inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Late 2000s

Written By: thenewtattoo on 07/24/13 at 8:55 pm

Would you agree this period in history was one of the most distained and hated times?

Subject: Re: The Late 2000s

Written By: XYkid on 07/25/13 at 1:53 am

It was a pretty crappy time in my personal life that's for sure, so for me, yes.
However, there's very little about the pop culture of that time that I care to remember, most of the music around then was crap too. Surprisingly enough, I like this decade's music a lot more.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 07/25/13 at 2:11 am

No, I don't.

Written By: yearofthemonkey on 07/25/13 at 2:44 am

I don't think anyone even remembers any of the songs or trends of that era, other than some Lady Gaga songs.

Written By: yearofthemonkey on 07/25/13 at 2:44 am

---

Written By: whistledog on 07/25/13 at 9:15 am

Written By: Henk on 07/25/13 at 9:30 am

^ That just about sums it up. ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/25/13 at 3:33 pm

Would you agree this period in history was one of the most distained and hated times?

What was so hated about it? ???

Written By: Jeff on 07/25/13 at 3:38 pm

What was so hated about it? ???

reality tv becomes pseudo, PG era of wrestling begins, corrupt women in society, mainstream music scene going downhill

Written By: Howard on 07/25/13 at 4:39 pm

reality tv becomes pseudo, PG era of wrestling begins, corrupt women in society, mainstream music scene going downhill

I agree with that.

Written By: whistledog on 07/25/13 at 7:41 pm

This information is false

Written By: bchris02 on 07/25/13 at 8:44 pm

No.

For me in my personal life, they were both the best of times and the worst of times.  Some bad things happened to me in that era but I was also chasing my dream and living my life to its fullest back then. I look back on the Lady Gaga era with much fondness.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 07/25/13 at 8:57 pm

No.

For me in my personal life, they were both the best of times and the worst of times.  Some bad things happened to me in that era but I was also chasing my dream and living my life to its fullest back then. I look back on the Lady Gaga era with much fondness.

the late 2000s were just weird , like the whole vibe of it was this modern progression to try to be different
while rejecting the ideals of the classic 2000s slowly , this resulted in this era feeling dark

Written By: Jeff on 07/25/13 at 9:10 pm

Actually, if you did research just once in your life, you'd discover that WWE's PG era began in 2008. That's the late 2000s.

Written By: Howard on 07/26/13 at 3:53 pm

How is that false? ???

Written By: Howard on 07/26/13 at 3:53 pm

Actually, if you did research just once in your life, you'd discover that WWE's PG era began in 2008. That's the late 2000s.

It happened after The Chris Benoit tragedy.

Written By: Jeff on 08/10/13 at 4:03 pm

LOLCats were popular then and the Power of 10 quiz/game show with Drew Carey.

Written By: Venomous Mask on 08/14/13 at 7:50 pm

With the exception of a few songs, pop music took a major turn for the worse; it's like mediocrity became a requirement to become popular.

Written By: Rae_Caroline on 08/30/13 at 12:33 pm

What do you mean by this?

Written By: Jeff on 08/30/13 at 2:22 pm

What do you mean by this?

I could clarify but the soft-*** moderators will probably delete my comment as so-called "sexism" lol

Written By: Tam on 08/30/13 at 3:29 pm

I could clarify but the soft-*** moderators will probably delete my comment as so-called "sexism" lol

No, please - clarify for me.
And please, attack the mods again and you will lose all access to this site.

Tam - inthe00s.com Lead Moderator

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/31/13 at 2:02 am

No, please - clarify for me.
And please, attack the mods again and you will lose all access to this site.

Tam - inthe00s.com Lead Moderator

no don't bother. I banned him.  sick of this nonsense.  time to just ban people who just want to cause trouble and make noise

Written By: XYkid on 08/31/13 at 2:05 am

no don't bother. I banned him.  sick of this nonsense.  time to just ban people who just want to cause trouble and make noise
This is just my opinion, but I feel that we should just not allow guests on this site at all. If they really want to be on this site that much, they should just join like the rest of us.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/31/13 at 3:02 am

This is just my opinion, but I feel that we should just not allow guests on this site at all. If they really want to be on this site that much, they should just join like the rest of us.

pretty sure he did already, but still posted as a guest to irritate certain people

Written By: warped on 08/31/13 at 6:09 am

pretty sure he did already, but still posted as a guest to irritate certain people

Yeah, he joined as  "UnderwaterEdge" and who knows maybe others too. I assume "UnderwaterEdge" is also banned together with Jeff?

Written By: Howard on 08/31/13 at 3:37 pm

Why post as a guest? ???

Written By: Starde on 09/03/13 at 2:33 pm

Why post as a guest? ???

That's what I don't understand! It really annoys me. If you're posting here as a guest everyday, REGISTER.

Check for new replies or respond here...