inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rihanna vs. any big 00s artist

Written By: Jeff on 08/20/13 at 8:02 pm

There is a topic comparing Eminem and Lady Gaga as if to determine who's made the biggest impact in this century. One artist that is also worthy of discussion is Rihanna. I'm NOT necessarily saying that she's made a bigger impact than Eminem or Lady Gaga but she does have a lot going for her:

* She's had about ten US Billboard Hot 100 number one singles in addition to other hits that were reasonably big
* She's appeared in AT LEAST ONE film
* She became popular in 2005, STILL BEFORE Lady Gaga was even remotely culturally relevant

Subject: Re: Rihanna vs. any big 00s artist

Written By: whistledog on 08/21/13 at 9:56 am

I've never heard of a singer called any big 00s artist.  There is no such singer or band under that name.  So quit talking crazy and just register for an account at inthe00s already. 

Subject: Re: Rihanna vs. any big 00s artist

Written By: bchris02 on 08/21/13 at 8:36 pm

Rihanna has been huge musically, but I can't say she has had the cultural impact that Lady Gaga or Eminem have had.  I would place Lady Gaga and Eminem up there with Michael Jackson, Madonna, the Rolling Stones, and the Beatles.  Rihanna would be more Journey, Led Zepplin, and Aerosmith.

Check for new replies or respond here...