inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Summer of 2005

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/03/13 at 10:07 pm

The Summer of 2005

This is the thread for one of the most acknowledged summers of the 2000s 2005. What are some of your memories from this
classic summer ? Did you hate it? Did you love it?  Kick back and relax & enjoy some of the highlights of the summer 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x5oTaiWkdw

http://img.tomshardware.com/us/2005/10/28/verizon_lg_vx5200_camera_phone_folded_high_angle_perspective.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0habxsuXW4g

http://www.guidofistpump.com/guido%20pix/choyceee.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZVdDl_asYY

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01817/myspace_1817479b.jpg

http://fanart.tv/fanart/music/e6de1f3b-6484-491c-88dd-6d619f142abc/albumcover/batman-begins-5021efabb1d30.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4Bda6_usuc

http://www.fashion-era.com/images/press_selfridge/MSAUT05CC01.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSYCI4K5qGM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac3HkriqdGQ

Subject: Re: The Summer of 2005

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 01/03/13 at 10:27 pm

Loved this summer! I was transitioning from middle school to high school that year. Tons of graduation parties, hanging out with my friends all the time, I got my first cell phone. I remember this was a particularly hot summer as well.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/03/13 at 10:36 pm

Loved this summer! I was transitioning from middle school to high school that year. Tons of graduation parties, hanging out with my friends all the time, I got my first cell phone. I remember this was a particularly hot summer as well.

Yeah this summer was insane LOL, did u get fd up hahahaha,        Let me guess pre paid phone?

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 01/03/13 at 10:45 pm

Yeah this summer was insane LOL, did u get fd up hahahaha,        Let me guess pre paid phone?

Did I get "fd up?" ... like from alcohol? I wasn't that cool at 14 ;D

And yeah, it was a really sheeshty pay-as-you-go phone :D Didn't have games on it or anything. I don't even think I could text with it!

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/03/13 at 10:47 pm

Did I get "fd up?" ... like from alcohol? I wasn't that cool at 14 ;D

And yeah, it was a really sheeshty pay-as-you-go phone :D Didn't have games on it or anything. I don't even think I could text with it!

t mobile? hgagagaga

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 01/03/13 at 10:50 pm

t mobile? hgagagaga

Indeed!

Hey, take a shot for me, would ya? ;)

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 01/03/13 at 10:55 pm

http://image.ffmobile.com/product/photo/41/92/10045821.78eba00f21150b665b9f13fe07d35fd1.jpg

This was it!

The coolest thing about it was that when it would ring the edges of it would light up with this orange light, like this

http://www.ixbt.com/mobile/images/siemens/cf62/siemens-cf62-light.jpg

Jealous? :P

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/03/13 at 11:01 pm

i had the one after this the black one with  the t mobile tones and browser hahahhaha, looks like sheesh

Written By: Howard on 01/04/13 at 6:38 am

Myspace was still around?  ;D

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/04/13 at 12:09 pm

Myspace was still around?  ;D

yeah late 2004 -2005 is when it became like a thing

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/04/13 at 12:32 pm

That was a pretty good summer of my life. I remember going to the movies a lot, almost weekly to see Batman Begins (of course), Star Wars Episode III, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Fantastic Four, War of the Worlds, Dukes of Hazard, 40 Year Old Virgin, and a few others. I was also doing a lot of partying, as I was 26 and free before I met my now ex-wife that fall. I also had a MySpace account, and I had an obsession with Lindsay Lohan so I was hoping to find her real MySpace page. Oh, I also met my now ex-wife on MySpace. But the main highlight of 2005 wasn't the summer but my Euro Trip in November. The music of that summer was pretty good too, like Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together", "Sugar We're Going Down" by Fall Out Boy, "Feel Good Inc." by the Gorillaz, and "Lose Control" by Missy Elliot. Even though "My Humps" was annoying at the time, it brings back memories.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/04/13 at 12:58 pm

That was a pretty good summer of my life. I remember going to the movies a lot, almost weekly to see Batman Begins (of course), Star Wars Episode III, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Fantastic Four, War of the Worlds, Dukes of Hazard, 40 Year Old Virgin, and a few others. I was also doing a lot of partying, as I was 26 and free before I met my now ex-wife that fall. I also had a MySpace account, and I had an obsession with Lindsay Lohan so I was hoping to find her real MySpace page. Oh, I also met my now ex-wife on MySpace. But the main highlight of 2005 wasn't the summer but my Euro Trip in November. The music of that summer was pretty good too, like Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together", "Sugar We're Going Down" by Fall Out Boy, "Feel Good Inc." by the Gorillaz, and "Lose Control" by Missy Elliot. Even though "My Humps" was annoying at the time, it brings back memories.

