inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Early 2000s Beat (PLEASE HELP)

Written By: Keinho on 01/20/14 at 1:38 am

Hey, I'm a producer/rapper obsessed with the beats of the late 90s (98-99) & early 2000s (2000-2003), but mostly beats from 1999-2001.  Is there are a particular way I can capture that feeling of that time period in my beats? I mean, nowadays in hip-hop it's just loud 808's and rapid hi-hats. Is there a particular sound of that era, and if so, can you name all of these elements? Thanks in advance.

Subject: Re: Early 2000s Beat (PLEASE HELP)

Written By: Emman on 01/20/14 at 4:52 pm

Hey, I'm a producer/rapper obsessed with the beats of the late 90s (98-99) & early 2000s (2000-2003), but mostly beats from 1999-2001.  Is there are a particular way I can capture that feeling of that time period in my beats? I mean, nowadays in hip-hop it's just loud 808's and rapid hi-hats. Is there a particular sound of that era, and if so, can you name all of these elements? Thanks in advance.

The two producers that defined the era of hip-hop around '98-'03 would be Timbaland and The Neptunes, this era was probably one of hip-hop'
s musically innovative periods.

Written By: Keinho on 01/20/14 at 9:26 pm

The two producers that defined the era of hip-hop around '98-'03 would be Timbaland and The Neptunes, this era was probably one of hip-hop'
s musically innovative periods.

Hi, thanks for the reply. So are you saying there's no way to actually re-create that sound?

Written By: yearofthemonkey on 01/21/14 at 12:08 am

Hammond organs, acoustic guitars, funky basses, orchestra hits, cellos. Liberal use of minor chords.

Written By: Keinho on 01/21/14 at 3:54 pm

Hammond organs, acoustic guitars, funky basses, orchestra hits, cellos. Liberal use of minor chords.

Thanks you

Check for new replies or respond here...