inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: In less than two months ....

Written By: belmont22 on 11/05/12 at 7:41 am

Approximately seven and a half weeks from now, there will be teenagers born in the year 2000! That just blows my mind. I mean, I know from a logical perspective that people get older, and eventually die ... but it's just so weird that it actually happens.

I'm a full ten years older than these people, which is amazing. I'm 22, which is still very young, but it's weird that I'm no longer part of the youngest generation of people. In fact, I did the math and I'm older than something like 35 percent of the people alive on the planet today, which would put me into the middle third of humanity age-wise. I will most likely enter the older half of the human race by the early 2020s which is less than 10 years from now.

It's just bizarre that there are teenagers who can't even remember 2002, let alone the 90s. Hell a 13 year old would barely remember the era when I was a younger teen, and my childhood would be ancient to them.

I never believed people older than me when they said that life goes by fast, and that getting older is weird. But they were all so right.

Subject: Re: In less than two months ....

Written By: warped on 11/05/12 at 7:51 am

I never believed people older than me when they said that life goes by fast, and that getting older is weird. But they were all so right.

And every year will go by quicker and quicker.
You'll see.

Written By: belmont22 on 11/05/12 at 7:52 am

You'll see.

Actually, 2011 and 2012 went by a lot slower to me than the 10 years prior to that. But then again, a lot has changed in my life since then, with moving out of my mom's house and many trips.

Written By: warped on 11/05/12 at 8:06 am

Actually, 2011 and 2012 went by a lot slower to me than the 10 years prior to that. But then again, a lot has changed in my life since then, with moving out of my mom's house and many trips.

When you get older, years will go by quicker. Honestly, I can't even believe the 90s are over sometimes, I dump them together with the 00s and they all become one quick blurr.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 11/05/12 at 8:19 am

Approximately seven and a half weeks from now, there will be teenagers born in the year 2000!

Yeah, and it makes you feel quite old if you were already older then them in 2000, like I was.

They will also look on the early 2000's like I look on the late 80's. NOW we're talking about generational differences.

Written By: Headphones1989 on 11/05/12 at 11:56 am

Yeah, and it makes you feel quite old if you were already older then them in 2000, like I was.

They will also look on the early 2000's like I look on the late 80's. NOW we're talking about generational differences.

It is a little shocking that there will be lots of teenagers (although people born in 1999 already are) who will be too young to remember 9/11. I was born in 1989 and someone with a memory like mine will look at 2003 the same way I look at 1992.

Written By: Headphones1989 on 11/05/12 at 12:22 pm

If teenagers will be too young to clearly remember 2002, if even at all, this means it's completely safe to assume they won't remember:

* Sydney 2000 olympics
* The commerical introductions of PlayStation 2, Gamecube or Ipods (at least in the United States)
* 9/11 or Bill Clinton being US President
* The Euro first becoming a currency
* The first three years of Malcolm In The Middle and five seasons of Survivor
* At least one, probably two Lord of The Rings films

Because they were 2 or younger when these happened, if even born yet.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 11/05/12 at 12:36 pm

* The Euro first becoming a currency

Yeah, I live in Germany and it seems that also today's 18-year-olds only seem to barely remember our old currency.... while it's still normal for me to convert some prices in mind - even nearly 11 years later ;)

At least for most Europeans, the introduction of the Euro can divide subgenerations.

Written By: Headphones1989 on 11/05/12 at 12:51 pm

Hey teenager, Family Guy and Spongebob Squarepants started before you were even born!

Written By: Headphones1989 on 11/05/12 at 1:13 pm

Hey teenager, Family Guy and Spongebob Squarepants started before you were even born!

Hey teenager...

* You were born after the beginning of Family Guy and Spongebob Squarepants and also after the release of The Matrix and Pokemon: The First Movie

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 11/05/12 at 2:32 pm

Wow...it's weird to think there are teens and preteens now who might consider themselves "too old" for Spongebob and weren't even born yet when it premiered 0_0

I guess people would probably say that about me and The Simpsons. I wasn't born yet when it premiered.