Lindsay lohan was hot then lol    I remember emo fashion being at the peak at this point, that nightmare b4 xmas sh it lol

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/04/13 at 2:57 pm

You know, this thread made me realize just how much nostalgia I'm staring to feel for this summer now. It really was a pretty awesome time in my life. I graduated from high school in May, got my first real job, paid an (in hindsight) absurd amount of cash my first cell phone, sent my first text message, watched my first video on YouTube, started a MySpace account, began planning for college, finally caught a Star Wars film in a theater when I watched EP III after all it's hype, and just generally spent alot of time hanging out with friends I haven't seen in some time now.

And, of course, it was also during that summer that I visited this site for the first time.

I guess there really is nothing like the summer you turn 18 is it? ;)

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/04/13 at 3:48 pm

You know, this thread made me realize just how much nostalgia I'm staring to feel for this summer now. It really was a pretty awesome time in my life. I graduated from high school in May, got my first real job, paid an (in hindsight) absurd amount of cash my first cell phone, sent my first text message, watched my first video on YouTube, started a MySpace account, began planning for college, finally caught a Star Wars film in a theater when I watched EP III after all it's hype, and just generally spent alot of time hanging out with friends I haven't seen in some time now.

And, of course, it was also during that summer that I visited this site for the first time.

I guess there really is nothing like the summer you turn 18 is it? ;)

I think it took some visual aids of mine to make ppl realize 2005 does have some nostalgia factor lol,  I hardly hear anyone bash this summer ever. Everytime summer of 2005 is brought up I hear nothing but amazing things.  Where did you work? Here are some more aids lol

http://oi48.tinypic.com/1iifz6.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPDcwjJ8pLg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_p8QwF-DIwIY/SQYIDlQOs-I/AAAAAAAAAtY/n3-bZFXbzTg/s400/cnn+breaking+news.jpg

http://www.questionpro.com/images/sony-psp.jpg

Written By: nally on 01/04/13 at 4:13 pm

That was when I officially changed my college major to Liberal Arts. It had been Computer Science until a year or so earlier, but when it wasn't going as planned, and I began to struggle with it, I decided to change directions. So during Fall 2004 and Spring 2005 I was in a "transitional" period, considering changing my major to math, but struggled with a physics class that was part of the Math major...so I ultimately decided on Liberal Arts in June of that year.

Also, I spent lots of time on this site, and my total number of posts (at the time) was in the 30,000's.

Written By: amjikloviet on 01/04/13 at 4:22 pm

One of my best summers!  :)

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/04/13 at 4:38 pm

That was when I officially changed my college major to Liberal Arts. It had been Computer Science until a year or so earlier, but when it wasn't going as planned, and I began to struggle with it, I decided to change directions. So during Fall 2004 and Spring 2005 I was in a "transitional" period, considering changing my major to math, but struggled with a physics class that was part of the Math major...so I ultimately decided on Liberal Arts in June of that year.

Also, I spent lots of time on this site, and my total number of posts (at the time) was in the 30,000's.

thats alot of posts!

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/04/13 at 4:40 pm

One of my best summers!  :)

THERE IS NO HATE ON THIS SUMMER LOL      Do you ever hear hate on this summer????????? 
Every post I read is  " that summer was amazing"          maybe 2005 was the best summer in the history of summers?

Written By: nally on 01/04/13 at 4:54 pm

thats alot of posts!

Yes, this board had lots of contributors that year...many of whom still have their accounts but don't come here much nowadays. :-\\

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/04/13 at 5:16 pm

Yes, this board had lots of contributors that year...many of whom still have their accounts but don't come here much nowadays. :-\\

maybe because there was so much 2 talk about in 05

Written By: nally on 01/04/13 at 5:24 pm

maybe because there was so much 2 talk about in 05

Oh yes. There are plenty of older threads in Playful Penguin Place that were started/replied to during that time.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/04/13 at 5:29 pm

Oh yes. There are plenty of older threads in Playful Penguin Place that were started/replied to during that time.

