inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who was this french language duo? (Found it)

Written By: pell on 06/21/13 at 2:27 am

Sometime during the mid-to-late 00s I watched a video on YouTube of some girls singing along with a French language pop song. It was catchy, so I looked up other videos of that song and it was by a pair of male singers who kind of reminded me of the 80s duo Wham!

Now I want to find the song again, but I don't remember the name of the song or the group. Further, I don't even know the country of origin or even the year the song was released. This could be a French song from 2005, a Canadian song from 2000, or even a Belgian song from the 90s.

The song is an up-beat sing-a-long in a pop style. It is not really dance music, but the closest i can get is that the melody of the verses kind of loosely reminded me of Billy Joel's Allen Town.

I've tried looking at YouTube videos where I may have originally seen the song in the sidebar, but that didn't help. If it helps at all, the original video I saw was of three college-aged girls on the bed singing along with the song. The group is a duo of two pretty boys kind of like Wham!

Any help or even just clues for searching would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Ah, found it after some creative searches.

Here's the song, and it turns out it is from the 80s if a moderator wants to move this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzP7AE08EpU

Subject: Re: Who was this french language duo? (Found it)

Written By: whistledog on 06/28/13 at 9:24 pm

I've actually heard of that duo before, but never would have been able to help you solve the mystery.  Glad you found it :)

Written By: pell on 06/29/13 at 3:31 am

It turns out that the duo I was originally looking for was a couple of guys on YouTube called Pedj and Kelly who were lip syncing to the song. Apparently they were a YouTube sensation in the late 2000s, so lots of people were emulating them and lip syncing to the same songs.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/27/13 at 9:15 pm

I've never heard of them and I can't understand a word that they're singing.  :(

Check for new replies or respond here...