inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Already have major nostalgia for the late 2000s

Written By: Slim95 on 06/05/15 at 11:11 pm

It may seem crazy to some of you, but I really miss the late 00's (2007-2009) already. The years when I was 12-14 was one of the best times of my life. I miss the time when YouTube was young and fun to use. I miss staying up late on my Desktop PC playing online games. I miss still using MSN and opening a Facebook for the first time. I miss using MySpace too. It was just a fun time. Early and Mid 00's I was still a child so I have fond memories from then but now as the time goes on the late 00's become a very special and fun time in my life. 2010 is also nearing pretty nostalgic to me too. But yeah, I just really miss the late 2000s!

Subject: Re: Already have major nostalgia for the late 2000s

Written By: mqg96 on 06/05/15 at 11:23 pm

I miss 2010 and 2011 a lot more than 2008 and 2009, that's just from my personal experiences. Maybe early/mid 2007 was great for me because of all of the plane trips I went on throughout that year, like Washington DC and stuff but other than that. The late 00's wasn't that good for me, because that was the time I was in middle school going through puberty and having to go into a new hostile environment which was tuff for me to adjust.  :(

I'll admit though I do miss the classic Youtube & Myspace days when the websites were more free and when I used to be watching rant videos and Youtube poops all the time when that was a thing.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/05/15 at 11:33 pm

The late 2000s feel like last month to me!! lol ;D  Being a young teenager; it was kind of a weird time for me! There were some fun moments! Watching sports and playing baseball in middle school! Playing Seventh gen gaming(PS3/XBOX360/Wii) But more bad than good happened during those years! 8-P  Perfect example is the passing of my grandfather! Going through puberty, FAST!!! :o  and just getting older in general!!
So yeah the late 2000s are NOT nostalgic for me!!

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/05/15 at 11:49 pm

I can see why. The late 00s are now 6-8 years ago which is not even recent. For this period, I began high school, so it was a huge transition for me after graduating jr high. It's also when I went on social media more often beginning with MySpace. 7th generation gaming was at its height especially since FPSes weren't the majority of games. Reality tv skyrocketed with KUWTK. Simple phones were very common and broadband internet was popular. Music wasnt all electropop. Moreover, people still had connections with each other through calling, texting and emailing and didn't look like zombies.

Written By: bchris02 on 06/06/15 at 3:19 pm

It may seem crazy to some of you, but I really miss the late 00's (2007-2009) already. The years when I was 12-14 was one of the best times of my life. I miss the time when YouTube was young and fun to use. I miss staying up late on my Desktop PC playing online games. I miss still using MSN and opening a Facebook for the first time. I miss using MySpace too. It was just a fun time. Early and Mid 00's I was still a child so I have fond memories from then but now as the time goes on the late 00's become a very special and fun time in my life. 2010 is also nearing pretty nostalgic to me too. But yeah, I just really miss the late 2000s!

I do, but its because it was the best, most exciting time of my life and not because I really miss the trends or that its that much different today.  The mid 2010s suck in my personal life compared to 2008-2012.  I have less nostalgia for 2005-07 because that wasn't a great time in my life.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/06/15 at 5:37 pm

I do, but its because it was the best, most exciting time of my life and not because I really miss the trends or that its that much different today.  The mid 2010s suck in my personal life compared to 2008-2012.  I have less nostalgia for 2005-07 because that wasn't a great time in my life.

It's might be because you are getting older! BTW, how does it feel entering your 30s?!

Written By: 80sfan on 06/06/15 at 6:00 pm

Nope, not yet, early 00s at the latest for me.

Written By: Howard on 06/07/15 at 2:25 pm

Nope, not yet, early 00s at the latest for me.

nope not yet, too early to tell.

Written By: shadowcookie on 06/07/15 at 7:32 pm

I'm less nostalgic for that period specifically and more nostalgic for my early adolescence (12-14). I mean, when I look back at YouTube comments I made in 2008 I want to hit my head against the wall but I think most of us have been there at some point.

2007 and 2008 seem kind of long ago now, but 2009 seems more fresh in my memory, for whatever reason.