2005 was quite the year lol. I might have to look @ those archives

Written By: Howard on 01/04/13 at 7:13 pm

Then Facebook came along afterwards.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/04/13 at 7:17 pm

Then Facebook came along afterwards.

around 2007

Written By: fusefan on 01/04/13 at 9:15 pm

2005 Isn't a year that stands out to me too much, but what of I recall that summer was pretty good. I remember watching MTV2's friday night block they had at the time. (Andy Milonakis, Wonder Showzen, Wildboyz) And I also remember watching A lot of Cartoon Network &  Adult Swim at this time. "We Belong Together" Was the number 1 song that whole summer and you couldn't escape it. The same with "Hollaback Girl" & "Don't Cha" And Rihanna had her first big hit with "Pon De Replay." I also remember watching the Live 8 concert in July of that year. All and all, it was an alright summer.8) And (thankfully) the last time i was forced to use dial up internet.  :P

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/04/13 at 9:35 pm

2005 Isn't a year that stands out to me too much, but what of I recall that summer was pretty good. I remember watching MTV2's friday night block they had at the time. (Andy Milonakis, Wonder Showzen, Wildboyz) And I also remember watching A lot of Cartoon Network &  Adult Swim at this time. "We Belong Together" Was the number 1 song that whole summer and you couldn't escape it. The same with "Hollaback Girl" & "Don't Cha" And Rihanna had her first big hit with "Pon De Replay." I also remember watching the Live 8 concert in July of that year. All and all, it was an alright summer.8) And (thankfully) the last time i was forced to use dial up internet.  :P

2005 was so memorable  i dunno why that duznt stand out 2 u lol

Written By: fusefan on 01/04/13 at 10:00 pm

2005 was so memorable  i dunno why that duznt stand out 2 u lol

I think it was more of my personal life than pop culture. For me personally 2005 was one of those "Ok" years not bad, not great just "Meh." To each their own I guess...  :-\\ 

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/04/13 at 10:01 pm

I think it was more of my personal life than pop culture. For me personally 2005 was one of those "Ok" years not bad, not great just "Meh." To each their own I guess...  :-\\

o yeah now I see, true

Written By: Slim95 on 01/04/13 at 11:48 pm

2005 was absolutely an amazing year. Definitely one of the top years of the 2000's. Summer was very memorable too.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/05/13 at 12:48 pm

http://www.questionpro.com/images/sony-psp.jpg

Incidentally, that picture triggered one of my not so fond memories of 2005. I wanted to get a PSP at launch, but didn't have enough money to pay for it outright, so I wound up selling a number of my favorite old games in order to make up the difference in cash. The PSP basically flamed out over the next few years and I've regretted what I did ever since.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/05/13 at 6:23 pm

Incidentally, that picture triggered one of my not so fond memories of 2005. I wanted to get a PSP at launch, but didn't have enough money to pay for it outright, so I wound up selling a number of my favorite old games in order to make up the difference in cash. The PSP basically flamed out over the next few years and I've regretted what I did ever since.

psp had a good 2 years lol

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/05/13 at 11:32 pm

o yeah

Written By: Mat1991 on 01/06/13 at 1:10 am

Hmmm...there's nothing particularly special to me about the summer of 2005, or the entire year, for that matter. During the summer of 2005, I turned 14, saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in theaters, and started raising hermit crabs. The summers of 2004 and 2006 were more memorable for me. 2005 felt more like an in-between year for me, probably because I was in the middle of junior high then.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/06/13 at 6:59 pm

Hmmm...there's nothing particularly special to me about the summer of 2005, or the entire year, for that matter. During the summer of 2005, I turned 14, saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in theaters, and started raising hermit crabs. The summers of 2004 and 2006 were more memorable for me. 2005 felt more like an in-between year for me, probably because I was in the middle of junior high then.

wow

Written By: Starde on 01/08/13 at 7:50 pm

Ahh, 2005... I don't know why, but for some reason that summer stands out. I remember listening to the radio a lot that. In terms of music, you couldn't really escape Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" and "Shake It Off", Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl" and "Cool", Kanye West's "Golddigger", Pussycat Dolls' "Don't Cha", Missy Elliott's and Ciara's "Lose Control", Coldplay's "Speed of Sound", among others. I also remember the Backstreet Boys made their comeback with "Incomplete" and "Just Want You to Know". In terms of movies, I thought that year in general was weak though I do remember the huge hype with Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. I also remember the releases of Fantastic 4 and Mr. and Mrs. Smith which brings me to something else I remember: the whole media frenzy with Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston getting divorced. But honestly, I think the reason why that summer stands out so much is because I was starting high school in late August of that year so it was definitely a transitional period in my personal life. It wasn't the greatest summer since I was going through some personal problems, but it was definitely a memorable one.

