inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: We have reached that time LOL

Written By: thenewtattoo on 10/19/13 at 5:20 pm

the 2000s are officialy cringe worthy lol

I am noticing alot of ppl are uploading pics on facebook from the 2000s and getting lots of    OMG U WORE THAT
or  wow that is terrible  response. Not only does that make the 2000s distance itself even more from this Decade
but it clearly shows 2000s nostalgia wont be back from sometime.

Subject: Re: We have reached that time LOL

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/19/13 at 5:22 pm

I am noticing alot of ppl are uploading pics on facebook from the 2000s and getting lots of    OMG U WORE THAT
or  wow that is terrible  response. Not only does that make the 2000s distance itself even more from this Decade
but it clearly shows 2000s nostalgia wont be back from sometime.

Every decade goes through that cycle.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 10/19/13 at 5:23 pm

Upload the pics.
I wanna see what they're saying.

Written By: Inertia on 10/19/13 at 5:24 pm

Screenshots or it didn't happen. ;)

Written By: thenewtattoo on 10/19/13 at 5:25 pm

Upload the pics.

its alot of girls with like that short 2002 hair  that kelly clarkson had, alot of 2006 prep  clothes
with  classic boho brown  with olive green pants lol  YIKES

Written By: thenewtattoo on 10/19/13 at 5:26 pm

Every decade goes through that cycle.

right now for some reason 2000s fashion is getting mega hate , like almost like
embarrassment.  Infact Miley Cyrus has taken down all of her hannah Montana (2006-2008)
songs down from itunes because she is embarrassed by it.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 10/19/13 at 5:29 pm

Upload the pics.

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/115/299688137_dc974b81db_o.jpg

Written By: 80sfan on 10/19/13 at 6:08 pm

That is soooo 2004!

Written By: 80sfan on 10/19/13 at 6:09 pm

You guys should see me in my 80s whore makeup look, circa 1987. Of course I'm kidding, I wasn't born until the late 80s!

Written By: Mat1991 on 10/19/13 at 9:44 pm

What's wrong with that? That's pretty tame compared to other '00s fads.  ::)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/22/13 at 12:30 am

Tits or GTFO.  :D

Written By: Howard on 10/22/13 at 6:37 am

O0 you got that right!

Written By: Paul on 10/24/13 at 5:47 pm

It's official! Tits from 2002 are more embarrassing than tits from 1985...work THAT one out, decadeologists! (Especially you, OP)

Written By: thenewtattoo on 10/24/13 at 9:45 pm

It's official! Tits from 2002 are more embarrassing than tits from 1985...work THAT one out, decadeologists! (Especially you, OP)

joke is so old now

Written By: whistledog on 10/24/13 at 9:59 pm

You spelled that word wrong

Written By: thenewtattoo on 10/24/13 at 10:12 pm

You spelled that word wrong

oh ok ill go retreat to a dictionary  for another 7 months

Written By: Howard on 10/25/13 at 6:45 am

;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/25/13 at 8:24 pm

oh ok ill go retreat to a dictionary  for another 7 months

See you next May.  ::)

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 10/29/13 at 9:47 am

Hoodies were to the 00's, what flannel was to the 90's.

Written By: bchris02 on 10/30/13 at 9:51 pm

As a guy, there isn't much I wore in the 2000s that I wouldn't wear today, with the exception of cargo pants and carpenter jeans in the early 2000s.  Cargo shorts are still acceptable today.  The most notable difference for guys is the hairstyles.  In the second half of the 2000s, the Bieber swoop was all the rage for guys.  After Bieber became popular and the hate began, it killed the hairstyle.

Written By: XYkid on 10/30/13 at 10:35 pm

As a guy, there isn't much I wore in the 2000s that I wouldn't wear today, with the exception of cargo pants and carpenter jeans in the early 2000s.  Cargo shorts are still acceptable today.  The most notable difference for guys is the hairstyles.  In the second half of the 2000s, the Bieber swoop was all the rage for guys.  After Bieber became popular and the hate began, it killed the hairstyle.
I remember that, I dated a guy who had that "Bieber swoop", he cut his hair not long after Bieber became popular.
Is it weird that I miss cargo pants? I had a pair of camouflage cargo jeans back in Grade 2, I don't think you get more early 2000s than that.
I also had the boy band spikes, with the frosted tips and everything. I miss those days.

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 10/31/13 at 4:50 pm

Guys with thick, shaggy hair.