Written By: Shemp97 on 06/08/15 at 10:27 am

2006-09 was probably my best school days transitioning to a teenager. Transitioning from elementary to middle school was scary as was moving to a new house, but compared to pre-grade 4 and post-grade 7, the era was the only time I was actually eager to go to school since daycare. Memories that come to mind include: watching the Dark Night, playing online flash games, finally watching youtube videos at school(my school board unblocked youtube in late '09), classic youtube and classic internet in general 8), hanging around during recess and playing wall ball, bringing DS's to school to play multiplayer, getting into R4 :P, Diary of a wimpy kid books, getting into Di-gata defenders/Bakugan, track team and skiing days, Terry Fox runs, etc. I really did alot back then, I the vain of Diary of a wimpy kid, I kept a journal from 2007-2010 and its pretty funny reopening the window into the past.

Written By: bchris02 on 06/08/15 at 3:07 pm

It's might be because you are getting older! BTW, how does it feel entering your 30s?!

It's more because I moved back to my small hometown and then got myself into some financial issues that prevent me from leaving.  The late '00s for me were very exciting and full of new experiences.

Written By: Shemp97 on 06/09/15 at 11:38 am

I love going to the archives and seeing how people saw the late-90s around 2005. Its hilarious how virtually nothing has changed between threads back then and this one.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/09/15 at 2:31 pm

I do! Sometimes. 2007 was good to me. Had fun!

Written By: Slim95 on 06/09/15 at 2:40 pm

I love going to the archives and seeing how people saw the late-90s around 2005. Its hilarious how virtually nothing has changed between threads back then and this one.

Did they miss the late 90s in 05'?

Written By: ArcticFox on 06/09/15 at 10:23 pm

It's more because I moved back to my small hometown and then got myself into some financial issues that prevent me from leaving.  The late '00s for me were very exciting and full of new experiences.

Will you ever tell us about them? Your life and adventures in the 2000's/early 2010's I mean.

Written By: yelimsexa on 06/11/15 at 9:37 am

Did they miss the late 90s in 05'?

I don't know, but there was a thread in December 1999 already stating "2000 artists" (just one post) that sound like '90s artists and mentioned Jessica Simpson (she was popular until around 2003 or so that was typical of the late '90s with a fresh coat of paint early '00s).

http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/inthe90s/bbs0/webBBS_27.shtml

Interestingly, this thread from August 2001, a month before that fateful Tuesday morning had a thread already about the '90s being the last decade that was "sweet and innocent" and mentioned no violence/guns and a good economy. Looking back, it definitely puts off the illusion that the pre-9/11 early '00s were part of the late '90s. IMO the Columbine shooting was definining event that marked the end of the '90s innocence looking back.

But then, most importantly what follows:

http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/inthe90s/bbs1/webBBS_1419.shtml

It then concludes with a general statement about people of a certain age for their own nostalgic pleasures. Yes, August 2001 was "less brilliant" than 1999 even, but still had enough late '90ish traits to be connected, just with a fresh coat of millenial paint.

With regards to the late '00s, I seriously would like to look down on this era. With the fallout from Iraq, housing bubble/great recession, (continued) decline of pop music with autotune/EDM, and people starting to act more like zombies with all this technology, its an era I would like to forget about and won't be nostalgic that even the early '00s will be (gets a pass as it was the end of high school).

Written By: Shemp97 on 06/11/15 at 12:15 pm

I don't know, but there was a thread in December 1999 already stating "2000 artists" (just one post) that sound like '90s artists and mentioned Jessica Simpson (she was popular until around 2003 or so that was typical of the late '90s with a fresh coat of paint early '00s).

http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/inthe90s/bbs0/webBBS_27.shtml

Interestingly, this thread from August 2001, a month before that fateful Tuesday morning had a thread already about the '90s being the last decade that was "sweet and innocent" and mentioned no violence/guns and a good economy. Looking back, it definitely puts off the illusion that the pre-9/11 early '00s were part of the late '90s. IMO the Columbine shooting was definining event that marked the end of the '90s innocence looking back.

But then, most importantly what follows:

http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/inthe90s/bbs1/webBBS_1419.shtml

It then concludes with a general statement about people of a certain age for their own nostalgic pleasures. Yes, August 2001 was "less brilliant" than 1999 even, but still had enough late '90ish traits to be connected, just with a fresh coat of millenial paint.

