inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: did anyone else have an amazing summer in 2005??

Written By: sonic2005 on 07/29/15 at 10:21 pm

from the cartoon network summer 2005 special ,KCA 2005, Movies like batman begins coming out etc... did anyone else have a good summer in 05??

Subject: Re: did anyone else have an amazing summer in 2005??

Written By: bchris02 on 07/30/15 at 12:07 am

from the cartoon network summer 2005 special ,KCA 2005, Movies like batman begins coming out etc... did anyone else have a good summer in 05??

Summer of 2005 was an awful summer for me in my personal life so that is a year I am not too nostalgic for.  2006 was better.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/30/15 at 10:52 am

I think I remember going to the local beaches a lot back in the summer of 2005. Along with watching various PBS Kids, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network shows back then.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/30/15 at 11:08 am

I also remember watching Disney Channel's shows a lot back in 2005. It was awesome watching Brady and Mr. Whiskers, The Lilo & Stitch show, etc. Disney Channel and Toon Disney were the best in 2005 to 2008.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 07/30/15 at 3:27 pm

Summer of 2005 was GREAT!!! Boy scouts summer camp!! Swimming lessons, carnival, tennis camp etc.!! The only bad thing for me was hearing about Peter Jennings death in august!!! :\'( :\'(

Written By: ArcticFox on 07/30/15 at 3:29 pm

I moved to a different state that year. I liked summer '05. It was okay.

Written By: ArcticFox on 07/30/15 at 3:29 pm

Summer of 2005 was an awful summer for me in my personal life so that is a year I am not too nostalgic for.  2006 was better.

What happened?

Written By: XYkid on 07/31/15 at 8:02 am

It was pretty fun for me actually, I was 11

Written By: Shemp97 on 07/31/15 at 10:42 am

Went to Disney world for a second time. The first time was in 2003.
It was the only year other than 2006 that Johnny Test wad still worth watching.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/31/15 at 8:33 pm

Went to Disney world for a second time. The first time was in 2003.
It was the only year other than 2006 that Johnny Test wad still worth watching.

So, you only enjoy watching the first two seasons of Johnny Test? You can still watch them, the show is probably still on.

Written By: 97er on 08/03/15 at 2:00 pm

I don't remember much from that summer. My favorite summer would have to be 2006 though. So fun and I remember watching the World Cup.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/28/15 at 7:33 pm

Yeah, actually. I wasn't aware of the fun I was actually experiencing due to me originally hating 2005. Everyone should know the major New Orleans accident, so 2005 was adventure like for me. Me and my brother was with our older sister and her partner at the time while our mom was in the hospital. We traveled to Houston Texas, resting in amazing hotels. Then we traveled to ATL, Georgia where I first became introduced to Naruto. I was basically obsessed with the anime at the time. It was as if we made it just in time due to the apartment we moved in was already populated with a variety of high school students. It was seriously like a new beginning. I even met my first love interest there that it took me years to get over and what makes it such a amazement is, she originally approached me and I messed it up from there. The experience was very phenomenon and it only got better. More girls were trying to befriend me while I was to stupid to realize haha I surely regret not taking their offer. They had nice bodies and cute faces from what I remember. I was still even a freshmen. The high school was advance and the teachers were really accepting and tolerant. I felt really out of place but I was still enjoying the new faces. 2005 was definitely a amazing year. I can even say the fun I experience in 2005 rivals the fun I had experience the earlier 2000s. My 2005 memories aged very well.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/28/15 at 7:40 pm

A fun year but I didn't like the music that year.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/30/15 at 1:56 pm

I just realized I didn't exactly respond to this topic. But yeah, my recent post sums up my experience of 2005. I was in summer school during 05 before the accident and it was still great. 2005 was also the last year I seen everyone I knew in middle school to high school. I recently Googled the exact school that were confirmed closed right after the freaking same year.