In less than two years, we will actually have babies born in the 00s in high school. Now that will be strange...

Written By: Headphones1989 on 11/05/12 at 2:37 pm

Wow...it's weird to think there are teens and preteens now who might consider themselves "too old" for Spongebob and weren't even born yet when it premiered 0_0

I guess people would probably say that about me and The Simpsons. I wasn't born yet when it premiered.

In less than two years, we will actually have babies born in the 00s in high school. Now that will be strange...

I was born in 1989 so I was born in the 80s. It's shocking that someone born in the 90s can be 23 next year. People born in the 90s just seem different to people born in the 80s like me.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 11/05/12 at 2:38 pm

Even somebody just one year or even just a few months younger than you?

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 11/05/12 at 2:45 pm

Seems there is somebody fooling around again. Probably somebody who was born after the first Star Wars Movie but alive when Czechoslovakia was still a country.

Written By: Headphones1989 on 11/05/12 at 2:46 pm

I just find it hilarious that people born in 1990 often get the "born in the 90s" treatment while I can claim the "born in the 80s" title.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 11/05/12 at 2:49 pm

I just find it hilarious that people born in 1990 often get the "born in the 90s" treatment while I can claim the "born in the 80s" title.

I remember when people born in 1989 were little kids to me.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 11/05/12 at 3:07 pm

I don't really get that except from...well...people on here. Anyone who applies a singular stigma to all people born in the same decade would have to be pretty ignorant and haven't really taken the time to consider that A) they're likening 22 year olds to 12/13 year olds, and that B) trends, fashions, etc. don't actually cyclically change every Jan 1 of a new year which has 0 as the last digit. I wouldn't think someone born in 1999 is on a different plain of experience and maturity than someone born in 2000. And in this case, there's not only a decade gap, but a century and millennium gap.

Written By: warped on 11/05/12 at 3:08 pm

I know whow you feel. I remember when people born in 1969 were little kids to me.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 11/05/12 at 3:09 pm

Seems there is somebody fooling around again. Probably somebody who was born after the first Star Wars Movie but alive when Czechoslovakia was still a country.

oh my, again?

Written By: Headphones1989 on 11/05/12 at 3:22 pm

What's so special about being born between Stars Wars and the Czech Republic? I was born in 1989, which is between those years but really? Why not alive when Cheers was airing on television?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/05/12 at 3:22 pm

You'll see.
More candles on the birthday cake, producing more of a fire risk.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/05/12 at 3:23 pm

What's so special about being born between Stars Wars and the Czech Republic? I was born in 1989, which is between those years but really? Why not alive when Cheers was airing on television?
Is that the Stars Wars of the 1970's or the Stars Wars of the 1990's?

Written By: Headphones1989 on 11/05/12 at 3:26 pm

Is that the Stars Wars of the 1970's or the Stars Wars of the 1990's?

The German guy said the first so I guess he's referring to the 1970s one. Is Star Wars really that old? I thought it came out in the 80s for some reason. But was Czechoslovakia really better than Czech Republic and Slovakia? I'm just curious.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 11/05/12 at 3:39 pm

oh my, again?

Pretty obvious IMO. A 23-year-old in 2012 who feels superior among people who turn 23 in 2013 can't be serious.

Written By: Emman on 11/05/12 at 3:41 pm

You'll see.

Boy am I feeling this now, my entire twenties have flown by, I remember turning 20 like it was yesterday and now I will be in my thirties come 2015. My perception of time has gotten even faster since age 24-25, these last few years literally feel like the last couple of months to me.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 11/05/12 at 3:42 pm

Do you like strawberries?

Written By: Headphones1989 on 11/05/12 at 3:44 pm

They're okay I guess. I prefer bananas though.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 11/05/12 at 3:48 pm

Boy am I feeling this now, my entire twenties have flown by, I remember turning 20 like it was yesterday and now I will be in my thirties come 2015. My perception of time has gotten even faster since age 24-25, these last few years literally feel like the last couple of months to me.