Written By: nally on 01/08/13 at 10:54 pm

^ I remember a number of those songs. Also on the charts during that time period were the Black Eyed Peas' "Don't Phunk With My Heart" and "Don't Lie", Kelly Clarkson's "Behind These Hazel Eyes" and "Since U Been Gone," and "Feel Good Inc" by Gorillaz.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/08/13 at 11:59 pm

Also on the charts during that time period were the Black Eyed Peas' "Don't Phunk With My Heart" and "Don't Lie"

Don't forget about "My Humps"!  :D

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/09/13 at 12:01 am

^ I remember a number of those songs. Also on the charts during that time period were the Black Eyed Peas' "Don't Phunk With My Heart" and "Don't Lie", Kelly Clarkson's "Behind These Hazel Eyes" and "Since U Been Gone," and "Feel Good Inc" by Gorillaz.

those are classics

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/09/13 at 12:07 am

Ahh, 2005... I don't know why, but for some reason that summer stands out. I remember listening to the radio a lot that. In terms of music, you couldn't really escape Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" and "Shake It Off", Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl" and "Cool", Kanye West's "Golddigger", Pussycat Dolls' "Don't Cha", Missy Elliott's and Ciara's "Lose Control", Coldplay's "Speed of Sound", among others. I also remember the Backstreet Boys made their comeback with "Incomplete" and "Just Want You to Know". In terms of movies, I thought that year in general was weak though I do remember the huge hype with Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. I also remember the releases of Fantastic 4 and Mr. and Mrs. Smith which brings me to something else I remember: the whole media frenzy with Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston getting divorced. But honestly, I think the reason why that summer stands out so much is because I was starting high school in late August of that year so it was definitely a transitional period in my personal life. It wasn't the greatest summer since I was going through some personal problems, but it was definitely a memorable one.

I remember all that celebrity obsession too, like with Brangelina and TomKat (that was also the year in which Tom Cruise was jumping on the couch on Oprah), and Britney and K-Fed. There was so much hype about who was having a baby. Also, Paris Hilton was everywhere, especially in that Carl's Jr/Hardees commercial.

4gby0zfCYiA

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/09/13 at 12:10 am

I remember all that celebrity obsession too, like with Brangelina and TomKat (that was also the year in which Tom Cruise was jumping on the couch on Oprah), and Britney and K-Fed. There was so much hype about who was having a baby. Also, Paris Hilton was everywhere, especially in that Carl's Jr/Hardees commercial.

4gby0zfCYiA

that add sounds like 1995 lolllllllllllllllllllllllll

Written By: nally on 01/09/13 at 10:56 am

Don't forget about "My Humps"!  :D
:D
That was released as a single later in the year, I think. Around October or November?

Written By: Slim95 on 01/09/13 at 11:22 am

:D
That was released as a single later in the year, I think. Around October or November?

Yeah I think it was released around then later in the year.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/09/13 at 2:44 pm

Yeah I think it was released around then later in the year.

at the time i hated the song,  But now i like it

Written By: 1993 on 01/09/13 at 3:35 pm

Honestly I had no idea what Carls Jr was before that commercial, and haven't heard of it since. Must be a west coast thing.

Hadn't heard of Sonic either until it came to Jersey around 07-08. Not sure how well it's doing. This is a strict Burger King/McDonalds/Wendy's market with a small but die hard White Castle following

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/09/13 at 4:26 pm

Honestly I had no idea what Carls Jr was before that commercial, and haven't heard of it since. Must be a west coast thing.

Hadn't heard of Sonic either until it came to Jersey around 07-08. Not sure how well it's doing. This is a strict Burger King/McDonalds/Wendy's market with a small but die hard White Castle following

sonic sucks

Written By: Howard on 01/09/13 at 7:20 pm

at the time i hated the song,  But now i like it

It's ok, nothing special.