Written By: XYkid on 10/31/13 at 5:03 pm

Hoodies were to the 00's, what flannel was to the 90's.
Hoodies took off in the 90s, but the graphic hoodies often associated with gangster rap and skaters didn't seem to be that common until 1998ish.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 10/31/13 at 5:27 pm

Yeah that shaggy, medium-long hair on guys was EVERYWHERE in the mid-late 2000s, especially around '05-'06. I believe it's called a "wings" hairstyle.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ad/WingsHaircut.jpg
(from Wikipedia)

Some guys still wear their hair like that even in 2013, but I do think it's quite dated at this point and instantly makes me think of my high school years when I see it....I think guys who still have it are just too lazy to get haircuts ;D That was basically my excuse for rocking that look in high school. I also thought it made me look older back then.

"Bieber" hair seemed to be a bit different...it was definitely styled ("swooped") and more worn by the skinny jean-wearing emo/punk crowd, whereas "wings" was more for skaters and preppy kids who simply thought letting their hair grow and not using any kind of product was a good look.

Written By: XYkid on 10/31/13 at 5:54 pm

Yeah that shaggy, medium-long hair on guys was EVERYWHERE in the mid-late 2000s, especially around '05-'06. I believe it's called a "wings" hairstyle.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ad/WingsHaircut.jpg
(from Wikipedia)

Some guys still wear their hair like that even in 2013, but I do think it's quite dated at this point and instantly makes me think of my high school years when I see it....I think guys who still have it are just too lazy to get haircuts ;D That was basically my excuse for rocking that look in high school. I also thought it made me look older back then.

"Bieber" hair seemed to be a bit different...it was definitely styled ("swooped") and more worn by the skinny jean-wearing emo/punk crowd, whereas "wings" was more for skaters and preppy kids who simply thought letting their hair grow and not using any kind of product was a good look.
I've noticed that lots of guys are getting shorter hair recently. I have nothing against short hair, but guys who look good with long hair usually look better than they do with short hair. I just wish they would've left it that way.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 10/31/13 at 6:11 pm

I prefer shorter hair on guys myself. I actually don't like long (shoulder length) hair on guys at all.

Written By: Katluver on 11/01/13 at 3:01 pm

I've come to that age where fashion/trends have become a blur ever since the 90s ended. All I remember about the 00s was the visible thong  :P, skinny jeans with Uggs, shawls, that punk/Avril Lavigne look---arm sweatbands/military print/rubber bracelets (those look so tacky, imo)/skulls (still seem to be popular), and the modern "yuppie" look---stilettos/black & white color combo/high waist skirts/oversized sunglasses...

Written By: Howard on 11/01/13 at 4:01 pm

I prefer shorter hair on guys myself. I actually don't like long (shoulder length) hair on guys at all.

long hair went out in the 70's.

Written By: Backlash Bobby on 11/03/13 at 7:28 pm

I'll start a counter-backlash against the 2000s backlashers!

Written By: nintieskid999 on 11/05/13 at 12:40 am

I think the backlash is just about time and not strong enough. I think what's causing the backlash is how a lot of the main entertainers of the 00s are basically going out of their way to suck AKA Britney Spears, Robin Thicke...

We are tired of reality shows and the Kardashians.
So basically the more they fail, the more tired we will get of it.

Written By: Howard on 11/05/13 at 7:07 am

We are tired of reality shows and the Kardashians.
So basically the more they fail, the more tired we will get of it.

I agree, I don't watch a lot of them anymore.

Written By: XYkid on 11/13/13 at 7:24 am

It's weird how I've noticed how different fashion is compared to 5-10 years ago. Well maybe not THAT different, but there are so many fads that I thought were still around that actually disappeared.

I remember when everyone wore Livestrong bands, I even wore one, too bad Lance turned out to be such a jerk.

Emo is no longer a big thing, and has mostly been replaced by hipster, and scene kids are rapidly vanishing (I grew out of my scene kid phase in 2011).

Technology from 10, or even 5-6 years ago, looks ancient compared to today's mobile phones, laptops, tablets, etc.

I still see girls wearing Uggs in public though, but thankfully I've seen less of the whole 'uggs with shorts' look. Another thing I always hated was women trying to glamourise track suits, or just athletic wear in general. Athletic wear is for working out, nothing else.