With regards to the late '00s, I seriously would like to look down on this era. With the fallout from Iraq, housing bubble/great recession, (continued) decline of pop music with autotune/EDM, and people starting to act more like zombies with all this technology, its an era I would like to forget about and won't be nostalgic that even the early '00s will be (gets a pass as it was the end of high school).

Strange, because there are quite a few posts from around the late 90s to mid 00s saying they outright hated the late 90s or the 90s all together. I don't think 90s nostalgia was around in the 00s, or as widespread.

The recession hit us hard but ultimately ended up being softer than the early 90s one that everyone forgets about.
http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2013/11/weak-october-jobs-report-what-the-us-can-learn-from-canada-s-recession-and-recovery

Pop music hasn't really declined that much but Hiphop and R&B sadly took a dive at the end of the decade.

How could people act like tech zombies even in the late 00s with such basic technology? That statement makes as much sense as saying people were zombies to tech in the 90s because of the PDAs. All we in the late 00s had was basic ipods, a gloried feature phone with a touch screen...
L21NWdDY5KE
May I remind you this only sold 26 million world wide by decades end?

...That looks quite familiar...
T7j2pzBofYU
, slow broadband, fuzzy projection"HD" TVs, classic gaming, Youtube(Shareyourworld.com from, 1997 anyone?), online gaming(this has even been around since atari 2600), Facebook and the likes could only be used on a computer, No-one was on Twitter, etc.
Even the population of internet users since 2010 have grown more than over the course of the 2000s decade.
http://www.futuretimeline.net/21stcentury/images/2020-internet-users-graph.jpg
There was hardly a difference between the late 90s and the late 00s, just slightly refined tech and glorified Pocket PC phones.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/11/15 at 12:57 pm

The thing is I don't care about the popular trends or music, I didn't listen to the radio so that has no effect on me. I also was in my early teens so the economy had no effect one me. I just miss ths good old days and am nostalgic over the late 2000s because it was fun still being a kid.

Written By: Howard on 06/11/15 at 3:34 pm

Pop music hasn't really declined that much but Hiphop and R&B sadly took a dive at the end of the decade.

and a lot of new Hip Hop artists came on the scene.

Written By: mimitchi33 on 06/20/15 at 1:13 pm

Me too, since I grew up in that decade!  :D A lot of good memories-qubo, Kewlopolis, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, Cereal Straws, Go-Tarts, revivals of 80's franchises, Tamagotchi, G3 My Little Pony, Kidtoon Films...the list never stops!

Written By: Shemp97 on 06/20/15 at 1:16 pm

Me too, since I grew up in that decade!  :D A lot of good memories-qubo, Kewlopolis, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, Cereal Straws, Go-Tarts, revivals of 80's franchises, Tamagotchi, G3 My Little Pony, Kidtoon Films...the list never stops!

I got into Speed Racer because of the movie that came out. Watched the cartoon and got the DS game too.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/20/15 at 11:36 pm

I don't somehow just this year I started getting nostalgic for the late 00's. Probably because I turned 20 this year and a lot of people my age are starting to miss their childhood more and more around this time. It's also weird just this year I started having more and more nostalgia for the 2000s in general. It's just starting to feel like a completely different time especially how the internet was back then. 2000s nostalgia will creep on us in the next few years especially after we get even more enhanced tech coming out.

Written By: ArcticFox on 06/21/15 at 4:32 am

I guess I kinda miss it, but not in the pop cultural sense. Gosh, there was a lot of bad music in the late 2000's but I had fun with my friends. I miss going out in the cornfield.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 06/21/15 at 5:14 am

I don't feel nostalgia for late 00s culture, but for personal reasons.