Yeah, that's what I am observing, too. It feels like I was 23 just yesterday and in a few months I'll be already in my late 20's.

Written By: Headphones1989 on 11/05/12 at 3:54 pm

Do you like steak?

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 11/05/12 at 4:06 pm

Pretty obvious IMO. A 23-year-old in 2012 who feels superior among people who turn 23 in 2013 can't be serious.

How often are people really identified by their birth year or birth decade as opposed to their normal age in years anyway? To someone who is 47, a 23 year old and a 22 year old are both just "young people in their 20s" regardless if one was born in the 80s and the other in the 90s. In the real world, rarely does anyone actually take the time to do the math in their head and figure out what exact year someone was born after finding out their age.

On the flip side...any late 80s-borns who feel superior to early 90s-borns...I would tell tell them to enjoy the "80s baby cred" while they can. It sounds cool and distinguishing now while we're young and in the prime of our lives, but some day it will just make you feel old. Just ask someone born in 1949 if they appreciate being reminded that they were born in the 1940s -- the same decade WWII took place, as opposed to someone born in 1950 who might seem slightly younger due to the "5" and get grouped in more with the 1959 people, per those who group everyone born in the same decade together.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 11/05/12 at 4:16 pm

And while I'm at it...I think anyone with "19" in the birth year will all just be seen as collectively ancient 50 or 60 years from now, regardless if the 3rd digit is a 7 or an 8 or a 9, since we will not have even been born in the current millennium.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 11/05/12 at 4:39 pm

In the real world, rarely does anyone actually take the time to do the math in their head and figure out what exact year someone was born after finding out their age.

Actually I do, but that's probably not the case for the majority.

And those who just estimate a birth year, will anyway come to something like 'around 1990', no matter if you were born in 1988 or 1992 - if you know what I mean.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 11/05/12 at 4:50 pm

Actually I do, but that's probably not the case for the majority.

And those who just estimate a birth year, will anyway come to something like 'around 1990', no matter if you were born in 1988 or 1992 - if you know what I mean.

I do too sometimes, but that's probably because we and a lot of people here like discussing years/decades. But like you said, the majority probably doesn't.

Written By: whistledog on 11/05/12 at 4:52 pm

If it blows your mind that teenageers from the 2000s will exist, then I think you need a woman to blow more than your mind ::)

Written By: Headphones1989 on 11/05/12 at 4:59 pm

If it blows your mind that teenageers from the 2000s will exist, then I think you need a woman to blow more than your mind ::)

People born in the 2000s aren't even legal, much less real women.

Written By: belmont22 on 11/05/12 at 6:30 pm

I was born in 1989 so I was born in the 80s. It's shocking that someone born in the 90s can be 23 next year. People born in the 90s just seem different to people born in the 80s like me.

Lmao.

Written By: belmont22 on 11/05/12 at 6:33 pm

On the flip side...any late 80s-borns who feel superior to early 90s-borns...I would tell tell them to enjoy the "80s baby cred" while they can. It sounds cool and distinguishing now while we're young and in the prime of our lives, but some day it will just make you feel old. Just ask someone born in 1949 if they appreciate being reminded that they were born in the 1940s -- the same decade WWII took place, as opposed to someone born in 1950 who might seem slightly younger due to the "5" and get grouped in more with the 1959 people, per those who group everyone born in the same decade together.

I would just consider them both baby boomers and both approaching old age.

Written By: CG on 11/11/12 at 12:23 am

Wow this is really depressing! I was born in 88, so I'm 24. My life went from feeling so young to feeling so old after 20 :( college destroys you!

Written By: DarthScorpio12 on 11/18/12 at 4:56 pm

I was born in late 89, and graduated in 2008 and started school in 1995 with people born in 1990. I feel like more of an early 90s baby than an 80s baby. Most of my friends are born in the early 90s, so i disagree with you on that. I just turned 23, and my friends born in the early 90s are going to be turning 23 in a couple months. I don't see how we're in a different group. We all grew up together...

