Written By: gibbo on 08/10/12 at 7:13 am

saved ya from the quote box!

Hey this may be the first thing we agreed about in 2012!!!  :D O0  8)

Wow .. thanks for that save. My one line was in oblivion!  :o  .... and I'm sure we'll find plenty to disagree on in the future. ;) ;D

Written By: snozberries on 08/10/12 at 1:05 pm

Wow .. thanks for that save. My one line was in oblivion!  :o  .... and I'm sure we'll find plenty to disagree on in the future. ;) ;D

O0

Check for new replies or respond here...