inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The 00s equivalent of the Brat Pack?

Written By: belmont22 on 10/31/12 at 11:17 pm

Do you think Jonah Hill, Michael Cera, Ellen Page, Kat Dennings etc could be seen as the 00s equivalent of the Brat Pack? From movies like Superbad, Juno, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, and Scott Pilgrim vs the World?

All those movies have a distinctive style to them and are very much period pieces imo.

Subject: Re: The 00s equivalent of the Brat Pack?

Written By: whistledog on 11/01/12 at 4:07 pm

no

Written By: belmont22 on 11/01/12 at 7:08 pm

no

Yeah, they're probably not nearly as universally popular and I doubt will have the staying power. Kids today still enjoy Ferris Bueller, Breakfast Club, and so on, I bet my generation will pretty much forget about those movies in 20 years. In fact a couple of them already seem forgotten and aren't even five years old.

I still think there's a bit of a parallel in the sense they are all in a few teen movies and tend to star in similar styled films together.

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/02/12 at 4:16 am

I was thinking the Frat Pack. Even though they were teen actors, but ones like Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson, Will Ferrell, etc.

Written By: Inertia on 11/02/12 at 8:48 pm

no

Vouch.

Written By: TD3000 on 11/03/12 at 3:09 am

Gotta throw guys like Seth Rogen, Paul Rudd (sort of), and Jason Segel into that mix as well.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/04/12 at 1:09 am

Now I'm thinking about a Snack Pack.

Written By: belmont22 on 11/04/12 at 1:52 am

Gotta throw guys like Seth Rogen, Paul Rudd (sort of), and Jason Segel into that mix as well.

True.

Check for new replies or respond here...