Written By: the2001 on 11/23/15 at 1:24 pm

Summer 2005 was fun

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 11/23/15 at 2:27 pm

I loved the summer of '05! It was the summer between jr. high and high school for me. Me and a group of like 9 or 10 other guys were hanging out almost everyday. Fun times.

Written By: KatanaChick on 11/24/15 at 9:07 am

Summer of '05 was uneventful. I sat around and watched the boob tube all day and played on the computer. Summer of '03 however, was not one to forget! I went to the beach, saw a concert, and had an outing to an amusement park.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/25/15 at 12:29 pm

Yes! I did. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Written By: nally on 11/25/15 at 12:45 pm

Yes, there were various things about the summer of that year that I enjoyed!

First of all, I officially changed my academic major to Liberal Arts; I also spent some time volunteering at this university (the stint began the previous year). I turned 25; I went to a Dodgers baseball game for the first time in 9 years (even though they ended up losing); and I also did some activities with other young adults. Good memorable times indeed. :)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/25/15 at 8:16 pm

Michael got sprung in June. My friends and I celebrated from them till Christmas. That's the short version.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/25/15 at 8:48 pm

I started driving to school in the fall of 2005, the beginning of Junior year in high school. Bad idea!  :-X

Written By: popguru85 on 11/27/15 at 11:33 am

I had a pretty busy summer that year. I remember taking a summer English course for college, I changed jobs and got a new car that year. I also went to the Jersey Shore with a few friends for my birthday and caught Batman Begins, Star Wars Episode III, The Longest Yard, and 40 Year Old Virgin in theaters.

Written By: #Infinity on 11/27/15 at 12:40 pm

I think this was roughly the time my musical interests first began to diverge from the top 40.  I listened to the Beastie Boys a ton this summer, and I also got into The Offspring after I got Ixnay on the Hombre for my 13th birthday.  I distinctly remember buying Smash the same day that Late Registration came out (August 30th, 2005), and the former became one of my most played albums as a teenager, whereas I thought the latter was underwhelming compared to The College Dropout.  By the time autumn came around and stuff like Laffy Taffy and Grind with Me was eating up the charts, I pretty much had no interest to follow top 40 music anymore (Now 19, from summer 2005, was thus the last Now album I bought, though my sister got Now 20 for her birthday).

Otherwise, I remember taking a Java course that I didn't like much at the time, as well as a video-making course that I didn't get to participate in as much as I had wanted.  Also, lotsa, lotsa Dance Dance Revolution.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 11/27/15 at 7:01 pm

Summer of 2005 was amazing but I personally found the summer of 2004 and 2006 much more memorable

Written By: mqg96 on 11/27/15 at 7:36 pm

Summer of 2005 was amazing but I personally found the summer of 2004 and 2006 much more memorable

You got the same opinion as mine! From summers 2001-2006 it goes in this a pattern where during the even years (2002, 2004, 2006) I went on several vacations, family events, and I had some memorable moments that I can cherish for a lifetime, but during the odd years (2001, 2003, 2005) our family just stayed in town the whole summer and it wasn't as memorable, but the funny thing is, I find some of the pop culture from 2001, 2003, and 2005 to be superior to 2002, 2004, and 2006! Which made all the summers even to me in different ways. That wasn't the case with summer 2007 & 2008 though. Throughout spring & summer 2007 I went on the most vacations in my whole lifetime a year because of my dad's travel job at the time, and 2007 had some epic movies, but summer 2008 was so boring and stressful for me renovating the house and I went through a lot in life, which marked the end of my childhood for sure, however, the good thing about 2008 was that it was the first full year I had the Wii after getting it in Christmas 2007, which probably saved that dreadful 2008 for me. Summer 2009 was a huge improvement.

