inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Comedy Central shows from the 2000's

Written By: KatanaChick on 07/01/14 at 4:20 am

I used to watch Battlebots, Crank Yankers, Drawn Together, Strip Mall, Strangers With Candy, and sometimes The Colbert Report. I think last decade was a good decade for shows on that channel. Now I don't know what they have on. Was anyone else a Comedy Central lover back then?

Subject: Re: Comedy Central shows from the 2000's

Written By: popguru85 on 07/08/14 at 12:31 pm

I loved comedy Central. Along with what you listed they played old SNL reruns, Kids in The Hall, The UK version of Whose Line is it anyway?, Loved the game shows Win Ben Steins Money and Beat The Geeks. The biggest hits for them were South Park, The Daily Show (Jon Stewart), and Chappelles Show.

Written By: Howard on 07/08/14 at 2:26 pm

I loved comedy Central. Along with what you listed they played old SNL reruns, Kids in The Hall, The UK version of Whose Line is it anyway?, Loved the game shows Win Ben Steins Money and Beat The Geeks. The biggest hits for them were South Park, The Daily Show (Jon Stewart), and Chappelles Show.

I did watch Kids In The Hall and Win Ben Stein's Money.

Written By: KatanaChick on 07/08/14 at 3:44 pm

I did watch Kids In The Hall and Win Ben Stein's Money.

Ben Stein's Money was a hard game show! So was Beat The Geeks. Kids In The Hall was a Canadian sketch comedy.

Written By: Howard on 07/09/14 at 2:30 pm

Ben Stein's Money was a hard game show! So was Beat The Geeks. Kids In The Hall was a Canadian sketch comedy.

I used to watch Kids In The Hall almost all the time.

Written By: KatanaChick on 07/09/14 at 7:50 pm

I used to watch Kids In The Hall almost all the time.

I'd sometimes watch.

Written By: Howard on 07/10/14 at 2:36 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHOFmHMTN5k

;D

Written By: Bobby on 07/30/14 at 9:54 am

I think I preferred The Paramount Comedy Channel before it merged with Comedy Central but I did love watching South Park, Dr Katz and I'm with Busey.

Written By: 1993 on 07/30/14 at 10:20 am

I think I preferred The Paramount Comedy Channel before it merged with Comedy Central but I did love watching South Park, Dr Katz and I'm with Busey.

Dr Katz I remember well. Poorly animated but a good little show

Written By: XYkid on 07/30/14 at 6:52 pm

I miss The Chappelle Show and Mind of Mencia.

Written By: Bobby on 07/30/14 at 8:01 pm

Dr Katz I remember well. Poorly animated but a good little show

Yes, the crude squiggly animation seemed to be a fad at one time. It reminded me of another animation series called Home Movies.

Written By: XYkid on 07/30/14 at 9:45 pm

Yes, the crude squiggly animation seemed to be a fad at one time. It reminded me of another animation series called Home Movies.
Home Movies was actually inspired by Dr Katz in writing style as well. Basically, they would give the voice actors a scenario and improvise it, then put animation to it.

Written By: Howard on 07/31/14 at 3:54 pm

I miss The Chappelle Show and Mind of Mencia.

I used to watch The Chappelle Show.

Written By: Bobby on 07/31/14 at 6:22 pm

Home Movies was actually inspired by Dr Katz in writing style as well. Basically, they would give the voice actors a scenario and improvise it, then put animation to it.

That makes sense as I always thought Home Movies had that ad-libbing style. I might see if there are any episodes of it on Youtube.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...