inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sixth Generation of Gaming vs Seventh Generation of Gaming

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 05/06/15 at 7:56 pm

Which generation do you prefer?
6th gen consisted of the PS2,XBOX,Gamecube,Gameboy advanced, and the Sega dreamcast etc.
7th gen consisted of the PS3,XBOX 360,Wii, etc.
I liked both, but personally I prefer the sixth gen more! Those were my prime years of gaming! Seventh gen was cool too, I had a blast playing XBOX 360 and PS3 in middle school and high school! :) :)

Subject: Re: Sixth Generation of Gaming vs Seventh Generation of Gaming

Written By: the2001 on 05/06/15 at 8:10 pm

6th gen LMAO

When ps3 and xbox 360 came out I was so turned off by video games with all these stupid ass pay walls.
and every game is a shooter

6th gen Dreamcast  (GOAT SYSTEM) I was in the mall when that launched
PS2    CLASSIc system  people were selling them like hotcakes during 2001,

LOL at 7th gen gaming what a horrible era

Written By: the2001 on 05/06/15 at 8:10 pm

Which generation do you prefer?
6th gen consisted of the PS2,XBOX,Gamecube,Gameboy advanced, and the Sega dreamcast etc.
I liked both, but personally I prefer the sixth gen more! Those were my prime years of gaming! Seventh gen was cool too, I had a blast playing XBOX 360 and PS3 in middle school and high school! :) :)

yeah

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 05/06/15 at 8:18 pm

6th gen LMAO

When ps3 and xbox 360 came out I was so turned off by video games with all these stupid ass pay walls.
and every game is a shooter

6th gen Dreamcast  (GOAT SYSTEM) I was in the mall when that launched
PS2    CLASSIc system  people were selling them like hotcakes during 2001,

LOL at 7th gen gaming what a horrible era

Let me guess you like 8th gen better?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 05/06/15 at 9:39 pm

Although I have played both generations of gaming. I prefer the 6th one for a variety of reasons. First, it was the last gaming generation to have multiplayer in full swing. 7th does have multiplayer, but it's mostly online. It's was excellent playing with friends sitting next to you as it has that special bond that online multiplayer can't replace. Second, a majority of games were magnificent that are now considered classics. All consoles had their fair share of awesome games. The gameplay was well worth it and it wanted the player to replay the game once more. Next, the games presented full content when the games were released. There was no DLC BS and you were able to unlock special bonuses for completing certain tasks. You unfortunately don't see that in many games today anymore. Even better, the hyped games released were actually accurate and was worth the purchase to play them. Last, the games were still diverse. There were plenty of games ranging from platformers, RPGS, puzzles, mysteries, racing, fighting, shooters, open-world, and adventures. Unfortunately, a majority of games seem to be stuck on FPSes. While I don't mind them, there's too many. I would love to see the variety in today's video games again. I would appreciate it so much.

Written By: the2001 on 05/07/15 at 10:51 am

Let me guess you like 8th gen better?

trash as well as 7th lol

My fav eras of games were
SNES/SEGA    ps1/n64    and ps2/xbox/cube

anything other gameing  after that is trash

Written By: Shemp97 on 05/07/15 at 12:45 pm

I never owned a 6th gen console. I went from fifth gen(PsOne) to seventh gen(360), though I have played some OG xbox games and Crimson skies is still currently one of my fav 21st century games.  I'd say early the the PS360's lifespans we still had classic gaming before the brown FPS games and DLC took over. I have little experience with PS3 but 360 feels closer to classic gaming due to the lesser technology inside the pre-2010 model(hooking up an ethernet cable to get online because the 360 had no wifi lol). Nothing beats Wii though.

Written By: the2001 on 05/07/15 at 12:48 pm

I never owned a 6th gen console. I went from fifth gen(PsOne) to seventh gen(360), though I have played some OG xbox games and Crimson skies is still currently one of my fav 21st century games.  I'd say early the the PS360's lifespans we still had classic gaming before the brown FPS games and DLC took over. I have little experience with PS3 but 360 feels closer to classic gaming due to the lesser technology inside the pre-2010 model(hooking up an ethernet cable to get online because the 360 had no wifi lol). Nothing beats Wii though.

xbox 360 came out in 2005 which is weird cuz 2005 is an oldschool year

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 05/07/15 at 1:11 pm

xbox 360 came out in 2005 which is weird cuz 2005 is an oldschool year

2005 is NOT an old school year! lol it's old but not old school just dated

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 05/07/15 at 1:22 pm

Overall when looking back on 00s pop culture the PS2,XBOX 360, and Wii will be the three most remembered consoles!

Written By: Howard on 05/07/15 at 1:50 pm

definitely the 7th generation.

Check for new replies or respond here...