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/10/13 at 2:25 am

Carls Jr's sister company is Hardee's, which are mainly in the South and Midwest. I just found out that Carl's Jr. is planning to expand its franchise internationally, and not just one region/continent but to random countries all over including:  Dominican Republic, Brazil, Puerto Rico, Malaysia, Denmark, Costa Rica, New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Russia, Vietnam, Turkey and China.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl%27s_Jr.

Written By: slim on 01/10/13 at 8:26 am

I was 14, going to high school in the fall of 2005. The summer was fun, i wasn't familiar with Myspace till around October though. I listened to lots of music and flip phones were also hot at the time. I remember spending time with friends.

Written By: nally on 01/10/13 at 3:21 pm

sonic sucks

I had started seeing TV ads for Sonic around that time here too... yet there's still no location within 100 miles of me (at least not that I'm aware of).

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/10/13 at 6:32 pm

I had started seeing TV ads for Sonic around that time here too... yet there's still no location within 100 miles of me (at least not that I'm aware of).

lol

Written By: nally on 01/10/13 at 9:31 pm

lol

Seriously. If there's one in southern California, then I honestly must be missing it.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/11/13 at 12:51 pm

Seriously. If there's one in southern California, then I honestly must be missing it.

dont even go its not even good

Written By: nally on 01/11/13 at 1:06 pm

dont even go its not even good

Probably not...

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/11/13 at 2:44 pm

Probably not...

its fast food

Written By: nally on 01/11/13 at 3:17 pm

its fast food

I know that (as I gathered from the ads). But there is no location nearest to me that I am aware of.

Written By: Starde on 01/12/13 at 12:06 am

Oh yeah! Forgot about Black Eyed Peas and Ms. Clarkson, especially Kelly. She had hit after hit that year. I also remember 50 Cents' "Just a Lil' Bit" and "Candy Shop", Rihanna's debut with "Pon de Replay", Ciara's "Oh" with Ludacris, Ludacris' "Pimpin' All Over the World", Green Day's "Wake Me Up When September Ends", Destiny's Child's "Cater 2 U", Rob Thomas' "This Is How a Heart Breaks" and "Lonely No More", Jesse McCartney's "She's No You", D.H.T.'s "Listen to Your Heart", Foo Fighters' "Best of You", Anna Nalick's "Breathe (2 A.M.)", Pretty Ricky's "Grind on Me" and "Your Body", Weezer's "Beverly Hills", Natasha Bedingfield's "These Words", The Click Five's "Just the Girl", Jessica Simpson's "These Boots Are Made For Walking"...

Damn, the music landscape has changed so much since then! :o

4gby0zfCYiA

Oh God! How can I forget about the media's obsession with Tom Cruise! Especially him jumping on Oprah's couch that year! Also remember the controversy with that Paris Hilton ad as well! And your avatar just reminded me of a movie I forgot to mention from that summer: Batman Begins! 8)

Written By: nally on 01/12/13 at 12:18 am

^ Oh yes... Rob Thomas went solo from Matchbox20 that year. "Lonely No More" was one of his first solo hits.

I remember a few other tracks you mentioned there too, including "These Words" by Natasha Bedingfield. She had a huge hit later that year with "Unwritten"; I really enjoyed that one when it first came out. (I later figured out how to play the melody of it on the piano.) ;D

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/12/13 at 4:01 am

Oh yeah! Forgot about Black Eyed Peas and Ms. Clarkson, especially Kelly. She had hit after hit that year. I also remember 50 Cents' "Just a Lil' Bit" and "Candy Shop", Rihanna's debut with "Pon de Replay", Ciara's "Oh" with Ludacris, Ludacris' "Pimpin' All Over the World", Green Day's "Wake Me Up When September Ends", Destiny's Child's "Cater 2 U", Rob Thomas' "This Is How a Heart Breaks" and "Lonely No More", Jesse McCartney's "She's No You", D.H.T.'s "Listen to Your Heart", Foo Fighters' "Best of You", Anna Nalick's "Breathe (2 A.M.)", Pretty Ricky's "Grind on Me" and "Your Body", Weezer's "Beverly Hills", Natasha Bedingfield's "These Words", The Click Five's "Just the Girl", Jessica Simpson's "These Boots Are Made For Walking"...

