inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mighty Beanz

Written By: yelimsexa on 04/15/13 at 5:49 pm

Even though it never quite had the mega-fad status like Pogs did in the 90s, Mighty Beanz were these medicine capsule-shaped items that first appeared in 2002 and was fairly popular for a few years until a recent resurgence with some new releases. They contained various pop cultural touchstones along with their own unique designs. Some of the Beanz are quite collectible and some fetch over $1000. I myself really couldn't recall this since it was out when I was in college and saw it as "kids stuff". What are some of the designs that you can recall?

Subject: Re: Mighty Beanz

Written By: B306 on 04/21/13 at 8:26 am

I remember them quite well, I even bought the track and had races with friends (this thing: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41S1SZ8C0JL.jpg).

Beyblades and Crazy Bones might be more likely to compete for the status as the iconic '00s kid toy, though I don't know if Mighty Beanz were more popular in the US than they were in Europe.

Check for new replies or respond here...