Written By: sonic2005 on 07/05/15 at 12:42 am

late 00s was garbage except for the movies and tech

Written By: Shemp97 on 07/05/15 at 11:10 pm

Gosh, there was a lot of bad music in the late 2000's

Ikr? Lupe fiasco and lady gaga were terrible. Thank god we have Iggy Azalea now ::)

Written By: ArcticFox on 07/06/15 at 9:10 am

Ikr? Lupe fiasco and lady gaga were terrible. Thank god we have Iggy Azalea now ::)

Lupe Fiasco was never particularly popular here in America, Lady Gaga was never that good in the first place, and Iggy Azalea's 15 minutes of fame are over. I prefer Adele, Ed Sheeran, Ella Henderson, Calvin Harris, Luke Bryan, Bruno Mars, Coldplay, Imagine Dragons, early Nicki Minaj, and B.o.B.

Written By: shadowcookie on 07/06/15 at 4:22 pm

I only like Calvin Harris - and I don't mind some of Coldplay's work - but Calvin Harris has been making music since 2006 and Coldplay have been popular for donkeys years.

Don't like Adele or Bruno Mars - or any of the others on there.

Calvin Harris song from 2007. Reached #10 on the UK charts.

dOV5WXISM24

Another one from 2009

XO4msvIA7cw

I prefer his early work, but most people outside the UK aren't aware of his older music.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/16/15 at 8:05 pm

I would consider the late 2000s to be the cutoff for nostalgia to me, because the early 2010s were only 5-2 years ago and they're still recent to most people. But if the early 2010s would be nostalgic, then I wouldn't even dare getting nostalgic over the decade.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/16/15 at 8:07 pm

I would consider the late 2000s to be the cutoff for nostalgia to me, because the early 2010s were only 5-2 years ago and they're still recent to most people. But if the early 2010s would be nostalgic, then I wouldn't even dare getting nostalgic over the decade.

Hey nice dude, and I like those list of 2000's sitcoms you got on your list, and welcome to this site!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/17/15 at 6:27 pm

Hey nice dude, and I like those list of 2000's sitcoms you got on your list, and welcome to this site!

Thanks dude.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/21/16 at 10:38 am

I have undeniably nostalgia for that year now that sparked just today. But only school associated. Summer school to be exact.

Written By: 2001 on 09/21/16 at 11:03 am

Only a little bit for late 2009. I was looking for something missing, and I came across some of my high school notes and the dates were September 2009 or so, and that hit me really hard and put me in my happy place. Those were fun times for me.  ;D

Other than that, most things were worse in the late 2000s, so it's going to be hard to be nostalgic.

Written By: aja675 on 09/22/16 at 3:44 am

I only really like 2007 and 2008.

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 09/24/16 at 5:20 am

My main nostalgia years are the mid to late 2000s. 2006-2010, I was 16-20 years old.

I would like to be any age between 16-20 again, but it would also have to be the same era. Basically I would just like to go back in time and live my life from the age of 16 upwards.

The late 2000s had a lot of the things people seem to take for granted today, mobile internet, web 2.0, etc. Most people wouldn't notice much difference between now and 10 years ago. I am still visiting the same websites, playing the same games.

It's weird because I was a young person back then but now I am no longer in that age group, it's quite strange really.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/24/16 at 10:01 am

My main nostalgia years are the mid to late 2000s. 2006-2010, I was 16-20 years old.

I would like to be any age between 16-20 again, but it would also have to be the same era. Basically I would just like to go back in time and live my life from the age of 16 upwards.

I stated this my self as I looked back on school. Its not simple in the slightest. If I was to go back to school, I would have to work with seeing multiple females since those are one of the aspects I miss.

Written By: wixness on 09/25/16 at 9:41 pm

This was when long hair on guys was cool, so I also miss it.

Written By: 2001 on 09/25/16 at 10:14 pm

This was when long hair on guys was cool, so I also miss it.

Is that you in your avatar?

Written By: wixness on 09/25/16 at 10:20 pm

Is that you in your avatar?

I freaking wish.

Written By: 2001 on 09/25/16 at 10:23 pm

I freaking wish.

;D

I didn't have that particular hairstyle, but a hair straightener and some hair gel would take you a long way in the late 2000s  :D

Written By: wixness on 09/25/16 at 10:31 pm

;D

I didn't have that particular hairstyle, but a hair straightener

Check
and some hair gel would take you a long way in the late 2000s  :D

My hair might be set alight or something and I'll lose it for ever, especially if I try to straighten it.

Written By: 2001 on 09/25/16 at 10:36 pm

Check
My hair might be set alight or something and I'll lose it for ever, especially if I try to straighten it.