Written By: the2001 on 11/27/15 at 10:31 pm

summer 05 was more more memorable, 2006 was as well just not as  2005.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/27/15 at 10:50 pm

Forgot--2005 was also when I first got heavy into 3T. It lasted for about 2 years before I got into Prince. (the singer) After several years, I've realized Prince is loony as a goddamn road lizard and went back to what I knew. Also then is where I really started writing the eroticas I've become pretty well known for writing. Although ten years ago, they were rudimentary at best. Around that time I started dating my first serious boyfriend--he's partially responsible for my transition into Prince  ::) --we've since split and he's moved up the country. Yeah it was pretty good. At least one of my interests got rekindled and I'm floating near the top of the heap, just under the kids that met the band. But I'm working to change that.  ;)

Written By: 2001 on 12/07/15 at 2:26 pm

I remember it being very boring. I swam most the day and watched a lot of TV. Mostly Desperate Housewives, The Office, Arreste Development, Prison Break and a few other high school dramas, and generally following the disasters that were Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears. My sister was born August 2005, but she couldn't leave the hospital for months because she had many birth complications, so I just remember listening to emo and rock music and crying everyday (wow... a bit dark for this forum). So yeah, not exactly the best summer. 2004 - 2006 in general were difficult years for me.

Music wise it was definitely great though. All-American Rejects (Move Along), Fall Out Boy (Sugar We're Going Down), Jennifer Lopez (Get Right), Akon (Mr. Lonely), 50 Cent (Candy), Sum 41 (Pieces), Usher (Yeah!), Avril Lavigne (Nobody's Home), Black Eyed Peas (My Hump) etc. I could go on all day haha.

Written By: KatanaChick on 12/09/15 at 6:49 am

I remember it being very boring. I swam most the day and watched a lot of TV. Mostly Desperate Housewives, The Office, Arreste Development, Prison Break and a few other high school dramas, and generally following the disasters that were Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears. My sister was born August 2005, but she couldn't leave the hospital for months because she had many birth complications, so I just remember listening to emo and rock music and crying everyday (wow... a bit dark for this forum). So yeah, not exactly the best summer. 2004 - 2006 in general were difficult years for me.

Music wise it was definitely great though. All-American Rejects (Move Along), Fall Out Boy (Sugar We're Going Down), Jennifer Lopez (Get Right), Akon (Mr. Lonely), 50 Cent (Candy), Sum 41 (Pieces), Usher (Yeah!), Avril Lavigne (Nobody's Home), Black Eyed Peas (My Hump) etc. I could go on all day haha.

I'd say you had a fun summer if you swam most of the day! I don't miss those crappy night time dramas at all. Not good if you were having family problems though.

Written By: mqg96 on 12/09/15 at 3:30 pm

Hahaha, funny, you were born in February 1993, your sister was born in August 2005, and you thought 2007-2009 were difficult years in your personal life. Well, I was born in February 1996, my youngest sister was born in August 2008, and I thought 2008 was the most dreadful boring summer of my entire life, and 2007-2009 were difficult years for me as well, but my Summer 2009 was actually pretty fun looking back though. That's in a 3 year span. The only difference was that I spent most of my Summer 2008 on the Wii and XBOX a lot. Playing Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, GTA III, etc.

Written By: the2001 on 12/25/15 at 11:32 am

2005 was anything but boring lmao

Written By: 2001 on 01/16/16 at 5:08 pm

Bumping this thread for the2001 ;D

Written By: 2001 on 01/16/16 at 5:11 pm

Hahaha, funny, you were born in February 1993, your sister was born in August 2005, and you thought 2007-2009 were difficult years in your personal life. Well, I was born in February 1996, my youngest sister was born in August 2008, and I thought 2008 was the most dreadful boring summer of my entire life, and 2007-2009 were difficult years for me as well, but my Summer 2009 was actually pretty fun looking back though. That's in a 3 year span. The only difference was that I spent most of my Summer 2008 on the Wii and XBOX a lot. Playing Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, GTA III, etc.

I think everyone hates their preteen/early teen years lol. Weird how our lives are working in 3 year parallels though! I also spent a lot of summer of '05 playing boring MMOs and PS2.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/16 at 7:54 am

My summer of 2005 was amazing! I was in full time employment, a good salary, and the full benefits within. I had many staff bonding days!

Check for new replies or respond here...