Written By: L on 11/18/12 at 11:46 pm

It doesn't matter if you were born in late 80s or early 90s, what matters is how you look at the end of the day. I meet girls born in 1993 who look like they were born in the 70s. Smoking and drinking or tanning will do it to you. At the same time, I meet girls born in the late 80s who could easily pass for 18. It depends on the person not the year they were born. Who cares about street cred? I would never even call myself an 80s baby. I was born at the end of the decade and I cant remember it. I was also still a kid in the 90s. The early 00s was more my time. The only thing that's cool about years is the Chinese zodiac it corresponds to. Lol, that's the only fun thing.

Written By: 80s guy on 11/19/12 at 6:41 am

I was born in late 89, and graduated in 2008 and started school in 1995 with people born in 1990. I feel like more of an early 90s baby than an 80s baby. Most of my friends are born in the early 90s, so i disagree with you on that. I just turned 23, and my friends born in the early 90s are going to be turning 23 in a couple months. I don't see how we're in a different group. We all grew up together...

Why are you taking such posts seriously anyway?

There are some differences between mid-80's babies and early 90s babies when it comes to some earlier childhood memories. That's it. 1989 (vs. 1990) would not be a birth year I'd be proud of, since there is no way you could remember the 80s or even 1990/91. Mid-80s babies vs. Early 90s babies however could at least say that they remember some 80s stuff or 80s holdovers. And that's probably what that 80s baby->90s baby 'bashing' is all about.

Written By: belmont22 on 11/19/12 at 6:45 am

It doesn't matter if you were born in late 80s or early 90s, what matters is how you look at the end of the day. I meet girls born in 1993 who look like they were born in the 70s. Smoking and drinking or tanning will do it to you. At the same time, I meet girls born in the late 80s who could easily pass for 18.

Courtney Stodden  ;D

Yes, I met a 1989er one time who I swore to God was 17 before I asked him how old he was (this was just a couple weeks ago). He mentioned he had a fiancee which made me think he must be older than I thought he was, though it's not unheard of for 17 year olds to be engaged to their sweethearts.

Written By: Howard on 12/11/12 at 2:55 pm

Now they're about 25.

Written By: belmont22 on 12/12/12 at 5:10 am

Now they're about 25.

Actually they're 23 lol

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 12/12/12 at 5:48 am

Actually they're 23 lol

That's what I thought, too. Little '89ers just one year younger than me? No way  ;D j/k ;)

Written By: Slim95 on 12/21/12 at 1:39 am

And while I'm at it...I think anyone with "19" in the birth year will all just be seen as collectively ancient 50 or 60 years from now, regardless if the 3rd digit is a 7 or an 8 or a 9, since we will not have even been born in the current millennium.

That makes me sad.  :( Though I can understand that as people living today who are born in the early 1900's are ancient to me.  ;D

Written By: belmont22 on 12/21/12 at 7:43 am

Less than two weeks now. The soon to be teens of 2000 will be the first teenagers that are a full decade younger than me.

Written By: Emman on 12/22/12 at 7:27 pm

Less than two weeks now. The soon to be teens of 2000 will be the first teenagers that are a full decade younger than me.

You think you have it rough, I will be 15 years older than the newly minted teenagers of 2013, I'm closer to 40 than to 13 ;D.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 12/23/12 at 4:07 am

And I will be at least twice as old as them or older.

Written By: Brian06 on 12/23/12 at 7:27 am

You think you have it rough, I will be 15 years older than the newly minted teenagers of 2013, I'm closer to 40 than to 13 ;D.

I'll be twice their age soon. I actually became a teen in the year 2000 when they were born ;D

Written By: belmont22 on 12/24/12 at 12:01 am

Oh wow you are! 27 is closer to 40 than to 13, by a little bit.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 12/24/12 at 1:39 am

Oh wow you are! 27 is closer to 40 than to 13, by a little bit.

By maturity, even 22/23 should be  ;D

Written By: belmont22 on 12/24/12 at 12:55 pm

By maturity, even 22/23 should be  ;D

Of course, 22 and 23 year olds are adults, 13 year olds are children.

