inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My university is having an "00s Dance", don't you think that's bizarre?

Written By: big babe on 10/23/12 at 8:32 pm

I saw an advertisement for it today on campus

Subject: Re: My university is having an "00s Dance", don't you think that's bizarre?

Written By: whistledog on 10/23/12 at 8:38 pm

What's bizarre is that your name is big babe, and we don't know what you look like

Subject: Re: My university is having an "00s Dance", don't you think that's bizarre?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/23/12 at 8:46 pm

My university has a first name, it's N-O-T-R-E...

Written By: Jessica on 10/23/12 at 9:27 pm

How bizarre.

C2cMG33mWVY

Written By: Starde on 10/24/12 at 12:18 am

How bizarre.

C2cMG33mWVY

How bizzare, how bizzare.

Written By: Howard on 10/24/12 at 6:36 am

What's bizarre is that your name is big babe, and we don't know what you look like

I agree.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 10/24/12 at 8:10 pm

Pics of the flyer

Written By: tv on 10/25/12 at 12:44 pm

00's Dance: My opinion on the 00's is that it just ended recently to have a dance celebrating the decade.

Written By: Shiv on 10/25/12 at 8:26 pm

Way too soon. The 00s ended 3 years ago.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/25/12 at 8:34 pm

Your university needs to have an "Enchantment Under The Sea" dance.  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 10/25/12 at 8:54 pm

Your university needs to have an "Enchantment Under The Sea" dance.  ::)

Will Marvin Berry and the Starlighters do "Earth Angel"?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/25/12 at 9:19 pm

Zeroes need love too!
:)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/25/12 at 11:07 pm

I guess they figure there are probably still some students that remember the 00s (oh so lonnnng ago) and maybe they were on the dance committee.  They should have the 90s though since it seems to be a slight obsession around here for whatever reason.

I'm more of a fan of the 70s and 80s, (but then, I'm a little past my "university" years.)  :\'( ;D

Written By: warped on 10/26/12 at 6:06 am

Will Marvin Berry and the Starlighters do "Earth Angel"?

Is Calvin Klein going to be there? Isn't he a dreamboat?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/26/12 at 6:07 am

When's the 2011 Dance going to be?  ::) ::) ::)

Written By: Howard on 10/26/12 at 7:17 am

Way too soon. The 00s ended 3 years ago.

You would need another couple of years before you can have a dance.

Written By: Howard on 10/26/12 at 7:18 am

In 2021.

Written By: slim on 10/26/12 at 7:02 pm

lmao 2000s dance... ;D

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/27/12 at 10:19 am

The Party Rock Anthem will be the main song of that dance.

Written By: belmont22 on 10/27/12 at 10:29 am

It's not really that strange actually. There's a different generation in charge now. It's no weirder than having a 70s dance in 1982 when disco was dead as a doorknob.

Written By: bchris02 on 10/27/12 at 10:57 am

Yeah, its a little too soon to be nostalgic about Lady Gaga and Ke$ha.  However, if its theme is the early '00s it would work because today's college students were in grade school back then and many of them would be nostalgic for that time period.

Written By: belmont22 on 10/27/12 at 11:00 am

Yeah, its a little too soon to be nostalgic about Lady Gaga and Ke$ha.  However, if its theme is the early '00s it would work because today's college students were in grade school back then and many of them would be nostalgic for that time period.

Yeah an 18 year old today was only 8 in 2002 so I think it would evoke nostalgia.

Written By: Emman on 10/27/12 at 12:31 pm

Ke$ha wasn't really popular until 2010, what the heck are you talking about? ::)

Written By: belmont22 on 10/27/12 at 12:37 pm

Ke$ha wasn't really popular until 2010, what the heck are you talking about? ::)

Tik Tok is actually technically from 2009 but I agree she's not really 00s any more than Justin Bieber is. Especially since her new song is popular so you couldn't even argue she's unique to the borderline.

Written By: bchris02 on 10/27/12 at 1:51 pm

Tik Tok, her most popular song, and the only one that still gets a lot of radio play was big in the fall of 2009.  It came around the same time as Bad Romance by Lady Gaga and Evacuate the Dance Floor by Cascada.  To me, those are the songs that define the music of 2009.

Written By: Howard on 10/27/12 at 7:26 pm

Lady Gaga and Kesha are quite new so give them another 10 years or so.

Written By: Forest on 10/27/12 at 7:37 pm

Exactly. Since when did 2008 and 2009 suddenly became the whole decade? Stuff from 2000, 2001 or 2002 is 10 years or more ago. Soon, 2003 will be turning 10.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/05/12 at 10:02 pm

Since when were Kesha and Lady Gaga 00's artists? lol They were clearly 10's artists and had a few hits from the late 00's. It's not like late 00's is what defines the decade. The early and middle part of the decade is what represents it most and I feel very nostolgic around that period so it may work, but dances and parties are usually for retro decades. I do think it's too soon. I always still hear about 70s/80's dances and I haven't even heard of a 90's dance yet. Perhaps 90's dances will explode during the 2010s. :D

Written By: Headphones1989 on 11/05/12 at 10:19 pm

Since when were Kesha and Lady Gaga 00's artists? lol They were clearly 10's artists and had a few hits from the late 00's. It's not like late 00's is what defines the decade. The early and middle part of the decade is what represents it most and I feel very nostolgic around that period so it may work, but dances and parties are usually for retro decades. I do think it's too soon. I always still hear about 70s/80's dances and I haven't even heard of a 90's dance yet. Perhaps 90's dances will explode during the 2010s. :D

You can actually do it. "Everybody Dance Now" by C & C Music Factory, of course the macarena as well for the 90s.

Check for new replies or respond here...