You need to wear gloves and not put the straightener too close to the scalp (and of course have long hair)

Written By: wixness on 09/25/16 at 10:44 pm

You need to wear gloves and not put the straightener too close to the scalp (and of course have long hair)

My parents may cut it before I get to that stage, and the only way I could resist would be to shout at them or hit them. Also, what sort of gloves specifically?

vCdBJ60zNMU

I could start here, but, as I said, my hair won't get long enough.

Written By: 2001 on 09/25/16 at 11:30 pm

My parents may cut it before I get to that stage, and the only way I could resist would be to shout at them or hit them. Also, what sort of gloves specifically?

vCdBJ60zNMU

I could start here, but, as I said, my hair won't get long enough.

Just any heat resistant gloves, even oven gloves could work. Your parents would yell at you? Are you still in high school or do you just have strict parents?

And holy crap that looks like a lot of work.  :o  ;D

In the late 2000s I would more follow this guy's hair in the beginning of the video, except I didn't put in too much product. Just put hold where it looked necessary. 5 minutes on my hair max!  ;D

PQLy4efS1q4

It was fun while it lasted, but by the early '10s, I realized I looked more attractive with a crew cut  :-X

Written By: wixness on 09/25/16 at 11:39 pm

Just any heat resistant gloves, even oven gloves could work. Your parents would yell at you? Are you still in high school or do you just have strict parents?

And holy crap that looks like a lot of work.  :o  ;D

In the late 2000s I would more follow this guy's hair in the beginning of the video, except I didn't put in too much product. Just put hold where it looked necessary. 5 minutes on my hair max!  ;D

PQLy4efS1q4

It was fun while it lasted, but by the early '10s, I realized I looked more attractive with a crew cut  :-X

I'm at uni and I have strict parents. I hope I won't fall asleep in the lecture today.

Would latex or woolly gloves work? I'm tempted to do it without gloves.

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 10/03/16 at 2:52 am

I can see why. The late 00s are now 6-8 years ago which is not even recent. For this period, I began high school, so it was a huge transition for me after graduating jr high. It's also when I went on social media more often beginning with MySpace. 7th generation gaming was at its height especially since FPSes weren't the majority of games. Reality tv skyrocketed with KUWTK. Simple phones were very common and broadband internet was popular. Music wasnt all electropop. Moreover, people still had connections with each other through calling, texting and emailing and didn't look like zombies.

There will always be disagreements, I guess it depends what you mean when you refer to people "looking like zombies"? I assume you mean people walking around oblivious? That has been common since at least the last 10 years.

Also it depends what you mean by phones being simple in 2006. In 2005 for instance I had a phone that you could go on the internet on, listen to music and take pics with. Of course it was only 1 megapixel and you couldn't store a lot of tunes and the internet capability was basic but it was hardly a black and white phone with only texting and calling capabilities.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/03/16 at 9:03 am

There will always be disagreements, I guess it depends what you mean when you refer to people "looking like zombies"? I assume you mean people walking around oblivious? That has been common since at least the last 10 years.

Also it depends what you mean by phones being simple in 2006. In 2005 for instance I had a phone that you could go on the internet on, listen to music and take pics with. Of course it was only 1 megapixel and you couldn't store a lot of tunes and the internet capability was basic but it was hardly a black and white phone with only texting and calling capabilities.

But those phones aren't really as addicting as phones from today, which have more capabilities than the average flip-phone in the mid-late 2000s. You could text faster, have more data, surf the Internet faster, and have high quality ringtones.

Written By: wixness on 10/03/16 at 1:17 pm

But those phones aren't really as addicting as phones from today, which have more capabilities than the average flip-phone in the mid-late 2000s. You could text faster, have more data, surf the Internet faster, and have high quality ringtones.

iOS doesn't have a lot of customisation (you could change the theme on your phone on a Nokia smartphone that ran Series 40), you could pirate apps like on Android (good thing since Gameloft have basically become the EA of the mobile gaming world in addition to EA on consoles and PCs) and run the executables like you would a Windows program, the games weren't all Clash of Clans, Flappy Bird and Temple Run clones, the phones were actually helpful for the visually impaired and productivity users especially with T9, and they killed off unlimited data this decade for mobile broadband in my country since 4G was introduced. Oh, and two of my Nokias could run a few standalone .swf files. Only Three and giffgaff here in the UK still have such tariffs, and giffgaff uses Three's network and is only available in the UK.

