inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2004: The year

Written By: 80sfan on 01/02/14 at 4:15 pm

I LOVE 2004! I was 15 for most of the year and my freshmen year of high school was fun!

I didn't much care for popular music then, but I really like movies that year.

I went on a trip to Vietnam with my mother in March of that year. I started driving in October for practice, and I got my license in December, when I was 16.

There was a 'fun' feeling about the year pop culture wise, and in my life. I remember Family Guy being REALLY popular that year!

Subject: Re: 2004: The year

Written By: mxcrashxm on 01/02/14 at 5:30 pm

This is the year that I went to balboa park, 6th grade camp, graduated from elementary, started middle school, went to soak city, I turned 11, got my new room, met more new friends, and having a crazy summer.

Good times, good times.

Also, I think 2004 sounds and looks old now since it turned 10 yesterday.

Written By: Ripley on 01/02/14 at 6:56 pm

In 2004 I was a young adult.  I was a real slacker back then.  :-[

Written By: Howard on 01/03/14 at 8:11 am

I started my first romantic relationship in quite a while.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/03/14 at 8:24 am

In 2004 I was a young adult.  I was a real slacker back then.  :-[

Me too. I grew up to regret it though, because I learned about myself that I actually like to work and learn.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/03/14 at 8:24 am

I started my first romantic relationship in quite a while.

Cool.  :)

Written By: popguru85 on 01/03/14 at 11:33 am

I graduated high school and started college

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/14/14 at 8:42 pm

2004 was a great year for me.  I was 28 years old and some of my favourite music from days past was out from Duran Duran and Tears For Fears.  I just loved being young.  That was nearly 10 years ago for me.  :)
I was worrying my ass off about turning 30 in two years time.  :) But I made it and now I'm getting closer to 40.  :)

Written By: XYkid on 01/14/14 at 9:39 pm

I've talked about the year 2004 all to much. I was 10 years old, and happy as could be. I had lots of good friends and good experiences.
Since I was born in 1994, and 2004 was such a great year, I hope 2014 continues this trend of awesome years ending in 4.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/29/14 at 3:43 am

May 29th 2004 – The National World War II Memorial is dedicated in Washington, D.C.

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/29/14 at 6:54 am

It was my senior year, I finished high school. Summer was up and down looking for jobs that didn't pan out. I was just glad to be done with school. I do miss being that age, but at the same time, I don't.

Written By: Inertia on 05/29/14 at 7:43 am

2004 was a great year for me. I was fifteen at the time.

I spent most of the year absorbed in Diablo 2 and other video games.

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/29/14 at 7:51 am

2004 was a great year for me. I was fifteen at the time.

I spent most of the year absorbed in Diablo 2 and other video games.

I never played those computer games. Isn't it similar to WOW? How does Diablo work? I play Xbox360 games, but I've been on hiatus from it. My kind of games are platforming, it's fun to do those jumps and runs and sword fights with the character.

Written By: Howard on 05/29/14 at 8:11 am

I was 30 years old and I was in a vocational program.

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/29/14 at 8:15 am

I was 30 years old and I was in a vocational program.

I was in a program too, where once a week a lady took me out to look for jobs and I had some classes with job hunting tips and how to make online resumes and all that.

Written By: Howard on 05/29/14 at 9:09 am

I was in a program too, where once a week a lady took me out to look for jobs and I had some classes with job hunting tips and how to make online resumes and all that.

I had to sit in a classroom listening to lectures almost all day and you had a job coach helping you look for a job.

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/29/14 at 9:19 am

I had to sit in a classroom listening to lectures almost all day and you had a job coach helping you look for a job.

This didn't last all day, thankfully.

Written By: Howard on 05/29/14 at 2:35 pm

This didn't last all day, thankfully.

It was an hour each group then you'd have a 15 minute break and lunch at 12 then you'd go home at 3pm.

Written By: Inertia on 05/29/14 at 4:32 pm

I never played those computer games. Isn't it similar to WOW? How does Diablo work? I play Xbox360 games, but I've been on hiatus from it. My kind of games are platforming, it's fun to do those jumps and runs and sword fights with the character.

Diablo 2 and WoW have some similarities.

They are both MMORPG's and made by the Blizzard company.

Diablo 2 is older however and was created in 2001 versus 2004.

In my opinion, Diablo 2 has a better dueling system, but WoW has better graphics.

You join individual games on Diablo 2 which have an eight person maximum, but you join a whole world on WoW which can hold thousands in the same room or game.

There is an actual channel or chat room on Diablo 2 on the splash screen before you enter games. This does not exist on WoW.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/14 at 5:04 am

It was an hour each group then you'd have a 15 minute break and lunch at 12 then you'd go home at 3pm.
At these type of sessions I found more and better progress was made during lunch.

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/30/14 at 8:35 am

Diablo 2 and WoW have some similarities.

They are both MMORPG's and made by the Blizzard company.

Diablo 2 is older however and was created in 2001 versus 2004.

In my opinion, Diablo 2 has a better dueling system, but WoW has better graphics.

You join individual games on Diablo 2 which have an eight person maximum, but you join a whole world on WoW which can hold thousands in the same room or game.

There is an actual channel or chat room on Diablo 2 on the splash screen before you enter games. This does not exist on WoW.

What's the storyline? I know WOW has different creatures like Tauren and Elves and stuff like that, but I don't know anything about online gaming. I know that one you pay to play too, which doesn't appeal to me.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/04/14 at 7:05 am

June 4th 2004 – In Granby, Colorado, US, Marvin Heemeyer went on a rampage with a modified bulldozer over a zoning dispute, destroying several buildings before committing suicide.

Written By: Inertia on 06/04/14 at 1:03 pm

What's the storyline? I know WOW has different creatures like Tauren and Elves and stuff like that, but I don't know anything about online gaming. I know that one you pay to play too, which doesn't appeal to me.

Hero from the first game gets possessed by Diablo and starts a trek across the land to awaken the other prime evils more or less. There is a guy named Marius following him. The issue of demons plaguing the land brings about would be heroes of different classes to defeat the monsters.

Written By: XYkid on 06/05/14 at 12:22 am

This song from 2004 (released in 2003, but didn't chart in North America until 2004) bring back a lot of memories. I forgot about it until I heard it in GTA V recently. This type of music was very popular in Houston, where I was living at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzJ-_tWFXrA&feature=kp

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/04/14 at 2:17 am

July 4th 2004 – The cornerstone of the Freedom Tower is laid on the site of the World Trade Center in New York City.

Check for new replies or respond here...