Written By: Howard on 12/24/12 at 7:09 pm

Of course, 22 and 23 year olds are adults, 13 year olds are children.

probably more of a "young adult".

Written By: Emman on 12/24/12 at 10:12 pm

probably more of a "young adult".

Do you think young adult fits people age 18-24(which I think most people mean by the term) or the period of early adulthood from around 20/21 to 40?

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 12/25/12 at 5:44 am

My divisions would be:

18-<21 are very early young adults.
21-<25 are the typical young adults.
25-<35 are late young adults.

The 'late young adults' however might start later, such as 26,27,28... depending on the real maturity.

I don't consider people older than 35 'young adults' at all. They are still young people in comparison to the typical life expectance - that's true.

Written By: Howard on 12/25/12 at 7:06 am

Do you think young adult fits people age 18-24(which I think most people mean by the term) or the period of early adulthood from around 20/21 to 40?

I think after your 20's.

Written By: belmont22 on 12/25/12 at 12:10 pm

Oh god haha. I think of young adult as being 20/21 to 37ish. I don't consider 18 and 19 year olds adults in anything other than the legal sense, which wasn't even always the case.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 12/25/12 at 12:17 pm

I don't consider 18 and 19 year olds adults in anything other than the legal sense,

But you have to admit that it's quite different from the 13/14/15-year old teenager.

Written By: belmont22 on 12/25/12 at 1:08 pm

But you have to admit that it's quite different from the 13/14/15-year old teenager.

Of course, I mean a 13 year old is a child.

Written By: Emman on 12/25/12 at 1:23 pm

Oh god haha. I think of young adult as being 20/21 to 37ish. I don't consider 18 and 19 year olds adults in anything other than the legal sense, which wasn't even always the case.

I don't consider 18 and 19 year olds "adults" either, they're still teenagers.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 12/25/12 at 1:56 pm

I don't consider 18 and 19 year olds "adults" either, they're still teenagers.

It highly depends on the personality IMO.

Written By: belmont22 on 12/25/12 at 2:21 pm

It highly depends on the personality IMO.

True, I mean there are 70 year olds I would consider children.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/25/12 at 6:13 pm

What about if you're someone around 40?

Written By: Howard on 12/25/12 at 6:14 pm

True, I mean there are 70 year olds I would consider children.  ;D

Maybe they act more like children.

Written By: belmont22 on 12/26/12 at 12:46 am

I'd say nowadays 40 is still more 'young' than 'old', after all we might have indefinite lifespans in the near future so many of the current 40 year olds could be with us far into the future. I'd say 45-50 is the cutoff between 'younger' and 'older' though ironically anyone over 30 is generally seen as being part of the 'older generation' since pop culture caters so much to the very young.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 12/26/12 at 2:12 am

Young man, but not a young 'adult'. Young adults are those who 'just' became adults (during the last 10-15 years or so).

Written By: af2010 on 12/27/12 at 11:36 am

I would agree that you're not really an adult until 20/21 (although everyone's different).  I'd say;

20-24: youngest adults
25-34: younger adults
35-49: middle age
50-64: older adults
65+: seniors

Written By: belmont22 on 12/27/12 at 5:12 pm

This would be my breakdown.

-9 months to 23 months: baby
2 to 9: child
10 to 13: pre-adolescence
14 to 20: adolescence
21-27: youngest adults
28-36: younger adults
37-54: middle age
55-69: older adults
70+: seniors

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 12/27/12 at 5:46 pm

21-27: youngest adults

27 = youngest adults?

27 is LATE 20s...

Written By: belmont22 on 12/27/12 at 6:20 pm

27 = youngest adults?

27 is LATE 20s...

Well compared to a 90 year old yeah. I mean adulthood is typically 60 to 70 years long and 27 is only 6-7 years into adulthood, so they're still younger than the overwhelming majority of adults.

