inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What do you think about Kias and Hyundais from the 00's?

Written By: the_jock on 09/20/13 at 7:36 am

I have loved Kias and Hyundais since about 2000-2001 when i was in high school and loved the exotic looks of the then-current Rio, Accent, Shuma/Spectra compared to boring European cars. I'm thinking about buying a used Hyundai or Kia and I want to ask you if you think they're a good deal? I am probably going to chose between a 2006-2010 Accent or Kia Rio 2003-2005 sedan or the 2006 Spectra5. They all look lovely on the outside, but are they reliable? :)

Subject: Re: What do you think about Kias and Hyundais from the 00's?

Written By: whistledog on 09/20/13 at 5:51 pm

I have an Accent.  Good cars, nice and quiet engine, smooth ride, built to last!

Written By: XYkid on 09/20/13 at 6:44 pm

Hyundai definitely made a lot of improvements in their cars over the past couple of decades, and it really shows.
I will probably have a Hyundai Accent or Elantra as my first car, right now I'm just sharing my mum's old Lexus.

Written By: gibbo on 09/21/13 at 1:20 am

They are reliable and affordable vehicles. We had a Hyundai Getz and a Hyundai Trajet (people mover). The Getz was written off by our son recently and my wife replaced it with a brand new Kia Rio. She did all her research and the Kia came out ahead of the equivalent Hyundai's (even though both brands are owned by Kia).

They have a great warranty (6 years) and appear to go forever.

No problems from our perspective.

I personally did not like the older styling of the Kias or the Hyundai Accents etc. The new cars have a more European look .. and I've noticed that the new Toyota Corrolla has moved that way as well to counter the popularity of the Korean made vehicles.

Written By: the_jock on 09/21/13 at 1:25 pm

Well I prefer the styling of their previous offers as I don't like the Euro look on cars. However, from all the currentKia crop I only like the current Rio. I like far more Hyundais -- the current Accent (not sold in Europe), and also the i10 and face-lifted i20. The i30 however looks like an Euro POS. The Elantra and i40 look fine, too. I think Kias look too European nowadays while Hyundais look great. I don't want to have a car that looks like some ugly Euro econobox like the Fiesta or the Peugeots, VWs and other similar POS.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 09/23/13 at 3:41 am

I have an Accent.  Good cars, nice and quiet engine

I had an Accent rental car when I made a road trip through Florida. It was in 2010, so I think that was still a 00s model. Looked quite cheap to me, to be honest...

Written By: the_jock on 09/23/13 at 3:59 pm

Well, it's better built than POS like the Golf, the Focus, the Fiesta, the Clio and other Euro trash.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 09/23/13 at 4:01 pm

Well, it's better built than POS like the Golf, the Focus, the Fiesta, the Clio and other Euro trash.

Lol.

Golf is definetly another category. And not because I am German.

Check for new replies or respond here...