Damn, the music landscape has changed so much since then! :o

Oh God! How can I forget about the media's obsession with Tom Cruise! Especially him jumping on Oprah's couch that year! Also remember the controversy with that Paris Hilton ad as well! And your avatar just reminded me of a movie I forgot to mention from that summer: Batman Begins! 8)

Yes, Kelly Clarkson did have a lot of hits that summer, but the one that really stands out is "Since You've Been Gone". Also don't forget about R. Kelly's "Trapped in the Closet". I was just listening to the 2005 playlist the other day, this thread made me feel like listening to it again, and I think I will again now. Also, I just recently bought the Monkey Business album by Black Eyed Peas. There were many hits from that album: "Pump It Up", "Don't Phunk With My Heart", "My Humps", "Don't Lie", and "Feel It".

Yes, Batman Begins was my favorite movie of that summer, and still is one of my all time favorites (I still like it better than the sequels, though all three of them were good unlike the previous Batman series which clearly went downhill). Also 2005 is when I joined this forum hence my screenname. It feels like a long time ago, but in some ways it feels recent. 

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/12/13 at 1:00 pm

Yes, Kelly Clarkson did have a lot of hits that summer, but the one that really stands out is "Since You've Been Gone". Also don't forget about R. Kelly's "Trapped in the Closet". I was just listening to the 2005 playlist the other day, this thread made me feel like listening to it again, and I think I will again now. Also, I just recently bought the Monkey Business album by Black Eyed Peas. There were many hits from that album: "Pump It Up", "Don't Phunk With My Heart", "My Humps", "Don't Lie", and "Feel It".

Yes, Batman Begins was my favorite movie of that summer, and still is one of my all time favorites (I still like it better than the sequels, though all three of them were good unlike the previous Batman series which clearly went downhill). Also 2005 is when I joined this forum hence my screenname. It feels like a long time ago, but in some ways it feels recent.

it only feels recent because xbox 360 came out that year

Written By: Howard on 01/12/13 at 7:12 pm

it only feels recent because xbox 360 came out that year

What about PS3?  ???

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/12/13 at 11:16 pm

What about PS3?  ???

ps3 came out in 06

Written By: TakaWuKid91 on 01/13/13 at 10:45 am

The summer of 2005/2006 made me think of the mid 90s for some reason. The summer was '05 laid back but rather boring at times.

Written By: Ashes Of The Wake on 01/15/13 at 7:49 pm

Easily the best summer of my life along with 2011 and 2012.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/16/13 at 10:07 am

Easily the best summer of my life along with 2011 and 2012.

2005 and 2006 were the mid 90s with the look of the 80s

Written By: popguru85 on 01/16/13 at 1:17 pm

Set up a MySpace profile after college let out for the summer. Took an English Course during the summer. Went to See Star Wars Episode III, Batman Begins, Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, Longest Yard (Adam Sandler remake). Dated and broke up with this girl Leslie who was in a couple of my classes. Listened to a lot of Top 40 and changed jobs.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 01/16/13 at 9:28 pm

Set up a MySpace profile after college let out for the summer. Took an English Course during the summer. Went to See Star Wars Episode III, Batman Begins, Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, Longest Yard (Adam Sandler remake). Dated and broke up with this girl Leslie who was in a couple of my classes. Listened to a lot of Top 40 and changed jobs.

sounds like ur 2005 was nuts

Written By: popguru85 on 01/16/13 at 9:46 pm

sounds like ur 2005 was nuts

It was a unique time to say the least. I grew a lot while turning 20 that July.

Written By: Howard on 01/17/13 at 7:10 am

Summer of 2005 was when I invited a certain woman (who I was going out with at the time) over my house to meet my Parents cause she always said "Why Don't I come Over And Meet Your Parents"? and a month later in August 2005 being the horny toad I was while my parents went on a cruise to Las Vegas I invited her over my house again and hoping to get it on with her since we're both virgins but didn't turn out the way I thought it would and that was that with the situation.

Written By: nally on 01/17/13 at 10:39 am

Summer of 2005 was when I invited a certain woman (who I was going out with at the time) over my house to meet my Parents cause she always said "Why Don't I come Over And Meet Your Parents"? and a month later in August 2005 being the horny toad I was while my parents went on a cruise to Las Vegas I invited her over my house again and hoping to get it on with her since we're both virgins but didn't turn out the way I thought it would and that was that with the situation.

Wait a minute... how could anyone take a cruise to Vegas? That's not a coastal city; it's way far inland. Am I missing something here?

Written By: Howard on 01/17/13 at 1:33 pm

Wait a minute... how could anyone take a cruise to Vegas? That's not a coastal city; it's way far inland. Am I missing something here?