I'm basically talking about the phones people had in the mid-late 2000s, before most people had an iPhone and when phones like the Nokia 3310 would be considered "primitive".

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/03/16 at 1:43 pm

iOS doesn't have a lot of customisation (you could change the theme on your phone on a Nokia smartphone that ran Series 40), you could pirate apps like on Android (good thing since Gameloft have basically become the EA of the mobile gaming world in addition to EA on consoles and PCs) and run the executables like you would a Windows program, the games weren't all Clash of Clans, Flappy Bird and Temple Run clones, the phones were actually helpful for the visually impaired and productivity users especially with T9, and they killed off unlimited data this decade for mobile broadband in my country since 4G was introduced. Oh, and two of my Nokias could run a few standalone .swf files. Only Three and giffgaff here in the UK still have such tariffs, and giffgaff uses Three's network and is only available in the UK.

I'm basically talking about the phones people had in the mid-late 2000s, before most people had an iPhone and when phones like the Nokia 3310 would be considered "primitive".

I'm pretty sure I knew that the day I got my first iPad, which was 5 years ago.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/03/16 at 9:57 pm

The best part of the late 2000s was the creation of the most amazing operating system in the history of the world in 2009. My personal favourite OS ever, the one and only, Windows 7!  :D

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bd/Windows_7.png
7URC6c7U8LQ

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/04/16 at 8:20 am

The best part of the late 2000s was the creation of the most amazing operating system in the history of the world in 2009. My personal favourite OS ever, the one and only, Windows 7!  :D

7URC6c7U8LQ

I miss having Windows 7 during 2012 to late 2015. It was cool, but not as cool as Windows XP.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/04/16 at 10:51 am

I miss having Windows 7 during 2012 to late 2015. It was cool, but not as cool as Windows XP.

I think Windows 7 is much better than XP. Faster, newer and more stable. Plus the UI is nicer too.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/04/16 at 10:54 am

I think Windows 7 is much better than XP. Faster, newer and more stable. Plus the UI is nicer too.

Yeah. It's also discontinued since 2014. But if I had to choose a Windows OS, it had to be 10. I find it more faster than 7, imo.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/04/16 at 10:58 am

Yeah. It's also discontinued since 2014. But if I had to choose a Windows OS, it had to be 10. I find it more faster than 7, imo.

I hate Windows 10 so much. It's also not that much faster than 7 other than boot/startup times. Windows 7 forever!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/04/16 at 11:08 am

I hate Windows 10 so much. It's also not that much faster than 7 other than boot/startup times. Windows 7 forever!

Okay. As somebody who kinda liked Windows 7, it was a good OS. It was better than Vista, to be honest.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/04/16 at 11:38 am

Okay. As somebody who kinda liked Windows 7, it was a good OS. It was better than Vista, to be honest.

Oh yeah, Vista sucked.

Written By: Howard on 10/04/16 at 2:37 pm

7URC6c7U8LQ

I still have Windows 7.

Written By: 2000s Nostalgiaist on 11/12/16 at 5:51 am

I don't know, I haven't owned a smartphone really yet. The base functionality has been around for at least a decade. A lot of stuff from 11 or 12 years ago still looks modern. Nokia N gage, Sony PSP, etc. I guess I am not as much of a technology nerd as most people of my generation :P

And how come some ppl say "addicting" instead of "addictive"? The later sounds far more natural.

Written By: wixness on 11/12/16 at 10:47 am

I don't know, I haven't owned a smartphone really yet. The base functionality has been around for at least a decade. A lot of stuff from 11 or 12 years ago still looks modern. Nokia N gage, Sony PSP, etc. I guess I am not as much of a technology nerd as most people of my generation :P

And how come some ppl say "addicting" instead of "addictive"? The later sounds far more natural.

No thanks to Apple, aka iSimplify.

As for the second point on "addicting", we just need to ditch English.

Check for new replies or respond here...