Written By: Lemonmelon on 12/28/12 at 5:23 pm

Whippersnappers: Born after 1999
Teenagers: 1993-1999
Young adults: 1983-1992
Stereotypical adults: 1963-1982
Non-foggy adults: 1938-1962
Foggy adults: Born before 1938

Written By: Ashes Of The Wake on 12/31/12 at 2:00 pm

Kids born in 2000 always have made me feel old and i'm only 5 years older than them.
i was already starting school (Kindergarden), and watching the best tv shows ever while they were busy getting born, now there already in their pre-adolescent stage and i'm graduating high school and getting ready for College (in Quebec, grade 12 doesn't exist)

Written By: belmont22 on 12/31/12 at 2:03 pm

There are now children in Australia and New Zealand born on January 1, 2000 who are teenagers.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/01/13 at 4:31 pm

Kids born in 2000 always have made me feel old and i'm only 5 years older than them.

True, 5 years is quite a gap as a child.

Written By: TakaWuKid91 on 01/19/13 at 2:41 am

i was already starting school (Kindergarden), and watching the best tv shows ever while they were busy getting born, now there already in their pre-adolescent stage and i'm graduating high school and getting ready for College (in Quebec, grade 12 doesn't exist)

LOL I can understand. That's how feel when it comes to people born in '97-99. By the time you were in Kindergarden I was almost finished with elementary school.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/21/13 at 9:41 am

LOL I can understand. That's how feel when it comes to people born in '97-99. By the time you were in Kindergarden I was almost finished with elementary school.

I think that the age gap that it takes for someone to feel really younger than you widens as you age, or at least that's the case with me. People born in like 1994 used to make me feel old as hell when I was still a teenager because I would think about stuff like how they were only in 2nd grade when I was starting high school. Back then though, I was 17 and they were 10. Now that I'm 25 and they're all over 18, going to college, and beginning to venture out into the workforce, that gap just doesn't seem as big anymore, even though it's still clearly there.

I will admit that it is kinda weird that there are major professional sports stars born in the 90's now, though.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/21/13 at 10:44 am

People born in like 1994 used to make me feel old as hell when I was still a teenager because I would think about stuff like how they were only in 2nd grade when I was starting high school.

It's a bit different in my case. When I was a teenager, the youngest people I was probably dealing with or who I noticed were born around 1989, maybe 1990. I am also the youngest in our family in my generation.

I didn't have much to do with mid-90s born people, so I hadn't really the chance to feel old among them. They were kids and I was a teen - so I was older. That was just normal.

For some reason, I rather feel old when I see (sometimes mature) young adults today who are 8/9 years younger than me - especially when they are in the same courses I visit at university.

Written By: Ashes Of The Wake on 01/26/13 at 7:39 pm

I will admit that it is kinda weird that there are major professional sports stars born in the 90's now, though.

most players on the Edmonton Oilers are born in the early 90s.

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 01/27/13 at 7:10 am

In Australia high school begins in grade 7 and it was weeeird to see the 2000s kid from 7th graders!!!

I'm not much older than them and can remember the late 90s, I'm officially considered old to people 3 years younger than me!!!

I mean such little gap!! a huge difference between 1994/5 kids to 1997 kids and beyond

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/27/13 at 7:23 am

I mean such little gap!! a huge difference between 1994/5 kids to 1997 kids and beyond

Says you.  ::)

Your statement actually reminds me a  little bit on that 1993-guy (b. in 1984):

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=47649.msg2980739#msg2980739

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 01/27/13 at 8:21 am

Says you.  ::)

Your statement actually reminds me a  little bit on that 1993-guy (b. in 1984):

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=47649.msg2980739#msg2980739

we 1994s remember pre-2000s and post 1997s kids do not remember knowing 9/11 by large during the actual year 2001

1994 kids remember many technological transitions of late 90s and early 00's and 1997 born do not!!