I'm not sure if it was a cruise or an airplane to Las Vegas.  ???

Written By: warped on 01/17/13 at 1:48 pm

I'm not sure if it was a cruise or an airplane to Las Vegas.  ???

It would have been a plane, Howard. No water around Vegas.
Unless they travelled like this:  :D

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/208/4/e/A_Ship_On_A_Sea_Of_Sand_by_SheepyLife.jpg

Written By: meesa on 01/17/13 at 1:57 pm

Perhaps it was a mini-cruise ship up the Colorado River? But I would think that something might get in the way before it reached it's destination:
http://www.visitingdc.com/images/hoover-dam-directions.jpg

Written By: warped on 01/17/13 at 2:00 pm

Perhaps it was a mini-cruise ship up the Colorado River? But I would think that something might get in the way before it reached it's destination:
http://www.visitingdc.com/images/hoover-dam-directions.jpg

Damn! Something got in the way

Written By: Howard on 01/17/13 at 2:24 pm

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/208/4/e/A_Ship_On_A_Sea_Of_Sand_by_SheepyLife.jpg

It was by plane.

Written By: nally on 01/17/13 at 6:08 pm

Hee hee. :D Highly unlikely.

It was by plane.

Ding Ding Ding!! So then it was a flight.

Written By: Howard on 01/18/13 at 7:42 pm

Hee hee. :D Highly unlikely.

Ding Ding Ding!! So then it was a flight.

and it was a week vacation.

Written By: nally on 01/18/13 at 9:50 pm

and it was a week vacation.

That's nice.

My parents took a vacation for less than a week in August of that year; they left on the 24th (a Wednesday) to the Monterey Bay area and came back on the 28th (a Sunday), while I was at home taking care of our dog Chloe.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/31/13 at 11:48 pm

I kind of was living and breathing the Michael Jackson abuse trial in 2005. I mean my day started watching Michael go in to court, firing up the chatroom discussing his attire, watching the news junkets and reenactments, and finishing out the day praying for Michael to come out clean. June 13, he did.
And it really was a rosy summer. Cause I remember bragging my natural born black ass off about Michael coming out exonerated, and everytime I turned my friends and I were doing something about him. Playing his music talking about him, all for the purpose of making people notice. I mean I walked tall with my chest out. And it was a relief because when the verdict was handed down, I was literally on the carpet in front of my TV on the phone with my friend Stacie, both of us bawling our eyes out. That's what the summer of 2005 meant: Michael had a new lease on life and it was a great day to be an MJ fan. Cause it gave us cause to say  "See Michael is innocent and if you don't like it..."  ::)

Written By: Howard on 02/01/13 at 6:41 am

I kind of was living and breathing the Michael Jackson abuse trial in 2005. I mean my day started watching Michael go in to court, firing up the chatroom discussing his attire, watching the news junkets and reenactments, and finishing out the day praying for Michael to come out clean. June 13, he did.
And it really was a rosy summer. Cause I remember bragging my natural born black ass off about Michael coming out exonerated, and everytime I turned my friends and I were doing something about him. Playing his music talking about him, all for the purpose of making people notice. I mean I walked tall with my chest out. And it was a relief because when the verdict was handed down, I was literally on the carpet in front of my TV on the phone with my friend Stacie, both of us bawling our eyes out. That's what the summer of 2005 meant: Michael had a new lease on life and it was a great day to be an MJ fan. Cause it gave us cause to say  "See Michael is innocent and if you don't like it..."  ::)

I remember The Michael Jackson trial, Wasn't he wearing his white mask?

Written By: bchris02 on 02/02/13 at 3:15 pm

Facebook during its first few years was only open to college students.  They actually had to verify your college email address to prove you were a student before you could get a logon.  Myspace and Xanga dominated in the mid-2000s for teenagers.  I remember in 2008 when everybody and their parents started getting on Facebook.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 02/03/13 at 3:11 pm

Facebook during its first few years was only open to college students.  They actually had to verify your college email address to prove you were a student before you could get a logon.  Myspace and Xanga dominated in the mid-2000s for teenagers.  I remember in 2008 when everybody and their parents started getting on Facebook.

i made a Facebook during this year, I hardly even used it or knew wtf it was. Flash forward to 2007 and im like hey I like this site  lol

Check for new replies or respond here...