Written By: 19brandon90 on 11/13/13 at 9:59 am

Women still wear pajamas out in public. Girls used to do that all the time when I was in high school (2005-2009). I still see girls doing that today at my college. I've also seen them wearing pajamas at the mall. A lot of the girls that do this are not the most attractive so it looks kind of trashy on them. It looks like they just rolled out of bed and were too lazy to put regular clothes on.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/13/13 at 7:26 pm

Women still wear pajamas out in public. Girls used to do that all the time when I was in high school (2005-2009). I still see girls doing that today at my college. I've also seen them wearing pajamas at the mall. A lot of the girls that do this are not the most attractive so it looks kind of trashy on them. It looks like they just rolled out of bed and were too lazy to put regular clothes on.  ;D

Guys do it too.

Written By: XYkid on 11/14/13 at 5:47 pm

Brand names were also huge in the 2000s. Things like A&F, Hollister, Element, Volcom, Ed Hardy, Tapout, etc.
While this is still somewhat true today to an extent, I've thankfully seen fewer and fewer people wearing stuff with blatant brand logos or names.
I always hated these kinds of clothes, it's like they're trying to say "look how cool I am because I wear a label that looks edgy/rich/whatever".
In reality, it just makes you look like a tool, especially if you're over the age of 16.
I always avoid clothes like that for those reasons, and I only look for a specific brand if I know it has the best quality.

Written By: tv on 11/16/13 at 11:01 pm

I had to pick on hip-hop from the 00's but the gold teeth were dumb. That just looks stupid now.

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/19/13 at 12:40 am

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

I'll see ya' next May, too, Thenewtattoo, but, like, it's ALSO "I'll", because the word "ill" is used to describe somebody who's sick!  <Makes smarty-pants face>

;D  I knew that you meant "I'll", though.  ;)

Well, take care of yourself until May, fer SHURR!  Don't freeze.  Don't accidentally gag yourself with, like, a spoon.  Don't barf out, or hurl, or blow chunks! Oh, and above all...PARTY ON!
8)

See you next May.  ::)

Written By: The Valley Goth on 11/19/13 at 12:47 am

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

I went to college between 1997 and 2001, and I'd ALWAYS see girls wearing those flannel/ cotton pajama-type, tie-front pants to breakfast; they'd wear them with big tee shirts, and their long hair would be pulled up in messy bun styles.
8)

Written By: thenewtattoo on 11/19/13 at 2:06 pm

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

I'll see ya' next May, too, Thenewtattoo, but, like, it's ALSO "I'll", because the word "ill" is used to describe somebody who's sick!  <Makes smarty-pants face>

;D  I knew that you meant "I'll", though.  ;)

Well, take care of yourself until May, fer SHURR!  Don't freeze.  Don't accidentally gag yourself with, like, a spoon.  Don't barf out, or hurl, or blow chunks! Oh, and above all...PARTY ON!
8)

wow and i actually felt bad for UR. post. THAT. YOU. MADE.

wow now i don't anymore.

Written By: thenewtattoo on 11/19/13 at 2:07 pm

It's weird how I've noticed how different fashion is compared to 5-10 years ago. Well maybe not THAT different, but there are so many fads that I thought were still around that actually disappeared.

I remember when everyone wore Livestrong bands, I even wore one, too bad Lance turned out to be such a jerk.

Emo is no longer a big thing, and has mostly been replaced by hipster, and scene kids are rapidly vanishing (I grew out of my scene kid phase in 2011).

Technology from 10, or even 5-6 years ago, looks ancient compared to today's mobile phones, laptops, tablets, etc.

I still see girls wearing Uggs in public though, but thankfully I've seen less of the whole 'uggs with shorts' look. Another thing I always hated was women trying to glamourise track suits, or just athletic wear in general. Athletic wear is for working out, nothing else.

Uggs need 2 die

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 12/03/13 at 4:33 am

Not that this is bad fashion, but something I remember seeing a lot: Multi colored Long Johns.

Written By: XYkid on 12/03/13 at 12:57 pm

Uggs need 2 die
I'm fine with people wearing them in their own home to stay warm, but it's such a faux pas to be seen wearing in public.

Written By: yearofthemonkey on 12/07/13 at 4:49 am

Not that this is bad fashion, but something I remember seeing a lot: Multi colored Long Johns.

Long Johns? Like with the flap on the back so you can go to the bathroom without taking them off?

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 12/08/13 at 2:14 pm

Long Johns? Like with the flap on the back so you can go to the bathroom without taking them off?

I mean Long john shirts.

Check for new replies or respond here...