1994 kids are quite natural to internet/computer but they still feel more detached to technology than of 1997 born for obvious reasons especially because 1994 kids do remember the outsourcing of so many things with mobile phones and computers and TV's and that they among the last kids of the old internet, chatrooms and RPG games in which there were very little barriers and restrictions on the internet or computer in general

1997 kids are much more obsessed with internet phenomenon and is so viral with everything more quickly than of the 1994 born

1994 kids remember the bubblegum pop culture of early 00s and late 90s and 1997 born do not as they would find them alien

1994 kids are last children of 20th century (they were 5 in 1999) and 1997 born do not

1997 kids are by large including the non western world, very natural to technology since for as long as they can remember, exposed to mobile devices and 21st century technology earlier than of the 1994 born and 1994 born by some minority and taking into account of non western world, by large are the last group of people who is a technological migrant

1994 kids by traits lean towards generation Y attitude with the general trend of co-dependency among friends, whilst 1997 kids are more independent socially (this does not mean they do not conform or hang in large group of friends, this just means that they have better self awareness and resourceful of the self or at least believed to be so themselves)

1997 born does not mean they are not better off than the 1994 born, this just means they are born in a different point in time and experience things differently and things we experience and what they experience by large is quite similar as in this decade we are coming of age but in terms of attitude and childhood memories, you start to see the distinction here

I speak about facts in those regards...

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/27/13 at 8:31 am

Yeah, more or less the same breakdown like 1993's, only with a 10-year-shift  8)

Written By: warped on 01/27/13 at 9:31 am

we 1994s remember pre-2000s and post 1997s kids do not remember knowing 9/11 by large during the actual year 2001

1994 kids remember many technological transitions of late 90s and early 00's and 1997 born do not!!

1994 kids are quite natural to internet/computer but they still feel more detached to technology than of 1997 born for obvious reasons especially because 1994 kids do remember the outsourcing of so many things with mobile phones and computers and TV's and that they among the last kids of the old internet, chatrooms and RPG games in which there were very little barriers and restrictions on the internet or computer in general

1997 kids are much more obsessed with internet phenomenon and is so viral with everything more quickly than of the 1994 born

1994 kids remember the bubblegum pop culture of early 00s and late 90s and 1997 born do not as they would find them alien

1994 kids are last children of 20th century (they were 5 in 1999) and 1997 born do not

1997 kids are by large including the non western world, very natural to technology since for as long as they can remember, exposed to mobile devices and 21st century technology earlier than of the 1994 born and 1994 born by some minority and taking into account of non western world, by large are the last group of people who is a technological migrant

1994 kids by traits lean towards generation Y attitude with the general trend of co-dependency among friends, whilst 1997 kids are more independent socially (this does not mean they do not conform or hang in large group of friends, this just means that they have better self awareness and resourceful of the self or at least believed to be so themselves)

1997 born does not mean they are not better off than the 1994 born, this just means they are born in a different point in time and experience things differently and things we experience and what they experience by large is quite similar as in this decade we are coming of age but in terms of attitude and childhood memories, you start to see the distinction here

Don't forget, 1994 kids like to bump threads after 20 minutes... ;)

Hey, doesn't this post remind people of this? John Avery? It was before my time here, but some members pointed it out to me.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=44040.msg2709823#msg2709823

Written By: Brian06 on 01/27/13 at 9:44 am

Don't forget, 1994 kids like to bump threads after 20 minutes... ;)

Hey, doesn't this post remind people of this? John Avery? It was before my time here, but some members pointed it out to me.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=44040.msg2709823#msg2709823

I'll never forget Avery ROFL.  ;D

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/27/13 at 10:00 am

It was before my time here, but some members pointed it out to me.

Funny thing! I was always believing you have been registered longer than I am... but it's only since June 12th  :o
Must be your Karma points :)

Written By: Brian06 on 01/27/13 at 10:05 am

Wow that 1994 thread made it to 145 pages long.  :o

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/27/13 at 10:11 am

It seems, a lot of people care about the 'kid debate', but nobody wants to admit it :)

If I don't care about stuff, I leave these threads untouched  ;D

Written By: warped on 01/27/13 at 1:23 pm

I missed that drama.. I would have watched that gladly with popcorn.

Written By: Howard on 01/27/13 at 8:13 pm

Wow how did it get so long? :o

Check for new replies or respond here...